What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (3 Viewers)

I finished Alan Wake last night and I really, really liked it.I'd say the only real negative is that I don't think this particular genre of game (Thriller? Mystery? Horror? it's kind of all 3) is really appealing to a broad number of gamers. They break the game up into 6 episodes and it's really like watching/playing a Steven King TV Mini-series. When you finish an episode and start a new one, there's even a montage of "Previously on Alan Wake" type scenes like you really are watching a new episode of a series. It's quite creepy in parts and the atmosphere of the game is very immersive. If you play it, play it at night with no lights on.You can tell the developer put a lot of love and polish into the game, the plot, the voice acting, the MUSIC, the graphics, even the little things like the easter eggs are all very well done. This definitely feels like a game that has roots in the Max Payne series too with the easter eggs like the TV's and radio's you can turn on or the manuscript pages that give deeper insight into what's going on. It's a beautiful game too, the forests, the wind and mist, mountains and trees, even little things like how your flashlight shines when you run or climb a ladder look great. One of my favorite things is that even though the "levels" are very linear, since you are trekking thru mountains and forests with different elevations, you often can see areas you are coming to or have left in the distance. For instance, you'll see a farm house way off in the distance in a valley and eventually make it there and the whole area is laid out exactly how you saw it from above. Even though the levels are linear, this effect makes it feel like you are always working towards something or moving forward.With that said, the game is too easy, I did like IGN suggested and started the game on hard instead of normal and it still wasn't much of challange except for a few areas here and there. While there are a lot of enemies to fight, this is not a shoot-'em up. It's plot driven with good use of voice overs and cut scenes at the most important moments, not annoying like it could be in RDR. There are short parts where there's very little action at all to advance the plot so I can see the Halo crowd getting bored at these points.I'd say it's definitely worth playing if you are into these kinds of games. Maybe not worth full price as even though they built some replayablity in with all the easter eggs (you can't even find some of the manuscript pages with out unlocking the hardest difficulty and playing again) but a lot of the appeal is the mystery of the plot. Hopefully the sales do well, I liked the ending but it's pretty ambigious and definitely leaves a lot of room for a sequel.
Still on a long wait for the 360 version on Goozex. :shrug:
29.99 on amazon

Anyone try out the new Tecmo Bowl 'remake' on XBL Arcade? Curious to see how it is...
I don't have it but I heard from people who do that they made changes to the gameplay that made it horrible. I think Mobbin had it so he'll come around to this thread sooner or later.

Anyone try out the new Tecmo Bowl 'remake' on XBL Arcade? Curious to see how it is...
I don't have it but I heard from people who do that they made changes to the gameplay that made it horrible. I think Mobbin had it so he'll come around to this thread sooner or later.
:hophead: Didn't have a problem with it here. The button placement for A and B button could have been better, or made so you can edit it, but other than that, it's Tecmo Bowl. I've played through a few seasons already. Have all the players' names edited to match the original game and everything. But as Mobbin stated when I played him the first time, it does suck that others can't see your edited names.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I finished up RDR and decided to dust off some of my old games for a re-play. I haven't played Demon's Souls in a while, and I lost both my characters a while back when my PS3 got the YLOD. I've thought about rebuilding a character for online play, but since it's going to be about a 60 hour investment, I've put it off and put it off, but this seemed like a good time to start.It took about 45 minutes or so to get back into the groove of the combat system, but now I'm already about 10 hours in to my new guy. Despite having beaten the game four or five times already with a couple of different character builds, this thing still doesn't feel old or stale.Edit: This is particulary a nice game to come back to after RDR. That game was very well done, but it was also extremely easy. DS is a good change of pace. It's perversely fun to get your ### handed to you by a couple of trolls after you've spent the past month relying on auto-aim to take down the entire Mexican army from behind a small rock.
You need to get back into the YYZ clan and run some Hardcore Conquest. This mode is a blast IMO on Battlefield 2.I have not seen you play that game in a long time. I took an extended break but am now hooked again.As far as playing other games I am still working on Metal Gear 4 and should be done in the next 2-3 weeks. Then I am on to Deadspace and NCAA 2011 should be in my mailbox this week and I canlt wait to get my dynasty going with that.
Yeah, I got burned out on BC2. The lack of new maps hurt, and it seemed like it was getting noticeably laggier for a couple of weeks. Not sure if that's still the case.

So I finished up RDR and decided to dust off some of my old games for a re-play. I haven't played Demon's Souls in a while, and I lost both my characters a while back when my PS3 got the YLOD. I've thought about rebuilding a character for online play, but since it's going to be about a 60 hour investment, I've put it off and put it off, but this seemed like a good time to start.It took about 45 minutes or so to get back into the groove of the combat system, but now I'm already about 10 hours in to my new guy. Despite having beaten the game four or five times already with a couple of different character builds, this thing still doesn't feel old or stale.Edit: This is particulary a nice game to come back to after RDR. That game was very well done, but it was also extremely easy. DS is a good change of pace. It's perversely fun to get your ### handed to you by a couple of trolls after you've spent the past month relying on auto-aim to take down the entire Mexican army from behind a small rock.
You need to get back into the YYZ clan and run some Hardcore Conquest. This mode is a blast IMO on Battlefield 2.I have not seen you play that game in a long time. I took an extended break but am now hooked again.As far as playing other games I am still working on Metal Gear 4 and should be done in the next 2-3 weeks. Then I am on to Deadspace and NCAA 2011 should be in my mailbox this week and I canlt wait to get my dynasty going with that.
Yeah, I got burned out on BC2. The lack of new maps hurt, and it seemed like it was getting noticeably laggier for a couple of weeks. Not sure if that's still the case.
Due to lag in BC2, my guy got re-spotted on the map as I was running. It put me next to a building wall surrounding by 5 trees and I was trapped. very strange. I had to commit suicide to keep playing. I still like playing Rush on BC2, but it is growing a little stale. Might move onto GTAIV (haven't played yet) or RDR.

I finished Alan Wake last night and I really, really liked it.I'd say the only real negative is that I don't think this particular genre of game (Thriller? Mystery? Horror? it's kind of all 3) is really appealing to a broad number of gamers. They break the game up into 6 episodes and it's really like watching/playing a Steven King TV Mini-series. When you finish an episode and start a new one, there's even a montage of "Previously on Alan Wake" type scenes like you really are watching a new episode of a series. It's quite creepy in parts and the atmosphere of the game is very immersive. If you play it, play it at night with no lights on.You can tell the developer put a lot of love and polish into the game, the plot, the voice acting, the MUSIC, the graphics, even the little things like the easter eggs are all very well done. This definitely feels like a game that has roots in the Max Payne series too with the easter eggs like the TV's and radio's you can turn on or the manuscript pages that give deeper insight into what's going on. It's a beautiful game too, the forests, the wind and mist, mountains and trees, even little things like how your flashlight shines when you run or climb a ladder look great. One of my favorite things is that even though the "levels" are very linear, since you are trekking thru mountains and forests with different elevations, you often can see areas you are coming to or have left in the distance. For instance, you'll see a farm house way off in the distance in a valley and eventually make it there and the whole area is laid out exactly how you saw it from above. Even though the levels are linear, this effect makes it feel like you are always working towards something or moving forward.With that said, the game is too easy, I did like IGN suggested and started the game on hard instead of normal and it still wasn't much of challange except for a few areas here and there. While there are a lot of enemies to fight, this is not a shoot-'em up. It's plot driven with good use of voice overs and cut scenes at the most important moments, not annoying like it could be in RDR. There are short parts where there's very little action at all to advance the plot so I can see the Halo crowd getting bored at these points.I'd say it's definitely worth playing if you are into these kinds of games. Maybe not worth full price as even though they built some replayablity in with all the easter eggs (you can't even find some of the manuscript pages with out unlocking the hardest difficulty and playing again) but a lot of the appeal is the mystery of the plot. Hopefully the sales do well, I liked the ending but it's pretty ambigious and definitely leaves a lot of room for a sequel.
Sounds like my kind of game, except for the flashlight. I hate games that spend 90% of it using a flashlight.

:) Didn't have a problem with it here. The button placement for A and B button could have been better, or made so you can edit it, but other than that, it's Tecmo Bowl. I've played through a few seasons already. Have all the players' names edited to match the original game and everything. But as Mobbin stated when I played him the first time, it does suck that others can't see your edited names.
The most noticeable was how they took away the long ball. No longer can you drop back and launch the ball 80 yards. If they wanted to take that away fine, but they even took away any pass over 40 yards. On every go route, your guy just stops and waits for the ball no more then 30 yards downfield. Reversing the A/B buttons was odd, but you can get used to it. No online franchises. This is something PC guys have been doing for a decade with modded versions of the game and they didn't. Inexcusable. IMO.

Sounds like my kind of game, except for the flashlight. I hate games that spend 90% of it using a flashlight.
Yeah, you carry around a flashlight almost the entire game. However, it's never so dark you can't see anything else. The flashlight is basically your main weapon, not the only way to see. I'm envisoning like the original Alien Vs Predator game, where you'd be in a completely dark room and the only thing you see is the round circle of the flashlight, it's not like that at all. Plenty of vid's on IGN or youtube should give you an idea of how it looks.

You guys know of a good way to sell outdated games? I have a bunch of old EA Sports titles from the last 5 years or so that I don't play anymore. I put them up on Craigslist at $1-2 per game, and got a whopping 0 hits.I really don't want to bother with Ebay.
I usually give them away if they're more than a couple of years old. Gamestop or other traders usually won't give more than $.50 or so for them. I don't think it would be worth it to try to sell it on eBay.
To be honest, I'd sell most of em for $0.50 a pop. I don't even have a PS2 anymore after my 2nd DRE incident, yet I have a stack of games that I never unloaded.

Quick: MW2 or mass effect 2? Trading in RDR
Mass Effect 2 by a mile. Get MW2 if you don't like RPGs or if you love arcade twitch shooters. If your not a fan of super arcade style shooters look more towards Bad Company 2.
What are some of the differences? I've been a COD/MW guy for a long time, but have grown tired of the run-n-gun halo kidz. The ridiculous one-swipe knifing while running through my hail of gunfire pushed me so far over the edge I don't even play MW2 anymore.

Mass Effect 2 by a mile. Get MW2 if you don't like RPGs or if you love arcade twitch shooters. If your not a fan of super arcade style shooters look more towards Bad Company 2.
What are some of the differences? I've been a COD/MW guy for a long time, but have grown tired of the run-n-gun halo kidz. The ridiculous one-swipe knifing while running through my hail of gunfire pushed me so far over the edge I don't even play MW2 anymore.
You don't have guys running 87 mph. There are no mario power-ups. (perks)

Why am I always the last to know?IN. :thumbup:

You take damage from falling, you have four classes that need to work together to support each other effectively, guns have recoil, team work is essential and one person can't win by himself, vehicles work great but their are counters to them, you actually have to aim the melee knife because it doesn't auto lock on from a mile away. Only down side is that they haven't released new maps yet.

You take damage from falling, you have four classes that need to work together to support each other effectively, guns have recoil, team work is essential and one person can't win by himself, vehicles work great but their are counters to them, you actually have to aim the melee knife because it doesn't auto lock on from a mile away. Only down side is that they haven't released new maps yet.
:confused: that even with its flaws, BC2 >>>> MW2 in my book.

This may bring back memories for a few because I am looking to give the elders scrolls another shot, but this time with Morrowind. From the looks of it there is the regular version and GotY version, which includes both expansions and some bug fixes. Has anyone played the expansions and are they worth the investment, not just time but money? I can get the regular game for almost nothing but the GotY edition is around $15.

This may bring back memories for a few because I am looking to give the elders scrolls another shot, but this time with Morrowind. From the looks of it there is the regular version and GotY version, which includes both expansions and some bug fixes. Has anyone played the expansions and are they worth the investment, not just time but money? I can get the regular game for almost nothing but the GotY edition is around $15.
I may do this myself. I never completed morrowind. If you want to shat your pants, turn the volume up real loud when it rains. The single coolest/loudest lightening sound in any game ever.

I may do this myself. I never completed morrowind. If you want to shat your pants, turn the volume up real loud when it rains. The single coolest/loudest lightening sound in any game ever.
I remember fondly Daggerfall. Turn down the lights and turn the sound up and listen for the rats and skeletons to stalk you in the dungeons. :cry:

I remember fondly Daggerfall. Turn down the lights and turn the sound up and listen for the rats and skeletons to stalk you in the dungeons. :help:
Awesome, I love blasting the volume with my headsets late at night to create great atmospheres. With the headsets all that stuff will be even more amplified. :thumbup: Decided to go with the GotY version, found it used for $12 after shipping. Also picked up Oblivion GotY through goozex to give it another shot. Last time I tried it out was when I first got my 360 and it wasn't what I expected, but now I like these type of games much more.

I remember fondly Daggerfall. Turn down the lights and turn the sound up and listen for the rats and skeletons to stalk you in the dungeons. :help:
Awesome, I love blasting the volume with my headsets late at night to create great atmospheres. With the headsets all that stuff will be even more amplified. :thumbup: Decided to go with the GotY version, found it used for $12 after shipping. Also picked up Oblivion GotY through goozex to give it another shot. Last time I tried it out was when I first got my 360 and it wasn't what I expected, but now I like these type of games much more.
Both are outstanding games. I have Morrowwind on the orginal XBOX and although the game is amazing and massive the load times friggin killed me. Oblivion is just beautiful and the best RPG I have ever played. You do and go wherever you want. The main story is not even something I focus on and I have been playing this game for a solid 6 months and just keep exploring and leveling up. The only thing though with the GOY edition is they have a major bug so I stayed away from that version. I don't think they ever pathced it either IIRC. It is a vampire bug. Once you become one you can't cure yourself.

I may do this myself. I never completed morrowind.

If you want to shat your pants, turn the volume up real loud when it rains. The single coolest/loudest lightening sound in any game ever.
I remember fondly Daggerfall. Turn down the lights and turn the sound up and listen for the rats and skeletons to stalk you in the dungeons. :lmao:
Awesome, I love blasting the volume with my headsets late at night to create great atmospheres. With the headsets all that stuff will be even more amplified. :goodposting: Decided to go with the GotY version, found it used for $12 after shipping. Also picked up Oblivion GotY through goozex to give it another shot. Last time I tried it out was when I first got my 360 and it wasn't what I expected, but now I like these type of games much more.
Highly recommend playing as some sort of thief/rogue/archer assassin.Playing as a mage is beyond tedious, and we both have spoken about how boring it is to play as a fighter/barb class.

Play as a thief/rouge is a lot of fun. You can out run everybody, including the guards. This also allows you to jump higher, reach places you couldn't normally, and it obviously speeds the game up.

I may do this myself. I never completed morrowind.

If you want to shat your pants, turn the volume up real loud when it rains. The single coolest/loudest lightening sound in any game ever.
I remember fondly Daggerfall. Turn down the lights and turn the sound up and listen for the rats and skeletons to stalk you in the dungeons. ;)
Awesome, I love blasting the volume with my headsets late at night to create great atmospheres. With the headsets all that stuff will be even more amplified. :D Decided to go with the GotY version, found it used for $12 after shipping. Also picked up Oblivion GotY through goozex to give it another shot. Last time I tried it out was when I first got my 360 and it wasn't what I expected, but now I like these type of games much more.
Both are outstanding games. I have Morrowwind on the orginal XBOX and although the game is amazing and massive the load times friggin killed me. Oblivion is just beautiful and the best RPG I have ever played. You do and go wherever you want. The main story is not even something I focus on and I have been playing this game for a solid 6 months and just keep exploring and leveling up. The only thing though with the GOY edition is they have a major bug so I stayed away from that version. I don't think they ever pathced it either IIRC. It is a vampire bug. Once you become one you can't cure yourself.
Just did a quick search. There is a quest that you have to collect certain ingredients to make a potion for the cure and also a $2 dlc quest line that helps against it.

Transformers: War for Cybertron

The game has its moments mostly due to the few memories I have of watching the old TV show. The transformations flow quite well but the game is lacking any type of cover system making gameplay feel awkward. The 3rd person view is the stock dime a dozen variety that is bad after enjoying the Gears and Mass Effect franchises. The graphics are decent but not up to what many great games are coming out with. The music....honestly I don't remember any music, which is a very bad thing because that's what gets my memories flowing and would pump the nostalgia factor. The gameplay is decent with having the choice between three different transformers for each campaign mission. But, I found myself playing the same exact point and shoot style with the same exact weapons even though their was a decent amount of variety. I did not play the horde mode, which I could see as being a blast if you know a couple people with the game and communicate. All in all, only get it if you are a die hard fan and I'm glad I got it through goozex, which is where its going back to.

Well after asking around about Morrowind for the old xbox I realized I had been ignoring older xbox games even though I was a huge fan of the PS1/PS2. The 360 is my first xbox console so I decided to poke around gamespot, ign, and gamefaqs to scout out good older games I never had the opportunity to play.

Now this is where being a member of goozex is nice, I managed to get a hall of Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind GotY, Jade Empire(Bioware's RPG similar but before Mass Effect), Baulder's Gate Dark Alliance II(Diablo 2 clone), The Bard's Tale(Another Diablo II clone), Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic(Bioware's Epic), Fatal Frame 1 & 2(Cult horror games considered top notch atmosphere and a unique gameplay style), and Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams( Another top of the line horror game considered the best of its franchise). I got all these for about $100 in points from 360 games I would never touch again. I did some looking on ebay and the games were about 1/2 ebay's standard for most of them and then around the going price for some of the harder to find games.

So, now I have way to much #### to play. Also, if your interested in old xbox games to play on the 360, make sure to check the compatibility list. Anyone play any of these before. I know Sierra says KotOR is awesome and Moobin digs Morrowind, but any experience from the others? :shrug:

Downloaded limbo on xbox live. I am about an hour or an hour and a half or so in now. Really enjoying it.

Madden's demo hits next week, along with Mafia II maybe.

Anyone looking forward to Starcraft II?
Yes!!!!Oh, wait, no, my computer won't run it.
Maybe time to trade in the old Commodore?The PC specs seem pretty tame.
PC Minimum System Requirements*: * Windows® XP/Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 (Updated with the latest Service Packs) with DirectX® 9.0c * 2.6 GHz Pentium® IV or equivalent AMD Athlon® processor * 128 MB PCIe NVIDIA® GeForce® 6600 GT or ATI Radeon® 9800 PRO video card or better * 12 GB available HD space * 1 GB RAM (1.5 GB required for Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 users) * DVD-ROM drive * Broadband Internet connection * 1024X720 minimum display resolutionPC Recommended Specifications: * Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 * Dual Core 2.4Ghz Processor * 2 GB RAM * 512 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 GTX or ATI Radeon® HD 3870 or better*Note: Due to potential programming changes, the Minimum System Requirements for this game may change over time.Mac RequirementsMac Minimum System Requirements: * Mac® OS X 10.5.8, 10.6.2 or newer * Intel® Processor * NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT or ATI Radeon® X1600 or better * 12 GB available HD space * 2 GB Ram * DVD-ROM drive * Broadband Internet connection * 1024X720 minimum display resolutionMac Recommended Specifications: * Intel® Core 2 Duo processor * 4 GB system RAM * NVIDIA® GeForce® 9600M GT or ATI Radeon® HD 4670 or better

Just have a laptop right now, and the vid card is the issue. Plenty of processing power, RAM, etc., but I'm sure the vid is integrated/un-upgradeable/inadequate.edit - well... just doing a quick search some people are saying it should run on this GPU... hopefully there's a demo or something I can try out first

Just joined goozex...

1. what do you guys do for cheap bubble mailers?

2. do you have a certain amount of time to ship a game once you offer up a requested game? read the faq

3. do you usually just use the printed shipping label? are shipping costs for the pre-paid label usually accurate/reasonable?

Just joined goozex...

You can buy at the post office I assume but have never done or looked at their price. You can buy like a 10 pack at a place like Staples for a decent price. Or go online and buy about 80-100 for the price of around 15 bubble mailers at any store.

2. do you have a certain amount of time to ship a game once you offer up a requested game? read the faq

3. Do you usually just use the printed shipping label? are shipping costs for the pre-paid label usually accurate/reasonable?

Their shipping labels cost about $1 extra from what first class mail costs through paypal shipping labels but you do have to guess the weight instead of goozex knowing it.(Printing labels in firefox was fine for me and then it started enlarging them, I switch to IE and it works fine now.) Usually 5 ozs for light games and 6 or 7 oz for heavier games works. Paypal also costs $.19 for a tracking # instead of the post offices $1. The post office can be cheaper if you use media mail instead of first class.

Just joined goozex...

You can buy at the post office I assume but have never done or looked at their price. You can buy like a 10 pack at a place like Staples for a decent price. Or go online and buy about 80-100 for the price of around 15 bubble mailers at any store.

3. Do you usually just use the printed shipping label? are shipping costs for the pre-paid label usually accurate/reasonable?

Their shipping labels cost about $1 extra from what first class mail costs through paypal shipping labels but you do have to guess the weight instead of goozex knowing it.(Printing labels in firefox was fine for me and then it started enlarging them, I switch to IE and it works fine now.) Usually 5 ozs for light games and 6 or 7 oz for heavier games works. Paypal also costs $.19 for a tracking # instead of the post offices $1. The post office can be cheaper if you use media mail instead of first class.
Ah, nice, didn't know about paypal shipping. I'll probably do that since I'll likely ship from work and I have a scale here.

Never really played anything on my computer, but I'm thinking about getting a new game for my mac. Anybody got any recommendations?

Starcraft 2? EVE?

I heard there are guest passes with Starcraft 2. If anyone has a guest pass code they could PM me I would appreciate it. I'd like to test it out on my laptop before I buy it.

PC Minimum System Requirements*: * Windows® XP/Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 (Updated with the latest Service Packs) with DirectX® 9.0c * 2.6 GHz Pentium® IV or equivalent AMD Athlon® processor * 128 MB PCIe NVIDIA® GeForce® 6600 GT or ATI Radeon® 9800 PRO video card or better * 12 GB available HD space * 1 GB RAM (1.5 GB required for Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 users) * DVD-ROM drive * Broadband Internet connection * 1024X720 minimum display resolutionPC Recommended Specifications: * Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 * Dual Core 2.4Ghz Processor * 2 GB RAM * 512 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 GTX or ATI Radeon® HD 3870 or better*Note: Due to potential programming changes, the Minimum System Requirements for this game may change over time.Mac RequirementsMac Minimum System Requirements: * Mac® OS X 10.5.8, 10.6.2 or newer * Intel® Processor * NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT or ATI Radeon® X1600 or better * 12 GB available HD space * 2 GB Ram * DVD-ROM drive * Broadband Internet connection * 1024X720 minimum display resolutionMac Recommended Specifications: * Intel® Core 2 Duo processor * 4 GB system RAM * NVIDIA® GeForce® 9600M GT or ATI Radeon® HD 4670 or better
LOL, that would melt my 8 year old desktop.Maybe this christmas it will be in the budget to buy a new laptop, but if my current computer works fine, I don't see much point. Civ 5 & Starcraft 2 are definitely a motivating factor though. I miss the golden era of the mid-late 90's when there were tons of great pc games every year. Thanks to consoles, PC gaming has gone the way of the dodo except for the really hard core folks which I haven't been in almost a decade.

Update:

Right Now

The Orange Box, Gears of War 2(stays in multiplayer rotation)

Up Next

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind GotY, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GotY

Back Burner

Tales of Vesperia, Dead Space, Alan Wake, Dragon Age: Orgins, Rainbow 6 Vegas 2(ever present fallback game), Fatal Frame 1, Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly, Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams, The Bard's Tale, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance II, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic

Six xbox originals in here including three of the best horror games in the past decade, two solid old school hack n slash RPGs, and some Bioware love.

Looking to Replay

Final Fantasy XIII, Bioshock 2

All I have to say is thank you goozex. All but two games came from them and I have had nothing but good trades and tons of money saved. :rant:

Currently, I am working my way through Half Life 2 and then will go onto Episode 1 & 2 and Portal. Then I'm excited about firing up the Elder Scrolls games because I have a better expectation then when I first tried Oblivion having only played turned based RPGs before.

Update:

Right Now

The Orange Box, Gears of War 2(stays in multiplayer rotation)

Up Next

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind GotY, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GotY

Back Burner

Tales of Vesperia, Dead Space, Alan Wake, Dragon Age: Orgins, Rainbow 6 Vegas 2(ever present fallback game), Fatal Frame 1, Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly, Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams, The Bard's Tale, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance II, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic

Six xbox originals in here including three of the best horror games in the past decade, two solid old school hack n slash RPGs, and some Bioware love.

Looking to Replay

Final Fantasy XIII, Bioshock 2

All I have to say is thank you goozex. All but two games came from them and I have had nothing but good trades and tons of money saved. :rant:

Currently, I am working my way through Half Life 2 and then will go onto Episode 1 & 2 and Portal. Then I'm excited about firing up the Elder Scrolls games because I have a better expectation then when I first tried Oblivion having only played turned based RPGs before.
Have you not played Portal before? I would put the other stuff on hold and play it ASAP. Great great game.

Finished my first go round on Dragon Age origins. As with most of Bioware's game, I'll give it a 2nd play through at rapid pace as an evil character.

Users who are viewing this thread