What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Real Official wildcard game 2 *** Steeler Vs Bengals *** (1 Viewer)

So seriously. They call the shazier penalty. Then what. Cincy may or may not score.

Ben may not have got hurt since it was the next series :shrug:

Surprised to see Cowher and Esiason calling for Lewis' head.
Respect them more after hearing them say it.
They're paid to build drama with what they say. Not sure why that garners respect. Just like Nance always pulls his bs
If it was anyone other than Burfict, I may agree with you. But you have to look at the history
I meant them calling for Lewis
Flap you have really come around on your hate for a lot of the nonsense in the NFL.
It's changed a lot over the last couple of years. The NFL's inconsistencies and never ending pretend outrage of the announcers and studio guys is really annoying. The refs are different from game to game. It's hard to know what's what anymore. I don't remember ever feeling that way in the past.

The only way the game could have ended better is if Burfict hadn't been tackled on the interception, ran the ball into the wrong end zone and scored a safety.
Tim brings in an excellent point.

How come Marvin Lewis didn't realize that his guys were out of control? I thought for a second he really did run it back wrong and could at least put a game winning safety in play or on the scoreboard for the Steelers.

Lewis should have gotten it under control at that moment.

Burfict gave a hint if he hadn't already that he was a 1 man wrecking crew and was out of control. Sometimes it can be good when you have Lawrence Taylor but he ain't LT.
Burfict is taking a lot of heat and should be, but...

He's the reason the Bengals were in that position. He made so many HUGE plays at crucial moments, including a game changing sack and what should have been a game ending interception. They didn't show it on TV, but apparently he went nutso after the Bernard hit, but got it back together and I though played under control that next series that ended with the sack. Doesn't excuse the final play, but up until that point he had done a decent job of walking the razor's edge between that 1-man wrecking crew and out-of-control.
i would agree, excellent points.

LOL at dbag Burfict answering I dont know to every question
I don't think the Steelers win next week, down three RBs, and with their two best offensive players limited at best, but the way the Bengals have acted may make this one of my top ever Steeler wins.

That, and the random fact that the Steelers have not gone longer than five years without a playoff win since 1972. That streak would have ended with a loss tonight. An unbelievable feat if you think about it.
Steelers will win next week.
Let's see how healthy Big Ben and Antonio are first.

Wow McCarron is a crybaby
I don't feel that's fair today for someone who was just trying to play QB and win a game. If Burfict were crying then alright but AJ...look at his g/f, of course he is going to be a softie.

McCarron is also the back up QB, let's let him be.

If Dalton were out there tonight, different game IMHO.
"Every time we had the ball it rained , it didn't when they had it" :lmao:
:lmao: :lmao:
Is that an actual quote?
So funny
Yes it is. He realized he was whining and changed his tone a few seconds afterwards

Surprised to see Cowher and Esiason calling for Lewis' head.
Respect them more after hearing them say it.
They're paid to build drama with what they say. Not sure why that garners respect. Just like Nance always pulls his bs
If it was anyone other than Burfict, I may agree with you. But you have to look at the history
I meant them calling for Lewis
Lol my bad.

Class personified.

He's right that a LB coach should not be in the middle of the field like that talking ####, but after what they did, the Bungals have no one to blame but themselves.
It must make some folks feel better to have a bonafide scapegoat or place to blame when there is plenty to be passed around. I don't see how you can place it all on them. The Steelers were just as guilty at starting the fights.

If Cinci hangs on and wins, we are not even having this discussion when the same plays we are discussing now pretty much stay the same until the very last couple pieces of yellow laundry.

Even the players and coaches say "One play does not..."

I wouldn't be so sure it is one team or the other, both are guilty as charged IMO.

so, who gets fined after this one?
I'll take guessesBurfict

Pacman

JHill

Munchak

Porter

Shazier
What did Hill do? Sorry just so much bs I don't remember. The others for sure
Hill immediately charged the field after the Gio TKO. Shazier was running it back and Hill had come off the bench, run to middle of field trying to fight Steelers. This was the 1 time the officials actually stopped something. I might be wrong on that 1 but I'm thinking NFL doesn't love him coming off bench to fight arguably mid-play. But whatever, fines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flap you have really come around on your hate for a lot of the nonsense in the NFL.
It's changed a lot over the last couple of years. The NFL's inconsistencies and never ending pretend outrage of the announcers and studio guys is really annoying. The refs are different from game to game. It's hard to know what's what anymore. I don't remember ever feeling that way in the past.
Ditto here. I watch far less of the NFL than I used to and enjoy it far less. It's harder each year to stay interested with all the crap starting with the Commissioner all the way down to the refs and with all the nonsense on and especially off the field by players.

WTF was Joey Porter doing out in the middle of all the Bengals?

inducing a game winning 15 yard penalty i suppose...
How did he induce Jones to grab the Ref?

:confused:
looked to me like he grabbed Porter, bumping the Ref as he did. He clearly wasn't going after the Ref
I can't go back and watch it, but almost positive he grabbed the Ref
I watched it about 5 times and didn't see that, but the camera angles were crappy so idk...

in any case, if porter isn't on the field, there's no penalty, so that is how he induced it

I feel bad for Marvin Lewis, the Bengals fans, and 51 of the 53 players on the Bengals' roster.

Pac-Man and Burfict, however... I want to taste their tears like Eric Cartman did with Scott Tenorman.

looked to me like he grabbed Porter, bumping the Ref as he did. He clearly wasn't going after the Ref
I watched it about 5 times and didn't see that, but the camera angles were crappy so idk...

in any case, if porter isn't on the field, there's no penalty, so that is how he induced it
Yea, I swear I saw that on one of the replays. Even my wife spoke up and said something about him grabbing the ref. But who knows, it's late and we're old.

the officials gave pitt this one
No they didn't. I hate Pittsburgh and like AJ Green, loved the offense taking the game. Burfict being his classless self lost the game, pure and simple. The refs made calls they are supposed to make. Clearly incomplete to Brown and Burfict knew it. He head hunted trying to take out Brown and his pee sized brain didn't even think of the impact of his action putting Pittsburgh into FG range and then Pacman becomes Pacman.
The Burfict penalty was legit I think the penalty on Pac Man was BS especially with Porter out there running his mouth.
Maybe it was, but when it gets like that, more penalties are called and Pacman has to know to calm down. He jumped into the refs, had nothing to do with arguing with Porter, he hit the ref.I'm a Panthers fan, I know the impact of ticky tack calls. Odell being a little ##### cost us 16-0 against Atlanta. Because of all the hub-bub from Odell, the refs in the Atlanta game were on hyper alert. Panthers scored, up 7-0. Atlanta 3 and out on 3rd and 15. Well, Roddy White getting chippy with Tillman after the play and Tillman shoves him away. Normal game, that is a warning type situation, instead it's a personal foul on Tillman. It was a horrendous call. Instead of a chance from the 50 yard line to go up 10-0 or 14-0, Atlanta goes on long TD drive and it's 7-7. Completely different game on a terrible call, but honestly I knew they would call it close because of the previous game. Same thing tonight, all the times the refs had to get into scuffles, they are going to call a penalty if a player hits a ref.
Losing to the Falcons cost you 16-0. Every team gets #### calls...I know I can recall quite a few for the Falcons too.

Anyway, it's a far different situation. This directly affected a game winning field goal attempt.

You simply lost, lol.

I feel bad for Marvin Lewis, the Bengals fans, and 51 of the 53 players on the Bengals' roster.

Pac-Man and Burfict, however... I want to taste their tears like Eric Cartman did with Scott Tenorman.
What did Mr Jones do exactly that had you so irate? If Porter isn't hanging out then I don't think it happens.

Burfict I totally understand but Adam Jones played a heckuva game without much Safety help especially when Nelson went down. Have a little compassion there EG72., I know it's in you.

Class personified.

He's right that a LB coach should not be in the middle of the field like that talking ####, but after what they did, the Bungals have no one to blame but themselves.
Porter was just trying to calm things down.
:lmao: :no: :lmao: Sure
:shrug: He's not the one that went ape ####.
When you talk #### all week before the game, and then get drawn into a stupid penalty by a coach talking #### to you, you're probably the Cincinnati Bengals.

Ditto here. I watch far less of the NFL than I used to and enjoy it far less. It's harder each year to stay interested with all the crap starting with the Commissioner all the way down to the refs and with all the nonsense on and especially off the field by players.
Oh its horrible but I can't stop

Yea, I swear I saw that on one of the replays. Even my wife spoke up and said something about him grabbing the ref. But who knows, it's late and we're old.
Just saw the replay on ESPN...he in no way grabbed the ref. He did give Porter a shove :shrug:

Class personified.

When you talk #### all week before the game, and then get drawn into a stupid penalty by a coach talking #### to you, you're probably the Cincinnati Bengals.
:goodposting:

Chiefs have a better shot in NE than the Bengals would've right? The Bengals losing is a good thing.
Maybe? No Maclin and Belichick takes Kelce out of the game. How Chiefs move the ball? Pats had 2 weeks to get healthy. edelman back. I have every Chiefs future bet imaginable but I'm not optimistic, Would rather have them go to Denver. Only saving grace is they have shot to host conf championship game if they win.

Class personified.

OMG what are you doing here?

The Burfict hit was a direct result of the Shazier no call. He was looking for a chance to hurt someone and found one gift wrapped for him. Now it was definitely a penalty.

What's BS is the 2nd penalty. That probably doesn't even get called in a regular season game let alone a playoff game where they have let all the chippy stuff go from the first play. To call that after Pitt was getting 15 yards already and both teams were talking #### is just completely incompetent refereeing. No poise. No understanding of the moment. No accountability for letting it get to that point.

That ending was a joke. Should have been. A 50 yard try and you see what happens. Giving them a 35 yard Chip shot for the win is ridiculous.

Burfict is the kinda guy that makes you cross the street walking downtown at night. Dont wanna be near that maniac.

The Burfict hit was a direct result of the Shazier no call. He was looking for a chance to hurt someone and found one gift wrapped for him. Now it was definitely a penalty.

What's BS is the 2nd penalty. That probably doesn't even get called in a regular season game let alone a playoff game where they have let all the chippy stuff go from the first play. To call that after Pitt was getting 15 yards already and both teams were talking #### is just completely incompetent refereeing. No poise. No understanding of the moment. No accountability for letting it get to that point.

That ending was a joke. Should have been. A 50 yard try and you see what happens. Giving them a 35 yard Chip shot for the win is ridiculous.
This

Agree. That second penalty is so bad especially to decide the game.

If I wasn't such a die hard Bears fan, I wouldn't watch it as much as I do. I rarely watch other games anymore. I know I'm probably in the minority.

I still haven't seen a replay of what Jones got flagged for. The one they showed on the post-game didn't have him in the picture when the ref threw the flag.

Users who are viewing this thread