What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UDFA -- Homeless Rookies (1 Viewer)

From the Lansing State-Journal about ex-MSU players with tryouts. Also an interesting tidbit about Bears draftee Kellen Davis TE. I think Saint-Dic has a shot with KC.

April 28, 2008

Saint-Dic and SirDarean to Chiefs

Jonal Saint-Dic will get his NFL shot with the Kansas City Chiefs.

He'll be joined there by former MSU teammate SirDarean Adams. Also, Jehuu Caulcrick has signed a free agent deal with the New York Jets, and Nehemiah Warrick went with the other N.Y. team, the Giants. They join Pete Clifford (Arizona), Travis Key (Minnesota) and Ogemdi Nwagbuo (Giants) as MSU guys who have confirmed deals.

Along with draftees Devin Thomas, Kellen Davis and Ervin Baldwin, they give MSU the potential for 10 more pros when the '08 NFL season opens, a good number for this program. Still no word at this point on other hopefuls such as Kenny Shane, Eric Andino and Terry Love.

All these guys, by the way, were recruited to MSU by John L. Smith (and half of them, by the way, were JUCO recruits). Which reminds me, there has been a lot of response today on the story of John L. and/or his former MSU staff having some negative things to say about Davis. Most of the response has been venom for John L.

This is a strange story because it involves what is usually confidential information. We don't have any explanation from the former staff on these supposedly confidential conversations -- but we do have the Bears volunteering the fact that the former coaches were critical of Davis.

Here's the thing to remember: If you were in the position of those coaches and were asked by NFL execs to evaluate a player, you would say what you really felt. If someone in your field asks for an honest evaluation of someone you work with or used to work with, you'd better tell what you believe is the truth. Otherwise, it could come back to bite you.

But then, you should also expect that your evaluation won't be made public.

Patriots:East Carolina OL Josh CoffmanIllinois DL Chris NorwellLiberty OLB Vince ReddAlabama DE/OLB Keith SaundersVirginia TE Jonathan StuparPortland State DL Casey Tyler.TWO MORE ROOKIES IN FOR TRYOUTS: North Dakota State P Michael Dragosavich and Troy RB Kenny Cattouse are scheduled to attend the Patriots' rookie minicamp this upcoming weekend on a tryout basis, according to their representatives.
Any updates for the Pats UDFAs ?I think BenJarvus and Guyton are in the fold.

:crickets: on the Adarius Bowman front. :confused:
Looking for a link, but I think Philly signed him.
I read they denied having any interest?
Eagles | Team signs BowmanWed, 30 Apr 2008 14:09:59 -0700Josh Buchanan, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports the Philadelphia Eagles signed undrafted rookie free-agent WR Adarius Bowman (Oklahoma State) Wednesday, April 30. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

I also saw the following FCS players signed... http://fflivewire.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=128822

Pittsburgh Steelers: WR Micah Rucker from Eastern Illinois. Big size and dominated the FCS at times.

Kansas City Chiefs: QB Ricky Santos from New Hampshire. Reminds me of Colt Brennan actually but more mobile. Interesting to see how he does here.
Ricky Santos went to my high school in Massachusetts. What a great player. I hope he sticks with KC. Doesnt have protypical size but has major quicks.

:crickets: on the Adarius Bowman front. :popcorn:
Looking for a link, but I think Philly signed him.
I read they denied having any interest?
Eagles | Team signs BowmanWed, 30 Apr 2008 14:09:59 -0700Josh Buchanan, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports the Philadelphia Eagles signed undrafted rookie free-agent WR Adarius Bowman (Oklahoma State) Wednesday, April 30. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
NFL | Bowman has yet to receive offer from teamThu, 1 May 2008 12:58:46 -0700Correcting previous reports, Josh Buchanan, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports undrafted rookie free-agent WR Adarius Bowman (Oklahoma State) has not received an offer from an NFL team and it is uncertain if he will in the future. His agent said he is uncertain of a future destination for Bowman.

49ers give Cameron Colvin and Robert Jordan a shot.

OLB Ezra Butler, Nevada

TE Joe Jon Finley, Oklahoma

WR Cameron Colvin, Oregon

WR Robert Jordan, California

DE Louis Holmes, Arizona (OLB)

OL Brian De La Puente, California

Finley and Butler were also considered probable 2nd day picks. Jordan had the bad fortune of being behind DeSean and Hawkins at Cal, but he had some nice games anyway, and capped it off with a nice Pro Day. Colvin is my favorite story in the draft. 5 years ago he was ranked the #2 WR in the country behind Calvin Johnson., ahead of Dwayne Bowe and Sidney Rice. But he could not ever get and stay healthy. It was an almost surreal four years. He finally got on the field early this season, had his best game ever and broke his ankle. Great great kid. Great attitude. Who knows how accurate the old assessment of his talent was, but SF will find out.

The rest of the Cardinals

OL Hercules Satele, Hawaii'

DL Keilen Dykes, West Virginia

T Thaddeus Coleman, Mississippi Valley State

QB Anthony Morelli, Penn State

DL Bryan Robinson, Wesley College

OG Carlton Medder, Florida

FB Dionte Johnson, Ohio State

S Dennis Keyes, U.C.L.A.

OT Thaddeus Coleman, NW Mississippi St

LB Ali Highsmith, LSU
Chaos Commish, I am also watching Colvin's situation closely. I think he landed in an ideal situation in San Fran where their WR corps are in flux.I've read a few links saying they had targeted him for Round 7, but decided to gamble and see if Colvin would be there as an UDFA

Users who are viewing this thread