What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Twitter (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deleted mine a couple of weeks back.  Might jump on TicToc or whatevs.  The Athletic was a decent replacement as I don't care much for "breaking news" anyway.

It’s going to be fascinating to watch how far he goes with allowing people back on the platform and if it results in a mass exodus of the elites that give it perceived clout in the first place, like big celebs, journalists and pundits. And then where do they go? Will a super-woke version replace it, with Twitter relegated to Truth Social/Parler status?

For me, there’s nothing better than Twitter for breaking news, sports content and gossip. It’s a good diversion for 15 or 20 minutes a day, and you get the very latest on stuff happening in real time (NFL trades, the Kanye circus, etc.). To the extent that it becomes a medium for any discourse that really matters, it quickly becomes a cesspool of bs, echo chambers, and amplifying fringe nutjobs. Avoid that nonsense and enjoy it for the hot takes and laughs, and you’ve got something really cool.

The three top Twitter executives whom Elon Musk fired Thursday will walk out the door with about $187 million of Musk’s money.

Former CEO Parag Agrawal, former CFO Ned Segal and former Chief Legal Officer Vijaya Gadde were ousted after Musk took control of the company late Thursday, according to a source familiar with the situation.

They would have received a large chunk of that money even if they had stayed on board under the new ownership – they and other shareholders will receive payouts from Musk after he bought their shares for $54.20 each.
Agrawal, who only assumed the CEO title a little less than a year ago, had the smallest stock holdings of the three: 155,000 shares worth $8.4 million at the price Musk paid. Segal will get $22 million for the 406,000 shares he owns while Gadde will walk away with $34.8 million for her 642,000 shares.

But they also receive “Golden Parachute Compensation” in the merger agreement approved by shareholders. That includes a year’s base pay – $1 million for Agrawal and $600,000 each for Segal and Gadde. They also will get a year of health insurance, worth about $73,000 among the three.

The most lucrative part by far is the accelerated vesting of stock they stood to receive in the future but had not yet qualified for. That will end up being worth $56.4 million for Agrawal, $43.8 million for Segal and $19.4 million for Gadde. Agrawal and Segal get the accelerated vesting of all of their shares while Gadde gets accelerated vesting of only half of her shares.

Added up, the parachute payments come to $121.8 million. Add on the $65.2 million for the purchase of the shares they already own and you get $187 million.

The three top Twitter executives whom Elon Musk fired Thursday will walk out the door with about $187 million of Musk’s money.

Former CEO Parag Agrawal, former CFO Ned Segal and former Chief Legal Officer Vijaya Gadde were ousted after Musk took control of the company late Thursday, according to a source familiar with the situation.

They would have received a large chunk of that money even if they had stayed on board under the new ownership – they and other shareholders will receive payouts from Musk after he bought their shares for $54.20 each.
Agrawal, who only assumed the CEO title a little less than a year ago, had the smallest stock holdings of the three: 155,000 shares worth $8.4 million at the price Musk paid. Segal will get $22 million for the 406,000 shares he owns while Gadde will walk away with $34.8 million for her 642,000 shares.

But they also receive “Golden Parachute Compensation” in the merger agreement approved by shareholders. That includes a year’s base pay – $1 million for Agrawal and $600,000 each for Segal and Gadde. They also will get a year of health insurance, worth about $73,000 among the three.

The most lucrative part by far is the accelerated vesting of stock they stood to receive in the future but had not yet qualified for. That will end up being worth $56.4 million for Agrawal, $43.8 million for Segal and $19.4 million for Gadde. Agrawal and Segal get the accelerated vesting of all of their shares while Gadde gets accelerated vesting of only half of her shares.

Added up, the parachute payments come to $121.8 million. Add on the $65.2 million for the purchase of the shares they already own and you get $187 million.

The money is irrelevant compared to the mission.

Sometimes, wealthy people have "eff you" money and use it to get their point across. Elon Musk has "eff ME" money, meaning even if it hurts me (Elon), it's worth doing for a different cause.

It’s going to be fascinating to watch how far he goes with allowing people back on the platform and if it results in a mass exodus of the elites that give it perceived clout in the first place, like big celebs, journalists and pundits. And then where do they go? Will a super-woke version replace it, with Twitter relegated to Truth Social/Parler status?

For me, there’s nothing better than Twitter for breaking news, sports content and gossip. It’s a good diversion for 15 or 20 minutes a day, and you get the very latest on stuff happening in real time (NFL trades, the Kanye circus, etc.). To the extent that it becomes a medium for any discourse that really matters, it quickly becomes a cesspool of bs, echo chambers, and amplifying fringe nutjobs. Avoid that nonsense and enjoy it for the hot takes and laughs, and you’ve got something really cool.

Honestly I don't think he'll give any of them their twitters back. I think like like a past guy he just likes making promises he doesn't keep. A neighbor of mine Son worked for Musk at Tesla for a number of yrs. He made a lot of empty promises to employees about better pay and benefits etc etc. Lied to people constantly about promotions and fired people for just asking questions or disagreements. There's also a **** ton of inappropriate behavior the company covered up by Elon. Sooner or later everything will come out. It's not a matter of if but when.

Last edited:
Really have have no idea what happened or why ....
Have you tried getting the account turned op under the new management yet?
Elon has made it clear nothing is changing, including reinstatements, until a commission he’s putting together decides on what the new policy will be.

In other words he's already coming up with how he can blame someone else for not keeping a promise he could never keep in the first place. This guy would make a great politician

Elon has made it clear nothing is changing, including reinstatements, until a commission he’s putting together decides on what the new policy will be.

In other words he's already coming up with how he can blame someone else for not keeping a promise he could never keep in the first place. This guy would make a great politician
Or he’s just, you know, taking a thoughtful considered approach before making a huge decision. Crazy I know.

Or he’s just, you know, taking a thoughtful considered approach before making a huge decision. Crazy I know.
Very reasonable for sure. I think Elon's words around the purchase of Twitter created expectations that he may take a more maverick approach. Financially, it probably makes the most sense for him to regulate Twitter in a pretty similar manner as to how it's being managed now.

Trusting a guy who lies constantly already I'd take anything Elon promises with a huge grain of salt.

Honestly I don't think he'll give any of them their twitters back. I think like like a past guy he just likes making promises he doesn't keep. A neighbor of mine Son worked for Musk at Tesla for a number of yrs. He made a lot of empty promises to employees about better pay and benefits etc etc. Lied to people constantly about promotions and fired people for just asking questions or disagreements. There's also a **** ton of inappropriate behavior the company covered up by Elon. Sooner or later everything will come out. It's not a matter of if but when.
Yep. I was born and raised in Fremont. A lot of people I went to HS with worked at the plant. My one friend was sexually assaulted by a executive. She got about a half million payout to leave and keep it quiet.

Yep. I was born and raised in Fremont. A lot of people I went to HS with worked at the plant. My one friend was sexually assaulted by a executive. She got about a half million payout to leave and keep it quiet.

Terrible work environment and even a more terrible person. Musk lies cheats and steals. I don't see him lasting long at twitter or if he does what he wants I think he ends up losing money in it more then adding. Something will happen where he has to sell the company.

Terrible work environment and even a more terrible person. Musk lies cheats and steals. I don't see him lasting long at twitter or if he does what he wants I think he ends up losing money in it more then adding. Something will happen where he has to sell the company.
Yep. My other friends who worked on the assembly lines have all since quit. They hated working at Tesla. They all burned out super quick. I have toured the plant twice. It’s super impressive. But the employees all look super depressed.

EDIT: I guess technically I have toured the plant 3 times. The first was when I was on a Cub Scout field trip and they were making Saturns and Toyota’s haha

Last edited:

Yep. My other friends who worked on the assembly lines have all since quit. They hated working at Tesla. They all burned out super quick. I have toured the plant twice. It’s super impressive. But the employees all look super depressed.

EDIT: I guess technically I have toured the plant 3 times. The first was when I was on a Cub Scout field trip and they were making Saturns and Toyota’s haha

Yeah can't have an environment like that.

Watching Musk/Twitter, Zuckerberg/Meta, Tom Brady, and Kanye West all go through accelerated, self-inflicted implosions at the same time is certainly entertaining, however, it'll be difficult to follow once Twitter itself collapses. It is the best medium to watch it all go down :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread