What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Masters - A Tradition Unlike Any Other (1 Viewer)

I like Xander a lot at 20:1. Seems like every event he's in the running, just a matter of time before he puts it together on Sunday to finish it off.

Cam Young at 45:1 as well just seems like one of those guys who if all parts of his game can come together on the same weekend he can really put up some crazy scores.

As a casual golf fan I'm always intrigued by lesser known names (to me) that are high up in the odds rankings. Joaquin Niemann and Ludvig Aberg are both listed at 28-1 at DraftKings. Anyone have any insight on these 2 and their chances?

As a casual golf fan I'm always intrigued by lesser known names (to me) that are high up in the odds rankings. Joaquin Niemann and Ludvig Aberg are both listed at 28-1 at DraftKings. Anyone have any insight on these 2 and their chances?
Aberg has been called a generational talent by some and he's played very well this year on tour. Playing in his 1st major though. Niemann moved to LiV so no idea how he's been playing but before his move he was trending toward winning a major at some point.

Scottie is on fire and currently at +450, his odds are only going to get worse between now and 4/11.
Lowest odds since prime Tiger I believe. Pretty crazy. I’ve been taking him as my Tier 1 guy for several years now but will likely pivot this week. It’s hard in that format though because he’s a top 10 lock.

I’ll be steering clear of the big LIV guys again this year…didn’t work out LY!

Finau could click at any moment. How about Lowry? Great tee-to-green game. We know how successful Euros have been here.

Last edited:
Not set in stone.

Entry #1
Scheffler, Rahm, Hovland, Harman, Straka, Echroat

Entry #2
McIlroy, Matsuyama, Aberg, Cantlay, Lowry, Hatton

Scottie is on fire and currently at +450, his odds are only going to get worse between now and 4/11.
Lowest odds since prime Tiger I believe. Pretty crazy. I’ve been taking him as my Tier 1 guy for several years now but will likely pivot this week. It’s hard in that format though because he’s a top 10 lock.

Finau could click at any moment. How about Lowry? Great tee-to-green game. We know how successful Euros have been here.

What were the odds on DJ the year he hurt his back falling down stairs?

Aberg has been called a generational talent by some and he's played very well this year on tour. Playing in his 1st major though. Niemann moved to LiV so no idea how he's been playing but before his move he was trending toward winning a major at some point.
Neimann has been playing well this year. I believe he's won a couple LIV events, but he got his invite to the Masters by winning an Asian Tour event this year.

What were the odds on DJ the year he hurt his back falling down stairs?
I saw 9/1…Tiger was 3.5/1 in ‘12…Rory 4/1…the two lowest I’ve found.

I'll be in 3 pools for this but will wait until Thursday night to place an outright winner wager - I guess if you LOVE Scottie, got get him now but his odds could certainly get sexier if he is in the mix after round 1 and not running away with it, which is probably what will happen. My 2 cents.

Favorite sports week of the year. Pre-internet, my mom would call me at work a half dozen times on Thursday & Friday with updates.

Maybe the only course I haven’t played which I could mentally play every shot on every hole. Where else do we know which side to miss on, or where the player is dead no matter what? Best chance for Sunday drama of any of the Grand Slams.

Niemann playing really well. He has also put together some halfway decent rounds at augusta. If there is any substantial wind, I think that helps his cause.

Took him each way extended places(8) at 25-1.

Just entered my 1st pool. Have to pick guys from 3 tiers. Went with:
Scheffler
Matsuyama
Neimann

Now have to pick different guys for the 3 other pools I intend to join.

One bet for me this year and it's Xander. Was able to get him at 20-1 last week and he's down to 15-1 now. I already feel like a winner.

Something odd I saw was Koepka is 16-1 to win and Niemann is 30-1 to win but for top LiV finisher Niemann was slightly favored over Brooks (+500/+550) 🤔

aberg is a sneaky good pick.
Maybe straight up…but Tier 1 in that format, so you’d have to take him over Scottie, Rahm, Rory, Xander, Koepka…he’s not sneaky any more. He was Tier 1 at the Players also. Crazy for a majors rookie.

Just entered my 1st pool. Have to pick guys from 3 tiers. Went with:
Scheffler
Matsuyama
Neimann

Now have to pick different guys for the 3 other pools I intend to join.
2nd pool:
Rory (maybe this is the year that everyone doubts him so he doesn't choke)
Speith
Zalatoris
Si Woo Kim
SungJae Im

Bovada has Morikawa 28th or better at -110, I like him to be in the Top 10 so I'm jumping on this line.

Switched in Niemann for Hovland. Forgot about the swing changes Hovland is working through. Niemann is a defensive pick with all the talk about him. Had to also switch in Malnati for Eckroat to fit in the $50,000 cap.

Entry #1
Scheffler, $11,900
Rahm, $9,500
Niemann, $8,300
Harman, $7,400
Straka, $6,600
Malnati, $6,300

Need at least 4 to make the cut.

just heard that they’re calling for possibly decent amount of rain on Thursday, which could completely soften up the course

And slow the greens. I think I’m at the point after the last 7-8 years that I believe the green difficulty is now over-hyped, and im picking that way. Just not as dangerous as it used to be. And players are better putters.

And slow the greens. I think I’m at the point after the last 7-8 years that I believe the green difficulty is now over-hyped, and im picking that way. Just not as dangerous as it used to be. And players are better putters.
they were talking about how fast they are but that the rain can change the whole outlook which seems crazy since they will go on and on about the dryer system.

Windy and a bunch of rain Thurs AM. Thurs PM maybe gets a break. Rest of weather is calm wind. What's the winner O/U?

they were talking about how fast they are but that the rain can change the whole outlook which seems crazy since they will go on and on about the dryer system.
Would love to see it but since we haven’t in years, other than a few windy dry days…I’m skeptical.

Users who are viewing this thread