What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thoughts on the Packers not allowing IR players in team photo (1 Viewer)

@RobDemovsky: Packers to take team Super Bowl photo on Friday so that IR players will be included a source just told me.
Nice to hear. Although still surprises me that they didnt think this through beforehand.
Yeah, I think part of it was its traditionally done at media day and they simply didn't plan on having their IR guys there all week. But no real excuses for not thinking of it I guess. Someone should have known.So they will now do it this Friday in Green Bay.

The team pictures is supposed to be tough looking, why include a bunch of pantywaists?

Last edited by a moderator:
@RobDemovsky: Packers to take team Super Bowl photo on Friday so that IR players will be included a source just told me.
Nice to hear. Although still surprises me that they didnt think this through beforehand.
Yeah, I think part of it was its traditionally done at media day and they simply didn't plan on having their IR guys there all week. But no real excuses for not thinking of it I guess. Someone should have known.So they will now do it this Friday in Green Bay.
does anybody know if this part accurate.....it was my understanding that it would be the Friday before the super bowl in Dallas.....after the IR guys arrived.....I thought a special part of the super bowl picture is that is was taken in the stadium where the super bowl is being held...?

I don't think they expected this kind of buzz from it...they should take care of it.Anyone on the current roster/IR should be down there for the picture.Bad move on GB's part.
Only two things could be considered a bad move.1. Not allowing them to be at the game.2. Not giving them a Super Bowl ring!!!! IMO Al Harris doesnt get a ring!!We are talking about a picture, not money, ring, or their name a plaque that would go in the Packer Hall of Fame.

Dumb thing to do. Both the Packers not including them, and also the players making a spectacle of it. Barnett is kind of a showboat, always has been.

I don't think they expected this kind of buzz from it...they should take care of it.Anyone on the current roster/IR should be down there for the picture.Bad move on GB's part.
Only two things could be considered a bad move.1. Not allowing them to be at the game.2. Not giving them a Super Bowl ring!!!! IMO Al Harris doesnt get a ring!!We are talking about a picture, not money, ring, or their name a plaque that would go in the Packer Hall of Fame.
And what kind of picture is it? A TEAM picture.

The bad move was Finley and Barnett using their twitter accounts to raise the issue publicly, rather than picking up the phone. Very unprofessional and immature in my opinion, but they've both recognized that now so all is well.

The bad move was Finley and Barnett using their twitter accounts to raise the issue publicly, rather than picking up the phone. Very unprofessional and immature in my opinion, but they've both recognized that now so all is well.
How do you know they didn't pick up the phone? How many times has it been said. Enjoy getting to the Super Bowl when you get there, cause you never know if you'll ever get the chance again. It was a bush move by the Packers and I'm glad they are getting called out on it.

How do you know they didn't pick up the phone? How many times has it been said. Enjoy getting to the Super Bowl when you get there, cause you never know if you'll ever get the chance again. It was a bush move by the Packers and I'm glad they are getting called out on it.
Barnett is the king of bush moves. Over his career he has pulled out his samarui sword act in the 4th quarter after making a tackle in the backfield when the team is down by double digits. They will be at the Super Bowl team is flying them in later on. This could be a business move and cut down on some costs also, you people are aware the economy is in the crapper.

Team picture can be any way you want it. They are not active so the Packers could have easily said stay home for the Super Bowl just as easy.

Team picture can be any way you want it. They are not active so the Packers could have easily said stay home for the Super Bowl just as easy.
;) <_< :loco:

Its true that I am making an assumption here. But is it better or worse if they asked internally first, then went public via twitter to complain? I would be even more pissed off at these guys if that is what happened. I'm biased, but would say the Packer org is not "bush league" - they do a great job of taking care of their guys. They have to, because they are asking these young guys to live in Green Bay, which likely sucks for most of them most of the time. This was at worst an unfortunate oversight, and overall a big case of much ado 'bout nothin.

Question for the Cheesehead fans who probably would have a more logical place to look or have probably seen it:Was Elijah Pitts in the Super Bowl II team photo?-QG
This actually was a serious question. He played the first 8 games that year and then got hurt. He scored 2 TDs in the Super Bowl the year before.Packfans?Btw - do you think they'll take this picture Friday and then sneak off on Tuesday to take the "real" Super Bowl team photo? :goodposting: -QG

Its true that I am making an assumption here. But is it better or worse if they asked internally first, then went public via twitter to complain? I would be even more pissed off at these guys if that is what happened. I'm biased, but would say the Packer org is not "bush league" - they do a great job of taking care of their guys. They have to, because they are asking these young guys to live in Green Bay, which likely sucks for most of them most of the time. This was at worst an unfortunate oversight, and overall a big case of much ado 'bout nothin.
the point is Finley and Barnett should have never even been put in the position to say anything....it should be a no brainer that they be part of the picture and festivities......GB had put some thought into this....they were already planning on flying them down.....just not in time for the picture....so the cost of airfare is not an issue....and when they realized they wouldn't be there for the picture, which I would be willing to bet was before Finley and Barnett said anything, they should have corrected it immediately....and even if they pay for the flight, per diem, hotel room, etc....what are we we really talking in terms of cost to a multi million dollar business in the middle of one of there most clelebrated times in franchise history.......

the point is Finley and Barnett should have never even been put in the position to say anything....it should be a no brainer that they be part of the picture and festivities......GB had put some thought into this....they were already planning on flying them down.....just not in time for the picture....so the cost of airfare is not an issue....and when they realized they wouldn't be there for the picture, which I would be willing to bet was before Finley and Barnett said anything, they should have corrected it immediately....and even if they pay for the flight, per diem, hotel room, etc....what are we we really talking in terms of cost to a multi million dollar business in the middle of one of there most clelebrated times in franchise history.......
what makes you think the cost was a factor in the decision?

hauser42 mentioned it above, so I was just kind of responding to his comment....I don't actually think it was at all, cause if it is/was, it is a terrible excuse....as I mentioned earlier...I also think the "missing a week of rehab" is also a BS excuse and if anything even a worse excuse then the cost, cause these guys could continue to rehab in Dallas....which really just leaves me with the people making decisions in GB were just being a bunch of d-bags......and deservedly got called out on it....and I would say that about any of the 32 franchises if they did it.....

sho nuff mentioned above that they are planning now to take the picture THIS Friday in Green Bay....

I ask again....does anybody know if this part accurate.....it was my understanding that the suggestion might be that it would be the Friday before the super bowl in Dallas.....after the IR guys arrived on Thursday.....

I thought a special part of the super bowl picture is that is was taken in the stadium where the super bowl is being held...?...media day all that.....

Question for the Cheesehead fans who probably would have a more logical place to look or have probably seen it:

Was Elijah Pitts in the Super Bowl II team photo?

-QG
This actually was a serious question. He played the first 8 games that year and then got hurt. He scored 2 TDs in the Super Bowl the year before.
Team photoI believe that's Pitts on the lower left (#22). But I have no idea when that photo was taken.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/114660679.html

A team source just confirmed that the Packers will take a team photo that includes both active and injured reserve players on Friday, three days before they fly out to Dallas.

Much had been made over the past two days about the Packers leaving out injured reserve players of the team photo, which is generally taken Tuesday after media day. The injured reserve players aren't scheduled to arrive until Thursday with the players' wives and so they were not going to be part of the photo.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/114660679.html

A team source just confirmed that the Packers will take a team photo that includes both active and injured reserve players on Friday, three days before they fly out to Dallas.

Much had been made over the past two days about the Packers leaving out injured reserve players of the team photo, which is generally taken Tuesday after media day. The injured reserve players aren't scheduled to arrive until Thursday with the players' wives and so they were not going to be part of the photo.
so are we to assume they won't be taking another picture once in Dallas on media day....?....I assumed the media at the super bowl had this opportunity for the team shot...?and isn't it part of the super bowl team photo that it be taken in the stadium where they play the super bowl...?

Mixed feelings. A guy goes on IR in week 1 or 2, then there's no real reason for him to be in the photo as he had NOTHING to do with his team getting there. Guy gets hurt in week 14 or 15, he most certainly should be included.

Mixed feelings. A guy goes on IR in week 1 or 2, then there's no real reason for him to be in the photo as he had NOTHING to do with his team getting there. Guy gets hurt in week 14 or 15, he most certainly should be included.
disagree...often teams barely make it into the playoffs by a game or 2.....first two weeks count just as much as the last two....say it was Crosby and in week 2 they beat BUF 12-10 and he kicks 4 FG's with one of them being a 54 yarder as time expires......Packers need every win they got to get in....did Crosby not help them and have NOTHING to do with them getting there...?

Why hasn't this been an issue before? Did players on IR in past SBs not care they were not included in the team photo? Did past teams include their IR players in the team pics so it was never an issue.

Whatever line of work you are in, let me know.I would love to work for you.

Question for the Cheesehead fans who probably would have a more logical place to look or have probably seen it:

-QG
This actually was a serious question. He played the first 8 games that year and then got hurt. He scored 2 TDs in the Super Bowl the year before.
Team photoI believe that's Pitts on the lower left (#22). But I have no idea when that photo was taken.
Heard elsewhere that this was probably before the season. Perhaps a Super Bowl XXXI injured dude is a better example.-QG

QuizGuy66 said:
TommyGilmore said:
QuizGuy66 said:
QuizGuy66 said:

-QG
Heard elsewhere that this was probably before the season. Perhaps a Super Bowl XXXI injured dude is a better example.-QG
Look for #87, Robert Brooks. He ended the season on the IR and did not play in the Super Bowl. Brooks is also star-level player like Finley or Barnett.

comfortably numb said:
hauser42 said:
BeaverCleaver said:
hauser42 said:
sho nuff said:
Whatever line of work you are in, let me know.I would love to work for you.
You dont think the recission hasnt hit the Packers?? Their books are open to the public and arent making money like everyone thinks they are. Simple cutting of costs is going around the country, look at all the unemployeed people out there.As mentioned before the Packers are very good to their players and take care of them.

ArcticEdge said:
sho nuff said:
Classless organization. :tumbleweed:
Embarrassing to think the team I support treats players this way.

Whatever line of work you are in, let me know.

I would love to work for you.

You dont think the recission hasnt hit the Packers?? Their books are open to the public and arent making money like everyone thinks they are. Simple cutting of costs is going around the country, look at all the unemployeed people out there.

As mentioned before the Packers are very good to their players and take care of them.

lol

good point, they should call it a SURVIVOR PHOTO instead of TEAM PHOTO then.

QuizGuy66 said:
TommyGilmore said:
QuizGuy66 said:
QuizGuy66 said:

-QG
Look for #87, Robert Brooks. He ended the season on the IR and did not play in the Super Bowl. Brooks is also star-level player like Finley or Barnett.
I don't see a #75. The numbers in the top row are obscured so I can't tell if there's an 87.-QG

Stinkin Ref said:
1. I'm not buying the "they will miss a weeks worth of rehab" thing....you mean to tell me they can't rehab anywhere in Dallas....?....the Packers will have all kinds of accomadations at their fingertips.....I would think a rehab/training room etc would probably be one of them.....give me a break....

2. anybody that contributed/played for that team this year deserves to be in the picture....

3. what if Aaron Rodgers got hurt week 15 and was put on IR but the Pack still made the super bowl.....think he'd be in the picture....?
No, they would just photo shop his head onto BJ Raji's body.

Don't think this has been mentioned yet in this thread but the local ESPN radio station in Milwaukee were speculating that it may have something to do with that the Packers were worried about the free time the IR players may have had on their hands during the week, namely Finley and Barnett. Both have loose lips and Finley is from Texas, very familiar with the night life. Just speculation on ESPN's part but might have a ring of truth to it. The Packer has always been considered a first class organization and has always taken care of their player very well. Not flying them down for the team photo just doesn't make sense.

Also, the team photo will be taken the Friday of Super Bowl week.

Link

Silver & Black said:
BeaverCleaver said:
One of the reasons from the Packers..Blumb said it was important that many, if not all, of the injured players stay on their rehabilitation schedules as well, which is part of the reason why they're coming to Dallas later.Seriously? Two days is going to throw off their rehab schedule? That seems to be insulting the intelligence of their fans and the players.
Talk about bad karma.....And you know what they say about karma, she's a fickle #####.Putting my money on Pitt now.
My thoughts exactly. Really piss-poor move by GB. Small potatoes, overall, but seriously...who doesn't think this #### isn't going to cause a distraction?

ArcticEdge said:
sho nuff said:
Classless organization. :shrug:
Embarrassing? What NFL team has more class than the Packers? Its easy to get sucked in to crap stories like this, just ask Mike Florio. Meanwhile, the Steelers are getting down to business while the Packers worry about getting their picture taken...

Stinkin Ref said:
CletiusMaximus said:
Stinkin Ref said:
hauser42 mentioned it above, so I was just kind of responding to his comment....I don't actually think it was at all, cause if it is/was, it is a terrible excuse....as I mentioned earlier...I also think the "missing a week of rehab" is also a BS excuse and if anything even a worse excuse then the cost, cause these guys could continue to rehab in Dallas....which really just leaves me with the people making decisions in GB were just being a bunch of d-bags......and deservedly got called out on it....and I would say that about any of the 32 franchises if they did it.....
While I think it was a copout excuse to an extent...reading up more, the rehab thing makes a little bit of sense.They have about 15 guys on the IR...they have 53 that need the trainers time and attention and the facilities the Packers will have down in Dallas.That said, its 2 days...I think its something did not thinking it would be a huge thing...and it became big so they fixed it.

Somethings that people disagree with on this board shouldnt shock me, but it does.

How can you even debate that a member of the team, no matter injured or unable to play should not be allowed in the team picture, is beyond my understanding.

Green Bay has pleanty of money and probably a jet they have access to, so that excuse of cost is null in void, seriously we are talking about millionaires here.

...and you can always tell if someone and/or an organization is wrong, if they recant on the initial decision.

Plus Ray Finkle would still be out there if it we're not for the team photo, poor "Snowflake". lol

Stinkin Ref said:
CletiusMaximus said:
Stinkin Ref said:
While I think it was a copout excuse to an extent...reading up more, the rehab thing makes a little bit of sense.They have about 15 guys on the IR...they have 53 that need the trainers time and attention and the facilities the Packers will have down in Dallas.That said, its 2 days...I think its something did not thinking it would be a huge thing...and it became big so they fixed it.
Missing two days of rehab at this point of the season is a lame excuse and insults the intelligence of those players and the fans.

ArcticEdge said:
sho nuff said:
I don't think they expected this kind of buzz from it...they should take care of it.

Anyone on the current roster/IR should be down there for the picture.

Bad move on GB's part.
Classless organization. :thumbdown:
Embarrassing? What NFL team has more class than the Packers? Its easy to get sucked in to crap stories like this, just ask Mike Florio. Meanwhile, the Steelers are getting down to business while the Packers worry about getting their picture taken...
Sadly...the Packers have taken on the personality of their GM. Remember when it was the Wolf/Holmgren show? They saw to it that every member of the organization (even the secretary) received a SB ring. Granted...a team picture and SB Rings are two different stories...but it lends credence to the thought that the Packers are no longer the first class organization that they were for decades.

ArcticEdge said:
sho nuff said:
I don't think they expected this kind of buzz from it...they should take care of it.

Anyone on the current roster/IR should be down there for the picture.

Bad move on GB's part.
Classless organization. :thumbdown:
Sadly...the Packers have taken on the personality of their GM. Remember when it was the Wolf/Holmgren show? They saw to it that every member of the organization (even the secretary) received a SB ring. Granted...a team picture and SB Rings are two different stories...but it lends credence to the thought that the Packers are no longer the first class organization that they were for decades.
Ok. :lmao:

An issue did arise with Wolf in 1997 when he originally decided not to give Ken Ruettgers a SB ring because he retired during the season. Bob Harlan intervened and Ruettgers was rewarded for his long career with the Packers.
In an interview shortly after the Super Bowl, Wolf said Ruettgers probably wouldn't be included on the list because he had retired prior to the end of the season. But there has been speculation that Ruettgers' penchant for holding out during his career with the Packers may have influenced Wolf's decision.
http://www.journaltimes.com/news/local/art...6b22f916ac.html

Users who are viewing this thread