What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Toby Gerhart (1 Viewer)

Was sure I was starting McGahee over Gerhart... now not sure sure. :unsure:
same decision...McGahee's always one of those guys I bench when he plays well, then sucks when I've got him in. My gut says to play Gerhart so you should probably play McGahee based on my pitiful track record...

Just to give you an idea of the guys I will start ahead of him...

PPR league, benching Gerhart today at a flex RB/WR/TE position because DEN has done well keeping RB's out of the end zone, and who knows if Harvin will vulture Gerhart again at the goal line even if they do get down there. Also benching Turner because I can't trust him with the injury and I can't trust ATL to give him the rock even when he is running good. Leaves me with Anquan Boldin, Jonathan Stewart, Torrey Smith. Supposedly a crappy field at Cleveland, plus CLE has a very good pass D. Leaves me with Stewart against a terrible TB defense. Even with him sharing carries with Williams, I'm playing him instead of Gerhart. It isn't necessarily that I'm not sold on Gerhart being a decent back, it's the fact that his own team doesn't seem to be sold on him. If you're splitting carries with a WR, that isn't exactly a vote of confidence.

Just to give you an idea of the guys I will start ahead of him... PPR league, benching Gerhart today at a flex RB/WR/TE position because DEN has done well keeping RB's out of the end zone, and who knows if Harvin will vulture Gerhart again at the goal line even if they do get down there. Also benching Turner because I can't trust him with the injury and I can't trust ATL to give him the rock even when he is running good. Leaves me with Anquan Boldin, Jonathan Stewart, Torrey Smith. Supposedly a crappy field at Cleveland, plus CLE has a very good pass D. Leaves me with Stewart against a terrible TB defense. Even with him sharing carries with Williams, I'm playing him instead of Gerhart. It isn't necessarily that I'm not sold on Gerhart being a decent back, it's the fact that his own team doesn't seem to be sold on him. If you're splitting carries with a WR, that isn't exactly a vote of confidence.
Percy steals carries from AD as well. HTH.

Stealing from AD isn't even comparable to him stealing from Gerhart. AD can afford them, Gerhart can't. HTH

Users who are viewing this thread