What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you read Dan Rather's Facebook rant?  You'd think Spicer murdered someone.
I didn't. I'll read it later.

I personally like watching the little guy stumble through these things, getting all indignant and pissy. Stuff like this are just nice little bonuses. 

I think there's only a few people that are guilty of what you're complaining about. I don't mind mentioning them by name:

robjk

Dr. Oadi

Phase In the Game

Max Threshold

Hell Toupee

Rambling Wreck

The Busy The Tired (Eminence) 

These guys are not all alike, but they are similar to the extent that they would rather mock what others have written than engage in discussion, or, in the case of the first two, throw out incendiary statements, arguments, and links without attempting to explain, defend, or engage. IMO, their presence weakens whatever current affairs discussion they are in, and frankly I believe we'd be better off without their input. 
:lmao:

I might have 5 posts in this thread in the last 50 pages while you and your ilk continue to cry like five years old day in and day out.  But thanks for inviting me back in to keep laughing at your hypocritical nonsense.  

What's today outrage?

Oh #### this nonsense about the Native Americans.  The Indian lands we "stole" were "stolen" from another Indian tribe, which were stolen from another, and on and on and on.  It's called conquest and it's the story of mankind.  Americans are no worse than anyone else in this regard.
You're very wrong about this. Our treatment of Native Americans was terrible, and without excuse. If you're interested there are several books you can read on this subject, beginning with Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee by Dee Brown- still probably the most accessible and definitive work about this. 

It's honestly gotten to a point where the value of this board has been degraded.  Just the same crap, same smilie faces, breitbart links (if there's any "source" at all), avoidance, deflection and obfuscation.

Just a number of posters whereby I see their name, or see they quote me or whatnot, and I don't even bother reading as I know there's simply nothing constructive nor of value provided by them.

I miss arguing with folks like @IvanKaramazovor @Yankee23Fan back when "they" were the voices of conservative thought. It made me think, reflect, even change my opinion at times.  Now? Just ####### worthless noise.

That said, while the value of debate and discussion here has really been hurt, the news value and insights from @SaintsInDome2006and @Henry Ford do bring a lot to the table. :thumbup:  
You seriously are an elitist liberal POC

:lmao:

I might have 5 posts in this thread in the last 50 pages while you and your ilk continue to cry like five years old day in and day out.  But thanks for inviting me back in to keep laughing at your hypocritical nonsense.  

What's today outrage?
It's unbelievable isn't it?  This is the crowd that when they disagree with someone's politics resorts to shaming and silly name calling.  And if that doesn't work they just might start expressing creepy murder fantasies about you.  Tim is different but the rest of them deserve to be treated the exact same way they've been treating others for years in here.  

I didn't. I'll read it later.

I personally like watching the little guy stumble through these things, getting all indignant and pissy. Stuff like this are just nice little bonuses. 
When you lose the big one I guess any minuscule win counts. 

You're very wrong about this. Our treatment of Native Americans was terrible, and without excuse. If you're interested there are several books you can read on this subject, beginning with Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee by Dee Brown- still probably the most accessible and definitive work about this. 
Nonsense.  You're applying a 21st century liberal mind to the reality of life hundreds of years ago.  Relative to other countries and nations (including Native American nations) back then America was no different.  It's just another excuse for the Left to bash America and rewrite history.

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
When you lose the big one I guess any minuscule win counts. 
We are all losing bigly with these dopes mismanaging everything. I just try to enjoy the little things like Little Spice trying to walk us through Trump's tweets, giving history lessons, crying about being treated unfairly, etc.

Nonsense.  You're applying a 21st century liberal mind to the reality of life hundreds of years ago.  Relative to other countries and nations (including Native American nations) back then America was no different.  It's just another excuse for the Left to bash America and rewrite history.
No. No offense, but you're simply wrong. The treatment was bad according to the morality of the time that it happened, and they knew it. Again I urge you to read more on this subject before you comment because you're displaying a lot of ignorance here 

Do a lot of conservatives share Higgs' deliberate ignorance about the history of Native Americans? Because that would be very depressing. This is not really a debatable subject open to a lot of interpretation. The facts are there for anyone who chooses to take an interest. 

No. No offense, but you're simply wrong. The treatment was bad according to the morality of the time that it happened, and they knew it. Again I urge you to read more on this subject before you comment because you're displaying a lot of ignorance here 
Holy #### Tim how ####### obnoxious are you?  How do you know how much research Higgs has done on the subject?  And you wonder why people don't want a discussion with you. 

Last edited by a moderator:
"Other guys did it" isn't a valid justification.

Lots of nations participated in the slave trade, that doesn't excuse it.

Many European nations were part of the Scramble for Africa; doesn't justify their actions.

The Aborigines had their land stolen from them, and the Australian government has issued a formal apology for that.

What's nonsense is you thinking "everyone did it, so it must be OK."

Holy #### Tim how ####### obnoxious are you?  How do you know how much research Higgs has done on the subject?  And you wonder why anyone wants a discussion with you. 
Look RBM, he stated that I'm appyling a 21st century morality to what happened in the 19th century. That's false, and it indicates he doesn't know what he's talking about and hasn't read up on this subject matter. It's like a non Yankee fan telling you that Don Mattingly was the best 1st baseman in the history of the Yankees- if I told you that you would KNOW that I'm ignorant, right? It's the same here. 

They same reason you can tell a lot of conservatives have not done research on many subjects they have strong opinions on; they constantly spout "facts" that can be disproven with 5 minutes of effort, or willful ignorance of facts that do exist that can be found with minimal effort.

If someone thinks the Earth is flat, I don't care how much research they've done on the subject.
Especially if that someone says "I bet I know ALOT more about <insert a different subject here> than you" then wilt away like a little daisy.

Oh #### this nonsense about the Native Americans.  The Indian lands we "stole" were "stolen" from another Indian tribe, which were stolen from another, and on and on and on.  It's called conquest and it's the story of mankind.  Americans are no worse than anyone else in this regard.
Would you agree that we should no longer "steal" land? The lesson to me isn't that we are better or worse than other past cultures. It's to make sure we don't repeat mistakes of the past.

"Other guys did it" isn't a valid justification.

Lots of nations participated in the slave trade, that doesn't excuse it.

Many European nations were part of the Scramble for Africa; doesn't justify their actions.

The Aborigines had their land stolen from them, and the Australian government has issued a formal apology for that.

What's nonsense is you thinking "everyone did it, so it must be OK."
When and where did I say it was OK?  I'll hang up and listen.  

I don't believe in cultural relativism but I do believe in historical relativism (the judging of history using the mindset of people at the time).  This is not to say that the conquest of the Indians was OK.  It's to say that relative to the times it was not as much an outlier as modern day liberals would like to paint it.  You'll see nonsense written about a genocide of 115 million.  Genocide implies the intentional killing of. Most of the Indians back then died of smallpox.

The liberal elites in higher education who dominate the humanities have shoveled a pile of #### on this subject for years, painting the picture that Americans and Western Europeans were extraordinarily evil.  It's just not true.

A 36-year-old man is jailed and charged after an Auburn woman was chased in her front yard with a knife and told to "go back to her country. Travis Senner is accused of second-degree assault and malicious harassment, Washington's hate crime charge.

The woman was pulling into her gated Auburn home about 8:30 a.m. March 31 when she saw the man later identified as Senner standing on the street near her house, police reports say. She was waiting for her automatic metal gate to open when Senner allegedly walked onto her property through the opening gate.  As the woman parked and exited her car, Senner reportedly yelled at her and asked her where she was from.  When the woman replied that she was from Mexico, he began to yell profanities at her and told her to "go back to her country," according to Auburn police.

The homeowner yelled at Senner to leave her property, but the man then pulled off his sunglasses and threw them on the ground, then pulled a home smoke detector from his waist band and told her it was a bomb, the incident report indicates. He allegedly threatened to "blow her up."  After throwing the smoke detector on the ground, Senner went on to rant about a sticker on the woman's car that read "Jalisco," a state in Mexico, and told her to "go back to her country" and "get out of his state," reports say. Senner also kicked and damaged the woman's metal gate and then opened her yard waste bin and claimed he was going to "blow her head up," the woman told police.  The man then produced a small black folding knife, opened it, and chased the woman around her front yard, telling her to "leave his state" and that he was going to stab her, according to the incident report.  The woman ran around her vehicle twice as Senner allegedly swung the knife and chased after her.
Link.

Where in the world would a guy like Senner get the idea that it's OK to do what he did?

As he proposed stiffer penalties for nonviolent immigrants, Sessions also targeted gangs and cartels "that turn cities and suburbs into war zones, that rape and kill innocent citizens and who profit by smuggling poison and other human beings across our borders." Invoking unusually severe language in the written version of his announcement, Sessions proclaimed, "It is here, on this sliver of land, where we first take our stand against this filth."
Link.

Genocide implies the intentional killing of. Most of the Indians back then died of smallpox.
You may want to read a little about he Trail of Tears...

...where the Army supplied the Cherokee with smallpox infested blankets...

...intentionally. 

ETA: And yes, I know there is controversy over the truth of this.

Somebody just got caught lying.

After a review of the same intelligence reports brought to light by House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes, both Republican and Democratic lawmakers and aides have so far found no evidence that Obama administration officials did anything unusual or illegal, multiple sources in both parties tell CNN.

Their private assessment contradicts President Donald Trump's allegations that former Obama national security adviser Susan Rice broke the law by requesting the "unmasking" of US individuals' identities. Trump had claimed the matter was a "massive story."

However, over the last week, several members and staff of the House and Senate intelligence committees have reviewed intelligence reports related to those requests at NSA headquarters in Fort Meade, Maryland. One congressional intelligence source described the requests made by Rice as "normal and appropriate" for officials who serve in that role to the president.  And another source said there's "absolutely" no smoking gun in the reports, urging the White House to declassify them to make clear there was nothing alarming in the documents.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/11/politics/intelligence-contradicts-nunes-unmasking-claims/index.html

When and where did I say it was OK?  I'll hang up and listen.  

I fontbieve in cultural relativism but I do believe in historical relativism (the judging of history using the mindset of people at the time).  This is not to say that the conquest of the Indians was OK.  It's to say that relative to the times it was not as much an outlier as modern day liberals would like to paint it.  You'll see nonsense written about a genocide of 115 million.  Genocide implies the intentional killing of. Most of the Indians back then died of smallpox.

The liberal elites in higher education who dominate the humanities have shoveled a pile of #### on this subject for years, painting the picture that Americans and Western Europeans were extraordinarily evil.  It's just not true.
Higgs they were not evil men, most of them. A few were. What they did, at times was evil. And it was an outlier even then. The men who did this absolutely knew it was wrong, because they were influenced by the Enlightenment. We discussed that in the other thread. Please don't make excuses for them in order to satisfy some modern political goal. You're a smart guy; its unbecoming. 

@Bruce Dickinson I know you have/had a busy day, but when you get a chance, please tell us your experience.  It's exciting to hear about a poster being so involved in local politics and it makes me want to get involved.  Hope the good guys win this one!
Thank you for your kind words.  I'm no hero; I'm just a guy who had a little extra time on his hands.  

I'm as pleased as I am stunned this race became a national story. 

Thompson got no national party support and very little state party support until really late in the race.    The big support he got out of state was from folks feeling the Bern - Sanders and his staff did a great job getting their followers informed about the race and funded it $27 at a time.  

To understand the point spread involved here... Pompeo won this district by 31 points in November and Trump beat Clinton by 27.  

However, Thompson and his team felt the race was in play: quick turnaround was going to make turnout tough to predict, Trump wasn't all that popular in Kansas (Trump only got 15% here during primary season; Cruz crushed him), and Sanders's message plays well in Wichita (Sanders took KS in a landslide; Hillary was never that popular here)

http://www.kake.com/link/773262/kansas-general-election-results

(Wichita TV station tracking election)

Don't let the early returns get you excited.  Almost all of Thompson's support is in Wichita and that vote will get counted first - if Estes got any turnout in southern KS at all, he's going to win easily.

Turnout in November was about 275K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread