What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade: Ajayi for Bilal Powell. (1 Viewer)

(his) Ajayi for (my) Powell

• Yes

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Counter offer (give details)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

brainee

Footballguy
Just had this offer come through to me very early in the morning. This is a 10-team PPR redraft ESPN league. I receive Ajayi and I give Bilal Powell - straight up trade.

On the surface, it certainly looks appealing. A buy low on Ajayi for a sell high on Powell. I have Ajayi on another team and know he's been frustrating so far. But Powell's only had the one good game himself (with a couple of other Jets RBs who could compete for touches on a bad team). Due to injury my RB corps is decidedly mediocre. Feels like I have a bunch of RB2s and RB3s, without any RB1s. Maybe Ajayi can be that guy? My RBs are:

CJ Anderson, Bilal Powell, Tarik Cohen, Latavius Murray, Tevin Coleman, James White, and David Johnson ( :( )

The other team doesn't have much that interests me besides Ajayi. Only AJ Green would be good enough to crack my starting lineup ( I already have Mike Evans, Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill, and Adam Thielen and you only have to start 2 WRs). He has Forte.

What do you think? I'm very tempted to accept, since I have depth for mid-level RBs and taking a chance on getting an RB1 seems like it's worth it. Team is doing ok so far (3-1 record).

If you leave a link I'll try to answer yours in return. Thanks

I'd do it.  Take away this past week and Powell isn't doing any better than Ajayi.  And if Powell didn't break that one run for 75 yards he would have rushed for over 100 yards in any game yet this year.

For me it's that Ajayi is the better player.  And looking at the rest of the season, I think that will average out to Ajayi being better than Powell in fantasy even if Powell beats him a week or two.

It would be different if the Jets had an explosive offense.  

It really could go either way, but I'm board with buying Ajayi low.  

Last edited by a moderator:
ya i like buying ajayi low and selling powell high right now for your roster because of ajayi's upside and powells potential snap sharing with forte later in the season

It's worth the risk.  I think McGuire will start to cut into Powell's touches where Ajayi doesn't have much competition (just a bad team - not that the Jets are better).

Users who are viewing this thread