What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tonight's Games (1 Viewer)

Shawn

Footballguy
Im excited to see Wilson or Flynn Tonight! what have you guys seen so far in tonights games from any prospects?

Not watching anything, just watching box scores. College football takes precedent. So, no idea what kind of defenses are out there. Assuming they are 2nd and 3rd string talent.

But....

Bradford having a big game. 175 and 3 tds in the first half against bodymore.

Megatron scored again. Surprised he even played. Proof that all this guy needs is 1 play to get you points. Stafford and him are going to pwn defenses this year... Again.

Green has scored two tds for green bay. One at the goal line and one pass. Bad news for people that have crowned benson the steal of the draft.

The JETS scored an offensive touchdown!!!! But... It was McElroy. Haha.

BJ Raji hurt first defensive play.

Ced Benson fumble first offensive play.

Alex Green 2 TD's, but something like 18 carries for 37 yards this preseason.

Graham Harrell looked really good.

Finley played first half with a really nice catch.

Gurley had a huge catch that might have won him a job but also probably could have caught another deep ball.

TCU fan here. Anyone know what happened to dalton? Just saw a teaser on nfl network acting as if he got injured.
saw that too
Andy Dalton - QB - BengalsAndy Dalton is done for the night after leaving Thursday's preseason finale with a bruised arm.Dalton was seen flexing his throwing hand, but was in good spirits and never left for the locker room. The Bengals are likely just exercising extra caution here. Dalton wasn't going to stay in the game much longer regardless. He finished the evening 3-of-4 for 26 yards.

Graham Harrell doing his best Matt Flynn impersonation - playing lights out when he's playing for a job. Gotta believe no QB trades for the Packers after tonight.

Titus Young has been targetted less than 3 times this entire preason if memory serves correct... and Ryan Broyles has not dropped a pass. He's a guy I've heard next to nobody mention anything about. Yeah... he's coming off surgery, but he's the NCAA all time leader in receptions going into the Detroit high powered offense. Isn't he a perfect slot guy?

Jake Locker finishes with 31/60 passing this preseason if my numbers are accurate. Is that gonna cut it?

Quizz finishes with 5-24-1TD. Anyone see the TD - between the tackles, around the end, a gimme?

Watched the first half of St. Louis/Baltimore. Relevant FF notes:

- St. Louis starting WRs were Amendola and Gibson.

- Bradford looked okay, but all of his snaps came against Baltimore's backups.

- Daryl Richardson got most of the RB snaps after Steven Jackson left the game and appears to the early frontrunner for the RB2 job.

- Bernard Pierce started for Baltimore and appears to be Rice's handcuff. He looks like a Shonn Greene type. Compact and powerful. Will take what's there, but will not make a lot of dynamic plays.

- Baltimore's backup offense is pretty bad. Tyrod Taylor got the start and didn't do much. Their WRs were mostly quiet.

What's everyone's opinion on Alex Green VS Benson?
Benson should get the carries and Green should get a lot of catches. For whatever reason, Green has just shown nothing running the ball which is strange because he certainly looks the part. He could get a chance if Benson puts the ball on the turf, though.

No reason to favor Green right now.Benson is the more accomplished and talented player. I suspect he'll get the first crack at the job. If he plays horribly for the first few weeks then maybe they'll give Green a chance.

- Daryl Richardson got most of the RB snaps after Steven Jackson left the game and appears to the early frontrunner for the RB2 job.

- Bernard Pierce started for Baltimore and appears to be Rice's handcuff. He looks like a Shonn Greene type. Compact and powerful. Will take what's there, but will not make a lot of dynamic plays.

- Baltimore's backup offense is pretty bad. Tyrod Taylor got the start and didn't do much. Their WRs were mostly quiet.
Can you describe Steve Smith's game? Was he on for 3 WR sets, playing which position? I see he had 3 targets to Gibson's 1, was Gibson getting most of the snaps though?

No reason to favor Green right now.Benson is the more accomplished and talented player. I suspect he'll get the first crack at the job. If he plays horribly for the first few weeks then maybe they'll give Green a chance.
Benson is horrible. Lifetime sub 4.0 YPC and that's when he's old. He isn't going to get many 3rd down carries anyway.I think Green takes the reigns in a few weeks. Whether he can do anything is something else. For a flyer pick though I will take his odds.

How good is Aaron Rodgers really? His receivers seem to make any QB look good
Makes me wonder if we may have overrated Russell Wilson's performance a bit against the Chiefs last week. They're moving the ball at will.Also makes you wonder if hanging on to Donald Driver could come back to haunt TT at some point. The Packers are going to have to let some very talented young WR's walk.

Quizz finishes with 5-24-1TD. Anyone see the TD - between the tackles, around the end, a gimme?
Jags turned it over around their own five. Quizz scored on a counter off-tackle. Defensive back had him one on one and dove at his ankles but didn't wrap up.

Benson is horrible. Lifetime sub 4.0 YPC and that's when he's old. He isn't going to get many 3rd down carries anyway.I think Green takes the reigns in a few weeks. Whether he can do anything is something else. For a flyer pick though I will take his odds.
Benson has also played on bad offenses his entire career. I understand why people are always itching to replace guys like him and Shonn Greene, but it's the old backup QB logic. Just because the starter is mediocre doesn't mean the guy behind him is better. Benson is a former top 5 pick coming off three straight 1000+ yard rushing seasons. At this point he is the clear favorite to start in a backfield that lacks dynamic players.

I'm looking for something....anything from this Alex Green character. People talking him up because he was next in line & his name isn't James Starks?????

Benson is the better player. Fairly obvious there. His carries might be limited because of the offense, but he's getting the majority of the carries there.

I haven't seen anything whatsoever, last year, this year to say this Alex Green guy is better than James Starks or Brandon Jackson. Just seems like such a meh runner. I've seen nothing to say the guy's even worth a roster spot. (Maybe keep a job in Brandon Jackson mold -- blocking/receiving back?)

Can you describe Steve Smith's game? Was he on for 3 WR sets, playing which position? I see he had 3 targets to Gibson's 1, was Gibson getting most of the snaps though?
Played early and often in 3 WR sets. Made a nice play to catch a ~50 yard pass while falling down. I think he'll be a big factor, given that Amendola and Gibson look below par.

I'm not sure I'd want to own any Rams WR though. Quick looks like he could be interesting in dynasty formats. Givens was really quiet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wilson, Turbin, LaMichael James, AJ Jenkins, Streater, Hillman and M. Floyd still to go tonight for dynasty leaguers scouting rookies?

Benson has also played on bad offenses his entire career. I understand why people are always itching to replace guys like him and Shonn Greene, but it's the old backup QB logic. Just because the starter is mediocre doesn't mean the guy behind him is better. Benson is a former top 5 pick coming off three straight 1000+ yard rushing seasons. At this point he is the clear favorite to start in a backfield that lacks dynamic players.
I doubt he gets the amount of carries that he garnered in Cincy (probably close to 300 if he had played all 16 last year). He also can't catch. Their coaches have already said he won't be a "3 down back". I had to watch Benson last year. He's an extremely slow, plodding, happy footed back who is now playing in a quick hitting offense. Its just a matter of time until GB realizes he's not as good a fit as all the people on FBG think he is.

I doubt he gets the amount of carries that he garnered in Cincy (probably close to 300 if he had played all 16 last year). He also can't catch. Their coaches have already said he won't be a "3 down back". I had to watch Benson last year. He's an extremely slow, plodding, happy footed back who is now playing in a quick hitting offense. Its just a matter of time until GB realizes he's not as good a fit as all the people on FBG think he is.
They should trade him to detroit

They should trade him to detroit
And he would be equally as bad there.

Speaking of coachspeak this doesn't exactly sound like a 110% endorsement...

Work to do: In Cincinnati, running back Cedric Benson was quick to interject that he made a mistake in protection amid a flood of questions about his six-carry, 38-yard rushing night last Thursday.His worst moment came late in the first half when Benson hesitated and blocked outside while the linebacker he was supposed to block, Thomas Howard, shot through the middle to sack AaronRodgers."Eventually, you'd like to see Cedric be in position to stay in there for all three downs," running backs coach Alex Van Pelt said. "But I don't think he's done a lot of third down."Until Benson becomes reliable as a pass blocker, the Packers have other options."Obviously, we've got a couple different plans on who the third-down back could be," Van Pelt said. "There's some comfort with John ( Kuhn). He's obviously the most experienced in our protection schemes and is in tune with the line calls." Brandon ( Saine) is a guy you like to see in there on third downs. Big-bodied guy that can protect."Alex Green has been up and down in protection. After the Cleveland game, guard Josh Sitton offered to buy him a steak dinner after he whiffed against defensive tackle Billy Winn and Green alertly picked him up."Our mantra in the room is, 'When in doubt, don't go out. Block it inside out,' " said Van Pelt. "I think Alex is coming, but pass pro is an acquired art. He will put his face in there."

"Eventually, you'd like to see Cedric be in position to stay in there for all three downs," running backs coach Alex Van Pelt said. "But I don't think he's done a lot of third down."
Yea, it's clearly a terrible sign when the running backs coach says he hopes Benson can eventually play on all three downs.

Greg The Leg Zuerlien short from 62 (by 1 yard according to Rams message board), makes 59 yarder.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Eventually, you'd like to see Cedric be in position to stay in there for all three downs," running backs coach Alex Van Pelt said. "But I don't think he's done a lot of third down."
Yea, it's clearly a terrible sign when the running backs coach says he hopes Benson can eventually play on all three downs.
I was referring to the coachspeak. You can read into that whatever you like. Seems to me a 29 year old back can't pass protect.I will concede he is the starter (for now). What I predict is that the offense will click better with someone else and he will be relegated to backup/goalline duty.

Users who are viewing this thread