What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (2 Viewers)

Just got MGS Phantom Pain for XB1--pretty good so far.  Not sure it's the second best game ever for the XB1 (as rated on Metacritic) but still pretty good.  Anyone else play it?
Played through it last year. Long game, but feels stretched a bit and you'll see why it feels incomplete eventually (that's because it technically is).

I still enjoyed the heck out of it, despite what others in this thread have to say about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Battalion 1944 a brand new WWII FPS is in development. Pure old school squad based no upgrade BS FPS.

Simply put. The weapons you have...are the weapons you have and playing 10 hours a day will give you no advantage in regards to upgrades like all the modern day shooters. This will be true user skill and teamwork in an authentic WWII world! http://www.operationsports.com/forums/non-sports-gaming/874001-battalion-1944-ps4-xbox-one-steam.html.
I bet it doesn't catch on, but this sounds great to me.

I wish they would update and re-release the classic COD games.  I'd enjoy playing through those.

Battalion 1944 a brand new WWII FPS is in development. Pure old school squad based no upgrade BS FPS.

Simply put. The weapons you have...are the weapons you have and playing 10 hours a day will give you no advantage in regards to upgrades like all the modern day shooters. This will be true user skill and teamwork in an authentic WWII world! http://www.operationsports.com/forums/non-sports-gaming/874001-battalion-1944-ps4-xbox-one-steam.html.
Your link just sent me to a forum page that I needed to be a member to see. I did find a kickstarter page that has a 5 minute video though. 

Scoresman said:
I tried this a while ago because my UO Nostalgia is off the charts.  The problem is the game hasnt aged well at all.  Too many quality of life things that I've gotten used to from modern games that arent here.  

I dont know why no one's succeeded in modernizing this type of sandbox MMO.  
I hear ya but this game has yet to be topped imo. Obviously the nostalgia is what bring me back but the shear freedom to do as you please is unparalleled even to this day. 

There are help programs such as razor that take 80% of the repetitive mouse clicking away. It takes some setting up but it's magic. You can also have several accounts going at once. I've almost GMed magery in 2 days while I was at work or sleeping. 

Can I play Far Cry Primal without playing any others?
Absolutely. They stand on their very own.

Far Cry 4 was excellent. Primal looks amazing and totally fresh as far as time period and no guns at all. Pure Caveman/Beastmaster type game set in post Jurassic period (after the Dinosaurs were wiped out but you had Saber Toothed Tigers and Woolly Mamouths etc). Warring tribes and pure survival. Think Quest For Fire and 10,000 BC mashed up with The Beastmaster.

If that sounds cool to you, this is your game.

I hear ya but this game has yet to be topped imo. Obviously the nostalgia is what bring me back but the shear freedom to do as you please is unparalleled even to this day.

There are help programs such as razor that take 80% of the repetitive mouse clicking away. It takes some setting up but it's magic. You can also have several accounts going at once. I've almost GMed magery in 2 days while I was at work or sleeping.
I fired up an account last night. Oh the memories.

Need any wood? :excited:

I got killed about 15 second into Primal. The game was loading a bunch of ad ons and I missed the message that I needed to sneak.

Wooly Mammoth, sup!

Iif anybody else is interested even if it's just to relive the nostalgia for a few minutes ....

UoRenaissance.com

Go to the downloads and then click the all in one installer and it does everything for you. 

If anybody is actually serious about playing let me know and we can work together.  I never had a good computer back in the day so I couldn't do much PVP but I plan to this time around. 

I have a house and looking for a spot to place a bigger one.

I've started to get flying down now.  My only problem with it is that sometimes I'll fly right over the ball and look like an idiot on the replay of the goal that's sure to follow.
i struggle with my timing, i tend to fly into the goal right before the ball lands harmlessly right behind me

JerseyToughGuys said:
I got killed about 15 second into Primal. The game was loading a bunch of ad ons and I missed the message that I needed to sneak.

Wooly Mammoth, sup!
lol, me too.

crush304 said:
i struggle with my timing, i tend to fly into the goal right before the ball lands harmlessly right behind me
I've found starting from further back helps a lot... although I do still mess up the timing and the ball sometimes drops right below me as I sail over it.  Had one where I flew about 3/4 of the field to knock it in the other night.  Woke up my wife to show her.  She wasn't as amused by it as I was.

Kanil said:
Nice SMILE link!
Yea, if you use Amazon- why not do the smile? Just ordered about $1500 in stuff yesterday (not a high roller or anything, wife ended up with about $3K of gift card credit from work that we used for Christmas and getting things like a new snowblower, etc) so it is nice that a little extra support can go to a good cause and I love Children's Hunger Fund work.

I am going to buy a new game in anticipation of getting the console. There are some coupons I have that I can get either Call of Duty Black Ops III, Destiny The Taken King, or Halo 5 Guardians. Based on the past- I would put COD, Halo and then Destiny since I always enjoyed the past COD's a lot as well as Halo and then I never played anything Destiny. So, I think I will get COD unless someone can talk me into one of the others for some reason.

Yea, if you use Amazon- why not do the smile? Just ordered about $1500 in stuff yesterday (not a high roller or anything, wife ended up with about $3K of gift card credit from work that we used for Christmas and getting things like a new snowblower, etc) so it is nice that a little extra support can go to a good cause and I love Children's Hunger Fund work.

I am going to buy a new game in anticipation of getting the console. There are some coupons I have that I can get either Call of Duty Black Ops III, Destiny The Taken King, or Halo 5 Guardians. Based on the past- I would put COD, Halo and then Destiny since I always enjoyed the past COD's a lot as well as Halo and then I never played anything Destiny. So, I think I will get COD unless someone can talk me into one of the others for some reason.
I thought Destiny had a lot more replayability than COD games in the past and kept my interest longer.  If you're looking for pure PVP, go COD by far but if the campaign/coop is interesting to you, give Destiny a shot.

Does FC: Primal follow the same formula of past games where you explore the area, climb the next area's tower to reveal the map, etc?

Does FC: Primal follow the same formula of past games where you explore the area, climb the next area's tower to reveal the map, etc?
sorta?

I am about 5 hours into the game. Haven't climbed a tower but I have "unlocked / opened" areas on the map. Hunting is a lot more important this time IMO. Also, the game seems to be build around the "unlocks" for equipment / skills / NPCs / areas. One thing leads to the next and the next and the next. You chase the carrot a bit, but so far its enjoyable.

Plus, you can get killed by a random eagle attack every now and then, which is nice.

So Far Cry Primal is arriving today. But yesterday I plunged in the PSN store since they are having a sale.

I picked up The Witcher III Wild Hunt for 24.99

OMG. How did I miss this gem. Let's put it this way. Between The Witcher III, Far Cry Primal and MLB The Show 16 (March 29th) I am set for a long time. I cancelled my UC4 pre-order. 

The Witcher III is incredible and I just scratched the surface. Wow what an epic RPG adventure game of the highest quality in story telling, music and voice acting. Amazing. Combat is a little clunky, but I can overlook that because the depth and vast world is just amazing. It may end up being my favorite RPG of all time when it is all said and done. This is Mass Effect quality in terms of story, dialog, characters and universe. Mass Effect is my gold standard. The Witcher III may become the platinum standard.

Fallout 4 is officially on the shelf for a while (I can always go back and jump right back in like I do with Skyrim). 

Yeah I have no clue how I'm gonna play all the games I wanna play this year. I just started far cry 4 and loving it. Id like to eventually play far cry primal. Then zelda twilight princess hd is coming out next week and uncharted 4 in April

Happy birthday, Pokemon! The original titles turn 20 years old today. These games have definitely filled some % of my life, I was the target demographic (9 years old) when this game was released in America, and I've owned every title that I've also had the matching handheld.

And so...

Pokemon Sun & Moon officially announced.

boxart_en.jpg

Yeah I have no clue how I'm gonna play all the games I wanna play this year. I just started far cry 4 and loving it. Id like to eventually play far cry primal. Then zelda twilight princess hd is coming out next week and uncharted 4 in April
Far Cry 4 should take you about 35-45 hours to fully digest it to the point of getting full. Unless your obsessed with completing every side mission you can finish the main story arc and get a good helping of exploration and liberating every base and unlocking every tower in under 45 hours.

2016 is basically looking like this for me:

Sports

MLB The Show 16

Madden 17

Non Sports

The Witcher III

Far Cry Primal

Until Dawn

That is it for now.

I may have to give withcer iii a spin if it's on sale.

Going to finish Fallout

Still playing this hell out of NHL

The Show coming AND Uncharted :excited:

So I traded Fallout 4 in yesterday. It's crazy how I absolutely LOVE Skyrim but I just cannot get into the Fallout games. I think it's just the environment on them for me. In Skyrim I couldn't wait to see what beautiful thing was over the next hill, but in Fallout I already know...another brown, muddy, rusty, bombed out whatever. Everything just looks the same to me. So I put my trade-in money down on The Division.

I'm with insein, cannot wait for Mass Effect.

So I traded Fallout 4 in yesterday. It's crazy how I absolutely LOVE Skyrim but I just cannot get into the Fallout games. I think it's just the environment on them for me. In Skyrim I couldn't wait to see what beautiful thing was over the next hill, but in Fallout I already know...another brown, muddy, rusty, bombed out whatever. Everything just looks the same to me. So I put my trade-in money down on The Division.

I'm with insein, cannot wait for Mass Effect.
I felt the same way about FO3 and FO:NV.  I just didn't like looking at anything in those worlds.  Fun games and I played the main stories to completion but I didn't have the same desire to explore or look into interesting mods like I did with Skyrim.

The Witcher III is the best non sports game on the new gen consoles.

It's simply fantastic!

I have also played 2 hours of Far Cry Primal and it is already my favorite FC game ever. It's really awesome. The game engine is amazing.

The Witcher III is the best non sports game on the new gen consoles.

It's simply fantastic!

I have also played 2 hours of Far Cry Primal and it is already my favorite FC game ever. It's really awesome. The game engine is amazing.
I gotta say, I was tempted to get Far Cry Primal because it looks really cool.... but I can't go crazy on spending money or my wife will have my head on a platter. I didn't even tell her about getting Halo (went with it because they were out of COD) and FIFA 14 or whatever (hate soccer but it was $9 and figured my daughter might want to play). I think COD and Far Cry are next on my list of games to get.

Welp. I think I'm getting a 1tb1TB drive and upgrading my ps4.  I hit a point where I could decide which games to delete

I found witcher incredibly boring
I'm somewhere in between you and @Todem - I need to go back and finish, because I thought it was enjoyable, but as   I kept progressing through the story I just felt like things were getting more and more stale.  Working on FO4 and and am enjoying it better than the W3.

Users who are viewing this thread