What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Kicker (K) Thread (2 Viewers)

T. Bass owner here...

...and not liking the wind Monday night.

I saw one forecast which said winds of 7 mph gusts to 15 (neither of which is an issue)

next one I looked at:

Monday NightPartly cloudy, with a low around 37. Breezy, with a west wind 16 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph.

yeah i'd be looking at other options if the latter is correct
Yeah I watched a local Buffalo weather forecast and it looks very windy.

May pivot to NO's B. Grupe.

Y’all riding Aubrey ROS?

Butker may have been dropped in some leagues. He was in mine.
For now, yes. Butker and Jake Elliott were both dropped in my league - I'll have something to think about on Tuesday. One plus for Aubrey is weeks 12-14 are all home and in a dome. 15 in Buffalo could be dicey with the weather. 11 and 16 at Carolina and Miami are outdoors but hopefully not too bad for weather. and 17 home against Detroit.

Jason Myers should be ok- Washington commits turnovers and drive killing sacks. Geno offense is a good matchup against their D. Only fear is too many TD's but I can see some fireworks.

Risk with grupe is road matchup and Vikings coaching being good enough to sustain drives. Plus defense is better at home. But maybe Vikings will settle for field goals

Risk with grupe is road matchup and Vikings coaching being good enough to sustain drives. Plus defense is better at home. But maybe Vikings will settle for field goals

I rolled with McManus, probably set it and forget it ROS with the K bye out of the way. Dropped Grupe to boomerang Josh Reynolds back on to the roster bc I don't trust Trenton Irwin will replicate his Week 5 produciton. Might need another WR pending the GTD of Ja'Marr Chase.,

Yeah I'm not loving Grupe now that I think of it.

May check the latest on BUF winds tmrw night.

M. Prater is also available. AZ offense could get a boost today with K. Murray and Conner back. At home, facing ATL. Could be dysfunctional in the red zone. Hmmm.

M. Prater is also available. AZ offense could get a boost today with K. Murray and Conner back. At home, facing ATL. Could be dysfunctional in the red zone. Hmmm.
Come to think of it, this definitely feels like a bunch of field goals in this game. How many TD's can each team produce? They are not great TD producers currently.

Well, my initial reaction on Grupe was right. lol. Yet I went against it. Vikings are destroying them.

It's my fault. I stuck with Grupe and the curse continues to stick with me.

I will continue to advise you which kicker I'm using every week so you guys can fade him.

T. Bass owner here...

...and not liking the wind Monday night.

I saw one forecast which said winds of 7 mph gusts to 15 (neither of which is an issue)

next one I looked at:

Monday NightPartly cloudy, with a low around 37. Breezy, with a west wind 16 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph.

yeah i'd be looking at other options if the latter is correct
Yeah I watched a local Buffalo weather forecast and it looks very windy.

May pivot to NO's B. Grupe.
Wanted to take a moment to say mahalo. On this post regarding weather I shifted from Bass to McPherson. Bass currently sits at 0. That will obviously change but McPherson had 11.

if they ain't in a dome, don't give them a home

sage FF kicker advice circa 2005

Brandon McManus

11Ten (3rd)good matchup, mostly sunny 62
12@Hou (19th)meh, dome
13Cin (17th)mid, Duval
14@Cle (30th)yikes, yikes
15Bal (15th)SNF in Duval
16@TB (21st)mid, Florida man
17Car (22nd)mid, 5th time in 7 weeks in the Sunshine State

Blake Grupe

11BYE
12@Atl (8th)dome
13Det (27th)dome
14Car (22nd)dome
15NYG (26th)dome
16@LAR (4th)dome
17@TB (21st)blue skies

Here's the Kicker
ALPHABETICAL ORDERINGMATCHUIPWHY SO HIGH?WHY SO LOW?
Anders CarlsonGB vs. LAC
  • most ordinary kicker usage
  • 2nd least possessions allowed by opponent
Blake GrupeNO Bye
Brandon AubreyDAL @ CAR
  • 3rd most points expected acc. betting lines
  • 3rd least turnovers
  • 2nd most ordinary kicker usage
  • risk of high PAT/FG ratio
Brandon McManusJAC vs. TEN
  • 3rd best kicking range
  • 6th most possessions allowed by opponent
  • 2nd highest chance for PATs
Cairo SantosCHI @ DET
  • 8th least points expected acc. betting lines
  • 7th most ordinary kicker usage
Cameron DickerLAC @ GB
  • 10th highest accuracy
  • 4th least possessions allowed by opponent
  • 3rd highest chance for PATs
Chad RylandNE Bye
Chase McLaughlinTB @ SF
  • 2nd least points expected acc. betting lines
  • 6th most ordinary kicker usage
Chris BoswellPIT @ CLE
  • a higher FG/PAT ratio is expected
  • 4th least points expected acc. betting lines
  • 3rd most turnovers
Daniel CarlsonLV @ MIA
  • 7th least points expected acc. betting lines
  • 5th highest chance for PATs
Dustin HopkinsCLE vs. PIT
  • best kicking range
  • 2nd lowest accuracy
Eddy PineiroCAR vs. DAL
  • 3rd least points expected acc. betting lines
  • 6th most turnovers
Evan McPhersonCIN @ BAL
  • 2nd most possessions allowed by opponent
  • sweet spot team scoring
Greg JosephMIN @ DEN
  • lowest accuracy
Greg ZuerleinNYJ @ BUF
  • 6th least points expected acc. betting lines
  • 2nd most turnovers
Harrison ButkerKC vs. PHI
  • 5th least turnovers
  • 4th most ordinary kicker usage
Jake ElliottPHI @ KC
  • least turnovers
  • 8th most ordinary kicker usage
Jake MoodySF vs. TB
  • 4th most points expected acc. betting lines
  • highest chance of stalling midfield
  • 5th most ordinary kicker usage
Jason MyersSEA @ LAR
  • 5th best kicking range
  • 3rd least possessions allowed by opponent
  • 8th highest chance for PATs
Jason SandersMIA vs. LV
  • most points expected acc. betting lines
  • 7th least turnovers
  • least possessions allowed by opponent
Joey SlyeWAS vs. NYG
  • 8th most possessions allowed by opponent
  • downgrade to own team offense
Justin TuckerBAL vs. CIN
  • 5th highest chance of stalling midfield
  • 6th most points expected acc. betting lines
Lucas HavrisikLAR vs. SEA
  • 4th best kicking range
  • 8th least possessions allowed by opponent
Matt AmmendolaHOU vs. ARI
  • 5th most points expected acc. betting lines
  • dome or low wind speed
  • 7th most turnovers
Matt GayIND Bye
Matt PraterARI @ HOU
  • dome or low wind speed
  • 6th lowest accuracy
Nick FolkTEN @ JAC
  • 5th least points expected acc. betting lines
Randy BullockNYG @ WAS
  • least points expected acc. betting lines
  • most turnovers
Riley PattersonDET vs. CHI
  • 2nd most points expected acc. betting lines
  • 4th least turnovers
  • 5th least possessions allowed by opponent
Tyler BassBUF vs. NYJ
  • 2nd least turnovers
  • 5th most possessions allowed by opponent
  • 3rd most ordinary kicker usage
  • 5th downgrade to own team offense
Wil LutzDEN vs. MIN
  • 6th least possessions allowed by opponent
  • 7th highest chance for PATs
Younghoe KooATL Bye

In my dynasty league (non-PPR), my kicker Brandon Aubrey has more fantasy points on the season (87 points) than his Dallas Cowboys teammate Tony Pollard (82.9 points). Just found that amusing and wanted to share.

First time I can remember that this week I’ll be keeping my kicker Koo on my bench as he’s on bye and not just dropping him for someone else. Need to find room for a one week dude. Koo just seems to have the perfect blend of O that stutters inside kicking range and can drill long kicks at a good rate.

Be advised, Greg Joseph is the kicker I have cursed for the week. I may swap to Dicker. If I curse Dicker instead, I'll be sure to give a warning.

If you think there is such a thing as kicker strength of schedule, currently the Commanders are the team to kick against, while you should avoid the Chiefs.

If you think there is such a thing as kicker strength of schedule, currently the Commanders are the team to kick against, while you should avoid the Chiefs.

I do think there is correlation between FGA and projected/actual

but it's weaker than SOS for other positions

"stud" kickers can't impose their will and take over a game, they are always beholden to the team getting field position and the coach not being aggressive on 4th down

Poor Jason Sanders. He kicks for the highest scoring team, and is currently K29. MIA is middle of the pack in terms of going for it on 4th down (and they actually suck at it, ranking 28th). Jason's problem is when the team gets in the red zone, they score TD's. They lead the league at 75% RZ TD's, leaving Sanders dead last in FG attempts, by far. Every other starter has at least 15 attempts, while Jason sits at 9.

I cut #1 kicker Dustin Hopkins (b/c of the loss of D Watson) for Jake Moody SF. Was that a good decision, or do you think I will regret it?

Poor Jason Sanders. He kicks for the highest scoring team, and is currently K29. MIA is middle of the pack in terms of going for it on 4th down (and they actually suck at it, ranking 28th). Jason's problem is when the team gets in the red zone, they score TD's. They lead the league at 75% RZ TD's, leaving Sanders dead last in FG attempts, by far. Every other starter has at least 15 attempts, while Jason sits at 9.
I play kicker roulette every week and there's usually 3 quality kickers left come Saturday/Sunday. Sanders right now is one of them.

May grab Sanders and hope this trend reverses...or at least get 6 PATs out of him.

I cut #1 kicker Dustin Hopkins (b/c of the loss of D Watson) for Jake Moody SF. Was that a good decision, or do you think I will regret it?

I have Dustin in one league and dropped in him another league last week and now looking to pick up again but not sure I will. He has a stinker with Watson and a stinker without him but has actually had some good games without Watson playing. Not sure you will regret it but I am expecting a FG fest between two teams that want to run the ball might be close this week between those two. Cleveland's defense I am expecting to make it so that Dustin should have opportunity to kick a few.

I've made my stance on kickers clear. Impossible to predict. Having said that, I prefer kickers that the team feels comfortable with kicking 50 plus yards. Sanders has zero 50 plus yards kicks. Thats a problem for me. Don't like kickers going against higher scoring teams like the Chiefs or Bills. I feel when they feel like the other team is gonna score points they will settle for the 3 less. All my opinion of course.

I play kicker roulette every week and there's usually 3 quality kickers left come Saturday/Sunday. Sanders right now is one of them.

May grab Sanders and hope this trend reverses...or at least get 6 PATs out of him.
Versus LV with good weather, I think Sanders is a good start this week. He's struggled vs good teams, 2, 2 and 5 points versus KC, BUF, and PHI. In the other games, 6 to 12 points.

I've made my stance on kickers clear. Impossible to predict. Having said that, I prefer kickers that the team feels comfortable with kicking 50 plus yards. Sanders has zero 50 plus yards kicks. Thats a problem for me. Don't like kickers going against higher scoring teams like the Chiefs or Bills. I feel when they feel like the other team is gonna score points they will settle for the 3 less. All my opinion of course.
Good observation.

0-1 this year, 2-6 last year and the year before.

And isn't McDaniel an analytics guy? Feel like he goes for it on 4th down.

Was thinking Prater last week, didn't grab him. Of course he goes for 17. Think he could be an under the radar play rest of year. And he certainly can hit from 50+.

Was thinking Prater last week, didn't grab him. Of course he goes for 17. Think he could be an under the radar play rest of year. And he certainly can hit from 50+.
Great kicker choice for this week @ HOU. But he has a bye week 14, and outdoor games in PIT, PHI, CHI weeks 13, 16, 17.

I'm not sure why CBSSPORTS rates him low for this week, I expect FGs.

Great kicker choice for this week @ HOU. But he has a bye week 14, and outdoor games in PIT, PHI, CHI weeks 13, 16, 17.

I'm not sure why CBSSPORTS rates him low for this week, I expect FGs.
Yeah I could care less about two weeks from now. I drop my kicker every week into waivers.

here's the kicker

ALPHABETICAL ORDERINGWHY SO HIGH?WHY SO LOW?
Anders CarlsonGB @ DET
  • most ordinary kicker usage
  • lowest accuracy
Blake GrupeNO @ ATL
  • dome or low wind speed
  • 7th most turnovers
Brandon AubreyDAL vs. WAS
  • most points expected acc. betting lines
  • 3rd least turnovers
  • 2nd most ordinary kicker usage
Brandon McManusJAC @ HOU
  • 4th best kicking range
  • 6th most points expected acc. betting lines
Cairo SantosCHI @ MIN
  • 7th least possessions allowed by opponent
Cameron DickerLAC vs. BAL
  • 2nd most possessions allowed by opponent
  • 3rd highest chance for PATs
Chad RylandNE @ NYG
  • 6th most turnovers
Chase McLaughlinTB @ IND
  • dome or low wind speed
  • 4th most ordinary kicker usage
Chris BoswellPIT @ CIN
  • 7th best kicking range
  • 7th least points expected acc. betting lines
  • 3rd most turnovers
Daniel CarlsonLV vs. KC
  • 6th least points expected acc. betting lines
  • 4th highest chance for PATs
Dustin HopkinsCLE @ DEN
  • best kicking range
  • 3rd least points expected acc. betting lines
  • 5th most turnovers
Eddy PineiroCAR @ TEN
  • 5th least points expected acc. betting lines
  • 8th most turnovers
Evan McPhersonCIN vs. PIT
  • 4th least points expected acc. betting lines
  • 4th most turnovers
Greg JosephMIN vs. CHI
  • dome or low wind speed
  • 6th most ordinary kicker usage
  • 3rd least possessions allowed by opponent
Greg ZuerleinNYJ vs. MIA
  • least points expected acc. betting lines
  • 2nd most turnovers
Harrison ButkerKC @ LV
  • 3rd most points expected acc. betting lines
  • 7th least turnovers
  • least possessions allowed by opponent
Jake ElliottPHI vs. BUF
  • 6th least turnovers
  • 5th most ordinary kicker usage
Jake MoodySF @ SEA
  • 3rd most ordinary kicker usage
Jason MyersSEA vs. SF
  • 8th least points expected acc. betting lines
Jason SandersMIA @ NYJ
  • 5th least turnovers
  • 10th best kicking range
Joey SlyeWAS @ DAL
  • highest chance for PATs
Justin TuckerBAL @ LAC
  • 4th most points expected acc. betting lines
  • 2nd highest chance of stalling midfield
  • 2nd least possessions allowed by opponent
Lucas HavrisikLAR @ ARI
  • 5th best kicking range
Matt AmmendolaHOU vs. JAC
  • dome or low wind speed
  • 7th most ordinary kicker usage
Matt GayIND vs. TB
  • 7th most possessions allowed by opponent
Matt PraterARI vs. LAR
  • dome or low wind speed
  • 5th least possessions allowed by opponent
Nick FolkTEN vs. CAR
Randy BullockNYG vs. NE
  • 2nd least points expected acc. betting lines
  • most turnovers
Riley PattersonDET vs. GB
  • 2nd most points expected acc. betting lines
  • 2nd least turnovers
  • 4th least possessions allowed by opponent
Tyler BassBUF @ PHI
  • 8th most ordinary kicker usage
  • 5th lowest accuracy
Wil LutzDEN vs. CLE
  • 6th highest chance for PATs
Younghoe KooATL vs. NO
  • 5th most possessions allowed by opponent

I feel like McManus and Grupe are a coin flip this week; leaning on the Jags K based on most recent form. Both are in a dome and the FGA / FF PTS ALLOWED TO K (21st and 19th) are roughly even.

As long as I don't have to start Riley again, we good.

Probably going back to Koo this week, but also see Santos and Hopkins available in one league.

I’m debating Hopkins now. Thinking defense will always keep them in games. Worried about weather down the road though. Would prefer a dome kicker. Missed on Aubrey. May go to Koo - he was dropped last week and I drafted him at the beginning of the year

I’m debating Hopkins now. Thinking defense will always keep them in games. Worried about weather down the road though. Would prefer a dome kicker. Missed on Aubrey. May go to Koo - he was dropped last week and I drafted him at the beginning of the year
Grupe for NO is in a dome the next 4 weeks and outdoor @ LARams and @ TB last two weeks

Aubrey checks all the boxes:

- booming leg (they almost had him try one from 70 yards out)
- accurate (he’s made every FGA so far, two XP misses his only blemish)
- plays for potent offense that will regularly find itself in field goal range
- ideal kicking conditions, playing mostly indoors or warm climate

I almost always cut my kicker in dynasty but he’s going to make me think twice about that going into next season for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread