What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade deadline - what offensive player is going where? (1 Viewer)

Chase has looked OUTSTANDING so far this year. And if Washington only gets a 3rd...I think that's selling way cheap...but we did the same with Trent Williams, what's new... :wall:

DPJ to the Lions. 6th round pick

Wow. What's that say about Jamo?
My thoughts exactly.

My guess is DPJ runs off coverage so Amon-Ra, LaPorta, and Gibbs can feast underneath, but feels troubling that they don't trust Williams to do that.

Yes, Marvin Jones is out, but its not like Reynolds and Raymond were bad. Kinda surprised the Lions got a WR, would have guessed DB would be their target if anything.

Correct me if wrong here but it seems Dobbs was better earlier in the season with a valid RB in James Conner. With the Vikes backfield being what it is - not very good - will Dobbs be able to make much of a difference? Fantasy wise, will he be able to support 2 pass catchers? No idea, but the defenses in that division aren't as good as the NFC west so maybe that's a reason to hope? (Addison owner here)
Definitely some unknowns/uncertainties from a fantasy standpoint. I doubt they’ll let Doubs air it out 40+ times like Cousins did, but unless the run game steps it up, they may not have a choice. At least Dobbs can use his legs,unlike Cousins, to extend drives. Ultimately, they may just slow the pace, which obviously isn’t great for overall fantasy numbers either.

And people said today would be lame for trades.

If you're Niners fan it's Xmas early.

Chase Young was probably the most overrated EDGE I can think of in recent memory. This guy went #2, right? They didn't even want to pick up his fifth-year option. That, my friends, is a bust.
Eh, might fare better with Bosa next to him. :shrug:
I am not so sure. Washington had a studly DL with Allen, Payne, and Sweat. Yes Bosa may be better than those guys but as a unit that was pretty good.

Chase Young was probably the most overrated EDGE I can think of in recent memory. This guy went #2, right? They didn't even want to pick up his fifth-year option. That, my friends, is a bust.
I am not so sure. Washington had a studly DL with Allen, Payne, and Sweat. Yes Bosa may be better than those guys but as a unit that was pretty good.
I mean, Young has been having a great year. Maybe he just had a slow start to his career.

I mean, Young has been having a great year. Maybe he just had a slow start to his career.
Any injuries. He tore his ACL in that time frame

Any injuries. He tore his ACL in that time frame
Yeah. A little good health and he’s been a beast.

Seems like a bad deal for WAS.

He was DROY and then tore his ACL in year 2. Year 3 had numerous complications. Finally healthy year 4.

Arik Armstead is pretty freaking good. I'd argue every bit as good as Payne.

Arik Armstead is pretty freaking good. I'd argue every bit as good as Payne.
Niners have the nastiest DL in the NFL. At least 1B to PHI.

I'd certainly prefer Chase Young to Travon Walker. Though I thought at the time Washington should have taken Tua at #2.

Worth noting that since Rivera took over in Washington, they have now traded SF Chase Young and Trent Williams for 2 3rds and a 5th.

ETA: I don't think Chase Young has been a bust, I think he's been injured and in a bad organization. Pretty confident we'll look back and wonder how the 49ers pulled this one off too.

Worth noting that since Rivera took over in Washington, they have now traded SF Chase Young and Trent Williams for 2 3rds and a 5th.

Trent Williams wasn't going to play for them because they misdiagnosed his brain cancer and he was rightfully furious about the medical staff and how the Commanders handled it. They had no real leverage in the matter because Williams basically said he'd retire.

Young has been a bust by any objective measure. He couldn't get his fifth-year picked up (for an EDGE, at that savings relative to the position, that's doubly bad) and he was just traded for a third. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the #2 overall pick. Could he turn it around? Sure, guys have done it before. He apparently has the 13th best pressure rate of all pass rushers this year. But for Washington, he was an oft-injured bust. He was having a terrible year before he went down with the ACL that year, so it hasn't been all injuries.

Last edited:

ETA: I don't think Chase Young has been a bust, I think he's been injured and in a bad organization. Pretty confident we'll look back and wonder how the 49ers pulled this one off too.
It’s a compensatory pick, too. Isn’t that like closer to a fourth than a third? Basically they got Chase Young for DeMeco Ryans.

Trent Williams wasn't going to play for them because they misdiagnosed his brain cancer and he was rightfully furious about the medical staff and how the Commanders handled it. They had no real leverage in the matter because Williams basically said he'd retire.

Young has been a bust by any objective measure. He couldn't get his fifth-year picked up (for an EDGE, at that savings relative to the position, that's doubly bad) and he was just traded for a third. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the #2 overall pick. Could he turn it around? Sure, guys have done it before. He has apparently got the 13th best pressure rate of all pass rushers this year. But for Washington, he was a oft-injured bust. He was having a terrible year before he went down with the ACL, so it hasn't been all injuries.
Agree somewhat on Williams, they had to deal him, but they sure didn't get much.

I fully disagree on Young. He's been fine to really good when he's been healthy. I don't knock him because Washington sucks at managing their roster. Not that PFF is the end all be all, but Chase Young has never been lower than 30 at DE in his career. His "bad" 2021, he was 24th.

In other deadline news, or lack thereof, I'm truly baffled that KC is apparently just rolling with what they have at WR.

One man's trash is another man's treasure. But most of the time it just ends up being another man's trash. So far I see every side receiving the pick(s) being the winners.

Young has been a bust by any objective measure. He couldn't get his fifth-year picked up (for an EDGE, at that savings relative to the position, that's doubly bad) and he was just traded for a third. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the #2 overall pick. Could he turn it around? Sure, guys have done it before. He has apparently got the 13th best pressure rate of all pass rushers this year. But for Washington, he was a oft-injured bust. He was having a terrible year before he went down with the ACL, so it hasn't been all injuries.
Agree somewhat on Williams, they had to deal him, but they sure didn't get much.

I fully disagree on Young. He's been fine to really good when he's been healthy. I don't knock him because Washington sucks at managing their roster. Not that PFF is the end all be all, but Chase Young has never been lower than 30 at DE in his career. His "bad" 2021, he was 24th.

In other deadline news, or lack thereof, I'm truly baffled that KC is apparently just rolling with what they have at WR.
:goodposting:. The bears give up about the 35th pick in the draft to get a 27 year old and on the same day negotiating with the same team the Niners get the 24 year old former no 2 overall pick who is chiseled like a Greek God for around the 90th pick. And I think if Chase Young is healthy is a stud, he consistently disrupts the pocket.

I would not be happy if I was a Minnesota fan.
Dobbs is fine and probably an upgrade over Mullens. The trader itself was totally fine by me.

This is just me talking, but I wanted Winston or Wentz. Basically a short-term, go-for-broke type move for the season and if they suck so what. But, I thought they had the highest ceiling of players potentially available and the fact that their floors are very low arguably helps as well. .

Brissett was my preferred "safe" choice. But. yeah, with Dobbs I may be able to watch a playoff game.

Dobbs is fine and probably an upgrade over Mullens.

This is just me talking, but I wanted Winston or Wentz. Basically a short-term, go-for-broke type move for the season and if they suck so what. But, I thought they had the highest ceiling of players potentially available.

Brissett was my preferred "safe" choice.
In the end who they got cost them moving back from a 6th to a 7th.

Seems like a green M&M instead of a yellow M&M.

We’ll see how it looks in practice, but on paper it’s hardly an upgrade.

The question is whether Hock, JJ, & Addison are QB-proof.

I expect the volume to be low.

Dobbs is fine and probably an upgrade over Mullens. The trader itself was totally fine by me.

This is just me talking, but I wanted Winston or Wentz. Basically a short-term, go-for-broke type move for the season and if they suck so what. But, I thought they had the highest ceiling of players potentially available and the fact that their floors are very low arguably helps as well. .

Brissett was my preferred "safe" choice. But. yeah, with Dobbs I may be able to watch a playoff game.
I almost wonder if Wentz is being black balled, or he's a head case or if theres something we are privy to hear. The guy was a near MVP in philly and Tommy Devito is throwing NFL passes over him? Is he looking for too much money?

This is just me talking, but I wanted Winston or Wentz. Basically a short-term, go-for-broke type move for the season and if they suck so what. But, I thought they had the highest ceiling of players potentially available.

Brissett was my preferred "safe" choice.
In the end who they got cost them moving back from a 6th to a 7th.
Right, which is fine.

I almost wonder if Wentz is being black balled, or he's a head case or if theres something we are privy to hear. The guy was a near MVP in philly and Tommy Devito is throwing NFL passes over him? Is he looking for too much money?
Yeah I don't entirely get it myself. Wentz has to be better than guys like Devito, Mullens, Rypien, Zappe, etc.

I can understand that maybe he's now in the Kaepernick bucket where he brings too much baggage in to be a backup, but with Minnesota looking for an immediate starter I definitely thought he should be on the radar.

Users who are viewing this thread