What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (8 Viewers)

Have you not played Portal before? I would put the other stuff on hold and play it ASAP. Great great game.
Never played it before, but dd watch a friend play it and it seemed like a great time.
I wasn't a fan. I mean it's cool for a few minutes and I appreciate the complexity and cool factor, but the further you get the more and more tedious it got for me, eventually turning into work or a chore, rather then fun.

Have you not played Portal before? I would put the other stuff on hold and play it ASAP. Great great game.
Never played it before, but dd watch a friend play it and it seemed like a great time.
I wasn't a fan. I mean it's cool for a few minutes and I appreciate the complexity and cool factor, but the further you get the more and more tedious it got for me, eventually turning into work or a chore, rather then fun.
X

X
:shrug:

operation sports is in full melt down mode on how bad madden '11 is:goodposting:
I just went there and I don't see that at all. The reviewers basically said it was the same old Madden. Which ever year the Madden haters say.I'll wait for the full game to come out before making any judgments on it.

Finished my first go round on Dragon Age origins. As with most of Bioware's game, I'll give it a 2nd play through at rapid pace as an evil character.
Yeah I just finished up my first playthrough of Origins. I doubt I'll have the patience for another go around. I'm just gonna move on to the Awakenings expansion pack.For anyone still planning to get into this game, my recommendation is to play all 6 of the origin stories before committing to which character you want to play the balance of the story with. I didn't do this and I played as a mage for the whole game. Then I went back and played the other 5 origin stories to get the achievements and I found atleast two of them to be much more compelling than the mage story. I still enjoyed my playthrough very much but I do wish I could have seen how the interactions would have unfolded with different characters.Once I'm done Awakenings though I'm kinda worried there's gonna be a dead spot for my gaming interests. Perhaps it's not fair to say it's a dead spot. It's simply a return to normal gaming levels after the last 12 months of epic releases. I don't believe I've ever encountered so many top shelf games in a 12 months period before. And in comparison the next 12 months is looking like a major dry spell.

Purged a bunch of old games recently. Only have BFBC2, MW2, NCAA 11, and MLB2k10 now. Played a bit of MW2 MP recently. Haven't played since the first map pack was release. Still fun for me.

Mostly running through the campaign for BFBC2 and playing NCAA 11 right now.

Just fired up BF:BC2 again for the first time in about 2 months. Completely re-addicted to this game on the 360.

NCAA 2011 - Love it and the online league is a total blast

BCBF2 - still get in my weekend hunting trips here.

Metal Gear IV - have given it a 2 week break but will return to it this weekend.

Coming soon Madden 2011

Once I am done with Metal Gear I am moving on to Deadspace (finally)

I still pop in Oblivion and do some adventuring a few times a month (love that game so much).

I am also playing Baldurs Gate on XBOX with my son who loves it big time. We finished Baldurs Gate II Dark Alliance a week ago.

Finished my first go round on Dragon Age origins. As with most of Bioware's game, I'll give it a 2nd play through at rapid pace as an evil character.
Yeah I just finished up my first playthrough of Origins. I doubt I'll have the patience for another go around. I'm just gonna move on to the Awakenings expansion pack.For anyone still planning to get into this game, my recommendation is to play all 6 of the origin stories before committing to which character you want to play the balance of the story with. I didn't do this and I played as a mage for the whole game. Then I went back and played the other 5 origin stories to get the achievements and I found atleast two of them to be much more compelling than the mage story. I still enjoyed my playthrough very much but I do wish I could have seen how the interactions would have unfolded with different characters.Once I'm done Awakenings though I'm kinda worried there's gonna be a dead spot for my gaming interests. Perhaps it's not fair to say it's a dead spot. It's simply a return to normal gaming levels after the last 12 months of epic releases. I don't believe I've ever encountered so many top shelf games in a 12 months period before. And in comparison the next 12 months is looking like a major dry spell.
I did the human rogue (noble) on the first play through and enjoyed the story quite a bit as well as the character, but thought that the combat got a bit old towards the end (I'm on console so don't flip much between the characters unless I specifically need something done). I'm playing through as a mage this time and I'm already enjoying the combat more.

Once I'm done Awakenings though I'm kinda worried there's gonna be a dead spot for my gaming interests. Perhaps it's not fair to say it's a dead spot. It's simply a return to normal gaming levels after the last 12 months of epic releases. I don't believe I've ever encountered so many top shelf games in a 12 months period before. And in comparison the next 12 months is looking like a major dry spell.
What games have you played in the past year. There are some great games that aren't as main stream that you might not know about.

Madshot, how far have you gotten in Half-life 2?

I think im stuck. I met with the Dr and the chick, they botched the transportation thingy when the nasty pet monster thing hopped on me. I ran through some sewers, found a guy who let me in the underground railroad, got passed the helicopter and now im in a industrial sewer area with a room filled with water, a ladder, and a bunch of drums I think I'm supposed to use to climb someplace. After climbing the wall I didn't find a way out, so I dumped all the drums into the water and tried using them to climb through a underwater passage, but I can't get them to stack properly to get me high enough. I tried for about 10 minutes and gave up.

:lmao:

Madshot, how far have you gotten in Half-life 2?I think im stuck. I met with the Dr and the chick, they botched the transportation thingy when the nasty pet monster thing hopped on me. I ran through some sewers, found a guy who let me in the underground railroad, got passed the helicopter and now im in a industrial sewer area with a room filled with water, a ladder, and a bunch of drums I think I'm supposed to use to climb someplace. After climbing the wall I didn't find a way out, so I dumped all the drums into the water and tried using them to climb through a underwater passage, but I can't get them to stack properly to get me high enough. I tried for about 10 minutes and gave up. :coffee:
I sort of remember this part, but don't remember the solution. I do remember that whenever I got stuck in the game, it was not because I was not stacking things precisely, or doing something jusssssst right. Whenever I got stuck it was something super obvious.

Madshot, how far have you gotten in Half-life 2?I think im stuck. I met with the Dr and the chick, they botched the transportation thingy when the nasty pet monster thing hopped on me. I ran through some sewers, found a guy who let me in the underground railroad, got passed the helicopter and now im in a industrial sewer area with a room filled with water, a ladder, and a bunch of drums I think I'm supposed to use to climb someplace. After climbing the wall I didn't find a way out, so I dumped all the drums into the water and tried using them to climb through a underwater passage, but I can't get them to stack properly to get me high enough. I tried for about 10 minutes and gave up. :goodposting:
I got stuck there to, I think there is another area in the dark passages that you can get through. Use your light and even if you think a hallway ends, walk to the end and then look right and left.

Madshot, how far have you gotten in Half-life 2?I think im stuck. I met with the Dr and the chick, they botched the transportation thingy when the nasty pet monster thing hopped on me. I ran through some sewers, found a guy who let me in the underground railroad, got passed the helicopter and now im in a industrial sewer area with a room filled with water, a ladder, and a bunch of drums I think I'm supposed to use to climb someplace. After climbing the wall I didn't find a way out, so I dumped all the drums into the water and tried using them to climb through a underwater passage, but I can't get them to stack properly to get me high enough. I tried for about 10 minutes and gave up. :mellow:
Find a valve (hehe) that will fill the area with more water. The rise in water will get you high enough to get across.

Madshot, how far have you gotten in Half-life 2?I think im stuck. I met with the Dr and the chick, they botched the transportation thingy when the nasty pet monster thing hopped on me. I ran through some sewers, found a guy who let me in the underground railroad, got passed the helicopter and now im in a industrial sewer area with a room filled with water, a ladder, and a bunch of drums I think I'm supposed to use to climb someplace. After climbing the wall I didn't find a way out, so I dumped all the drums into the water and tried using them to climb through a underwater passage, but I can't get them to stack properly to get me high enough. I tried for about 10 minutes and gave up. :popcorn:
Find a valve (hehe) that will fill the area with more water. The rise in water will get you high enough to get across.
this is the right answer. it's on that big pipe, and is hard to find, but it's there.

Only major gripe about Half Life 2 is that their are many areas that can get you stuck that are not puzzles. The only reason this happens is because everything is linear and then they hide a switch somewhere random. Also, the driving segments blow.

Only major gripe about Half Life 2 is that their are many areas that can get you stuck that are not puzzles. The only reason this happens is because everything is linear and then they hide a switch somewhere random. Also, the driving segments blow.
The driving/boating segments were my least favorite parts as well.

The driving/boating segments were my least favorite parts as well.
They were, but I don't mind because they're usually segmented into moments you need to get off and battle. It's a nice change of pace. The only time I hated the driving sections was during Episode 2 when I was trying to take the gnome from the beginning to the end. Keeping that damn thing in the car was a #####. One bump and it was gone. I think I saved every few seconds during those parts as long as I confirmed I still had it with me. Luckily, the gnome isn't required and only for a stupid achievement and I'll never do it again.

Parasailer said:
Glaven said:
Parasailer said:
I've got two WoW Guest passes and two Starcraft II Guest passes if anyone is interested.
what exactly is a guest pass?
Lets you play the game for a certain amount of days for free
i'd like the starcraft one if you still got it. wanting to see if my laptop will run it.

madshot31 said:
SkyRattlers said:
Drifter said:
Once I'm done Awakenings though I'm kinda worried there's gonna be a dead spot for my gaming interests. Perhaps it's not fair to say it's a dead spot. It's simply a return to normal gaming levels after the last 12 months of epic releases. I don't believe I've ever encountered so many top shelf games in a 12 months period before. And in comparison the next 12 months is looking like a major dry spell.
What games have you played in the past year. There are some great games that aren't as main stream that you might not know about.
Alright, you asked....WolfensteinBatman: Arkham's AsylumMarvel Ultimate Alliance 2Operation FLashpoint: Dragon RisingHalo 3: ODSTBrutal LegendBorderlandsLeft 4 Dead 2Mass Effect 2Forza Motorsport 3NHL 10COD:MW2Metro 2033Bioshock 2Battlefield Bad Company 2Just Cause 2Red Dead RedemptionAssassin's Creed 2Alan WakeTransformer's War for CybertronDragon Age OriginsThese are just the games I've played that were released in the last 12 months.

madshot31 said:
SkyRattlers said:
Drifter said:
Alright, you asked....WolfensteinBatman: Arkham's AsylumMarvel Ultimate Alliance 2Operation FLashpoint: Dragon RisingHalo 3: ODSTBrutal LegendBorderlandsLeft 4 Dead 2Mass Effect 2Forza Motorsport 3NHL 10COD:MW2Metro 2033Bioshock 2Battlefield Bad Company 2Just Cause 2Red Dead RedemptionAssassin's Creed 2Alan WakeTransformer's War for CybertronDragon Age OriginsThese are just the games I've played that were released in the last 12 months.
Only good games that I know of not on this list from this past year are Final Fantasy 13 and Bayonetta.

Last edited by a moderator:
madshot31 said:
SkyRattlers said:
Drifter said:
Only good games that I know of not on this list from this past year are Final Fantasy 13 and Bayonetta.
I'll sell my copy of Bayonetta for $10.It's a great action game but really short.

Just finished up Red Dead Redemption, great ending. Def, moves to the top as one my fave games of the year after ME2. Now to get 100 percent. Have about 10 percent more to go.

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
X
:goodposting: I don't understand the crazy love for the game.

Pretty much done with Borderlands for the time being and just ordered Fallout 3 GOTY, based mainly on what I've read here. Looking forward to it. :goodposting:

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
X
:goodposting: I don't understand the crazy love for the game.
:shrug: Game sucked.

Last edited by a moderator:
madshot31 said:
SkyRattlers said:
Drifter said:
Splinter Cell: Conviction

To me, it felt like SC: Conviction sold out and went for the casual fps crowd while ditching what made the original games great. Also, the 3rd person view felt really clunky while they tried to get by it by placing a auto kill marking system. Might as well throw a easy button in the game. :kicksrock:

Got to 99.5% on Red Dead last night. Have 3 bounties left which should get me to 99.8% but other than that I am at a lose as to what I've missed.

Got an email that the 1st free downloadable content for Alan Wake came out yesterday, will try that out as soon as I close out Red Dead.

To me, it felt like SC: Conviction sold out and went for the casual fps crowd while ditching what made the original games great. Also, the 3rd person view felt really clunky while they tried to get by it by placing a auto kill marking system. Might as well throw a easy button in the game. :shrug:
I missed that one off my played list. For some reason the achievement tracking site I use refuses to acknowledge that I've played it.I quite enjoyed it though. It was one of the more satisfying co-op games I've ever played. A well planned and executed 8 man take down could make you feel like gods.

I haven't been a Final Fantasy player since the original 3 versions for Nintendo. I don't see myself getting back into the series at this point especially when the reviews of this latest one were so mixed.Now Bayonetta on the other hand is definitely one that I'll have to revisit. It didn't strike me as very appealing when it first came out but given the strong reviews I think I'll have to give it a chance if I can pick it up cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread