What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tight Ends for the rest of the season... (1 Viewer)

Pettigrew seems to get a lot of targets.

But with all the injuries at the position, there's hardly a consistent stud out there. Gonzo, Witten, Winslow are probably the safest bets.

Tamme.That was easy...like Staples.
Let me expound on this a bit, as my answer was flippant (and I have Gates as well as Tamme - so to answer Tamme was actually not as easy as it may have seemed).Gates is having a monster year. He also has 60 targets in 9 games (almost 7 targets a game) coupled with his position-leading 9 TDs in 9 games. So Gates (who is clearly the #1 supreme TE elite) is averaging 6.67 targets, 4.89 receptions for 78.8 yards and 1 TD/game. Amazing. That's an average of 14 fantasy point per game. Marcedes Lewis is next closest with just over 8 FP/gameTamme is in the middle of the pack in most TE stats...until you sort them "by games as starter". Keeping in mind that Tamme has in effect only been the starter for 5 games - he has 56 targets with 38 catches for 369 yards and 3 TDs...in 5 games. On average, that's 11.1 targets, 7.6 receptions for 73.8 yards and .6 TDs - or about 11 fantasy points per game. The point? The difference between Gates and Tamme is the same as the distance between Tamme and the next closest TE. Meaning that if Gates is super-elite-uber-stud TE, than Tamme is at least an elite choice moving forward. Especially when keeping in mind that he is averaging more targets and more catches than Gates, and that this has been through a period of games when Manning has been less than his usual stellar self. Also keeping in mind that Tamme is leading all Colts receivers in red zone looks over the last 3 weeks.If you are like me and have both, you may have some tough decisions. If you have Tamme and virtually anyone else at TE, I don't think there is really a choice to be made.

Users who are viewing this thread