What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tim Tebow going forward? Where does he rank among QBs? (1 Viewer)

It'd be irresponsible to say that "mike vick" numbers are his upside. The Den offense is just nowhere as good as the eagles. It's not even close, they very apparently don't have even close to comparable personnell.

If I came out and said Vick > Rivers a couple months ago, I would be getting the same safe and comfortable owners calling me crazy.
If it was before we knew Vick was the starter, then yes, you would've been called crazy (and rightfully so). Get it yet?
No. Vick was the back up at the time. Tim Tebow is the starter right now. I think Tim Tebow will be the starter next year. Tell me what is crazy about that, please.
Wow. Your really wasting your breath. It's apparent a lot of people will make their projections a few days after the Footballguys do. Then when he does well they tell you they knew he would.....or if he does bad they'll say they told you so.Complete waste of your time. Thanks for the actual projections though.

John Elway apparently is not currently a fan of Tebow. Does that change anyone's opinion?
Just two days ago...from the same site, this was reported.
2. Elway lit up when talking about Tim Tebow, saying he was everything the team expected. Elway mentioned he could help with quarterbacks. “Tim Tebow is a darn good football player. What we’ve got to make him is a darn good quarterback.”

3. The next coach will decide who the starting quarterback is. But Elway can’t imagine a head coach that wouldn’t want to coach Tebow. While it’s early, it definitely didn’t sound like the Broncos would be thinking quarterback at the No. 2 overall pick.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/...dnt-want-tebow/

John Elway apparently is not currently a fan of Tebow. Does that change anyone's opinion?
Just two days ago...from the same site, this was reported.
2. Elway lit up when talking about Tim Tebow, saying he was everything the team expected. Elway mentioned he could help with quarterbacks. “Tim Tebow is a darn good football player. What we’ve got to make him is a darn good quarterback.”

3. The next coach will decide who the starting quarterback is. But Elway can’t imagine a head coach that wouldn’t want to coach Tebow. While it’s early, it definitely didn’t sound like the Broncos would be thinking quarterback at the No. 2 overall pick.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/...dnt-want-tebow/
Something doesn't add up . . .

And so it begins! Doubt I will have Tebow on any of my teams next year as someone will probably pull the trigger in the first 5 rounds.
If Tebow is not drafted in the first 5 rounds, I would seriously question the league I was playing in.
I feel completely opposite. If some one wants to spend an early round draft pick based on 3 meaningless games against weak pass defenses I'd question that. I'm not a Tebow hater and will admit that he looked far better than I thought he would as a rookie - but I don't think what he did in those three games is sustainable, His passing was good enough to see a few big plays get made, but he didn't look pro-ready yet. As far as his running style - no coach in his right mind is going to let that continue if they beleive he is a franchise QB. As big and tough as he is, he'll be constantly nicked up or worse is he tries to bull doze his was against NFL lineman, linebackers and safeties.

I would not be surprised to see a team like Miami go after Tebow if the price is right. Miami's uses some spread elements in their passing attack and Tebow could help get UF fans who live down here (and there are plenty) to reup their season tickets.

And so it begins! Doubt I will have Tebow on any of my teams next year as someone will probably pull the trigger in the first 5 rounds.
If Tebow is not drafted in the first 5 rounds, I would seriously question the league I was playing in.
I feel completely opposite. If some one wants to spend an early round draft pick based on 3 meaningless games against weak pass defenses I'd question that. I'm not a Tebow hater and will admit that he looked far better than I thought he would as a rookie - but I don't think what he did in those three games is sustainable, His passing was good enough to see a few big plays get made, but he didn't look pro-ready yet. As far as his running style - no coach in his right mind is going to let that continue if they beleive he is a franchise QB. As big and tough as he is, he'll be constantly nicked up or worse is he tries to bull doze his was against NFL lineman, linebackers and safeties.
at the time they played OAK they were ranked (5th) against the pass.....when they played SD they were ranked (1st) against the pass....so your comment about weak pass defenses is inaccurate....he brings a different element to the game.....he is not your traditional drop back passer, neither is Vick....but he is working on it everyday, and really all he cares about doing is doing whatever it takes to win the game....I believe DEN will rally around this guy and use his skill set to their advantage....I hate the Broncos, but personally I think they will have him in some traditional sets/dropbacks, but also roll him out on bootlegs looking for the TE, etc coming back across the field.....much like what DEN did under Shanny when they had Plummer/Sharpe, etc....that play killed teams...also part of the reason I think DEN went out and got two very athletic TE's later in the draft....I think this team will be fun to watch on offense and very unpredictable....Tebow is going to have monster weeks, kid is a baller....I think he cracks top 10 of fantasy QB's with ease....

I would not be surprised to see a team like Miami go after Tebow if the price is right. Miami's uses some spread elements in their passing attack and Tebow could help get UF fans who live down here (and there are plenty) to reup their season tickets.
he ain't going nowhere.....he will be this teams future....Orton is not

at the time they played OAK they were ranked (5th) against the pass.....when they played SD they were ranked (1st) against the pass....so your comment about weak pass defenses is inaccurate....
I was specifically thinking about Houston. He completed 8 passess against Oakland's 5th ranked pass defense and the one long touchdown wasn't a particularly well thrown ball and required an outstanding catch. He only threw for 205 yards against SD and let's face it they had very little to play for in Week 17.Like I said he looked far better than I thought he would so early but he didn't look like he's an NFL ready thrower yet. I don't think those rushing totals are sustainable over a full season either since he doesn't have the speed and avoidance techniques of a Vick - he'll take a beating.My main point however was in response to some one that tried to say that any league where he is not taken in the top five rounds has something wrong with it. He has way more risk than any of the top QBs that should go that early and I don't think he has as much upside as some others seem to.I'd like to see him succeed as it was always fun to watch him at Florida - I just think people are over-reacting (imagine that) to three late season games and are getting carried away with their proclamations.

he is one of those guys you just have to make your own mind up about....and go with it..I think sometimes we get caught up in the thinking that every guy has to look or play like Manning or Brady, etc to be successful....Tebow is the kind of player that will help win the games in different ways...either he pasess your eyeball looks like a winner test or he doesn't...

I'm would bet by the end of preseason, if we have one, and the season starts on time, that some drafts taking place in late August/early Sept will have him going in the top 10 QB's...I think anybody getting him right now in drafts outside the top 10 will end up with a steal, allowing them to focus on other positions in their draft...I think Tebow likes being told he can't...or that he won't be a good NFL QB...he likes a challenge and likes to prove people wrong....

if you want to pass up on monster scoring weeks from your QB because you think his running style will eventually get him hurt, then go ahead, but meanwhile somebody else will be plugging him in and riding him.....

he would probably make a good candidate to pair up with another mid range QB....

In dynasty, I think he is a great canidate to roster if you have a top tier guy. You can have the luxury of waiting to see who the real Tim Tebow is ... we should all have a good idea by mid November. If he doesn't work out, no harm. If he becomes quality fantasy currency then you have instant trade ammo.

This one is going to be fun to watch. Tebow is one of those rare players that could be awesome or crap and anybody who is honest with themselves curently has no clue.

Last edited by a moderator:
In dynasty, I think he is a great canidate to roster if you have a top tier guy. You can have the luxury of waiting to see who the real Tim Tebow is ... we should all have a good idea by mid November. If he doesn't work out, no harm. If he becomes quality fantasy currency then you have instant trade ammo.This one is going to be fun to watch. Tebow is one of those rare players that could be awesome or crap and anybody who is honest with themselves curently has no clue.
:thumbup:
i agree wholeheartedly. This was my plan and i already pulled the trigger and got the 1.01 and Brady for Tebow and Bowe (Bronco homer wanted him). Later turned Brady and my 2nd and 3rd next year into McCoy and 1st and 2nd round picks for a team likely to finish at or near the bottom of the league. With Ryan as QB starter i'm happy with the swaps, but if Tebow pushes his ceiling i may come to regret it. We shall see.

at the time they played OAK they were ranked (5th) against the pass.....when they played SD they were ranked (1st) against the pass....so your comment about weak pass defenses is inaccurate....
Look at Tebows numbers when the games were still close. Tebow put up most of his numbers in those two games in the 2nd half against prevent defenses. I wouldnt want to have to rely on garbage time for my QB to get ff points.I'm not saying what he did last season was bad, they were the first three starts of his career, so I didn't expect much, and thats exactly what he did...not much. People are looking at his fantasy points as a good sign for him. He will not start in the NFL very long if he doesnt become a much better passer/decision maker. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think he will be a starting QB for long. He is a football player no doubt, but I think he might be a better TE or FB.

In dynasty, I think he is a great canidate to roster if you have a top tier guy. You can have the luxury of waiting to see who the real Tim Tebow is ... we should all have a good idea by mid November. If he doesn't work out, no harm. If he becomes quality fantasy currency then you have instant trade ammo.This one is going to be fun to watch. Tebow is one of those rare players that could be awesome or crap and anybody who is honest with themselves curently has no clue.
:thumbup:
i agree wholeheartedly. This was my plan and i already pulled the trigger and got the 1.01 and Brady for Tebow and Bowe (Bronco homer wanted him). Later turned Brady and my 2nd and 3rd next year into McCoy and 1st and 2nd round picks for a team likely to finish at or near the bottom of the league. With Ryan as QB starter i'm happy with the swaps, but if Tebow pushes his ceiling i may come to regret it. We shall see.
A guy traded you Mccoy, his 1st & 2nd for Brady, 2nd and 3rd? And you say he is near the bottom of the league? Makes prefect sense.I thought getting Brady and the 1.1 for Bowe and Tebow was robbery until I saw that trade. Nice job for you, I hope your dog and cat dont drop out of the league once your team becomes dominant. ;)

Look at Tebows numbers when the games were still close. Tebow put up most of his numbers in those two games in the 2nd half against prevent defenses. I wouldnt want to have to rely on garbage time for my QB to get ff points.I'm not saying what he did last season was bad, they were the first three starts of his career, so I didn't expect much, and thats exactly what he did...not much. People are looking at his fantasy points as a good sign for him. He will not start in the NFL very long if he doesnt become a much better passer/decision maker. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think he will be a starting QB for long. He is a football player no doubt, but I think he might be a better TE or FB.
bolded.... :confused: ....besides lead all QB's in fantasy scoring the last 3 weeks.....

so you want a stud QB who only puts up points on a good team when he team is ahead and against non prevent defenses that are ranked towards the top of the league in the first half of the game....ok....got it....

And by "when the games were still close" you mean when they were still close early on, but not when they were close late after Tebow led them back, because that doesn't count, right?And while we're at it can we remove the 2nd half of the Oakland game since Denver went into the prevent offense to protect him in his first start (seriously...32 carries for 34 yards out of the running backs even when they were down by multiple scores)? Yeah...I didn't think so..Denver's defense still sucks. They're going to have plenty of garbage time next year, whether or not Tebow needs it.

And by "when the games were still close" you mean when they were still close early on, but not when they were close late after Tebow led them back, because that doesn't count, right?And while we're at it can we remove the 2nd half of the Oakland game since Denver went into the prevent offense to protect him in his first start (seriously...32 carries for 34 yards out of the running backs even when they were down by multiple scores)? Yeah...I didn't think so..Denver's defense still sucks. They're going to have plenty of garbage time next year, whether or not Tebow needs it.
I watched all three of the games he played at the end if the year. He looked very lost and didn't really do much until opposing defense basically let him. The Chargers were never in danger if losing that game. If you want to think that Tebow almost led them to a come from behind victory thats fine by me, its just not true. I'm not here to bash Tebow, I want him to succeed, but I just dont think he is an NFL QB.

bolded.... :confused: ....besides lead all QB's in fantasy scoring the last 3 weeks.....so you want a stud QB who only puts up on a good team when he team is ahead and against non prevent defenses that are ranked towards the top of the league in the first half of the game....ok....got it....
I dont think the Broncos organization cares about Tebows fantasy points.So you want to call a QB a stud because he has lots of fantasy points.....ok.....got it.....

'Go deep said:
'Stinkin Ref said:
bolded.... :confused: ....besides lead all QB's in fantasy scoring the last 3 weeks.....

so you want a stud QB who only puts up on a good team when he team is ahead and against non prevent defenses that are ranked towards the top of the league in the first half of the game....ok....got it....
I dont think the Broncos organization cares about Tebows fantasy points.So you want to call a QB a stud because he has lots of fantasy points.....ok.....got it.....
:lmao: no..... one of those guys in fantasy is probably called a "bust"..... :lmao: ...and most organizations would rather have their QB put up zero fantasy points each week...

i don't care what you call him...a stud...a #####... a gomer...a wannabe...etc....

I hate guys that score a lot of fantasy points when they play....

where's the forum on FBG's for "I Wanna Score the Least Amount of Fantasy Points As Possible This Week"...let's check the hits that one gets....

I'm not on this message board applying for a job as a NFL GM....

I could really care less what the organization thinks about his fantasy points...or lack thereof...he produced in fantasy when he got to play...he probably won a bunch of guys a championship as well as lost a bunch of guys one when they didn't start him those last three weeks....if you're not on board fantasy wise...no problem, plenty of reason not to be....but it ain't because he didn't produce when he got to play...it definately wasn't "not much"...

if a "stud" isn't someone who scores a lot of fantasy points then he has a lot of company at QB....start with the top 6 or so and move on....

'Go deep said:
'Stinkin Ref said:

so you want a stud QB who only puts up on a good team when he team is ahead and against non prevent defenses that are ranked towards the top of the league in the first half of the game....ok....got it....
:lmao: no..... one of those guys in fantasy is probably called a "bust"..... :lmao: ...and most organizations would rather have their QB put up zero fantasy points each week...

why are you here...i don't care what you call him...a stud...a #####... a gomer...a wannabe...etc....

where's the forum on FBG's for "I Wanna Score the Least Amount of Fantasy Points As Possible This Week"...let's check the hits that one gets....

I could really care less what the organization thinks about his fantasy points...or lack thereof...he produced in fantasy when he got to play...he probably won a bunch of guys a championship as well as lost a bunch of guys one when they didn't start him those last three weeks....if you're not on board fantasy wise...no problem, plenty of reason not to be....but it ain't because he didn't produce when he got to play...it definately wasn't "not much"...

if a "stud" isn't someone who scores a lot of fantasy points then he has a lot of company at QB....start with the top 6 or so and move on....
I'll try one more time. When I said I didn't expect much from him("not much"), and thats exactly what happened, I was referring to his ability to play QB in the NFL, NOT his fantasy production. I never said he didnt have alot of fantasy points in those 3 games either.

QBs who have a competition % in the 50 range tend to lose their starting jobs pretty quick. You can't score ff points from the bench.

Not sure why you are getting so worked up over it. Is just my opinion that he will never be a good NFL starter(or any kind of starter for very long). You disagree, thats fine, there is nothing wrong with that. I could be wrong, this is one of those cases I hope I am.

'Go deep said:
'Stinkin Ref said:

why are you here...i don't care what you call him...a stud...a #####... a gomer...a wannabe...etc....

I'll try one more time. When I said I didn't expect much from him("not much"), and thats exactly what happened, I was referring to his ability to play QB in the NFL, NOT his fantasy production. I never said he didnt have alot of fantasy points in those 3 games either.

QBs who have a competition % in the 50 range tend to lose their starting jobs pretty quick. You can't score ff points from the bench.

Not sure why you are getting so worked up over it. Is just my opinion that he will never be a good NFL starter(or any kind of starter for very long). You disagree, thats fine, there is nothing wrong with that. I could be wrong, this is one of those cases I hope I am.
he's played 3 games...trying to indicate that will be his career completion % is almost as crazy as me saying he will put up FF points every game like he did those 3 weeks....but to say he didn't show much is ridiculous.....if you ask anybody, including yourself, as you have kind of admitted....he actually outperformed expectations.....and you probably can't name one player in the NFL that has the want, desire, and pedigree to try to improve more than him....there is probably only one person that is really disapointed in the way he played those 3 weeks....and that's Tebow....and I'd be willing to bet...there isn't a player in the NFL right now that could care less about his "fantasy" points more than him...

Chief fan and Bronco hater here...if that matters

You're all a lot more convinced (on both sides of the argument) than I am. I don't pretend to have the foggiest clue what Tebow is going to do. But I'm damn happy he's on my developmental squad and I'm just as happy I have Romo, Schaub and Bradford ahead of him.

....he actually outperformed expectations.....
Although I was kind of on the other side of the argument - as I'm not quite ready to say that Tebow should be drafted amongst the top tier QBs and any league where he's not is lacking something - it would be tough for anyone to disagree with this statement.To me he's a great "upside" backup QB in re-draft leagues. If that means I lose out on him because some one else drafts him as a starter, then so be it. Obviously he has shown the ability to put up fantasy points (in fact on a point per games basis that was the greatest fantasy season ever for a rookie QB http://www.fftoday.com/articles/marcoccio/11_rookie_impact_qbs.htm), I'm just not sure that production is sustainable and the sample size leaves much to be desired.

'Go deep said:
'Stinkin Ref said:

How much longer do you think Tebow will be the Den starter?

'Go deep said:
'Stinkin Ref said:

I hafGte guys that score a lot of fantasy points when they play....

How much longer do you think Tebow will be the Den starter?
I'm not so sure he will start this season.

In one particlaur format (TD-based), I owned Kyle Orton, and scooped up Tebow off the waiver wire after the original drafter got sick of 0s.

The combination of Orton/Tebow ranked SECOND in the league in QB points (bonuses for rushing TDs) only to Manning.

1. Peyton Manning

2. Kyle Orton/Tim Tebow.

I'll take it, as unglamorous and unconventional as you wanna call it.

I finished as runner up, so I took home second place money with Orton/Tebow. :thumbup:

at the time they played OAK they were ranked (5th) against the pass.....when they played SD they were ranked (1st) against the pass....so your comment about weak pass defenses is inaccurate....he brings a different element to the game.....he is not your traditional drop back passer, neither is Vick....but he is working on it everyday, and really all he cares about doing is doing whatever it takes to win the game....I believe DEN will rally around this guy and use his skill set to their advantage....I hate the Broncos, but personally I think they will have him in some traditional sets/dropbacks, but also roll him out on bootlegs looking for the TE, etc coming back across the field.....much like what DEN did under Shanny when they had Plummer/Sharpe, etc....that play killed teams...also part of the reason I think DEN went out and got two very athletic TE's later in the draft....I think this team will be fun to watch on offense and very unpredictable....Tebow is going to have monster weeks, kid is a baller....I think he cracks top 10 of fantasy QB's with ease....
You have to be a Chiefs fan. I still have nightmares about the naked bootleg working again and again against the Chief D.

You have to be a Chiefs fan. I still have nightmares about the naked bootleg working again and again against the Chief D.
:yes: it seemed unstoppable

From the streets...

The Denver Broncos quarterback situation has been one of the strange stories over the past several weeks. It appeared that the Broncos would trade veteran quarterback Kyle Orton to the Dolphins. The trade fell through and Orton is back with the Broncos, presumably the starter. Tim Tebow was assumed to the the Broncos starter when the trade rumors began. Now he is battling to be the primary backup with Brady Quinn.

Tebow appears to be getting frustrated with the situation. "My dream, since I was a young boy, of being a starting quarterback in the NFL seemed to be coming true," Tebow told Woody Paige of the Denver Post outside the Broncos' locker room.

"Then, I felt like it was grabbed back away. . . ." He paused and didn't finish his sentence but instead finished drinking his quart of milk. :banned:

"I'm trying to insulate myself from what people in the media are saying, but I've seen some of it, and it hurts because it's coming from people who haven't seen me practice, haven't seen me play, haven't seen what I can do," he said. "I did an interview the other day with someone on the NFL Network who said last year I'd never play a down in the NFL. He was wrong.

"Others who say I won't make it are wrong. They don't know what I'm capable of and what's inside me. My family and my friends have been bothered by what's gone on, and I tell them to pay no attention to it. I'm relying as always on my faith."

Looking forward to him having to answer questions after a tough loss where things didn't go as planned...wonder if his faith will be able to conquer the media.

Its a win-win for Denver Bronco's

Its a win because Orton is a fine NFL QB and has a rapport with the WR's in Denver, especially B Lloyd.

If they keep Orton, they have a nice season, and Tebow keeps learning and the desire he has gets hotter to be the #1 there.

If a trade offer so good comes in, DEN trades Orton, Tebow gets the starting gig, fans are happy and Tebow has his chance to shine.

Looking forward to him having to answer questions after a tough loss where things didn't go as planned...wonder if his faith will be able to conquer the media.
Really?http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=4016429
He was admired and kept out of harm's way by Urban in Gainesville, JM made him a special project thru the draft last year, now he is face to face with Fox who probably doesn't want him on the field right now and IMO he might not be handling that so well. He said "it was taken from me"...almost like he feels entitled to the job. I'm just offering my perspective on what I am reading and surely there is room for differing opinions.

Word around the practice field today is that Quinn's really pushing Tebow for the 2 spot. Radio chatter is mostly about how Brady Quinn's actually looked better in every practice. Tebow's accuracy is not impressing John Fox and he's let it be known that everyone's starting even - play in practice will dictate your team spot. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tebow drop to 3rd string unless he really shows something in a preseason game (or Quinn doesn't).

Seems that all of our local media who are at the practices say Quinn looks better. Most of the local callers are defending Tebow (god knows why - maybe literally).

I wish the kid the best but he's just not looking good (especially with accuracy) right now. Too many people have the rose-colored glasses on in Denver right now, though.

Word around the practice field today is that Quinn's really pushing Tebow for the 2 spot. Radio chatter is mostly about how Brady Quinn's actually looked better in every practice. Tebow's accuracy is not impressing John Fox and he's let it be known that everyone's starting even - play in practice will dictate your team spot. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tebow drop to 3rd string unless he really shows something in a preseason game (or Quinn doesn't).

Seems that all of our local media who are at the practices say Quinn looks better. Most of the local callers are defending Tebow (god knows why - maybe literally).

I wish the kid the best but he's just not looking good (especially with accuracy) right now. Too many people have the rose-colored glasses on in Denver right now, though.
Is this really different than what anybody expected though? I can guarantee that if "play in practice will dictate your team spot" Tebow will never see the light of day in Denver. Because the only things you can do in practice (timing, footwork backing out from under center, defensive reads and delivery) are all Tebow's shortcomings. Some are lack of experience, some are physical limitations. Let's face it, he could work on all of those things his entire career and he'll never look better than slightly above average in practice. Conversely, all of Tebow's strengths (competitiveness, field vision, strength and footwork running with the ball), there's no way to display that in non-game situations. I think you can only truly evaluate Tebow on Sundays. Which is why I don't think he ever gets another shot in Denver. He'll need a team that's willing to unleash the good, the bad and the ugly of him - a coach that says, "just go out there and play the game kid".

That'll never happen in Denver.

Is this really different than what anybody expected though? I can guarantee that if "play in practice will dictate your team spot" Tebow will never see the light of day in Denver. Because the only things you can do in practice (timing, footwork backing out from under center, defensive reads and delivery) are all Tebow's shortcomings. Some are lack of experience, some are physical limitations. Let's face it, he could work on all of those things his entire career and he'll never look better than slightly above average in practice. Conversely, all of Tebow's strengths (competitiveness, field vision, strength and footwork running with the ball), there's no way to display that in non-game situations. I think you can only truly evaluate Tebow on Sundays. Which is why I don't think he ever gets another shot in Denver. He'll need a team that's willing to unleash the good, the bad and the ugly of him - a coach that says, "just go out there and play the game kid".

That'll never happen in Denver.
So do you have a particular system/team in mind in which he would flourish? Certainly Denver would be open to trading him, it seems.

I'm not sure it's as much about a system or particular team than it is about attitudes of the coaching staff on up. If I had to attach a name to it though, I think a guy along the lines of Rex Ryan would be a good fit. Rex thrives on a physical, "Don't matter how pretty it is as long as the job gets done" type of team identity. Tebow's game would translate well for team with a top 10 defense who's willing to overlook style points on offense.

Now that I think about it though, not sure how well that relationship would go if Tebow's busy saying 5 Hail Mary's every time Rex drops an F-Bomb.

Conversely, all of Tebow's strengths (competitiveness, field vision, strength and footwork running with the ball)...
Competitiveness. Field vision. Strength. Footwork running with the ball. Combine all those and they are solid foundational skills - for a Running Back. I could have great field vision but if I'm a QB and am not accurate then what's the use? Tebow's accuracy leaves much to be desired so far. As a Broncos Fan whose been to a few practices so far I can honestly say that I don't think Tebow can take us farther than Orton.And if Tebow will

never happen in Denver.
I would be a happy Broncos fan.I'm in the minority here in Denver, though, and get crushed on a daily basis for saying this. I'm sticking to my guns anyway.

He'll need a team that's willing to unleash the good, the bad and the ugly of him - a coach that says, "just go out there and play the game kid". That'll never happen in Denver.
Don't forget John Fox is a guy that stuck with Delhomme to the bitter end. You could make a case that he is more that type of coach that any other in the league.

I don't know much about this...but on the outside looking in...I'd be STUNNED if Tebow dropped to #3 past Brady Quinn and his 52% comp percentage and QB rating of 66.

He'll need a team that's willing to unleash the good, the bad and the ugly of him - a coach that says, "just go out there and play the game kid". That'll never happen in Denver.
Don't forget John Fox is a guy that stuck with Delhomme to the bitter end. You could make a case that he is more that type of coach that any other in the league.
I think he stuck with Delhomme because Jake had a history of previous success though. That, and the options behind him sucked.

Users who are viewing this thread