What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Tree Saga (1 Viewer)

How was tree guy able to pierce the incredible veil of privacy this woman had set up?  I mean, you had tried knocking on her door like what, twice?  What were the odds this random dude get's through the first time he tries?  Gotta be at best like 50/50, yes?  Amazing stuff right there.

Last edited by a moderator:
How was tree guy able to pierce the incredible veil of privacy this woman had set up?  I mean, you had tried knocking on her door like what, twice?  What were the odds this random dude get's through the first time he tries?  Gotta be at best like 50/50, yes?  Amazing stuff right there.
He did have a pretty official looking shirt on.  Sometimes that makes all the difference. 

It doesn't make me cringe.  But from what I read Otis has left notes  WRONG   his wife has gone over there several times WRONG , he's had professionals tell him the tree is dangerous  WRONG , and his neighbors have indicated that they've made prior complaints and she doesn't respond. WRONG Additionally, a "threatening" letter doesn't need to be written overly harshly or jerkishly.  Generally, the goal here is to kindly say "here's what nice and reasonable thing I'm willing to do, but here's how serious and bad it could get, but look at how nice and reasonable I am because I want to go this nice route."  He can kindly and softly get his point across yet still instill some call to action with the lawyer thing.  I think it's clear this tree poses some sort of moderate to imminent thread to his family's safety so something needs to be done.  At least sending her a letter gives some sort of warning before he starts lopping branches off.  Sure, he could try having his wife stop by again but at some point an introduction isn't happening.  

Oh, and it's "judgment." 
your reading comprehension needs some work.

I was half expecting a pic of Shuke.
Funny, I was cleaning out my basement tonight and came across a Christmas tree ornament which is a while ceramic tile with a picture of shuke shirtless shaving in a river.  Forget how I came into possession of it.  Don't worry, I saved it.

we sort of folded and cut some limbs off a tree that was partially hanging over our neighbors yard. we intended to do it eventually but the old bag moaned and groaned enough that we had them chopped along with some massive half-dead trees we had taken out of the front yard.

she took it as empowering her to tell us how to maintain our yard and the rest of our trees

we planted a new flowering Japanese cherry tree between our two properties. she cut it down and said "a deer must have done it".

2 seasons later we re-planted another.  grew quickly to about 10 feet.  she cut that one down, too. no excuses this time.  we haven't talked to her since.

trees are serious ####### business, gb.  don't get killed.
Plant another and hand her a copy of your deer hunting permit.

I've got your tree saga, right here.  SIL (a widow and kid sister to my wife) calls wife.  She wants a tree planted in her back yard.  She bought the tree and had it delivered.  The tree is an 8 ft. tall Colorado blue Spruce.  The delivery invoice notes that the tree, including the root ball, weighs in at 427 lbs. The delivery was to her driveway.  She wants it planted along her back fence line.   the rise from her front yard to her back yard is 18 feet.  The slope of the rise is near 40 degrees.  the yard is terraced 3 times to maintain the slope.  She asks my wife if I will get it up there, dig the hole, and plant it.  My wife's response, no problem, he did one bigger than that in our yard.

Now the facts are that 15 years ago, so when I was substantially younger, I did plant a similar sized tree with no assistance.  Of course our backyard has a rise of maybe 2 feet.  Not exactly similar circumstances.  I'm off now to fulfill my wife's promise.  While doing so I will contemplate whether she too, like her sister, wants to be a widow.  I suspect she may be trying to kill me.

I will have to use brains, not brawn, to get this done.  Fortunately physics is our friend.

I've got your tree saga, right here.  SIL (a widow and kid sister to my wife) calls wife.  She wants a tree planted in her back yard.  She bought the tree and had it delivered.  The tree is an 8 ft. tall Colorado blue Spruce.  The delivery invoice notes that the tree, including the root ball, weighs in at 427 lbs. The delivery was to her driveway.  She wants it planted along her back fence line.   the rise from her front yard to her back yard is 18 feet.  The slope of the rise is near 40 degrees.  the yard is terraced 3 times to maintain the slope.  She asks my wife if I will get it up there, dig the hole, and plant it.  My wife's response, no problem, he did one bigger than that in our yard.

Now the facts are that 15 years ago, so when I was substantially younger, I did plant a similar sized tree with no assistance.  Of course our backyard has a rise of maybe 2 feet.  Not exactly similar circumstances.  I'm off now to fulfill my wife's promise.  While doing so I will contemplate whether she too, like her sister, wants to be a widow.  I suspect she may be trying to kill me.

I will have to use brains, not brawn, to get this done.  Fortunately physics is our friend.
Or a couple of dudes outside Home Depot for $100.

Or a couple of dudes outside Home Depot for $100.
I used a lever, fulcrum, jack, ramp, and come along to get it into the bed of my truck.  I drove around to the street behind her house.  The properties there are undeveloped.  I backed it to the fence.   I took down a section of the fence, used a ramp to slide if down onto a tarp. I dug the hole throwing the dirt (clay really) onto another tarp  I slid it off the tarp using a come along.  Filled around it, staked it with three stakes, then pulled the excess dirt into the undeveloped lot.  I spread that dirt around, put the fence section back up and am done.  Back at work now.  I had to do it this afternoon, it was the only weather window.  Now I just have to pay for being away from my desk.  Probably three hours to leaving work.  It took about 2 hours and the driving time.  Not too unpleasant.

I used a lever, fulcrum, jack, ramp, and come along to get it into the bed of my truck.  I drove around to the street behind her house.  The properties there are undeveloped.  I backed it to the fence.   I took down a section of the fence, used a ramp to slide if down onto a tarp. I dug the hole throwing the dirt (clay really) onto another tarp  I slid it off the tarp using a come along.  Filled around it, staked it with three stakes, then pulled the excess dirt into the undeveloped lot.  I spread that dirt around, put the fence section back up and am done.  Back at work now.  I had to do it this afternoon, it was the only weather window.  Now I just have to pay for being away from my desk.  Probably three hours to leaving work.  It took about 2 hours and the driving time.  Not too unpleasant.
Pics of SIL?

Live Blog Update:  Tree service guy is heading back to the house; apparently the homeowner is "flipping out on his guys" because there "are some holes due to the logs being big.  There was no other way.  I had told her that any major damage you would have your landscaper repair damage.  I'm stopping by to speak to her."

Live Blog Update:  Tree service guy is heading back to the house; apparently the homeowner is "flipping out on his guys" because there "are some holes due to the logs being big.  There was no other way.  I had told her that any major damage you would have your landscaper repair damage.  I'm stopping by to speak to her."
Update involving a flaming arrow?

Users who are viewing this thread