What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (4 Viewers)

:unsure: new DLC for Mass Effect 2 out now.
Played through the new DLC this weekend. I'm a bit of an ME homer, but I thought this was probably right up there with Broken Steel in Fallout 3 in terms of high quality content. It's a fair number of points but well worth it if you like the series (lots of connections to ME1 for those that have played both).

Anyone else getting FIFA for the 360? Bonzai?

Looking to resurrect the team we set up last year. I believe Gator is going PS3 though.

So, who is getting Halo:Reach? I'm on the fence of getting it.
I'm getting it. The early reviews have been great, sounds like it's the best single-player campaign yet. The multiplayer will keep me interested for a while, at least until COD:BO and MofO come out. :rolleyes:

goonsquad said:
wazoo11 said:
I'm getting it. The early reviews have been great, sounds like it's the best single-player campaign yet. The multiplayer will keep me interested for a while, at least until COD:BO and MofO come out. :)
I'm giving up on Halo. If the SP is good I'll get it. All my friends have it but I rarely play online anymore and when I do I just get pwned because I play like 2 hours a week. Just not fun anymore.I will be firing up NHL 11.

wazoo11 said:
Looks like I'll be getting it tonight after all. I wasn't even thinking about buying it until yesterday when my roommate, who is short on cash, pitched a deal where we go in on it together. He's a big time campaign and firefight guy, and I'll only be paying $20 in the deal to get it full time whenever I want for multiplayer until GoW3 comes out, then its his game forever.
:shrug: new DLC for Mass Effect 2 out now.
Played through the new DLC this weekend. I'm a bit of an ME homer, but I thought this was probably right up there with Broken Steel in Fallout 3 in terms of high quality content. It's a fair number of points but well worth it if you like the series (lots of connections to ME1 for those that have played both).
How long is this DLC in hours and missions?

Finished chapter one of Wake. Story has me hooked and the Roy Orbison song at the end was a nice touch. Animations are a little weird, but the game has a creepy Twin Peaks horror movie feel and I can see myself enjoying this one.
Great atmosphere, concept, and story that has terrible controls and repetitive gameplay after and hour. The game was alright for me, but with its 5 year development, it should not have had the weak points it does. Also, for all the awesome forest areas you go into, their is not a single damn animal anywhere, its a shame what the game could of been.
The lack of animals was deliberate. One of the live action trailer episodes had a scene where one of the townsfolk grabbed his shotgun and went off into the forest to track down the shadow creatures. One of the first things he notices is the complete lack of animal sounds. He is attacked shortly after.
Can you say cop out? :P Its would be like playing Red Dead Redemption without animals.
Seems logical to me. Animals sense danger more acutely....forest fires, earthquakes, etc. and they make scarce. Not a big leap from that to shadow demons.
Yeah, in the game they make an express point to mention dogs getting freaked out and running away more than once. You do get attacked by a whole mess of crows in the game too, heck it's one of the achievements to kill like 1,000 of them.But I can see the disappointment from one angle, which was the enemies were not varied enough. Yeah, they had lumberjacks and cops and hikers and campers, plus all the possessed objects, but the occasional possessed dog or bear or something would have been a nice throw in.

wazoo11 said:
Looks like I'll be getting it tonight after all. I wasn't even thinking about buying it until yesterday when my roommate, who is short on cash, pitched a deal where we go in on it together. He's a big time campaign and firefight guy, and I'll only be paying $20 in the deal to get it full time whenever I want for multiplayer until GoW3 comes out, then its his game forever.
:goodposting: new DLC for Mass Effect 2 out now.
Gamespot says about 2 hours or so but is very much worth it. That is the PC review. I assume the 360 is about the same.

I'll be picking up Halo Reach soon. I played a bit of the campaign over the weekend and it was quite fun. The multiplayer is better now with loadouts -can't dominate newbs with the jump/shoot/jump/shoot/melee combo any more, but otherwise nothing groundbreakingly different. The Headhunter mode was fun and an interesting twist on slayer. Wasn't sure if I liked Invasion - a lot of WTF moments and unbalaced map situations in that one (although maybe its just my lack of experience with the maps).

If any PC gamers are interested and have not played BFBC2 yet, you can buy the digital download for $12 right now. Absolute smoking deal.

hxperson said:
I'll be picking up Halo Reach soon. I played a bit of the campaign over the weekend and it was quite fun. The multiplayer is better now with loadouts -can't dominate newbs with the jump/shoot/jump/shoot/melee combo any more, but otherwise nothing groundbreakingly different. The Headhunter mode was fun and an interesting twist on slayer. Wasn't sure if I liked Invasion - a lot of WTF moments and unbalaced map situations in that one (although maybe its just my lack of experience with the maps).
Also a new feature to make note of is that they have added matchmaking to firefight mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
madshot31 said:
Bull Dozier said:
Early reviews on Halo:Reach?
FYI, most places don't put out reviews until the launch day unless they are payed off and have a glowing biased objective.
Full copies of Halo Reach have been leaked for weeks.
I know, mom and pop stores or ebay can land you any game a week early, but my comment was directed towards the likes of ign/gamespot and other big internet reviews.

madshot31 said:
Bull Dozier said:
Early reviews on Halo:Reach?
FYI, most places don't put out reviews until the launch day unless they are payed off and have a glowing biased objective.
Full copies of Halo Reach have been leaked for weeks.
I know, mom and pop stores or ebay can land you any game a week early, but my comment was directed towards the likes of ign/gamespot and other big internet reviews.
I only use those sites to gauge whether a game is generally any good, and I usually have other resources that typically are better gauges than those. I also don't pay attention to review scores that much.

madshot31 said:
:rant: new DLC for Mass Effect 2 out now.
1 mission, but it's very long with 3-4 major segments. Took me maybe 3 hours or so (estimate) on insane difficulty. It definitely has meaningful plot development, however (not 3 hours of jumping around in the hovertank or whatever its called)

Best Buy had the best deal on Halo Reach that I saw(still available)- $20 giftcard plus 500 reward zone points($10) if you are a member of the gamer zone (no charge). $62.99 after tax and free shipping to store plus $30 in gift cards.

Won't be able to go to BB so i had ordered Reach on Amazon awhile ago. Haven't fired up the 360 for two years or so, hope it still works.

I believe Toys R Us is giving $25 gift cards with purchase of Halo today only.
Be sure to use that gift card soon. I got a TRU $30 gift card with Halo ODST and it turned out that it expired in two weeks (had it on the back of the card in tiny print). I was PISSED! It's too bad that I was unable to use it on the day I got it either, since you have to wait a day.

Strictly ncaa 11 now on the console. Play bfbc2 when I just feel like relaxing.

I'm gonna pass on fifa this year. Played fifa 10 a lot and it doesn't look like they've made enough manager mode improvements to keep me interested.

Really looking forward to assassins creed. Ill probably skip all the Fall shooter releases (MOH, COD, HALO)

Broke out the NES and SNES.

Have some games through the Wii, but it's just not the same.

Mike Tyson's PO, Excitebike, Pro Wrestling, SMBs, RC Pro Am, Baseball Stars, Kung Fu, RBI, etc.

Can't beat the nostalgia value on a console you've owned for over 20 years.

Anyone have any recommendations on an awesome PSP game? I'm going on a trip this weekend and am going to have a lot of time to waste either reading or playing PSP. I've really only played a couple PSP games, so recommend anything. Older (cheaper) is fine if it's good.

eta - should I start w/ the God of War game? I liked GoW on PS2 when it came out.

eta2 - I love shooters, but lament the fact that psp only has one nub... so probably no shooters... :goodposting:

Anyone have any recommendations on an awesome PSP game? I'm going on a trip this weekend and am going to have a lot of time to waste either reading or playing PSP. I've really only played a couple PSP games, so recommend anything. Older (cheaper) is fine if it's good.eta - should I start w/ the God of War game? I liked GoW on PS2 when it came out.eta2 - I love shooters, but lament the fact that psp only has one nub... so probably no shooters... :thumbup:
Final Fantasy the original for the nostalgic factor or any of the FF for PSP. I killed the original while on vacation in NFLD this summer.

Geez, got notified my pre-ordered copy of Halo shipped yesterday and Amazon gave me a $20 credit towards another game. So I went on their website and did not realize that Civilization 5 comes out next Tuesday, Fallout 3: New Vegas mid-october, Fable 3 a week after that. And I still have yet to open my borrowed copy of Bioshock 2 much less had a chance to play Mass Effect 2 or Starcraft 2 or get more than halfway thru Fallout 3 GOTY.

Anyone have any recommendations on an awesome PSP game? I'm going on a trip this weekend and am going to have a lot of time to waste either reading or playing PSP. I've really only played a couple PSP games, so recommend anything. Older (cheaper) is fine if it's good.eta - should I start w/ the God of War game? I liked GoW on PS2 when it came out.eta2 - I love shooters, but lament the fact that psp only has one nub... so probably no shooters... :goodposting:
Final Fantasy the original for the nostalgic factor or any of the FF for PSP. I killed the original while on vacation in NFLD this summer.
FF VII is one of the only psp games I have/have played. I'm partly through it and will likely play it some.

Playing these games right now hard core in a rotation.

NCAA 2011

Madden 2011

MLB The Show 2009

College Hoops 2K8

My next game is no doubt NBA2K11 on 10/5. And I am eagerly awaiting Battlefield Vietnam so I can get back online and play with some of you guys again. I am actually itching to go back and play some onslaught this weekend. Feel like shooting and blowing stuff up. LOL.

I will have 5 sports titles in rotation for the next 6 months. Then I will pick up NHL 2011 for under 40 bucks.

So, I should take you off tonight's list for legendary four player co-op campaign and maybe a private match? :mellow: Being serious. You know how I feel in terms of gameplay for Gears vs CoD/Halo, but the opportunity of having people playing in co-op is what attracts me to the game, besides getting it for cheap. I went and picked it up last night due to getting out of class at 10:00 PM near by the closest store that would have the game. I live in a small town about 20 minutes away from here and you can't get games until a few weeks after launch. I caught a movie and arrived at the place about 10 minutes till midnight. Lucky enough I got there just in time to see a 5'6" 110 pound kid get destroyed by the 6' 300 pound security guard because he wouldn't drop his 4' tall homemade fiberglass Halo sword. Security guards have a lot of built up rage.

AhrnCityPahnder said:
Moobin Steadily said:
Bull Dozier said:
Moobin Steadily said:
Why?
The :eek: was mostly for these crap-ola games taking my ifriends away from gears for all of a week until they start using Halo as coasters. Also what Arhn said. I never got the love for Halo.
I got large love for Halo. Just not the past couple. Original Halo's campaign and LAN play = 11/10 and the online play of H2 = 19/10
I'm just hoping it is good. I don't play online, so the only multi player action I get is a budy who hosts LAN parties at his house. We're still playing Halo2, and I'm hoping this is good enough that he upgrades. The fact that you can build maps is probably enough for him, so I'm just hoping they haven't screwed up the game play.

AhrnCityPahnder said:
Moobin Steadily said:
Bull Dozier said:
Moobin Steadily said:
Why?
The :thumbdown: was mostly for these crap-ola games taking my ifriends away from gears for all of a week until they start using Halo as coasters. Also what Arhn said. I never got the love for Halo.
I got large love for Halo. Just not the past couple. Original Halo's campaign and LAN play = 11/10 and the online play of H2 = 19/10
I'm just hoping it is good. I don't play online, so the only multi player action I get is a budy who hosts LAN parties at his house. We're still playing Halo2, and I'm hoping this is good enough that he upgrades. The fact that you can build maps is probably enough for him, so I'm just hoping they haven't screwed up the game play.
You could do that in the last one, couldn't you?

You could do that in the last one, couldn't you?
:lmao: Never got it.

Halo. :moneybag:

But I only play matchmaking for the most part. I'm too competitive to sit down and play campaign when I could be beasting on noobs.

haven't played in awhile, I always liked Resident Evil, Metal Gear, Tomb Raider etc...

What game can I pick up that would be similar?

I fine with getting an older game for a few bucks, used.

So I don't need the latest Call of Duty for $49.99 when I would be content with the original.

Any suggestions?

ETA: I have a Wii

KOTOR is for sale on Steam today only for $2.50! Amazing price for that game. I grabbed the Force Unleashed yesterday for $7.50. Worth the small gamble there. Every day this week is a super sale on a Star Wars game.

Users who are viewing this thread