What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tough losses in the Championship (1 Viewer)

snogger

Footballguy
Let's just start with :ptts: and get it over with ;)

Our championship came done to the Saints-Falcons game.

All my players were done and I was up 23 points, he had Roddy White left.

With 2 minutes and 10 seconds left I am up 1 Point and starting to feel :excited:

Then Redman completes a 8 yard pass to Roddy White to give him 127 yards...( We give 1 Point per reception and 1 point for every 10 yards.)

2 Points and BOOM, I'm done. Lost 221-220(Championship was combined points over two weeks) :kicksrock:

Of course, right after that play, Roddy goes to the sidelines and doesn't play another down.

Guess There is always next year.. :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's just start with :ptts: and get it over with ;)Our championship came done to the Saints-Falcons game. All my players were done and I was up 23 points, he had Roddy White left.With 2 minutes and 10 seconds left I am up 1 Point and starting to feel :excited: Then Redman completes a 8 yard pass to Roddy White to give him 127 yards...( We give 1 Point per reception and 1 point for every 10 yards.) 2 Points and BOOM, I'm done. Lost 121-120 :kicksrock:Of course, right after that play, Roddy goes to the sidelines and doesn't play another down. Guess There is always next year.. :banned:
My league not my team - won on the garbage time Brees record pass BS. The 9 yard TD bumped Brees over 300 yards. So that play received 6 for the TD plus a 5 point bonus over 300 yards. 11 points. He was down 10 up until that point. The loser is not very happy with the Saints :ptts: It's actually funny when it's not you... :mellow:

Let's just start with :ptts: and get it over with ;)Our championship came done to the Saints-Falcons game. All my players were done and I was up 23 points, he had Roddy White left.With 2 minutes and 10 seconds left I am up 1 Point and starting to feel :excited: Then Redman completes a 8 yard pass to Roddy White to give him 127 yards...( We give 1 Point per reception and 1 point for every 10 yards.) 2 Points and BOOM, I'm done. Lost 221-220(Championship was combined points over two weeks) :kicksrock:Of course, right after that play, Roddy goes to the sidelines and doesn't play another down. Guess There is always next year.. :banned:
My main league also came down to that play. 101-100 final.

Pretty much the same situation for me. My team was up one point going into the fourth and then White's few catches that quarter ended it as a 2 point loss for me. In my 22 years of playing, I have never seen such a close Championship game.

I tied 108-108. First tie breaker is highest scoring starter. He has Cam Newton-30 points. I have Tom Brady-29 points.

Of course, if I start Wes Welker instead of AJ Green, it doesn't matter......

Yeah I got pretty unlucky

I got a first round bye week 14 and scored 141. Last week I scored 164. (PPR)

This week I only scored 127 and he scored 136. Didn't help that I got 24 points from McCoy, Moss, Steve Smith and Witten combined. Usually McCoy gets 24 on his own.

Oh well.

Redman completes a 8 yard pass to Roddy White to give him 127 yards
That same play brought our championship game to within 0.5 points, where it ended. The champion won by 0.8 points in the week 15 semifinal, and 0.5 points in the week 16 final. Closest I've seen in a championship game in 15+ years....

Yeah I got pretty unlucky

I got a first round bye week 14 and scored 141. Last week I scored 164. (PPR)

This week I only scored 127 and he scored 136. Didn't help that I got 24 points from McCoy, Moss, Steve Smith and Witten combined. Usually McCoy gets 24 on his own.

Oh well.
Yep.. so to speak he cost me the championship.. His worse week for me in our league before the Dallas game was 15 points, then he goes and scores only 5.. Of all weeks to lay an egg :(

Could be worse...my starting QB for both of my Championship games? Tony Romo...yeah, sucks losing a championship game before it was even started.

I tied 108-108. First tie breaker is highest scoring starter. He has Cam Newton-30 points. I have Tom Brady-29 points. Of course, if I start Wes Welker instead of AJ Green, it doesn't matter......
You deserve to lose. You benched Wes Welker.
Agree completely, which is why I can't be too upset. All three of my receivers were on the injury report (Welker, Green, Marshall.) Just made a bad choice on which guys to roll with. Ah well, that's why we love this game.

Yeah I got pretty unluckyI got a first round bye week 14 and scored 141. Last week I scored 164. (PPR)This week I only scored 127 and he scored 136. Didn't help that I got 24 points from McCoy, Moss, Steve Smith and Witten combined. Usually McCoy gets 24 on his own.Oh well.
You can't feel too bad. If you played instead of having that bye, you would have scored 164 then...and still lost this week. The players do what they do. Bad week for McCoy.

Let's just start with :ptts: and get it over with ;)Our championship came done to the Saints-Falcons game. All my players were done and I was up 23 points, he had Roddy White left.With 2 minutes and 10 seconds left I am up 1 Point and starting to feel :excited: Then Redman completes a 8 yard pass to Roddy White to give him 127 yards...( We give 1 Point per reception and 1 point for every 10 yards.) 2 Points and BOOM, I'm done. Lost 221-220(Championship was combined points over two weeks) :kicksrock:Of course, right after that play, Roddy goes to the sidelines and doesn't play another down. Guess There is always next year.. :banned:
That's tough, no doubt. But let's say that last play didn't happen. Would your opponent be saying the same thing about a Roddy White drop that cost him the championship? You can always pick a play or two that "determined everything" but they didn't occur in a vacuum. Losing on another Roddy drop would have been frustrating on the other side, too.

I tied 108-108. First tie breaker is highest scoring starter. He has Cam Newton-30 points. I have Tom Brady-29 points. Of course, if I start Wes Welker instead of AJ Green, it doesn't matter......
Agree completely, which is why I can't be too upset. All three of my receivers were on the injury report (Welker, Green, Marshall.) Just made a bad choice on which guys to roll with. Ah well, that's why we love this game.
Agree with Warrior, that was a really, really bad call. AJ has been solid, but Welker has been back and forth with Calvin for the top spot. Welker has been on the injury report for weeks now with the "knee" issue, so not like he had a new injury or there was a chance he would miss time. AJ's injury was new and was uncertain about playing. I have had AJ in 2 of my 3 and Welker in the other one and there is no way I ever would have thought about benching Welker for AJ as much as I have liked him when AJ was 100% healthy.

Could be worse...my starting QB for both of my Championship games? Tony Romo...yeah, sucks losing a championship game before it was even started.
:goodposting: He was starting for me in one championship and what he had been averaging per game lately (last two weeks I win easy) was basically the difference in my loss. Oh well, if he hadn't been on a hot streak maybe I am not even in the championship.

Lost in the finals. My opponent had his highest point total of the year. A total that I exceeded last week by 23. But this week, I had my lowest point total of the season in a non-bye week game. Such is the randomness of fantasy football.

That's tough, no doubt. But let's say that last play didn't happen. Would your opponent be saying the same thing about a Roddy White drop that cost him the championship? You can always pick a play or two that "determined everything" but they didn't occur in a vacuum. Losing on another Roddy drop would have been frustrating on the other side, too.
Agreed.. Just a tough way to lose.. Had McCoy produced in double digits, as he had done every week except this one, I'd have won comfortably. :kicksrock:

Lost by 3 points. Kahlil Bell fumbles at the goal line and his offensive lineman carries it in for the TD I needed.

Guy I was playing was up by 50 going in to Sunday Night. I had two players left, Rodgers and Graham. He lost by less than 5

Was gonna play Grossman over Romo because I liked his matchup and knew if the Giants won, Romo might sit.

I lost 109-95

Grossman scored 16 points.

Lost by 3.4 in a total points league. Was up 23 coming into the week and Romo killed me. I had a chance Monday night down a little over 13 with Jimmy Graham going but it didn't happen.

My league not my team - won on the garbage time Brees record pass BS. The 9 yard TD bumped Brees over 300 yards. So that play received 6 for the TD plus a 5 point bonus over 300 yards. 11 points. He was down 10 up until that point. The loser is not very happy with the Saints :ptts: It's actually funny when it's not you... :mellow:
I lost in 2005 on a similar "set the record" incident.Seattle was playing Indy in Week 16 when the Colts were resting basically everyone after the first quarter. Up 21-6, the Seahawks had taken Alexander out after he had gained 138 yards and a TD. He had tied the most TDs in a season record -- broken by Tomlinson the next season -- with his score earlier that day. In garbage time, backup Maurice Morris ran from the 14 to the 1 yard line. In came Alexander to set the record at home. One carry, one yard, one TD, six points bigger deficit for me. I had Brady on MNF, and he wasn't even certain to play all day. He played into the fourth quarter and had several chances at the third TD I needed to win. He didn't get it, and I lost by 1.5. Without the push to set the record enabling Alexander to be re-inserted, I would have won by 4.5 points. :ptts:

Top team in the league, went 11-2 in PPR league with:

Brees

L.McCoy, Fred Jackson, SJax

M.Wallace, N.Washington, D.Nelson

Hernandez,

Rackers, CHI DEF

As the season progresses, he picks up Torrey Smith, DeMarco Murray, Laurent Robinson to fill some holes. By week 16, things are not looking as great. FJax has been gone for weeks; DeMarco is lost a week before the playoffs. The matchups for his remaining players might be the worst all season.

For week 16, Torrey Smith draws Joe Haden (after Boldin is ruled out), SJax playing vs. PIT, Wallace has Batch throwing the ball. After the games start, L.McCoy goes out with ankle injury, Laurent gets McGee at QB after Romo exits...only Brees puts up his typical numbers.

Sometimes it just ain't your week.

Agreed.. Just a tough way to lose.. Had McCoy produced in double digits, as he had done every week except this one, I'd have won comfortably. :kicksrock:
Just saying not to feel too bad about the loss. It happens, as this thread proves.

Lost 178.65-172.50, I had 3 start/sit decisions and whiffed them all.

I sat Harvin and started Nicks and Herandez, I sat C-Campbell (plaeyd him the last 7 weeks) and started Mark Anderson I sat C-Wake and started Worilds (thought he might do something with Woodley out, WRONG).

My opp had Heyward-Bey and had the KC kicker made the FG to end regulation and the game not gone to OT I would have won since Heyward-Bey caught a 53 yard pass (6.3) in overtime.

I also had Peterson who probably scores easily another 6.2 if he doesn't get hurt on the 1st play of the 3rd quarter.

I also had Julio who nearly caught a 2nd TD but his feet were out of bounds.

I also have Finley who scored 11.75 pts in the 1st 5 minutes of the game and scored 0 the rest of the way.

Hernandez barely missed a TD on a shoe string tackle.

Mile Austin got a garbage TD and not my guy Dez Bryant.

I own Fred Jackson and my opponent beat me with Spiller.

When you lose a close one you look at every single possible thing that cost you the game and it will sit with you for a long long time.

Agree with Warrior, that was a really, really bad call. AJ has been solid, but Welker has been back and forth with Calvin for the top spot. Welker has been on the injury report for weeks now with the "knee" issue, so not like he had a new injury or there was a chance he would miss time. AJ's injury was new and was uncertain about playing. I have had AJ in 2 of my 3 and Welker in the other one and there is no way I ever would have thought about benching Welker for AJ as much as I have liked him when AJ was 100% healthy.
Add me to pile on. Wes Welker career vs. Miami.9 138 2 5 49 0 6 55 0 8 120 09 84 0 10 167 0 8 70 08 160 2 12 138 0The last "bad" game he had vs. the Phins was over 3 years ago.

Just saying not to feel too bad about the loss. It happens, as this thread proves.
:hifive:Actually feeling pretty good to get that far.. Entered the playoffs stumbling as the #4 seed. As I said the Championship game is combined score over two weeks and I went into the final week down 20 so to almost pull it out was a good accomplishment.

I lost in 2005 on a similar "set the record" incident.Seattle was playing Indy in Week 16 when the Colts were resting basically everyone after the first quarter. Up 21-6, the Seahawks had taken Alexander out after he had gained 138 yards and a TD. He had tied the most TDs in a season record -- broken by Tomlinson the next season -- with his score earlier that day. In garbage time, backup Maurice Morris ran from the 14 to the 1 yard line. In came Alexander to set the record at home. One carry, one yard, one TD, six points bigger deficit for me. I had Brady on MNF, and he wasn't even certain to play all day. He played into the fourth quarter and had several chances at the third TD I needed to win. He didn't get it, and I lost by 1.5. Without the push to set the record enabling Alexander to be re-inserted, I would have won by 4.5 points. :ptts:
LOL! Exactly what I was thinking the moment Brees broke the record. In 2005 I was playing against the SA owner. He ended up winning by 5 points. Had Morris not gotten tackled at the 1 yard line, I woulda won by 1 pt. *shrugs*

'gandalas said:
lesson learned: don't ever start Romo during your fantasy playoffs, he flounders in December.

'gandalas said:
lesson learned: don't ever start Romo during your fantasy playoffs, he flounders in December.
So he gets hurt means he "flounders" in December. His STATS, which fantasy football goes off of are actually good in December. It's the TEAM'S record that is bad in December. Which last time I looked, didn't mean a thing to fantasy football.

Dude in my league won thanks to the garbage time td Brees threw to Sproles...sadly the guy who was the 8th seed going in to the playoffs beat the #1 seed, then beat the #4 seed and was beating the #2 seed in the title game - would have been a great Cinderella story, but then Brees going for the record when the game was already out of reach = no soup for you. The guy that won is a good guy, so no hard feelings but what a way for an improbable run to come to an end.

Not as bad as some above, but lost due to the Miles Austin super garbage time pointless TD.

Also frustrating was the improbable Cruz 99yd TD, but that was early on, and didnt decide the game.

Update...

Stat correction ALMOST gave me the victory on Wednesday.

Due to a stat correction we ended up in a tie 221-221..

ESPN rules state that in case of a tie, the highest seeded team wins.. He was the #2 seed, I was #4

Ouch :sadbanana:

So close... But can only assume his reaction had the stat correction given me the victory.

Users who are viewing this thread