What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Kicker (K) Thread (2 Viewers)

Would you say that Matt Bryant is now healthy and back to being a high end K #1? Are the Falcons back to putting up decent numbers on offense again?

Now that Elliott had this unfortunate injury, and Sturgis is off IR, besides Gostskowski, who is #2 / #3 moving forward? Bryant? Lutz? Butker? Greg the Leg? Tucker? Wonder where Stugis may figure into this?
I’m hopeful Greg the Leg picks up right where he left off after a meeting with the stifling Vikings defense.

Would you say that Matt Bryant is now healthy and back to being a high end K #1? Are the Falcons back to putting up decent numbers on offense again?

Now that Elliott had this unfortunate injury, and Sturgis is off IR, besides Gostskowski, who is #2 / #3 moving forward? Bryant? Lutz? Butker? Greg the Leg? Tucker? Wonder where Stugis may figure into this?
Lutz, obviously. Logic being he’s on my roster.

Seriously though, very consistent production all year.

Last edited by a moderator:

I dropped Bryant for Elliott.  Gonna try to pick Bryant back up.  If I fail, I will go with who the eagles go with.  They have not activated sturgis yet and it sounds like Elliott will keep his job if he's cleared

Got Boswell.. succop and jake elliott magically appeared on my waiver wire.. Got the feeling i should hold and play boswell. 

Waivers were Wednesday evening. I decided to take the "sure thing" and claim Lutz and dropped Elliott. While I would have preferred to keep Elliott, with the concussion potential and him not playing, and Sturgis's possible return......decided Lutz would be the better choice.

And, Lutz has a great indoor schedule coming up so he may even be an upgrade!!

Lost Butker after dropping him over his bye week. The best I could get was Forbath, who has been incredibly frustrating. How could a guy on such a high-powered offense produce so little? Doesn't help that he keeps missing XPs (which my league penalizes for).

Considering switching to Gano. Carolina offense seems to be rounding into form.

Still carrying Boswell and Elliott.. Trying to make a decision between these 2 (and succop on ww) is a rather tough choice.

Still carrying Boswell and Elliott.. Trying to make a decision between these 2 (and succop on ww) is a rather tough choice.
You too? Elliot literally lost a game for me last week... both have great matchups (Boswell vs. GB, Elliot vs. CHI) and both teams have offenses willing to run it up. I should win this week but I'm not sure who to start.

You too? Elliot literally lost a game for me last week... both have great matchups (Boswell vs. GB, Elliot vs. CHI) and both teams have offenses willing to run it up. I should win this week but I'm not sure who to start.
Pitt at home vs a gb team with 0 defense and 0 offense.. and a high implied point total from vegas (27.5 currently)

Philly playing chicago who wants to run run run and eat clock.. probably less opportunities to score.

Think i'll roll out boswell but hold Elliott.

Chargers signed K Travis Coons to their practice squad.

He gives the Chargers some insurance in case Nick Novak (back) can't go Sunday against Cleveland. Coons last played for the Browns in 2015, converting 28-fo-32 field goal attempts with a long of 47 yards.

Source: Field Yates on Twitter 

Nov 28 - 6:05 PM

Chargers signed K Travis Coons to their practice squad.

He gives the Chargers some insurance in case Nick Novak (back) can't go Sunday against Cleveland. Coons last played for the Browns in 2015, converting 28-fo-32 field goal attempts with a long of 47 yards.

Source: Field Yates on Twitter 

Nov 28 - 6:05 PM
Dang, came here to see if anyone had opinions/updates on Novak.

I like Novak's situation, but not so much that I'm going to wait around until Sunday to find out if he's playing. And even if he does, there's a risk of a repeat of the Dallas game.

As of right now, leaning Gano over Forbath.

I had Butker and with the playoffs almost here I am now doing something stupid and carrying two kickers, Butker and Elliott. I figure to give Butker one more chance this week to see if the chiefs can get the offense back on track against the jets. If not I have insurance in Elliott for the playoffs.

Dang, came here to see if anyone had opinions/updates on Novak.

I like Novak's situation, but not so much that I'm going to wait around until Sunday to find out if he's playing. And even if he does, there's a risk of a repeat of the Dallas game.

As of right now, leaning Gano over Forbath.
Do not pick up Novak.  Dude barely finished last game and missed all kinds of kicks.  Surely you can do better than that

I had Butker and with the playoffs almost here I am now doing something stupid and carrying two kickers, Butker and Elliott. I figure to give Butker one more chance this week to see if the chiefs can get the offense back on track against the jets. If not I have insurance in Elliott for the playoffs.
Don't carry 2 kickers.  Drop butker for anything

Don't carry 2 kickers.  Drop butker for anything
Agree. Elliott is on a high-powered offense. That's the best you can hope for at this time of year (well, technically the best you can hope for is a high-powered offense playing in a dome, but this is a close second.)

Agree. Elliott is on a high-powered offense. That's the best you can hope for at this time of year (well, technically the best you can hope for is a high-powered offense playing in a dome, but this is a close second.)
I keep going back and forth on Butker vs Elliott. I think Butker is the better kicker and has all those home games coming up, but Elliott is on the better offense. All misses are -3, even at 50+, so accuracy is very important to me. Forbath is available too, but he has some misses/blocks that concern me. Kicker problems. 

I keep going back and forth on Butker vs Elliott. I think Butker is the better kicker and has all those home games coming up, but Elliott is on the better offense. All misses are -3, even at 50+, so accuracy is very important to me. Forbath is available too, but he has some misses/blocks that concern me. Kicker problems. 
I just dropped Forbath for Gano. He had all the right ingredients (offense, team on a hot streak, plays in a dome) but the accuracy issues were killing me.

Anyone know if Novak is a go? Sweet matchup. Heavy favorite, warm weather, Chargers rolling.
Kicker Travis Coons has signed to the Chargers’ active roster and will kick for them tomorrow against the Browns, his agent announced on Twitter. Coons was signed to the Chargers’ practice squad this week after Nick Novak was injured on Thanksgiving. The Chargers initially said they expected Novak to be able to go on Sunday, but apparently Novak has been slower to recover than the Chargers hoped.

Coons played all 16 games for the Browns in 2015 and went 28-for-32 on field goals but hasn’t played in the NFL since. Now he’ll get a shot at kicking against his former team.

Lutz is T2nd in our format amongst Ks.  2 QBs, 5 WRs, 2 RBs, 2 DSTs with more points. Managed so badly I'm only 8-4.  :lol:  

ETA: I misread that, you guys are Zuerlein owners. He has 28 more points than Lutz.

If he were on my team my list would be 2 QBs, 2 WRs, 1 RB, 2 DSTs. Makes me glad the Legatron owner is in 11th place.

King of the Jungle said:
This made me look at mine....outside of QBs and Antonio same thing....along with my defense (jags)
Zuerlein has 22 more points than the next K. 

K Zuerlein +22 

TE Gronk  +6

WR AB +15

RB TG3 +33

QB Wilson +7

Def Baltimore +9

A case can be made Zuerlein has been one of the top 10 players to own for fantasy.

Zuerlein has 22 more points than the next K. 

K Zuerlein +22 

TE Gronk  +6

WR AB +15

RB TG3 +33

QB Wilson +7

Def Baltimore +9

A case can be made Zuerlein has been one of the top 10 players to own for fantasy.
Can't wait for people to overdraft him next year

Chargers placed K Nick Novak (back) on injured reserve.

The Chargers are moving forward with Travis Coons. Novak made 9-of-13 field goals in seven games before going down. He'll be a free agent in 2018.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Lambo that much better than McManus? Sick of roulette have Baily but didn't start him.

We carry 2 kickers for playoffs as there are no pick ups so I need a 2nd. I need to win this week or I am done for 2017.

Bears will sign K Mike Nugent, formerly of the Cowboys.

He'll replace injured Cairo Santos. One of the NFL's least-accurate kickers in 2014-2016 with the Bengals, Nugent went 7-of-9 on field goals during a brief stint with Dallas earlier this year. He won't be a fantasy option in Chicago.

Source: Brad Biggs on Twitter 

Curious: Does that stat have much predictive value? Eyeballing the list, it looks like most of the teams near the bottom are bad teams that have lost a lot of games, and most of the teams near the top are good. That makes intuitive sense -- if you're ahead, you're more likely to be kicking FGs in the second half. (Weird anomalies: Denver/NYJ at 7/8, Minnesota at 27). 

I could see starting Koons this week vs Washington because you believe the Chargers will be playing from ahead. I'm not sure I can see starting Gano vs. Minnesota just because a table says he's likely to have more FGAs.

Curious: Does that stat have much predictive value? Eyeballing the list, it looks like most of the teams near the bottom are bad teams that have lost a lot of games, and most of the teams near the top are good. That makes intuitive sense -- if you're ahead, you're more likely to be kicking FGs in the second half. (Weird anomalies: Denver/NYJ at 7/8, Minnesota at 27). 

I could see starting Koons this week vs Washington because you believe the Chargers will be playing from ahead. I'm not sure I can see starting Gano vs. Minnesota just because a table says he's likely to have more FGAs.
The request was for a table of FGA allowed. I provided.

You then conflated that with FFPA to Ks. That's not what you are looking at; the table only tells you FGA allowed. It doesn't account for PATs allowed or bonuses for longer FGM.

(Yahoo users may find FFPA to Ks specific to your leagues scoring format by clicking on the Research tab)

IME FFPA to Ks does offer some value as a predictive tool, though intuitively it is more limited than say FFPA to WRs (lousy DBs) or FFPA to RB (stout front 7) and probably is less accurate than other positional comparisons. Kickers are a crapshoot, none of us can ever figure it out.

Anyway, Minnesota is 16th - middle of the pack - in FFPA to Ks, because they have only allowed 15 PAT (on 16 TDs.) Using a similar example, Tennessee has also allowed only one more FGM (26) than the Vikings - both have allowed 28 FGA - but they've given up twelve more TDs. And further, if your league scoring is like most, they've given up a lot of 40-49 FGM (10) and 50+ FGM (6), so they're second worst in FFPA to Ks.

Users who are viewing this thread