What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tonight's Games (1 Viewer)

Its just a matter of time until GB realizes he's not as good a fit as all the people on FBG think he is.
Kinda humorous given numerous GB players & scouts have said he looks like tremendous fit.You can do the Google.
Coachspeak. They say lots of things this year. Especially for a player they just signed.
The bolded part kinda means they went out and CHOSE to pay him...so they probably actually do see him fitting in with their offensive plan...or else WTH would they have signed him? This aint coachspeak for some 3rd year player he's stuck with.

"Eventually, you'd like to see Cedric be in position to stay in there for all three downs," running backs coach Alex Van Pelt said. "But I don't think he's done a lot of third down."
Yea, it's clearly a terrible sign when the running backs coach says he hopes Benson can eventually play on all three downs.
Id hope the running backs coach would say something that. His job depends on making their #1 successful. Theres plenty of tape on what Benson is. Best case scenerio he's The packer version of BJGE, worse case Alex Green starts by the bye week.

Anywhere for watching the Seahawks game tonight?
Google search for first row sports and click on the American football tab. They always have the games if you're willing to cope with some pop-ups and spam ads.
Yeah just tried there but it won't load. :(
Just started for me...Are you using IE for your browser? Use Firefox or Chrome if so.EBF :thumbup:
Using Firefox. It pops up a window very briefly which closes immediately. I had set it to allow popups from it. Tried IE too but it wouldn't work either.

It works. I watch all kinds of soccer games on there.

Sometimes you have to try the other links or refresh.

The site is riddled with ads, but if you can tolerate that then you can usually get a pretty smooth broadcast.

It works. I watch all kinds of soccer games on there.Sometimes you have to try the other links or refresh.The site is riddled with ads, but if you can tolerate that then you can usually get a pretty smooth broadcast.
There's this thing called AdBlocker. Seek it out.

Anywhere for watching the Seahawks game tonight?
Google search for first row sports and click on the American football tab. They always have the games if you're willing to cope with some pop-ups and spam ads.
Yeah just tried there but it won't load. :(
Just started for me...Are you using IE for your browser? Use Firefox or Chrome if so.EBF :thumbup:
Using Firefox. It pops up a window very briefly which closes immediately. I had set it to allow popups from it. Tried IE too but it wouldn't work either.
I've got in on Firefox - maybe check you have the latest Flash?

"Eventually, you'd like to see Cedric be in position to stay in there for all three downs," running backs coach Alex Van Pelt said. "But I don't think he's done a lot of third down."
Yea, it's clearly a terrible sign when the running backs coach says he hopes Benson can eventually play on all three downs.
Id hope the running backs coach would say something that. His job depends on making their #1 successful. Theres plenty of tape on what Benson is. Best case scenerio he's The packer version of BJGE, worse case Alex Green starts by the bye week.
I'm not going to argue that Benson is anything special. He isn't. He's probably in the bottom 10 starting RBs in the league. However, in order to lose his job there would have to be a better option on the roster, and none of the horses in Green Bay's stables have better credentials. I totally get why fans call for players like Benson and Shonn Greene to be benched, but at the end of the day they are the best backs on their teams and that's why they play. Doesn't mean that a guy like Alex Green can't leapfrog him, but I don't see much in Green's profile to make me think that's likely. Benson was serviceable on the Bengals and he'll be playing with a much better supporting cast in Green Bay. I think there's good short term potential there.

Got it. Had to disable Flashblock entirely, it wasn't letting me launch the flash content normally.

I was referring to the coachspeak. You can read into that whatever you like. Seems to me a 29 year old back can't pass protect.I will concede he is the starter (for now). What I predict is that the offense will click better with someone else and he will be relegated to backup/goalline duty.
Who was expecting him to play 3rd down? It's going to be Saine or Alex Green.Was going to post why Benson would be their 2 down bruiser, but you did a terrific job for me :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
2 turnovers by the Bolts, one a Gates fumble, now a Rivers pick in the RZ. Kaep came halfway thru the first 49er drive, and led both TD drives, one after the Gates TO.

Kaep with another TD throw. Throws a lot better on the run than from the pocket. Nice arm and effortless motion.

Seahawks running all over Oakland right now with Lumpkin and Taua.

Seahawks running all over Oakland right now with Lumpkin and Toua.
Lumpkin is looking pretty quick and impressive.Not sure how much stock you put in the final game of the preseason, or (sadly) in the Raiders defensive depth, but if I'm Carroll, I'd certainly throw Lumpkin some more change-up touches during the season.

Dixon looked good on his short yardage carries for the 49ers so far tonight. Looks like he runs a bit too upright, but the results have been good so far. Something to stash away for people in TD heavy leagues if Gore misses time - seems like Dixon would be the short yardage guy, even if Hunter gets the majority of the carries overall.

Taua is looking hardnosed out there too. Not sure he wil lmake the suqad, but he is definitely making his case. They should try to keep him as a fullback.

Beanie looks real solid running.

Ryan Lindley with a badly underthrown INT intended for Floyd. (It was overturned by questionable roughing the passer penalty)

Dixon looked good on his short yardage carries for the 49ers so far tonight. Looks like he runs a bit too upright, but the results have been good so far. Something to stash away for people in TD heavy leagues if Gore misses time - seems like Dixon would be the short yardage guy, even if Hunter gets the majority of the carries overall.
Dixon is on the bubble I think, but he has had a pretty good pre-season. Good enough for Harbaugh to keep, I dunno.

'drummer said:
'Gr00vus said:
Dixon is on the bubble I think, but he has had a pretty good pre-season. Good enough for Harbaugh to keep, I dunno.
Looks like he's good for max/min 3 yards a carry. James looks like an oompa loompa out there. Reuland (spell check needed) showing some nice hands.

saw a couple good, tough runs from Knowshon tonight.
He's looked pretty good. His 17 yard run was tremendous run blocking.JMO He should be the 3rd down back for the Broncos. (Give Hillman a redshirt year / if he progresses late in season, bring him in for the fresh legs)Maybe if that happens, deal Moreno around the Week 9 deadline if a team needs a back.Hard to tell if they're showcasing him or not. IMO He's the 2nd best back on the team ...right now. With his ability in blitz pickup, I don't know why they'd deal him (unless another team blows their socks off with offer)

When Bruce Irvin learns how to play NFL ball... he is going to be really exciting to watch. He's on fire.

saw a couple good, tough runs from Knowshon tonight.
He's looked pretty good. His 17 yard run was tremendous run blocking.JMO He should be the 3rd down back for the Broncos. (Give Hillman a redshirt year / if he progresses late in season, bring him in for the fresh legs)

Maybe if that happens, deal Moreno around the Week 9 deadline if a team needs a back.

Hard to tell if they're showcasing him or not. IMO He's the 2nd best back on the team ...right now. With his ability in blitz pickup, I don't know why they'd deal him (unless another team blows their socks off with offer)
It sure seemed like a showcase. :popcorn:

Per KFFL:

New Orleans Saints CB Johnny Patrick (knee), WR Joseph Morgan (arm), RB Travaris Cadet (undisclosed) and SS Jose Gumbs (undisclosed) each suffered injuries in the preseason game Thursday, Aug. 30.
Anyone know the severity of the injuries to Morgan and Cadet?

'EBF said:
'Abspara said:
'EBF said:
'whodeywhodey said:
I'm not going to argue that Benson is anything special. He isn't. He's probably in the bottom 10 starting RBs in the league. However, in order to lose his job there would have to be a better option on the roster, and none of the horses in Green Bay's stables have better credentials. I totally get why fans call for players like Benson and Shonn Greene to be benched, but at the end of the day they are the best backs on their teams and that's why they play. Doesn't mean that a guy like Alex Green can't leapfrog him, but I don't see much in Green's profile to make me think that's likely. Benson was serviceable on the Bengals and he'll be playing with a much better supporting cast in Green Bay. I think there's good short term potential there.
Don't forget Alex Green is recovering from an ACL tear in week 7 last year. He's 9 months into an 18 month recovery.

'EBF said:
'Abspara said:
'EBF said:
'whodeywhodey said:
Don't forget Alex Green is recovering from an ACL tear in week 7 last year. He's 9 months into an 18 month recovery.
Yep and he's been on a play count.In PPR leagues Green could be worth starting. His blocking is getting better and he has good speed and can take screens to the house. He's been a late round pick in a lot of drafts lately.

'12punch said:
Greg The Leg Zuerlien short from 62 (by 1 yard according to Rams message board), makes 59 yarder.
this guy might be the steal of the the nfl draft
If the Rams only get close enough for 60 yd FGs in preseason, this guy will really need to work on his distance for the regular season.
If the defense keeps giving up 6's, it will be tough to send him out for the 3's.

Users who are viewing this thread