What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Top 10 RBs After Week 2 (1 Viewer)

Pots

Footballguy
This should be interesting to see how people's ranking of the top 10 RBs change from preseason, to just after 2 weeks, and then look back at the end of the year.

Here's mine:

Non-PPR

1. CJ2K

2. Adrian Peterson

3. Frank Gore

4. M.Turner

5. R.Rice

6. A.Foster

7. J.Best

8. S.Jackson

9. L.McCoy

10. MJD

PPR

1. CJ2K

2. Adrian Peterson

3. Frank Gore

4. R.Rice

5. A.Foster

6. J.Best

7. M.Turner

8. MJD

9. S.Jackson

10. M.Forte

To be honest, I can see a lot of people moving around as things are volatile, What's your list?

No one wants to take a stab? Your ranking are unchanged after 2 weeks? Sure it's just week 3 but 2 regular season games tells you a lot more than 4 preseason games.

I didn't have MJD in my preseason top 10 and I sure as heck don't have him there now.

No order:

LBJ

ADP

Gore

Sjax

Foster

Turner

Ronnie Brown

Rice

Forte

Close to making it on the list: McCoy, McFadden. DeAngelo, Best

Any top-10 that doesn't include McFadden is void. He is leading the NFL in touches & has been extremely productive. He may not stay in the top-10, but he's top-5 thru 2 games.

Pots said:
This should be interesting to see how people's ranking of the top 10 RBs change from preseason, to just after 2 weeks, and then look back at the end of the year.Here's mine:Non-PPR1. CJ2K2. Adrian Peterson3. Frank Gore4. M.Turner5. R.Rice6. A.Foster7. J.Best8. S.Jackson9. L.McCoy10. MJDPPR1. CJ2K2. Adrian Peterson3. Frank Gore4. R.Rice5. A.Foster6. J.Best7. M.Turner8. MJD9. S.Jackson10. M.ForteTo be honest, I can see a lot of people moving around as things are volatile, What's your list?
Just out of curiosity...why would you have McCoy rated in the top 10 in non-PPR, but outside of it in PPR? I would think it would be the other way around personally.

-McFadden still needs to open some eyes, but I believe he will do so by week 8 or 9...but it's not a SURE thing just yet, time will tell...but I'd put him on the list at #9 or #10, as long as the Raiders will throw to him when they are behind by 14 in the 4th quarter.

-I think Forte(top 5 in PPR, imo), ....(although he has had some bad weeks running the ball, will average around 5-10 receptions a game for 50-100 yards and a TD or two, the guy could make the switch full-time to WR and make an NFL roster, imo...guy just has that amazing ability to catch the ball with his head turned the wrong way, or with his body off-balance, in addition to making all of the catches he is paid to make)...will start to put up, at the very least, some average games running the ball(15-20 carries for 60-80 yards, with more chances at a the goal line than most RB's, again assuming that the Bears D is playing like a healthy Lovie Smith defense is supposed to play..ala creating/forcing turnovers that put Chicago in scoring position) most weeks. It doesn't appear as though Chester Taylor is much of a threat, although he is a must own if you have Forte, and hell, is worth a spot on any roster as a #5-8RB due to the beatings that will be put on Forte(making the odds of an injury increase slightly). In a non PPR, I'd still put him at #8-10, simply because he is an RB in Martz system(and Martz has seemingly matured/wisened up, meaning he is calling plays that allow Cutler to get rid of the ball quickly) possibly meaning more quick passes to Forte/Taylor, make sense? It's all guess-work, but I don't think it's a stretch to beleive that Forte will be a fantasy monster this season, time will tell.

-Moreno, Caddilac, and Mendenhall may creep fairly high(or low, what is it?) by fantasy playoff time, as you can't argue with the number of touches they are receiving. And touches/chances/etc is so very important in the NFL/fantasy football. Also, any RB playing for a new contract/in a contract year? This list may be relevant, assuming those backs may have put in a bit of extra work in the off-season, and may be a bit more motivated that they usually are to produce at a high level. This is far from a guaranteed fact, but for some personalities it plays a role. Any list/site that shows such a thing(contract/etc)?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Jaguars looked awful. MJD did not close out last year on a hot streak - his ypc plummeted. There were numerous injury rumors floating about. He really wasn't in my top 10. I've said it in quite a few threads.

No particular order:

CJ2K

Best

Gore

Forte (PPR only)

P. Thomas - he may be getting 25 touches per game now (includes receptions)

Peterson

McCoy

Bradshaw

Rice

Foster

Just missed:

MJD

McFadden

Just out of curiosity...why would you have McCoy rated in the top 10 in non-PPR, but outside of it in PPR? I would think it would be the other way around personally.
He's on the cusp either way, but I see backs like Forte (who was also on the cusp non PPR) surpassing him.

I didn't have MJD in my preseason top 10 and I sure as heck don't have him there now.

No order:

LBJ

ADP

Gore

Sjax

Foster

Turner

Ronnie Brown

Rice

Forte

Who is LBJ? I'm guessing Chris Johnson, but I don't get the lingo of this generation. And I thought he was CJ2K. Please explain this to me as if I were 34.

I am honestly delighted to see how much the vikings are actually throwing to ADP. I think it goes CJ, ADP, Gore here on out and the rest will be in heavy flux

No order:

LBJ

ADP

Gore

Sjax

Foster

Turner

Ronnie Brown

Rice

Forte

Who is LBJ? I'm guessing Chris Johnson, but I don't get the lingo of this generation. And I thought he was CJ2K. Please explain this to me as if I were 34.
terrible nickname for Chris Johnson ... Light Blue Jesus

terrible nickname for Chris Johnson ... Light Blue Jesus
Disagree. LBJ is a fantastic nickname :blackdot:Hell that nickname has been around on this forum longer than you have (early 08) :shrug:

Pots said:
This should be interesting to see how people's ranking of the top 10 RBs change from preseason, to just after 2 weeks, and then look back at the end of the year.Here's mine:Non-PPR1. CJ2K2. Adrian Peterson3. Frank Gore4. M.Turner5. R.Rice6. A.Foster7. J.Best8. S.Jackson9. L.McCoy10. MJDPPR1. CJ2K2. Adrian Peterson3. Frank Gore4. R.Rice5. A.Foster6. J.Best7. M.Turner8. MJD9. S.Jackson10. M.ForteTo be honest, I can see a lot of people moving around as things are volatile, What's your list?
I dont understand how you have Mccoy in top ten in non ppr but not in ppr.. Mccoy is more valuable in ppr and I have him in my top 5.. no list without mccoy in ppr in top 10 is void imo

LBJ stands for light blue jesus huh??? LOLOLO that got me laughing that was great... thats an awesome nick name

No order:

LBJ

ADP

Gore

Sjax

Foster

Turner

Ronnie Brown

Rice

Forte

thats light blue jesus nugget ... need anything more be said????

Non-PPR

1. CJ2K

2. AD

3. Gore

4. Rice

5. Best

6. Turner

7. Pierre

8. Forte

9. Sjax

10. Foster

11. Addai

12. Mccoy

Pots said:
Non-PPR:CJADPRiceMJDGoreFosterTurnerSjaxbestmccoypprcjriceMJDBestADPFosterMccoyForteGoreSjaxYes, i may be biased on Best, Foster and Forte since i own Best in most of my leagues (ok, 2 out of 3, so "most" gives the wrong impression), and Forte/Foster in 1. The back i really wished I owned is Mccoy. I'm ashamed to say that I allowed the "experts" to talk me out of owning Mccoy. I actually picked Jonathan Stewart over Mccoy which was a horrible error in judgement. Also, in my main ppr/keeper league, i can't believe at picked LT over Mcfadden at pick 109. I was this close to picking Mcfadden, but then a massive error in judgement caused me to go the opposite direction. Now i'm offering Brandon Jackson AND LT for Mcfadden, but i doubt the owner of MCfadden gives way.

I'm really surprised to see Forte ranked in all of these top 10 lists. I own him in a non-PPR league and it feels like I'm playing on borrowed time with Forte. His rushing performances have been underwhelming, particularly at the goal-line, and I'm not convinced he can keep up at this pace.

I have been trying to trade up Forte to someone with less risk, but to no avail. So, yeah, pretty surprising to see him in so many top 10s.

Any top-10 that doesn't include McFadden is void. He is leading the NFL in touches & has been extremely productive. He may not stay in the top-10, but he's top-5 thru 2 games.
LOL he may not stay in the top 10, but any ranking that doesn't include him is void?I'd bet a large sum that McFadden doesn't finish the year in the top 10.

LOL he may not stay in the top 10, but any ranking that doesn't include him is void?I'd bet a large sum that McFadden doesn't finish the year in the top 10.
Or top 20 for that matter.

I might take that bet. How much do you want to bet he won't finish top 20? The only way I can see him NOT finishing that high is with injury.

The Jaguars looked awful. MJD did not close out last year on a hot streak - his ypc plummeted. There were numerous injury rumors floating about. He really wasn't in my top 10. I've said it in quite a few threads.
But you had/have R Brown in? That's where the :potkettle: sets in.You're reasoning is that the Jags look awful, MJD didn't close the year on a hot streak, and injury concerns.The Phins don't look great, Brown couldn't finish last year (has he ever finished an NFL season?), and he's coming off a major injury.So if you have those concerns about MJD and he isn't top 10, why is Brown?

I'm really struggling with where some of these lists have Mendenhall (i.e. most of them don't).

A few points:

Mendy is 5th in the league in carries - and still maintaining an unpectacular, yet solid 4.2 YPC - even when everybody on the planet knows the ball is going to him, with no QB back there.

Many of the "new guys" on the list have high YPC that they will likely not come close to maintaining. (Foster's 5.8 and McCoy's 6.7...and don't even get me started on Snelling).

Mendy is a borderline top 10 RB in most leagues - with Snelling and others ahead of him that likely will not be there in a few months (McFadden and THT once he starts splitting time with Beanie as examples).

Sleep on Mendy if you like, but his stats should get better when the Steelers actually have a viable passing attack - and like I said, Mendy is holding up near the top 10 even without one.

Pots said:
Non-PPR:CJADPRiceMJDGoreFosterTurnerSjaxbestmccoypprcjriceMJDBestADPFosterMccoyForteGoreSjaxYes, i may be biased on Best, Foster and Forte since i own Best in most of my leagues (ok, 2 out of 3, so "most" gives the wrong impression), and Forte/Foster in 1. The back i really wished I owned is Mccoy. I'm ashamed to say that I allowed the "experts" to talk me out of owning Mccoy. I actually picked Jonathan Stewart over Mccoy which was a horrible error in judgement. Also, in my main ppr/keeper league, i can't believe at picked LT over Mcfadden at pick 109. I was this close to picking Mcfadden, but then a massive error in judgement caused me to go the opposite direction. Now i'm offering Brandon Jackson AND LT for Mcfadden, but i doubt the owner of MCfadden gives way.
Gore 5th in non ppr and 9TH IN PPR is ridiculous :hophead: The man is top 3/4 ppr.....period!

But you had/have R Brown in? That's where the :shrug: sets in.You're reasoning is that the Jags look awful, MJD didn't close the year on a hot streak, and injury concerns.The Phins don't look great, Brown couldn't finish last year (has he ever finished an NFL season?), and he's coming off a major injury.So if you have those concerns about MJD and he isn't top 10, why is Brown?
BUMPSo hows that whole Ronnie Brown is top 10/MJD isnt thing working out for you?

But you had/have R Brown in? That's where the :shrug: sets in.You're reasoning is that the Jags look awful, MJD didn't close the year on a hot streak, and injury concerns.The Phins don't look great, Brown couldn't finish last year (has he ever finished an NFL season?), and he's coming off a major injury.So if you have those concerns about MJD and he isn't top 10, why is Brown?
BUMPSo hows that whole Ronnie Brown is top 10/MJD isnt thing working out for you?
BUMP for Winky...MJD now 7th in both Standard and PPR.Ronnie Brown now t26th in Standard, and 28th in PPR.

I might take that bet. How much do you want to bet he won't finish top 20? The only way I can see him NOT finishing that high is with injury.
I'll still take this bet even though he didn't do much last week. :lmao:

But you had/have R Brown in? That's where the :lmao: sets in.You're reasoning is that the Jags look awful, MJD didn't close the year on a hot streak, and injury concerns.The Phins don't look great, Brown couldn't finish last year (has he ever finished an NFL season?), and he's coming off a major injury.So if you have those concerns about MJD and he isn't top 10, why is Brown?
BUMP for Winky...MJD now 7th in both Standard and PPR.Ronnie Brown now t26th in Standard, and 28th in PPR.
I'm pretty sure we all have misses, but (even though it looks like he only picked 9 :shock: ) but the rest of his list is pretty good. Ronnie Brown is a giant fail though.

Users who are viewing this thread