What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Kicker (K) Thread (2 Viewers)

I think this is ok. Let's look at it year to year and case by case. In general, we're 100% opposed to businesses using a thread on the board to promote and advertise their product. That's not why we have the boards. And that's exactly what this is.

But I also recognize @Hot Sauce Guy contributes to the boards. So there is more to the overall picture. And it's not an issue of whether people like a promotion. Of course they like the promotion. The issue is allowing the board to be used for people to promote their business. Let's say this one is ok but let's look at it each year. And if it becomes an issue with too much clutter or other people wanting to jump in, we may change what we're doing.
Good call, Joe.   Not only does Hot Sauce Guy contribute, but having people guess which kicker will score the most points any given week, with or without a promotion, would be totally appropriate in a thread about kickers.   

(this has nothing to do with the fact that I used his Year of the Dog hot sauce to make chicken banh mi sandwiches for football today and they were delicious)

Vikings signed K Dan Bailey.

Bailey is quite literally one of the best kickers in NFL history, boasting the second-best conversion rate (88.2) of all time. He did that in Dallas' dome and will be remaining indoors in Minnesota. The upgrade from rookie Daniel Carlson is impossibly large for a team with championship aspirations. Bailey will immediately slot back in as a top-10 weekly kicker in fantasy.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter 

Sep 17 - 2:22 PM

Zane Gonzalez - K -  Free Agent

Browns waived K Zane Gonzalez.

UDFA "Greg Joseph" is the Browns' new kicker. The Browns had no choice with a kicker who was just 2-of-5 on field goal attempts so far this season. Gonzalez missed back-breaking kicks in each of the Browns' first two games. Gonzalez is a rough 17-of-25 (68 percent) as an NFL kicker. It could be a while before he gets a second chance.

Related: Browns

Source: Mary Kay Cabot on Twitter 

Sep 17 - 2:09 PM

Is Jake Elliot a hold with Wentz coming back? I can't have kickers of all people be the one thing that's costing me wins.

I feel like he can get back to being one of the upper tier guys for ROS, but honestly not sure as the Eagles aren't looking studly on offense. Likely this turns around with Wentz, but who knows, and there are some other options on the wire to stream for matchups.

Is Jake Elliot a hold with Wentz coming back? I can't have kickers of all people be the one thing that's costing me wins.

I feel like he can get back to being one of the upper tier guys for ROS, but honestly not sure as the Eagles aren't looking studly on offense. Likely this turns around with Wentz, but who knows, and there are some other options on the wire to stream for matchups.
Depending what your options are (especially with Bailey now in Minny) might be worth the change because it could take a couple weeks still for the offense to get back on track. 

Yeah, Bailey is a dream in that done if he's healthy. The thing keeping him away from the teams that didn't work him out were his salary demands, according at least to the NY press, which I found out watching Sunday's game.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Any updates on how long Zuerlein will be out?  I have a short, short bench and can't carry 2 kickers.  So either I keep Greg and take the 0 for the next couple of weeks, or I drop him and grab Bailey.  Leaning towards Bailey and that offense in a dome as a good fit/replacement.  Would hate to drop GZ, watch someone else grab him and he goes off the rest of the season.  Stupid kickers.

Any updates on how long Zuerlein will be out?  I have a short, short bench and can't carry 2 kickers.  So either I keep Greg and take the 0 for the next couple of weeks, or I drop him and grab Bailey.  Leaning towards Bailey and that offense in a dome as a good fit/replacement.  Would hate to drop GZ, watch someone else grab him and he goes off the rest of the season.  Stupid kickers.
No IR yet, per Rotoworld, so they speculated that it would be a briefer absence than not, but take Rotoworld's advice for what it is: often incorrect. It's also a lower body injury, which should slow return time because it's a groin. Too bad. Zuerlein was in a high-volume offense and has quite the leg.  

Peak said:
Who is his replacement?

Stompin' Tom Connors said:

I might drop him for Bailey if I can get him off free agency (I'll assume nobody will burn a waiver spot for him.)

Peak said:
I don't think i would take a 0. If that's the case i think you have to drop him. I mean are we sure it's only a couple weeks? It could easily be more than that. But i don't know all your league rules, roster sizes, etc.

From RW

Coach Sean McVay said K Greg Zuerlein (groin) will be out "at least a few weeks."

Zuerlein injured his groin at the end of pregame warmups ahead of Week 2. He's not going on I.R. for the time being, as the Rams will try to wait it out. Fantasy owners can cut bait though, unless your roster has an injury spot. Los Angeles brought back K Sam Ficken on Monday while Zuerlein is out. Sep 17 - 8:03 PM

Source: Rich Hammond on Twitter

All of a sudden there is fresh blood in the kicker player pool:

• Ficken in LA.
  • Bailey in Minn.
  • Joseph (?) in Cleveland, and they're on a very short turnaround for tomorrow as his first game, though IIRC he did play for Cle in the preseason.

Thinking of dropping Prater for Ficken or Elliot. Hmm...
Oh oh oh oh. Elliot is ridiculous in high-volume with a coach not afraid to let him kick from 61????

He's on your wire?????

Uh huh. Prater can stink. Out of Denver, misses lots of kicks by percentage numbers. Don't take my word, crunch numbers, but this is a feeling I have.  

Oh oh oh oh. Elliot is ridiculous in high-volume with a coach not afraid to let him kick from 61????

He's on your wire?????

Uh huh. Prater can stink. Out of Denver, misses lots of kicks by percentage numbers. Don't take my word, crunch numbers, but this is a feeling I have.  
Prater kicks for the Lions, not Denver

Yeah, Bailey is a dream in that done if he's healthy. The thing keeping him away from the teams that didn't work him out were his salary demands, according at least to the NY press, which I found out watching Sunday's game.  
Actually I told you that over a week ago. 

;)  

there are soooooooooo many kickers & only 1 job per team. 

$3-4M for a K is luxury. 

Not exactly high volume this year. 2 attempts - 1 FG made/1 FG missed - and 3 PATs.

He is absolute bottom of the barrel thus far this year.

Things will turn around, especially with Wentz back at the helm.

But have no problems with people shedding Elliott for consistency/matchup elsewhere.

Kickers - even the best of the best - are all highly fungible and expendable in FF.

Not exactly high volume this year. 2 attempts - 1 FG made/1 FG missed - and 3 PATs.

He is absolute bottom of the barrel thus far this year.

Things will turn around, especially with Wentz back at the helm.

But have no problems with people shedding Elliott for consistency/matchup elsewhere.

Kickers - even the best of the best - are all highly fungible and expendable in FF.
That I do know. With Wentz back, I'd expect higher-volume. 

Just saying. Take my advice with a grain of salt. 

I have Boswell, so there's that.  When you score 37 and your kicker gets you 3, that's bad.  

Butker got dropped after week 1 & he’s STILL on the WW. Guess everyone thinks they’ll score 88 TDs & kick 8 FGs this year. Which makes sense in a season Fittzmagic throws 64 TDs, right?

I got Lutz. Meh so far., sticking with him.

I told everybody else that, too. Must have been you that told me, bro. 

Hugs?  
:lol:

I wasn’t mad or anything, no need to hug it out. 

I just remembered you questioning his release, and my saying it was most likely about money. 

Zeurlein owner. Dropped Jameis Winston to pick up Dan Bailey.

Feel like a knucklehead rostering two kickers :bag:
Similar position... grabbed Bailey, but still have Zeurlein on my bench. 

Its likely he’ll be dropped for  backup QB for Watson (Bortles) of a handcuff to Gurley (Brown)...however, who knows. I may just hold onto 2 kickers  :toilet:

Gotta go with Elliot over Ficken, right?

Dunno about Ficken's leg but he will get a lot of chances. I figure my Eagles should start putting up points again with Wentz back, though they still have a lot of injuries on offense.

Either way, Boswell has to go.

Zeurlein owner. Dropped Jameis Winston to pick up Dan Bailey.

Feel like a knucklehead rostering two kickers :bag:
I’ve mentioned this in the past as a disadvantage of spending more than a throw-away pick on a kicker.

with a last round K, you never need to roster 2 - just get to the BYE & add/drop for one who’s already had his BYE.

in this case it’s injury, but since it’s Greg the Leg, dropping him isn’t really an option. 

Lucky for you, Jameis isn’t looking like he’ll be worth anything for a while. 

Last year I had 3 K get hurt in 4 weeks.

i had to spend $15 on replacements AND another $5 when the BYE hit. 

That hurt bad. 

Gotta go with Elliot over Ficken, right?

Dunno about Ficken's leg but he will get a lot of chances. I figure my Eagles should start putting up points again with Wentz back, though they still have a lot of injuries on offense.

Either way, Boswell has to go.
Week 1 of Wentz return is a little dicey, but IMO it may actually be better for the kicker. Less offensive weapons could mean more futility in the RZ, which is exactly what you want. Kickerpalooza! 

Week 1 of Wentz return is a little dicey, but IMO it may actually be better for the kicker. Less offensive weapons could mean more futility in the RZ, which is exactly what you want. Kickerpalooza! 
Thanks, got Elliot a few minutes ago. I'm an Eagles fan so obviously a little biased but I like having a guy that can make it from 60+, on a hopefully good offense.

Users who are viewing this thread