What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Unethical to throw games? (1 Viewer)

A guy in my work league has the #3 playoff spot sewn up. I am fighting for the #6 spot. I needed to win today (I did) and have this owner beat the team which is currently occupying the #6 spot. He played Martavis Bryant in his flex spot, and benched Julio, Maclin and Mason. He's played Julio and Maclin every other week. My team has been on fire. I started off 2-5. It's pretty obvious he did not want to face me in the 3/6 game next week.

The funny thing is he still might win .... by accident. His game is a 50/50 shot tomorrow night. I don't want to list the particulars for fear of jinxing it.

But I guess my question would be, can you see ANY valid reason to roll Bryant out there over those other 3? Maybe he was afraid Peterson would blanket Julio. Okay, I can buy that. But who would be afraid of Maclin against Dallas and Mason against the Raiders. If there is a fantasy God, I will advance and then pay him back.

The worst part is that he's a really good dude. The worserer part is that I probably would have done the same thing. :)

BTW, there are short benches in this league, so he couldn't totally tank. He kept it as subtle as possible.
There is indeed a fantasy God. If Hartline had gotten 6 points in a PPR tonight, I'm out. Instead, he's done for the night with a knee injury.

And now, in round one of the playoffs next week, I face the guy who tried to keep me out. :popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread