What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trading #2 for #17 and #32 (1 Viewer)

only by a hundred points or so? that's 6 per week. That's massive.

Its VERY hard for me to trade away my first rounder in any redraft league, it just puts you at such a disadvantage. For me, its the equivalent of the Ricky Williams trade by the Aints.

$89 for Player #2

vs.

$44 for Player #17 + $31 for Player #32 = $75.

That trade is lopsided by $14 so I'd definitely not do the trade. I would probably trade pick #3 for #17 and #32 because my dropoff after #1 and #2 is fairly large.

Here's the deal. I traded the 17th and 32nd pick for the 2nd pick in the draft. I now have the 2nd and 8th pick. My reasoning behind the trade was to get SJAX and hopefully Parker, Addai or Rudi. Then, in the 4th I would get one of the top QBs. If you have three 1st tier studs you can build around them and have a solid team if you've done the research. I really want to do a mock draft and see what it would turn out like.

I have also received an offer from the 12th team, who doesn't know I've made the trade, for my 8th pick. He's offering me his 2nd and 3rd round picks. So, if I make that trade, I've essentially moved up 6 places in the 1st rnd for 4 picks lower in the 2nd and 3rd.

It's a gamble to trade away my 2nd and 3rd, I know, but I value SJAX more than R. Brown and top teir 2 WR. Brady wouldn't make it back to me in the 3rd... too many Pats fans in my league.

By the way, the points I was referring to were to point difference in the calculator, not fantasy points.

If your the team that gets Steve Jax go for it. With the #8 pick I would have to see who is left to get a rb or probably the best WR in your draft. Heck you can get Peyton Manning if your league scores qb high. A lot of options with the 8th pick. The second pick is a no brainer.

Here's the deal. I traded the 17th and 32nd pick for the 2nd pick in the draft.
Excellent trade for you as you are getting the #2 pick. Keep trading like this in the preseason and you have the league won before the first game is played.

I have been offered the 13th and 36th pick for my 8th. I have the 2nd pick locked up due to my previous trade and I'm thinking of taking it because I am a little nervous about not having any 2nd or 3rd round picks. What do you guys think? Should I do the trade? If not, my 3rd pick comes in the fourth round.

How do you project the players falling? Any chance of getting Rudi or possibly even Henry at 13?

Here is what I project:

LT

SJ :shrug:

Addai

Gore

LJ

Manning

Alexander

Parker

Bush

Westbrook

McGahee

Chad Johnson

Looks like some nice talent might still be there.

I have been offered the 13th and 36th pick for my 8th. I have the 2nd pick locked up due to my previous trade and I'm thinking of taking it because I am a little nervous about not having any 2nd or 3rd round picks. What do you guys think? Should I do the trade? If not, my 3rd pick comes in the fourth round.
I like this trade only becuase I think what you can get at 13 will be just as good at what you can get a 8 (with good drafting).

Users who are viewing this thread