What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (2 Viewers)

Steam sale has a Total War Package that includes; Medieval 2, Rome Complete addition, Empire, Napoleon, Shogun 2 + Fall of Samurai, Viking, Rome 2: Emperor Edition. All for $30. 
Master collection?  I just hooked my pc up to my projector and may star getting pc games again

Have pretty much never played video games (much above Plants vs Zombies and Angry Birds).

Can someone recommend a good game to sit down on a new One S and play something with some action? It'd have to be easy and engaging at least to begin with. If I can get into it, I could see more challenging, but I'll bail if the controls are hard to figure out and/or I constantly get whacked in the first 5 minutes and/or I'm slogging through 10 minutes of nonsensical BS.

Yep, I had to bite on that.  I had been wavering, but I'll definitely get my $25 worth out of a remastered Skyrim with mod support.  

That brings my Black Friday haul up to Dishonored 2 ($35), Deus Ex ($25), Dying Light ($20) and Skyrim ($25).  I also have Alien Isolation sitting on my hard drive when it was on sale a couple of weeks ago for $8 or something ridiculous.  Backlog achieved.

Thanks. As a noob recommend which one to start
I hadn't played one since the original Total War: Rome about 10 years ago. Rome 2 is what I started with today (about an hour of playing) and so I can't give much guidance. 

I did some reading and Shogun 2 gets a lot of love. A bit smaller but very well polished. So, I'd say that. I might switch over and play that too. 

I hadn't played one since the original Total War: Rome about 10 years ago. Rome 2 is what I started with today (about an hour of playing) and so I can't give much guidance. 

I did some reading and Shogun 2 gets a lot of love. A bit smaller but very well polished. So, I'd say that. I might switch over and play that too. 
Shogun 2 is great.  the latest one with the huns is the best though 

Picked up Titanfall 2 on Origin for $32.  On sale for $40 and the code Titan20 gives another 20% off.

Oh, and a couple of weeks ago, I picked up a 1 TB GoW4 XBone S for $120 with a 4K TV I was buying as a PC monitor.  Just hooked it up tonight and now and waiting for the games to install. :sigh:

Oh, and a couple of weeks ago, I picked up a 1 TB GoW4 XBone S for $120 with a 4K TV I was buying as a PC monitor.  Just hooked it up tonight and now and waiting for the games to install. :sigh:
Yea about 56gb. Depending on your connection it could be a bit.

Really? then I need to buy this game
I've only played through about half of the campaign, but I don't see anything that indicates it to be anywhere the level of Halflife.  It's good, but it's more Call of Duty campaign good.  Not Half-Life/Bioshock good.

But it's worth buying.  It's much better than the first Titanfall.  

Last edited by a moderator:
My biggest complaint with the Xbone is that it takes far too long to download and install games.  My first day I owned it, it took the entire day to install a couple of games/plus initial setup.  I can't imagine renting a game.  I'd have to rent it a day before I actually want to play it so to give it time to install, but then I paid for a day that I can't even use it.  Xbox needs an option to pre-install a game prior to purchase/rental.  That way you can install it (but not play it because you don't own it, obviously) and it be ready when you do have it.

Snagged Deus Ex for $25. That's a great price on a game I will love.

My back log is really just stupid now.....but who cares I will play them all!!!!

Have pretty much never played video games (much above Plants vs Zombies and Angry Birds).

Can someone recommend a good game to sit down on a new One S and play something with some action? It'd have to be easy and engaging at least to begin with. If I can get into it, I could see more challenging, but I'll bail if the controls are hard to figure out and/or I constantly get whacked in the first 5 minutes and/or I'm slogging through 10 minutes of nonsensical BS.
Such a tough question. There are all kinds of games that will appeal to different people. GTA and Call of Duty both have "action", but are wildly different types of games.

But ok, you want action, and are new to all of this, so I would say pick up Titanfall 2 and play the single player campaign.  

Kind of mad I didn't buy Overwatch when it first came out. I saw it on sale for like $30 when it first came out, but since then I haven't really seen it at a sale price after it became very popular.

Thanks gents.

Question.. HALO (or any of the other recommendations)  linear? From browsing game reviews I see a lot of games have multiple tangents. Seems to me that if I'm not sure where I'm going to begin with that I'm apt to lose track of where /what's going on. 

Thanks gents.

Question.. HALO (or any of the other recommendations)  linear? From browsing game reviews I see a lot of games have multiple tangents. Seems to me that if I'm not sure where I'm going to begin with that I'm apt to lose track of where /what's going on. 
Halo is pretty linear - you'll always know where to go. 

I have mostly a console player with very light gaming on my laptop.

I am building a pc that should allow me to experience medium to almost heavy gaming on a PC.

I really enjoy RPG's.  What titles should I look at that are not available on Playstation?

NewlyRetired said:

I am building a pc that should allow me to experience medium to almost heavy gaming on a PC.

I really enjoy RPG's.  What titles should I look at that are not available on Playstation?
http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/genre/metascore/role-playing/pc?view=condensed

Threw the to metacritic there for you. Guild Wars, World of Warcraft and Bulgars Gate. Are really the only ones I know of since, my PC gaming is limited. 

My biggest complaint with the Xbone is that it takes far too long to download and install games.  My first day I owned it, it took the entire day to install a couple of games/plus initial setup.  I can't imagine renting a game.  I'd have to rent it a day before I actually want to play it so to give it time to install, but then I paid for a day that I can't even use it.  Xbox needs an option to pre-install a game prior to purchase/rental.  That way you can install it (but not play it because you don't own it, obviously) and it be ready when you do have it.
Odd...never have that problem with mine :shrug: less than 45 minutes usually.

Finished Far Cry Primal at 100%.  Last 40% of the game was running around finding bracelets, daysha hands, etc.  Kinda numbing but still oddly fun.  Each of my boys (12-10-7) has their own "game" on Primal and really enjoy it.  I strongly recommend this game, especially at the current PS Store $14.99 price.

Going to play MLB16 and Walking Dead 2 until I open up Dishonored 2 at Xmas.

One other note about Dishonored 2 that I didn't even notice at first.  When you call up the options screen, you have the option to do a quick save with R2 or do a quick load (of the most recent save) with L2.  I am the kind of person who will reload over and over again until I get through an area in an acceptable fashion.  In a stealth game, that means lots of reloading during my first playthrough, and even more reloading on future playthroughs when I'm going for no kills / no alerts.  Being able to save my progress with two button presses is great, and the ability to reload without going back to a menu or getting set back to a checkpoint is a godsend.  More games should do this.  

The way I play it, this game might as well not even have melee combat, because if I get into a sword fight, I ####ed up and am going to be reloading.  In the rare instances where I just go with it, I have to rely on pure button-mashing since I never bother to learn how to actually block or stagger anybody.

My only real complaint so far is that the loading times seem way too long considering that it's not exactly a graphical masterpiece and the levels aren't huge once you figure out how to get around.  I'm pretty sure the initial load is over a minute for each level, with reloads pushing 30-45 seconds.  Reloads in particular should really be instantaneous.  

NewlyRetired said:

Baldur's Gate 2 has never been topped, imho. It's older, so you don't need a powerful PC to play it.

Pillars of Eternity is pretty good as well. 

Odd...never have that problem with mine :shrug: less than 45 minutes usually.
Seems mine will only download at around 2-3 MBits/Hour max.  It's horrible.  And it's not my internet speed.  It's like the system has a max set on it (and I can't find it to turn it off).  My ISP download speed typically ranges around 60-80 and I don't have download problems on my PC.  

Seems mine will only download at around 2-3 MBits/Hour max.  It's horrible.  And it's not my internet speed.  It's like the system has a max set on it (and I can't find it to turn it off).  My ISP download speed typically ranges around 60-80 and I don't have download problems on my PC.  
I would look at how you're connected. I have a release day xbox one and have zero problems, connected via Cat 6 to a 1G switch uplinked to my wifi router. Both of my kids have year old xboxes connected via wifi and have the exact same experience as my cabled one. I am on Comcast internet and am ~100M in download.

Bethesda.  skyrim.  ever played fallout?  try fallout 3 and new vegas
I am a heavy console player so I have played all of those.  Great games!

I was looking for pc games that are not on playstation ( I have played a ton of rpg's on playstation so I am looking for PC exclusives like Path of Exile.

I am a heavy console player so I have played all of those.  Great games!

I was looking for pc games that are not on playstation ( I have played a ton of rpg's on playstation so I am looking for PC exclusives like Path of Exile.
Gotcha. I pretty much only play on pc. what about strategy games?  total war, starcraft...

Users who are viewing this thread