What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vick Ballard (1 Viewer)

just read on rotoworld that brown is going to try to play tonight. does that change anybodys opinion? i doubt he does play, but if he does i am still thinking Ballard has a nice game

'munygon2 said:
'SameSongNDance said:
I'm on board for Thursday. Ballard has show flashes of brilliance this year, mostly towards the end of games. It may be a case of fresh legs, but he doesn't seem to wear down as the game progresses.
I've noticed this as well that virtually all of his production has come at the end of the game. The TD in overtime was sort of a fluke. I'm just not sure how much you can trust him yet, we'll see. It would nice if he is getting consistent yardage during the course of the game rather than assuming there will be a final drive that eats up the clock with a bunch of handoffs.
With Luck playing brilliantly, the defenses are bound to start focusing more attention on limiting the passing game. So assuming he has permission to audible, he'll start checking to the run more early in the game. At Stanford he was known for that, rather than selfishly padding his stats to win Heisman votes. Result : 120 yards and a TD for Ballard against the Jags.

what in Ballard's past makes anyone think he is capable of putting up a nice game? 3 yds and a cloud of dust!! Lets go Jags GRRRR! (insert loud cat sound....)

just read on rotoworld that brown is going to try to play tonight. does that change anybodys opinion? i doubt he does play, but if he does i am still thinking Ballard has a nice game
I still think Ballard will have a serviceable game. Even if Brown plays I highly doubt they'll share the carries down the middle.

what in Ballard's past makes anyone think he is capable of putting up a nice game? 3 yds and a cloud of dust!! Lets go Jags GRRRR! (insert loud cat sound....)
His game winning TD in OT was one of the best plays I've ever seen in a football game. If you haven't seen it, hit YouTube and report back with Mea Culpa. TIA

Well, for me, a couple of things. The fact that the Jags just got torched by 2 Lions RBs, who both put up strong numbers. The fact that Ballard convinced the coaching staff to cut Mewelde Moore and let him assume third down work. The fact that he's catching more passes as a result, which raises his floor in PPR leagues.I'm starting him with confidence in place of Morris on the bye. I see a floor of 60 yards, 3 catches, which puts him at 9 points, assuming a pretty pessimistic outcome.Could easily see over 100 total yards, a TD, and 3+ receptions...

I still think Ballard will have a serviceable game. Even if Brown plays I highly doubt they'll share the carries down the middle.
Brown tried to play last week and only managed 1 carry, and that was coming a home game in a week where he'd been limited in practice.This one's a road game and he hasn't practiced all week. I'd be amazed if we saw Brown get any serious action.

My question is what you expertz think will happen when Brown gets back into the fold...committee, yes, but any other situations that might arise?

Well, for me, a couple of things. The fact that the Jags just got torched by 2 Lions RBs, who both put up strong numbers. The fact that Ballard convinced the coaching staff to cut Mewelde Moore and let him assume third down work. The fact that he's catching more passes as a result, which raises his floor in PPR leagues.I'm starting him with confidence in place of Morris on the bye. I see a floor of 60 yards, 3 catches, which puts him at 9 points, assuming a pretty pessimistic outcome.

Could easily see over 100 total yards, a TD, and 3+ receptions...
:banned:

It sucks that Brown might play. Even if he can't do much, it takes away carries for Ballard.
I'd be shocked. Guy had limited practices last week, is surprisingly active, then leaves after 1 carry, never to return, in a tight game.Doesn't practice at all this week... I can't see him seriously siphoning touches from Ballard. Just doesn't add up.I think Ballard's in line for 20+ touches tonight.

It sucks that Brown might play. Even if he can't do much, it takes away carries for Ballard.
I'd be shocked. Guy had limited practices last week, is surprisingly active, then leaves after 1 carry, never to return, in a tight game.Doesn't practice at all this week... I can't see him seriously siphoning touches from Ballard. Just doesn't add up.I think Ballard's in line for 20+ touches tonight.
Plus 10 days off until the next game - Brown should not play

A trusted sources has him ranked 11th overall this week. :eek:

I'm starting him, but low-end RB1 production seems a bit much.

ETA - Dodds has him ranked 11th in PPR as well and I trust these two dudes the most. Interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know prolly wrong forum ..but interested to see who people might be starting Ballard over this weekend..

I'm debating Ballard over Nicks at Flex, but already have Wayne at WR and don't really want to start 2 INDI players

A trusted sources has him ranked 11th overall this week. :eek: I'm starting him, but low-end RB1 production seems a bit much.ETA - Dodds has him ranked 11th in PPR as well and I trust these two dudes the most. Interesting.
Been debating all week but this info seems good enough for me to leave him in over BJGE/Redman. Highly doubt Brown gets many touches even if he does play and Ballard will be in on 3rd down since Delonte Carter has no hands. Only thing I didnt like was that Carter got some redzone/goal line touches last week.

Donald Brown is active for tonight's game. Might go with Leshoure instead.
Donald Brown (knee) and Donnie Avery (hip) are both active for Thursday night's game against the Jaguars.It's uncertain how much each player will play or if either will even start the game. Vick Ballard will likely see much of the work out of the Indy backfield against a porous Jacksonville run defense and is a decent flex option. Reggie Wayne and T.Y. Hilton are the best bets to lead the receiving corps in targetsPER ROTOWORLD

I cant see the colts using D.Brown much tonite if at all...especially if they get up early and pull away...i say Ballard is a safe start

Too risky for me given that Brown is starting. Now going with Mathews over Ballard.
did they say he was starting or just active?
He is listed as active. I think I am leaving him in the flex over Dez or A. Johnson.
Listed as active and starter according to SB Nation. Don't know how reliable is the source but it was like 20 mins ago or something.http://www.sbnation.com/fantasy/2012/11/8/3620186/donald-brown-active-fantasy-football-colts-vs-jaguars-tnf

Too risky for me given that Brown is starting. Now going with Mathews over Ballard.
He is listed as active. I think I am leaving him in the flex over Dez or A. Johnson.
Listed as active and starter according to SB Nation. Don't know how reliable is the source but it was like 20 mins ago or something.http://www.sbnation.com/fantasy/2012/11/8/3620186/donald-brown-active-fantasy-football-colts-vs-jaguars-tnf
Tweet from Mike Chappell (beat writer?)#colts RB Donald Brown active and still listed on flipcard as starter. We'll see.

Tweet from Mike Chappell (beat writer?)#colts RB Donald Brown active and still listed on flipcard as starter. We'll see.
DANG IT! chickened out and put pierre in

Jeez, I can't imagine Brown getting many carries, but you never know. I like the matchup for Ballard.... Ugh, decisions, decisions...

Jeez, I can't imagine Brown getting many carries, but you never know. I like the matchup for Ballard.... Ugh, decisions, decisions...
Donald Brown (knee) and Donnie Avery (hip) will both start Thursday night's game against the Jaguars.With Brown drawing the start, it makes Vick Ballard a riskier fantasy play, but we still expect the rookie to lead the backfield in touches. Avery will start opposite Reggie Wayne, but T.Y. Hilton should still see plenty of action.PER ROTOWORLD

ugggg think I'm leaving Jackson and his terrible play/match up in

I'm rolling with Ballard...Brown didn't participate in walk through yesterday, he can't be prepared. I think Brown gets limited touches, esp because Ballard has played well.

Users who are viewing this thread