What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

** TNF on Prime Video - Chicago at Washington (-6, 45) ** 8:15 Kickoff (1 Viewer)

I'm interested to see how the Commanders D-Line does. They could be in for a dominant evening with all that talent and Chicago having a suspect offensive line.

I’m heading to the game tonight. Ready for it with my “I Survived the Snyder Era” shirt on.

Oh wow. Have fun and I'm happy for you that you have new ownership (if you're a Commanders fan, that is). That was a disaster of decades-long proportions. I remember being in D.C. when he bought the team and how his relationship with the media was never good. The media sniffed him out, and they were right.

Last edited:
I’m heading to the game tonight. Ready for it with my “I Survived the Snyder Era” shirt on.

Oh wow. Have fun and I'm happy for you you have new ownership (if you're a Commanders fan, that is). That was a disaster of decades-long proportions. I remember being in D.C. when he bought the team and how his relationship with the media was never good. The media sniffed him out, and they were right.
His funk didn't take long to permeate the entire DC metro area. I'm not sure I've ever seen one person so unanimously hated in the area - including politicians. The guy was a cancer. We could've gone 0-17 and I'd still consider getting him out a win for the year. Sorry - end rant.

Washington Team should hold serve at home. Chicago Team doesn't seem to show up for 4 quarters. Team from Chicago has many,many,many issues.
As a fan I just want to see a close game that isn't close because both teams play like it's their first football game ever. Hopefully team from Chicago can keep it close...

Team From Washington- 27
Team From Chicago- 20

Chiefs-Jets Sunday night
Seattle-Giants Monday night
Washington-Bears Thurday night

WTF? Horrible "prime time' games. I know the Sunday night games was supposed to be Mahomes vs Rodgers so I'll cut them a little slack there

Chance to watch Justin Fields, he still might be a good QB, we don't know
Chante to watch Sam Howell and see first hand if he has the same upside long term as Fields
Maybe an opp to see why Jahan Dotson hasn't gotten out of the starting blocks
DJ Moore quietly having a Top 15-20 season right now.

Washington defense could be a streaming option for some folks tonight

Wash 21...Chicago 17

Short week, sloppy play all around

Interested to see what Dotson and McLaurin do with a great matchup. Gotta be at least 1 TD between the two of them... maybe more?

Also interested to see what Fields does following his cherry matchup with Denver. Washington's D is obviously much better than Denver's, but Fields' legs might keep him fantasy-relevant. Just need to see if he can actually pass for 250+ against the Commanders' fairly-average, bend-but-don't-break secondary.

As an aside, can you pause the game on Prime or am I an idiot?

This is disruptive as I'm running to the beer fridge to grab another double IPA.

It's certainly not Dallas vs San Francisco, but I can't wait for this game. Bears trying to right the ship. Commanders with maybe their QB. Lots of reasons to watch. I'm always surprised to see people hate on a NFL game.
I think we learn a lot about both teams tonight. But as a closet Bears fan it kind of stinks that the other team has a head coaching advantage, and their HC is Ron Rivera

It's certainly not Dallas vs San Francisco, but I can't wait for this game. Bears trying to right the ship. Commanders with maybe their QB. Lots of reasons to watch. I'm always surprised to see people hate on a NFL game.
I think we learn a lot about both teams tonight. But as a closet Bears fan it kind of stinks that the other team has a head coaching advantage, and their HC is Ron Rivera

That's rough. I don't disagree. But that's rough.

If I'm the Commanders owner, this is a make or break game for Rivera and Del Rio. They have lost games that mattered to bad teams numerous times during his tenure. The Commanders rarely show up for games like this. That is on Ron. He will survive a while even with an L, but his job becomes tenuous. Hopefully they bring it tonight. But I'd be hesitant to put money on it despite the fact that he's clearly a better coach than what the Bears have. I think Eberflus is done immediately if he loses this one. They'd have 10 days to prep under a new coach.

Starting McLaurin in the one league I have him, in my two other leagues, Herbert & Robinson jr. But the support for Jahan Dotson here is of interest. I like Rashid Shaheed a lot, but after Derek Carr & he alone determined his availability & the coaches sat & watched, can they be trusted to list him independently and/or pull him when he obviously should be? It's as if this team is QB-centric even though their QB is JAG. Could be way wrong but believe Shaheed owners need to know Carr's a healthy start or see Winston instead. In leagues that score the return game, Shaheed is big.

Starting McLaurin in the one league I have him, in my two other leagues, Herbert & Robinson jr. But the support for Jahan Dotson here is of interest. I like Rashid Shaheed a lot, but after Derek Carr & he alone determined his availability & the coaches sat & watched, can they be trusted to list him independently and/or pull him when he obviously should be? It's as if this team is QB-centric even though their QB is JAG. Could be way wrong but believe Shaheed owners need to know Carr's a healthy start or see Winston instead. In leagues that score the return game, Shaheed is big.

Mind unpacking how we got to Shaheed? Do you have both he and Dotson and you're looking to start one?

Or am I missing something?

Mind unpacking how we got to Shaheed? Do you have both he and Dotson and you're looking to start one? Or am I missing something?
No, that's exactly right. You would think something internal has transpired, Carr has an incredibly short lease this week. So you wonder, they get behind, enter Winston & bombs away to their elusive deep threat. Would really like to know...

EDIT: Otherwise, Dotson in my WR2 slot.

No, that's exactly right. You would think something internal has transpired, Carr has an incredibly short lease this week. So you wonder, they get behind, enter Winston & bombs away to their elusive deep threat. Would really like to know...

Ah, I see. I did not get to watch the Saints game last week, so while I'm aware that Carr had a bad day throwing the football (especially deep passes), I'm unaware of what exactly transpired. I'm gleaning that either Winston or Hill were brought into the game to throw the ball deep or something like that.

So, yeah. Your point is a good one. Shaheed's effectiveness depends largely on Carr's health and we don't know what Carr's health is. So who to start, Shaheed or Dotson? Good luck. I've got very little for you because I don't know the finer points of what you're looking for.

All these comments and I didn't see one regarding Herbert and what he could do coming off his best week yet. Maybe that's just it and he won't do anything against this solid Defense and will go back to under 10 carries.

QB Proj
10. Justin Fields
14. Sam Howell

RB Proj
11. BRob Jr
22. Herbert
38. R. Johnson

WR Proj
12. DJ Moore
20. T.McLaurin...this is the area of Thielen, Ridley, Nacua and Hollywood Brown
35. Jahan Dotson...he's done mostly nothing, strictly a match up

TE Proj
10. C.Kmet...30+ in PPR last week

Def/ST
9. Washington...streaming option for many tonight

-Some of you are starting a few of these guys this week, especially with Bye weeks, not a lot of choice for some.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread