What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damigo is a giant POS. https://i.redd.it/wg8vr781rury.jpg

He was greatly influenced, he said, by “My Awakening,” the book by former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke, and by racial provocateurs J. Philippe Rushton and Nicholas Wade. 

He came out of prison with a belief that there is a genetic basis for certain behaviors and intellect, distinguished by race — that a black person is more likely than a white person to be less intelligent and more violent, for example.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-nathan-damigo-alt-right-20161115-story.html

Damigo is a giant POS. https://i.redd.it/wg8vr781rury.jpg

He was greatly influenced, he said, by “My Awakening,” the book by former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke, and by racial provocateurs J. Philippe Rushton and Nicholas Wade. 

He came out of prison with a belief that there is a genetic basis for certain behaviors and intellect, distinguished by race — that a black person is more likely than a white person to be less intelligent and more violent, for example.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-nathan-damigo-alt-right-20161115-story.html
Oh no doubt. Not to mentioned he decked a girl (well, at least I guess a girl) at full running fist in the shnozz. I guess there just weren't enough dudes around in that huge melee

1. Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump  18m18 minutes ago

More

Someone should look into who paid for the small organized rallies yesterday. The election is over!

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump  24m24 minutes ago

More

I did what was an almost an impossible thing to do for a Republican-easily won the Electoral College! Now Tax Returns are brought up again?

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump  1h1 hour ago

More

Happy Easter to everyone!

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump  1h1 hour ago

More

Why would I call China a currency manipulator when they are working with us on the North Korean problem? We will see what happens!

I hate having a stupid President. It's embarrassing.

Sure, but this goes both ways. 

The people holding & attending these as supporters are idiots looking for trouble.

Those that go to rally against the supporters are equally, if not more stupid - they are guilty of being absolutely trolled IRL.

I'd bet 99.5% of them aren't doctors, financial workers, lawyers, tech workers, real estate professionals, teachers (maybe a few on the left, but not many. If I found out one of my kids teachers was at one of these things, I'd demand he changes classes), or anything above lower-middle management. 

On one side you have a bunch of low-level factory workers and unemployed & on the other you have a bunch of baristas, maniacs, & unemployed losers looking for a handout. They all contribute zero & are the source of a ton of headaches. 

I dislike all of these people, if you can't tell. & again, they're all fringe maniacs just looking for unnecessary trouble for no reason.

Hey, I'm off to this sweet Trump Rally!

Don't forget your pepper spray!

No worries, I've got this sweet switchblade.

'Murica
:goodposting:  No reason I'd be at one of these.  I'm quite certain a few Trump supporters here said they went to at least one.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump  24m24 minutes ago
I did what was an almost an impossible thing to do for a Republican-easily won the Electoral College! Now Tax Returns are brought up again?
I hope so. Did someone bring this up?

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump  1h1 hour ago
Why would I call China a currency manipulator when they are working with us on the North Korean problem? We will see what happens!
Somehow I don't think countries believe linking two totally distinct and separate problems is ever correct. Either a country is or is not a thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe we can have a truce in here for a bit, so the thread can get back on track? There's no need for all the "libtard," "hysterical," "snowflake" and "Trumpkin" stuff. It's really just become a bunch of people trying to be mean-spirited and make others feel bad about themselves. Can't we talk about Trump's tomfoolery without throwing bombs at each other? This incessant bickering is kind of weird. 

It would be awesome if we let the trolls starve. Stop feeding them? Maybe the mods can help a little on that front?

I hope so. Did someone bring this up?

Somehow I don't think countries believe linking two totally distinct and separate problems is ever correct. Either a country is or is not a thing.
The funny thing is that in his head "I won the election, and people are still asking me to do what I promised to do?!?" is actually a good argument.

The stupidity is strong with this one.

I don't understand why the police were standing down at Berkeley yesterday. It turned into a true free for all. 
A few years back campus PD went to town on peaceful protestors with pepper spray. As a result the administration now interprets a report that came out afterwards as suggesting that police worsen a situation rather than improve it. It's likely not correct. The police screwed up that time but they are clearly needed. I think in general students and most parents and benefactors at Cal must be puzzled why their campus is so completely unable to manage speaking events.

Sure, but this goes both ways. 

The people holding & attending these as supporters are idiots looking for trouble.

Those that go to rally against the supporters are equally, if not more stupid - they are guilty of being absolutely trolled IRL.

I'd bet 99.5% of them aren't doctors, financial workers, lawyers, tech workers, real estate professionals, teachers (maybe a few on the left, but not many. If I found out one of my kids teachers was at one of these things, I'd demand he changes classes), or anything above lower-middle management. 

On one side you have a bunch of low-level factory workers and unemployed & on the other you have a bunch of baristas, maniacs, & unemployed losers looking for a handout. They all contribute zero & are the source of a ton of headaches. 

I dislike all of these people, if you can't tell. & again, they're all fringe maniacs just looking for unnecessary trouble for no reason.

Hey, I'm off to this sweet Trump Rally!

Don't forget your pepper spray!

No worries, I've got this sweet switchblade.

'Murica
There is no way you can possibly know half of the crap you are asserting here.  I'll write this post off as drunken Sat night rambling, b/c you're usually better than this.  

Looking down your nose at folks who are passionate and more engaged in the political process than you are is a bad look. 

A few years back campus PD went to town on peaceful protestors with pepper spray. As a result the administration now interprets a report that came out afterwards as suggesting that police worsen a situation rather than improve it. It's likely not correct. The police screwed up that time but they are clearly needed. I think in general students and most parents and benefactors at Cal must be puzzled why their campus is so completely unable to manage speaking events.
Berkeley is a city as well as a campus. I don't think yesterday's protests had anything to do with the university. 

BTW, I am driving my daughter and her best friend (both high school juniors) up to Berkeley to visit the campus on Memorial Day weekend for a tour. It's #1 on both their lists, though it's pretty hard to get into. 

Berkeley is a city as well as a campus. I don't think yesterday's protests had anything to do with the university. 

BTW, I am driving my daughter and her best friend (both high school juniors) up to Berkeley to visit the campus on Memorial Day weekend for a tour. It's #1 on both their lists, though it's pretty hard to get into. 
Like Missouri, it may become a lot easier. 

Sorry I originally had that as 'campus or city PD'. I think the protest/marches yesterday may have been in town so you may be right.

Good luck to you and your daughter, she sounds very smart (not sure what happened there.. (jk.... :) )). Go Bears.

There is no way you can possibly know half of the crap you are asserting here.  I'll write this post off as drunken Sat night rambling, b/c you're usually better than this.  

Looking down your nose at folks who are passionate and more engaged in the political process than you are is a bad look. 
Not only do I stand by this, if there was a real way to poll them, I'd wager every dollar I have on it.

That doesn't mean there aren't smart people involved in discussions, just at rallies.

What could you possibly have to gain from going to one of these things? What are you looking to accomplish? The attendees are morons!

If police are confiscating a lot of weapons at an event, I'll typically pass.

Not only do I stand by this, if there was a real way to poll them, I'd wager every dollar I have on it.

That doesn't mean there aren't smart people involved in discussions, just at rallies.

What could you possibly have to gain from going to one of these things? What are you looking to accomplish? The attendees are morons!

If police are confiscating a lot of weapons at an event, I'll typically pass.
Again, let's separate: 

1. Rallies for Donald Trump

2. Anti-Donald Trump protest events. 

These are VERY different affairs and can't really be compared to each other. I agree that the first type tends to attract a lot of strange people, both for and against Trump, and violence often occurs. But the second type are much larger events, with tens of thousands of people, celebrities and politicians, and have thus far generally been very peaceful. 

On a side note, what is concerning to me about Trump supporters is really showing in Turkey.  Blind support for a power hungry mad man.  I wouldn't be surprised if Trump tried to change the constitution to give himself more power, I suspect the 35% who love him would be all for it.  I used to think the US was immune to this kind of thinking but not anymore.

Again, let's separate: 

1. Rallies for Donald Trump

2. Anti-Donald Trump protest events. 

These are VERY different affairs and can't really be compared to each other. I agree that the first type tends to attract a lot of strange people, both for and against Trump, and violence often occurs. But the second type are much larger events, with tens of thousands of people, celebrities and politicians, and have thus far generally been very peaceful. 
What exactly are they looking to accomplish? He won, there isn't another election for 3.5 years. If Bloomberg wasn't such a #####, he'd be prez, but it is what it is.

Yesterday, the tax day rally (  :lmao:  ), which isn't really until 4/18 this year - what was the purpose? To get him to release his taxes? Great, then what? I'm sure he's using every loophole already, I just don't get it - these people are just stupid.

Berkeley is a town that is the home to a small number of radical leftists prone to violence, such as Antifa. These folks are NOT liberal, have nothing to do with liberalism or the Democratic Party. They are Communists of the Stalinist variety. They were also active during the Vietnam War and the Iraq War (they called themselves ANSWER back then.) They represent less than 1% of the population of Berkeley, and I would wager they don't have a student among them. 

But they are there, and they are certainly radical. A pro-Trump rally in the city Berkeley was most likely deliberately done in order to bring these idiots out and hope that violence will ensue. 

What exactly are they looking to accomplish? He won, there isn't another election for 3.5 years. If Bloomberg wasn't such a #####, he'd be prez, but it is what it is.

Yesterday, the tax day rally (  :lmao:  ), which isn't really until 4/18 this year - what was the purpose? To get him to release his taxes? Great, then what? I'm sure he's using every loophole already, I just don't get it - these people are just stupid.
They're looking to accomplish the same goal the Tea Party movement did in 2009- to energize the opposition to the President with the hope that it will lead to electoral reverses in the next election. It worked very well for the Tea Party, obviously, and may work here. 

Although the loophole angle is one, an important angle is understanding his debts.  Particularly those debts believed to be held by Russian firms/banks

Spending the Easter weekend in OC Maryland.  Now the OC Maryland boardwalk has always been a bit redneck.  Lots of bikers, "working class" folks etc.  However, the crappy beach shops have always sold stuff with the same central themes.  Maryland flags, sports teams, t-shirts making fun of the president, etc.

This year for the first time ever (and I mean since I can remember), some of the shops have a few items with confederate flags.  These are so out of the norm that it's eye opening.  I wonder what has changed that these trinket shops suddenly think there's a market for confederate flags...I wonder...

To me this is a real life example of how some of Trump's base are suddenly feeling empowered more so than ever.  Enough demand for the confederate flag garbage that it's sold out in the open now.  I've only seen one person wearing something with it so far though.  I'll post a pic this evening when I get back but if she's not the stereotypical example of Trump's "base" I don't know what is.

SAD!

Maybe we can have a truce in here for a bit, so the thread can get back on track? There's no need for all the "libtard," "hysterical," "snowflake" and "Trumpkin" stuff. It's really just become a bunch of people trying to be mean-spirited and make others feel bad about themselves. Can't we talk about Trump's tomfoolery without throwing bombs at each other? This incessant bickering is kind of weird. 

It would be awesome if we let the trolls starve. Stop feeding them? Maybe the mods can help a little on that front?
Nail meet hammer.

With every Presidency this get worse and worse. If people talked to people on a message board like they do in person, things would be better. But you have so many nameless, faceless keyboard heroes it's become intolerable.

As much as Koya lectures people, he had a story about discussing politics rationally with Trump supporters. This happens WAY more IRL than here. I can discuss politics rationally with anyone if there is respect on both sides of the discussion. On this message board there is ZERO respect for anyone on the other side, other than a few (Less than 10) on either side.

Spending the Easter weekend in OC Maryland.  Now the OC Maryland boardwalk has always been a bit redneck.  Lots of bikers, "working class" folks etc.  However, the crappy beach shops have always sold stuff with the same central themes.  Maryland flags, sports teams, t-shirts making fun of the president, etc.

This year for the first time ever (and I mean since I can remember), some of the shops have a few items with confederate flags.  These are so out of the norm that it's eye opening.  I wonder what has changed that these trinket shops suddenly think there's a market for confederate flags...I wonder...

To me this is a real life example of how some of Trump's base are suddenly feeling empowered more so than ever.  Enough demand for the confederate flag garbage that it's sold out in the open now.  I've only seen one person wearing something with it so far though.  I'll post a pic this evening when I get back but if she's not the stereotypical example of Trump's "base" I don't know what is.

SAD!
This is a ridiculous post. 

Love for the Confederate Flag is now Trumps fault? A flag that has been around for decades and has been displayed for decades, now is on Trump.

smh

This is a ridiculous post. 

Love for the Confederate Flag is now Trumps fault? A flag that has been around for decades and has been displayed for decades, now is on Trump.

smh
It seems you had a whoosh moment there. That's okay. Just have a beer and ponder what JD actually wrote, what he meant and I'm sure enlightenment will follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread