What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (10 Viewers)

Anybody watching the u20 women's world cup?

I caught a little bit of France vs Canada...

Oof. Was starting this to post about the US, who just went 0-2 down to Japan in the 67th.

Also saw them get humiliated vs the Netherlands.

They play like college/HS kids- skillful, athletic, but tactically naive. Almost every other team plays like young pros. France looked like old pros, tbh.

The US are going to get knocked out here in the group stage.

A goal back for the US....but I don't see it happening.

I think we've seen the end of US women's dominance. We've seen it coming with the rise of the pro women's game around the world....but honestly, this is like watching early 90s USMNT vs quality opposition.

3-1.

I casually mentioned it last post...but I really think it's the end of the era for the US women. Title 9 did it's thing in a complete vacuum- can't be understated how important it was- but there was literally no competition out there, so fit and game experienced US college women could run by non soccer players world-wide. But watching these other countries- especially the Europeans- it's just on such a different level than what I've seen from the US (including the senior team).

And...Mex beat Germany to know them out, and advance themselves. Mex advances. The US is out.

I think we've seen the end of US women's dominance. We've seen it coming with the rise of the pro women's game around the world....but honestly, this is like watching early 90s USMNT vs quality opposition.

This is certainly not trending the right way at this key age group.

This is the second U20 WC in a row they did not get out of the group stage. And this is after they were the most successful country at this age level prior to 2018.

Its just very bizarre that they somehow managed to design an ugly jersey that everyone hates. You have unlimited design resources and ya know....you could always SHOW the players....or ANYONE with working eyes the jersey before you finalize everything.

SO weird.

Yeah, it was bound to happen eventually.

Easy to dominate a sport when you're basically the only country who cares about it or invests any resources in it.

If this deal completes, it is likely bad for Pulisic as I expect Havertz may be moved outside

===========================================

Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano

Chelsea have almost agreed personal terms with Pierre Aubameyang in the last 24h, but have no intention to pay crazy money to Barcelona. No way to close deal for €30m. #CFC Chelsea want to invest around £15m - otherwise they could walk away from the deal. Work in progress.

If this deal completes, it is likely bad for Pulisic as I expect Havertz may be moved outside

===========================================
Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano

Chelsea have almost agreed personal terms with Pierre Aubameyang in the last 24h, but have no intention to pay crazy money to Barcelona. No way to close deal for €30m. #CFC Chelsea want to invest around £15m - otherwise they could walk away from the deal. Work in progress.

Maybe. I think if they pick up another attacker, then Pulisic gets loaned out. Which could be good or bad depending on the situation.

So... the red-headed Lewa is finally playing up top and already has 3 goals and an assist in the last two games. Is he that dominant in the Championship and just made for that level or is it the position change?

Would love for him to keep this up and end up with the team in Qatar, pushing whomever we start at 9. (Maybe even him starting, why not?)

• Love
Reactions: Ned
Amazing how he scores two in the Bund2 in a game or two, doesn't score in 154 games in the EPL (estimate), then scores three in two as soon as he drops down again.

he that dominant in the Championship and just made for that level
I think this is the case. He (and his team) just didn't have the talent to compete at the EPL level. I wish him the best but even if he's banging in goals in the Championship, do we trust him to do so against a tough international opponent? Or will he chase the ball around the attacking third and never get a look at the goal?

So... the red-headed Lewa is finally playing up top and already has 3 goals and an assist in the last two games. Is he that dominant in the Championship and just made for that level or is it the position change?

Would love for him to keep this up and end up with the team in Qatar, pushing whomever we start at 9. (Maybe even him starting, why not?)

He is finally getting to play striker which is his natural position. Unfortunately in the past when he got chances at striker he did not take advantage of it. Most of his playing time has been on the wing, where he works his butt off but never got involved in goals.

This is obviously great to see. I am sure dropping down a level can't hurt, but he needed confidence first and foremost and hopefully it is starting to come. That second goal today was taken REALLY confidently.

I know he is only getting these strike minutes because Pukki is hurt but this is going to give the manager pause before removing him I think
===============

USMNT Only

@usmntonly

Josh Sargent in Norwich City's 2-0 win over Millwall today
86 minutes played
2 goals
40 touches
15/18 passing (83%)
7/11 ground duels won
5 fouls drawn
1 clearance
1 tackle

I'm not getting jumpy and quo about Toon CP
He’d start. CP on one side, ASM on the other, Wilson at the 9 with the two Brazilians in Midfield and Eddie Howe pushing them isn’t the worst situation.

would CP be playing in place of Miggy?
God, I would hope so. Only question is what side he’d be on. ASM can play on the right but I imagine CP could do whatever. If Newcastle gets Joao Pedro from Watford, that would create more lineup flexibility but CP would be nailed on. If anything, ASM would need to be nervous about getting starts.

I know he is only getting these strike minutes because Pukki is hurt but this is going to give the manager pause before removing him I think
===============

USMNT Only
@usmntonly

Josh Sargent in Norwich City's 2-0 win over Millwall today
86 minutes played
2 goals
40 touches
15/18 passing (83%)
7/11 ground duels won
5 fouls drawn
1 clearance
1 tackle
He was also Man of the Match.

Happy to see on of our guys playing so well.

Not a great start for Steffen to his loan. Team is in relegation position and has given up the most goals in the league.

It is going to be scary if Steffen continues to underperform and Turner can't get a minute of playing time.

:sadbanana:

====================
Paul Kennedy

@pkedit
This from Lille president Olivier Létang at his press conference this morning: Tim Weah will be immobilized with an ankle injury for three weeks (Sunday L’Equipe preview of LOSC-PSG says he’s out until Sept. int’l window) and is expected to stay at Lille.

Gio is dressing today......Would love to see the manager give him a few minutes. Baby steps are fine but we need the steps to occur.
Looks like he got 28 minutes. Didn’t see the match but looked at stats

sadly he was also on the field for this

==========

[ESPN Stats & Info] With a 3-2 comeback win over Dortmund, Werder Bremen is the first team in the last 13 seasons of the Top 5 European leagues to win when trailing by multiple goals entering the 89th minute. Teams were previously 0-8511-18 (W-L-D) under such circumstances.

This is certainly not trending the right way at this key age group.

This is the second U20 WC in a row they did not get out of the group stage. And this is after they were the most successful country at this age level prior to 2018.

Can the men go back to court to get their money back?

Users who are viewing this thread