What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Deadline Thread (1 Viewer)

Brandin Cooks not seen during open portion to start practice for the Texans. Ian just said nothing is imminent. I'd say Cooks, Hines and Chubb are the players I'd be most surprised to not see moved today.

Hunt's the one I see the most but I'm getting pretty negative on that about now.

Honestly, I don't know why the Packers haven't done anything to help their flailing offense. You would think they would go after a Cooks or a Claypool. They really need to move Dillon for picks or a WR.
Cooks cap is too much. Packers have no room.
Cap is almost meaningless in certain ways. No doubt if a team wants it...they can get it done cap wise.
Would love to see Cooks go to GB.
Sure. Big cost but would be a help. His next year hit plus Rodgers contract is what hurts them there .
Last i ready they aren’t pursuing him at the moment (likely because of that)

Though reading now there was some sort of extension making it easier for him to be moved?
:popcorn:

Almost NHL-level trade deadline. Wish my subscriber contest rooster was still alive for all the crazy moves like Wilson

-QG

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
Shocker: The #Falcons are trading WR Calvin Ridley to the #Jaguars, sources say, in exchange for complex draft compensation that can be worth at maximum a 2023 5th rounder and a 2024 2nd rounder. Ridley is suspended through at least the 2022 season.
If he gets reinstated next year its a 6th.
If he's reinstated before then it's a 5th.
If he makes the Jags roster in 2024 its a 4th.
If he hits certain play-time milestones it's a 3rd.
If he and the Jags reach a long term deal its a 2nd.

per Rapoport

Buffalo Bills ‘Interested’ In Trade for Raiders RB Josh Jacobs?​

Despite being well-stocked at nearly every position, the Buffalo Bills would likely be open to adding the services of a feature running back

I’d laugh at that idea but wow, if it happens that’s huge

The #Broncos are trading for #Jets pass-rusher Jacob Martin, source said, one of several players expected to fill the void left by Bradley Chubb. Denver is giving up a 4th round pick in 2024 in exchange for a 2024 5th.

Per Rapoport

I just want to thank you fellas for updating this thread so I don't have to use twitter. :thumbup:
I’m an old 37 year old man and my friends make fun of me because I don’t know how to use Twitter.

I get soooooo lost in it.
I'm 53. I'm just happy I can still tie shoelaces. Add twitter to that and I might be eating pudding.
Kids these days. Go back to your Tic Toc and velcro shoes.

Take your pick from Bill Belichick's quotes about social media . . .

“I don’t Twitter, I don’t MyFace, I don’t Yearbook.”
“Twitter account, InstantFace, I don’t have any of that.”
“I don’t know. MyFace, YourFace, InstantFace.”
"Not on SnapFace, not too worried what they put on InstaChat.”

Brandin Cooks not seen during open portion to start practice for the Texans. Ian just said nothing is imminent. I'd say Cooks, Hines and Chubb are the players I'd be most surprised to not see moved today.

Hunt's the one I see the most but I'm getting pretty negative on that about now.

Honestly, I don't know why the Packers haven't done anything to help their flailing offense. You would think they would go after a Cooks or a Claypool. They really need to move Dillon for picks or a WR.
https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson
JosinaAnderson
@JosinaAnderson

As of 8am this morning I'm told "it was looking like Green Bay was potentially going to offer the best deal for Chase (Claypool)," per league source. Obviously the #Bears have swooped in and nabbed the #Steelers WR.
If true, it makes this deal even sweeter. :)
Not if it's the Bears 2nd rounder instead of Baltimore's.
The comment was about swooping in and taking something the Packers wanted, regardless of which pick they gave up.

Seems to be the Bear's 2nd, not the Ravens.

I just want to thank you fellas for updating this thread so I don't have to use twitter. :thumbup:
If you don't use the FantasyLife app, why even play fantasy.
never heard of it
by far the fastest breaking news right to your phone. Can set up notifications just for breaking news, or for all news if you don't mind it going off a dozen times a day.
sleeper isn't so bad
It's about a full minute behind fantasylife which can be a big deal with pickups

No trade for #Texans WR Brandin Cooks, source said. There were talks. But nothing came of it.

Per Rapoport

Users who are viewing this thread