What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

VY's Passer Rating = 65.7, Completion % = 51.7 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vince deserves the kudos he received in the wake of the Rose Bowl performance which was tremendous.

but I am getting rather sick about hearing about how great he is.

he ran for one touchdown and threw for none vs. Houston with one interception.

it was a great run, against a crappy team in Overtime when they were within FG range already. you;d think nobody ever ran for a 39 yard touchdown before...I swear the hyperbole is ridiculous. Vick breaks off better runs then that on a weekly basis. Anyone remember Steve Young's unbelievable winding 70 yard run? Does Vy's run against Houston belong in that class? Honestly?

Hell even Brady Quinn broke a 70 yard vs. us.

he can still barely throw vertically and his longest completion of the year is still not over 40 yards. he is averaging 6 yards per attempt and barely 11 yards per completion...UNDER 10 yards per completion is the REAL measuring stat, and anything under `10-11 is dinking and dunking passing.

vs. Indianapolis, the guy throws 2 TDs and 2 INT's, and their kicker boots a 60 yarder.

vs. the Giants, they completely collapse, he deserves credit for doing a good job, but let's face it, he was dead to rigths and the game was over when Kiwanuka let him go. letting VY go is about the dumbest thing you can do on a football field.

vs. Philly, hmmmmm let's see. Donovan McNabb goes down Travis Henry runs for 143 yards, VY throws 8-22 for 101 yards and a touchdown. thankfully he does not turn the ball over. they win 31-13...21 points are scored on long plays VY had zero to do with...a 70 yard run by Henry, a 90 yard punt return by pac Man Jones and a fumble return for touchdown with 20 seconds left.

so out of those 4 games where this new wave of "Vin-sanity" has grown from, sorry but the guy is not John Friggin Elway.

he may turn out to be a Steve McNair type of Qb with great running ability...

but please, the guy has beaten Houston twice, in two games throwing for 1 touchdown and running for 2 touchdowns. he's beaten Indy on a 60 yard FG that he did not kick, Beaten the NYG in a monumental collapse, which he does deserve credit for leading the comeback.

beaten a McNabb-less Philly

and beaten washington.

and please, if they start shrieking about another "miraculous 4th quarter comback by VY" I am going to vomit.

he was down by 4 friggin points vs. Houston last weekend with 12 minutes left. come on...how often does that happen in the league? OOOOOOOOOOO someone is down 4 points with twelve minutes left in the 4th quarter...and get this...they win!!!!!!!! No way!!!! has that ever happened before?!?!?!?! It's a miraculous comeback!!!!!!!! send him to Canton!!!! Oh...wait....well yeah Houston did come back to tie it and send it to OT...but still it is a miraculous comeback from a tie after the 4th quarter in overtime!!!

Oh my goodness!!! He was down 14-0 in the early 2nd quarter vs. Indy!!!! then, they were leading at the beginning of the 4th quarter but Indy came back to tie them, but VY led a comeback...a miraculous comeback if you can comeback from a tie that is! and then he made a miraculous pose on the sideline while someone actually did something really miraculous, like kicking a 60 yard field goal. Instead of lauding the kicker who booted them to victory for the second week in a row, it is Vinsanity!!!!

The Giants game...yes he deserves credit for an excellent job, but it was still a collapse.

for the 5 won games excluding Indy, his opponents record was 26-39 ...with Indy it is 36-42. the opponents he has beaten have a .460 winning percentage. he has been on the end of two absolute ###-whuppings, vs. Dallas and vs. Jacksonville.

sorry If I don't put the guy in the hall of fame yet.

and he is not the offensive rookie of the year either.

let's get a grip shall we?

Vince deserves the kudos he received in the wake of the Rose Bowl performance which was tremendous.but I am getting rather sick about hearing about how great he is.he ran for one touchdown and threw for none vs. Houston with one interception.it was a great run, against a crappy team in Overtime when they were within FG range already. you;d think nobody ever ran for a 39 yard touchdown before...I swear the hyperbole is ridiculous. Vick breaks off better runs then that on a weekly basis. Anyone remember Steve Young's unbelievable winding 70 yard run? Does Vy's run against Houston belong in that class? Honestly?Hell even Brady Quinn broke a 70 yard vs. us.he can still barely throw vertically and his longest completion of the year is still not over 40 yards. he is averaging 6 yards per attempt and barely 11 yards per completion...UNDER 10 yards per completion is the REAL measuring stat, and anything under `10-11 is dinking and dunking passing.vs. Indianapolis, the guy throws 2 TDs and 2 INT's, and their kicker boots a 60 yarder.vs. the Giants, they completely collapse, he deserves credit for doing a good job, but let's face it, he was dead to rigths and the game was over when Kiwanuka let him go. letting VY go is about the dumbest thing you can do on a football field.vs. Philly, hmmmmm let's see. Donovan McNabb goes down Travis Henry runs for 143 yards, VY throws 8-22 for 101 yards and a touchdown. thankfully he does not turn the ball over. they win 31-13...21 points are scored on long plays VY had zero to do with...a 70 yard run by Henry, a 90 yard punt return by pac Man Jones and a fumble return for touchdown with 20 seconds left.so out of those 4 games where this new wave of "Vin-sanity" has grown from, sorry but the guy is not John Friggin Elway.he may turn out to be a Steve McNair type of Qb with great running ability...but please, the guy has beaten Houston twice, in two games throwing for 1 touchdown and running for 2 touchdowns. he's beaten Indy on a 60 yard FG that he did not kick, Beaten the NYG in a monumental collapse, which he does deserve credit for leading the comeback.beaten a McNabb-less Phillyand beaten washington.and please, if they start shrieking about another "miraculous 4th quarter comback by VY" I am going to vomit.he was down by 4 friggin points vs. Houston last weekend with 12 minutes left. come on...how often does that happen in the league? OOOOOOOOOOO someone is down 4 points with twelve minutes left in the 4th quarter...and get this...they win!!!!!!!! No way!!!! has that ever happened before?!?!?!?! It's a miraculous comeback!!!!!!!! send him to Canton!!!! Oh...wait....well yeah Houston did come back to tie it and send it to OT...but still it is a miraculous comeback from a tie after the 4th quarter in overtime!!!Oh my goodness!!! He was down 14-0 in the early 2nd quarter vs. Indy!!!! then, they were leading at the beginning of the 4th quarter but Indy came back to tie them, but VY led a comeback...a miraculous comeback if you can comeback from a tie that is! and then he made a miraculous pose on the sideline while someone actually did something really miraculous, like kicking a 60 yard field goal. Instead of lauding the kicker who booted them to victory for the second week in a row, it is Vinsanity!!!!The Giants game...yes he deserves credit for an excellent job, but it was still a collapse.for the 5 won games excluding Indy, his opponents record was 26-39 ...with Indy it is 36-42. the opponents he has beaten have a .460 winning percentage. he has been on the end of two absolute ###-whuppings, vs. Dallas and vs. Jacksonville.sorry If I don't put the guy in the hall of fame yet.and he is not the offensive rookie of the year either.let's get a grip shall we?
:shrug: Poor baby, that 41-38 is STILL killing you!And I only hear you, lhucks, and the other Vince haters talk about "hall of fame" and "great", etc. Who else is saying that Vince should be in the "hall of fame" or that Vince is great? Just the haters, right?

Vince deserves the kudos he received in the wake of the Rose Bowl performance which was tremendous.but I am getting rather sick about hearing about how great he is.he ran for one touchdown and threw for none vs. Houston with one interception.it was a great run, against a crappy team in Overtime when they were within FG range already. you;d think nobody ever ran for a 39 yard touchdown before...I swear the hyperbole is ridiculous. Vick breaks off better runs then that on a weekly basis. Anyone remember Steve Young's unbelievable winding 70 yard run? Does Vy's run against Houston belong in that class? Honestly?Hell even Brady Quinn broke a 70 yard vs. us.he can still barely throw vertically and his longest completion of the year is still not over 40 yards. he is averaging 6 yards per attempt and barely 11 yards per completion...UNDER 10 yards per completion is the REAL measuring stat, and anything under `10-11 is dinking and dunking passing.vs. Indianapolis, the guy throws 2 TDs and 2 INT's, and their kicker boots a 60 yarder.vs. the Giants, they completely collapse, he deserves credit for doing a good job, but let's face it, he was dead to rigths and the game was over when Kiwanuka let him go. letting VY go is about the dumbest thing you can do on a football field.vs. Philly, hmmmmm let's see. Donovan McNabb goes down Travis Henry runs for 143 yards, VY throws 8-22 for 101 yards and a touchdown. thankfully he does not turn the ball over. they win 31-13...21 points are scored on long plays VY had zero to do with...a 70 yard run by Henry, a 90 yard punt return by pac Man Jones and a fumble return for touchdown with 20 seconds left.so out of those 4 games where this new wave of "Vin-sanity" has grown from, sorry but the guy is not John Friggin Elway.he may turn out to be a Steve McNair type of Qb with great running ability...but please, the guy has beaten Houston twice, in two games throwing for 1 touchdown and running for 2 touchdowns. he's beaten Indy on a 60 yard FG that he did not kick, Beaten the NYG in a monumental collapse, which he does deserve credit for leading the comeback.beaten a McNabb-less Phillyand beaten washington.and please, if they start shrieking about another "miraculous 4th quarter comback by VY" I am going to vomit.he was down by 4 friggin points vs. Houston last weekend with 12 minutes left. come on...how often does that happen in the league? OOOOOOOOOOO someone is down 4 points with twelve minutes left in the 4th quarter...and get this...they win!!!!!!!! No way!!!! has that ever happened before?!?!?!?! It's a miraculous comeback!!!!!!!! send him to Canton!!!! Oh...wait....well yeah Houston did come back to tie it and send it to OT...but still it is a miraculous comeback from a tie after the 4th quarter in overtime!!!Oh my goodness!!! He was down 14-0 in the early 2nd quarter vs. Indy!!!! then, they were leading at the beginning of the 4th quarter but Indy came back to tie them, but VY led a comeback...a miraculous comeback if you can comeback from a tie that is! and then he made a miraculous pose on the sideline while someone actually did something really miraculous, like kicking a 60 yard field goal. Instead of lauding the kicker who booted them to victory for the second week in a row, it is Vinsanity!!!!The Giants game...yes he deserves credit for an excellent job, but it was still a collapse.for the 5 won games excluding Indy, his opponents record was 26-39 ...with Indy it is 36-42. the opponents he has beaten have a .460 winning percentage. he has been on the end of two absolute ###-whuppings, vs. Dallas and vs. Jacksonville.sorry If I don't put the guy in the hall of fame yet.and he is not the offensive rookie of the year either.let's get a grip shall we?
I remember way back, 8 weeks ago, when many shark pool posters called Tennessee the worst team in the NFL, THE WORST. Why is it so damn hard to give this kid a little credit. The above post is John L Smith scary. Vince has done a fantastic job in an extremely difficult situation as a rookie. He has W's versus Philly, NYG and Indy. If it were me, at a minimum, I'd say thats interesting & impressive.

I remember way back, 8 weeks ago, when many shark pool posters called Tennessee the worst team in the NFL, THE WORST. Why is it so damn hard to give this kid a little credit. The above post is John L Smith scary. Vince has done a fantastic job in an extremely difficult situation as a rookie. He has W's versus Philly, NYG and Indy. If it were me, at a minimum, I'd say thats interesting & impressive.
:D Anybody that thinks the Titans are winning in spite of Vince wasn't watching earlier this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
you don;t think that those 6 rushing games had where he averaged over 7 yards a carry had something to do with something else maybe, do ya?

hmmmmmm Titans are the #4 rushing team in the league and in the bottom three in passing. VY is the second to last worst rated passer in the league.

let's see

Houston twice - total 11 rushes-130 yards -2 TD's

Houston ranked 21st in run defense, 28th overall defense

Indy twice (one win) total 13 rushes 121 yards 0 TD's

Indy ranked dead last in run defense, 18th in overall defense

Philly 6 rushes 49 yards 0 TD -

Philly 29th in run defense, 17th total

NYG 10 rushes 69 yards, 1 TD

NYG 8th in run defense, 20th in total defense

22 rushes 80 yards 1 TD combined in 4 games vs. jacksonville, dallas, san diego, and baltimore

all 4 are in the top 7 in rush defense

seeing a bit of a correlation?

VY play bad run defense, VY run good

VY play good run defense, VY run bad

VY plays jacksonville this weekend. we'll see if his luck holds up against a real run defense...maybe he will do better then his 4 attempts for 14 yards last time around. But I wouldn't bet on him being InVincible this week.
So, 8th in run defense is bad, but 7th is good?Overall run defense isn't really a good measure of a teams ability to limit the damage of a scrambling QB anyway.

:lmao: Poor baby, that 41-38 is STILL killing you!And I only hear you, lhucks, and the other Vince haters talk about "hall of fame" and "great", etc. Who else is saying that Vince should be in the "hall of fame" or that Vince is great? Just the haters, right?
Have fun in the olive garden bowl :banned:

:rant: ...member #22000 calling me a troll. I've forgotten more about fantasy football in the last week, than you'll ever know. FYI, I create the challenging discussion around here in the offseason. If you're obedient I might let you get me my coffee. :ptts:Run along now...there's mod brownnosing that needs to be done. :colin:
I swear, every time I see LHUCKS post, it's like watching that dumb, fat kid in school who hasn't figured out how to finish his homework, let alone wear deoderant, and thinks he's the schiznit, while all the other kids around him roll their eyes and just turn the other way as he blathers on and on about how cool he is.Do you really think anyone finds you challenging or takes you seriously? You're a punchline here--not the Socrates of fantasy football. Let's get this straight. But, we do enjoy mocking you. Lord knows with you spending your life on this board, there's much opportunity and material to enjoy.

:rant: ...member #22000 calling me a troll. I've forgotten more about fantasy football in the last week, than you'll ever know. FYI, I create the challenging discussion around here in the offseason. If you're obedient I might let you get me my coffee. :ptts:Run along now...there's mod brownnosing that needs to be done. :colin:
I swear, every time I see LHUCKS post, it's like watching that dumb, fat kid in school who hasn't figured out how to finish his homework, let alone wear deoderant, and thinks he's the schiznit, while all the other kids around him roll their eyes and just turn the other way as he blathers on and on about how cool he is.
M. Moss (shortened from Moskowitz. No, really.) My Jester Hall roommate my soph year at Texas. About 5' 6", 120#. Curly, greasy hair with something that looked like sawdust in it. Coke bottle lenses. Looked kinda like the scientist character on the Simpsons. Walked around mumbling to himself a lot, yet when engaged in conversation, always made completely inappropriate, rude comments about everyone. Most arrogant little f'er you can possibly imagine.Yep. There are people 'round here that are a lot like him. :cry:

:lmao: ...member #22000 calling me a troll. I've forgotten more about fantasy football in the last week, than you'll ever know. FYI, I create the challenging discussion around here in the offseason. If you're obedient I might let you get me my coffee. :thumbup:Run along now...there's mod brownnosing that needs to be done. :colin:
I swear, every time I see LHUCKS post, it's like watching that dumb, fat kid in school who hasn't figured out how to finish his homework, let alone wear deoderant, and thinks he's the schiznit, while all the other kids around him roll their eyes and just turn the other way as he blathers on and on about how cool he is.
M. Moss (shortened from Moskowitz. No, really.) My Jester Hall roommate my soph year at Texas. About 5' 6", 120#. Curly, greasy hair with something that looked like sawdust in it. Coke bottle lenses. Looked kinda like the scientist character on the Simpsons. Walked around mumbling to himself a lot, yet when engaged in conversation, always made completely inappropriate, rude comments about everyone. Most arrogant little f'er you can possibly imagine.Yep. There are people 'round here that are a lot like him. :yes:
Way to throw personal attacks around like mud instead of discussing the topic, theres a reason why the Texas education system is among the lowest in country

:lmao: ...member #22000 calling me a troll. I've forgotten more about fantasy football in the last week, than you'll ever know. FYI, I create the challenging discussion around here in the offseason. If you're obedient I might let you get me my coffee. :thumbup:Run along now...there's mod brownnosing that needs to be done. :colin:
M. Moss (shortened from Moskowitz. No, really.) My Jester Hall roommate my soph year at Texas. About 5' 6", 120#. Curly, greasy hair with something that looked like sawdust in it. Coke bottle lenses. Looked kinda like the scientist character on the Simpsons. Walked around mumbling to himself a lot, yet when engaged in conversation, always made completely inappropriate, rude comments about everyone. Most arrogant little f'er you can possibly imagine.Yep. There are people 'round here that are a lot like him. :yes:
Way to throw personal attacks around like mud instead of discussing the topic, theres a reason why the Texas education system is among the lowest in country
Whom did I personally attack?BTW...read the thread...I've stayed on topic, until now, as much or more than anyone.

LHUCKS said:
Unfortunately one liners, insults and unsubstantive posts are still what the shark pool is about during the season.I'll be back in February...explaining why Matt Leinart is the next great QB in the NFL.
Ahhhh, the classic troll exit. Spend 9 pages on a fishing expidition, complain that the thread has become worthless, and leave (or threaten to leave) the forum.See you at the trolly awards in Februaray! :thumbup:
:yes: ...member #22000 calling me a troll. I've forgotten more about fantasy football in the last week, than you'll ever know. FYI, I create the challenging discussion around here in the offseason. If you're obedient I might let you get me my coffee. :lmao:Run along now...there's mod brownnosing that needs to be done. :colin:
Now LHucks (#4948) knows how I feell when I have to respond to the drivel he puts out as a four-digit member. BTW LHucks, black, no sugar or cream, and get me a bagel while you're up. ;)

Whom did I personally attack?BTW...read the thread...I've stayed on topic, until now, as much or more than anyone.
Sorry Scotty, I m ent to quote the other guy

to use steve young as an example of a running QB is an insult to his career. The man had a passer rating of almost 100. If i recall he has the highest career rating ever. The running just happened to be a great compliment to his ability to throw. But make no mistake the man could chuck the rock.
Exactly! To call VY a running QB is also an insult! VY uses his legs as a compliment/weapon. He is a pass first QB, who can CRUSH you with his running ability, especially if you blitz and open the lanes for him. I implore you to watch him play, watch closely and analytically...just one game! Watch him take snaps from under center, drop back into the pocket and go through his reads. After you watch the game, tell me honestly if you don't think he can "chuck the rock".
you dont think mike vick drops back frequently also???? Why do you think he gets sacked so much? Just because a guy drops back and looks around DOES NOT mean he is making good reads.
I'm asking you to watch him play and objectively judge for yourself. I don't believe you've ever done that. Don't post, watch.
this is what is sad about many posters on here. Everybody assumes they are the only ones who have the freaking ticket and tivo or because they get the local broadcast they are some expert with insider info. WAKE THE F$#% UP people. WE ALL HAVE IT!!!!!!! We all have the multi TV nerd setup. Its who we are.

LHUCKS said:
Colin Dowling said:
Well done, Al. That made me laugh.
Unfortunately one liners, insults and unsubstantive posts are still what the shark pool is about during the season.I'll be back in February...explaining why Matt Leinart is the next great QB in the NFL.
Let's see if he can be better than the other great rookie Cutler this weekend.

it was a great run, against a crappy team in Overtime when they were within FG range already. you;d think nobody ever ran for a 39 yard touchdown before...I swear the hyperbole is ridiculous. Vick breaks off better runs then that on a weekly basis. Anyone remember Steve Young's unbelievable winding 70 yard run? Does Vy's run against Houston belong in that class? Honestly?

Hell even Brady Quinn broke a 70 yard vs. us.
Really? Young's run Sunday was "the second longest TD in overtime by a quarterback, behind Michael Vick's 46-yard sprint on Dec. 1, 2002 at Minnesota, and sixth longest overall."http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sp...14/14vince.html

his longest completion of the year is still not over 40 yards.
Yeah. It's 39. Nice cherry-pick. To be fair, though, he's had many passes dropped this year, including several that would have gone for more than 40.

On Sunday alone Bennett dropped one on the first drive that woulda gone for a 67 yd TD. Then in the OT period, Young threw a perfect deep ball from Tenn's 44 to Bennett which would have been a big gain and likely a TD. Bennett was slowed by a hold and ended up about a yard short.

Banger said:
Fact2: VY has been a poor passer this year
Rookie QB ratings...Cutler 83

Leinart 73

Young 65

Note that Young's best attribute is his ability to scramble which isn't reflected in QB rating....I don't see a huge difference between he and the other rookies....
:thumbup: The fact that Jay Cutler is ahead of both of those guys in rating should show exactly how worthless that statistic is.
No doubt...and here is the current NFL top 10 in qb rating:Charlie Batch PIT 137.5

Anthony Wright CIN 109.7

Sage Rosenfels HOU 103.0

Drew Brees NO 101.2

Tarvaris Jackson MIN 101.0

Carson Palmer CIN 98.7

Kyle Boller BAL 98.5

Damon Huard KC 97.6

Jeff Garcia PHI 97.4

Tony Romo DAL 96.6

:yucky: :lmao: :lmao:

he can still barely throw vertically and his longest completion of the year is still not over 40 yards. he is averaging 6 yards per attempt and barely 11 yards per completion...UNDER 10 yards per completion is the REAL measuring stat, and anything under `10-11 is dinking and dunking passing.
He was #1 in the NCAA last year in yards per attempt. He is not a dink and dunk passer. In fact, his best throw is his deep ball. This is where he has been killed by his receiving corps this year.

Banger said:
Fact2: VY has been a poor passer this year
Rookie QB ratings...Cutler 83

Leinart 73

Young 65

Note that Young's best attribute is his ability to scramble which isn't reflected in QB rating....I don't see a huge difference between he and the other rookies....
:jawdrop: The fact that Jay Cutler is ahead of both of those guys in rating should show exactly how worthless that statistic is.
No doubt...and here is the current NFL top 10 in qb rating:Charlie Batch PIT 137.5

Anthony Wright CIN 109.7

Sage Rosenfels HOU 103.0

Drew Brees NO 101.2

Tarvaris Jackson MIN 101.0

Carson Palmer CIN 98.7

Kyle Boller BAL 98.5

Damon Huard KC 97.6

Jeff Garcia PHI 97.4

Tony Romo DAL 96.6

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
what a joke. nice post. why did you leave out longwell, tomlinson, ryan, akers, and mewelde? Or did you feel tomlinson's name might take away from your point too much? Or maybe the kickers being in there would make it even more laughable. Those stats are so pointless that I could use them to make VY foolish. I mean if QB rating is so easy to manipulate and get a high rating. Why cant young do it then? I mean surely he is a better QB than Ryan Longwell. He must throw a better ball than David Akers. Well maybe not. If it is so easy to complete 100% of your passes, than why cant young complete more than 52%????

to use steve young as an example of a running QB is an insult to his career. The man had a passer rating of almost 100. If i recall he has the highest career rating ever. The running just happened to be a great compliment to his ability to throw. But make no mistake the man could chuck the rock.
Did you see him early in his career?
+---------------------------------------+-----------------+ | Passing | Rushing |+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+| Year TM | G | Comp Att PCT YD Y/A TD INT | Att Yards TD |+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+| 1985 tam | 5 | 72 138 52.2 935 6.8 3 8 | 40 233 1 || 1986 tam | 14 | 195 363 53.7 2282 6.3 8 13 | 74 425 5 || 1987 sfo | 8 | 37 69 53.6 570 8.3 10 0 | 26 190 1 || 1988 sfo | 11 | 54 101 53.5 680 6.7 3 3 | 27 184 1Yes, 1 in every 4 dropbacks was a run early in his career, his completion % was TERRIBLE. And that was after playing in the USFL for a bit.
Damn it, quit coming in here with facts. Everyone KNOWS that Steve Young came into the league as a highly effective passing QB and virtually never ran with the ball and it is damned disingenuous of you to twist and mangle the facts in that manner!
do people remember how horrible and what a laughing stock TB was??? If you look at his SF numbers those first 2 years he had 7% of his passes go for a TD vs vs less than 4% for VY. His YPA is higher, his INT % is lower and his completion % is higher.

And if we arent going to eliminate the TB years, then we better include the San fran years. ie the years he had over 30 PASSING TDs.

A "running" QB he was not. His passing stats are far superior.
I did...His first two years in San Fran are there, and it all shows that Steve Young was not a good passer early in his career, and relied much more on running.

If anything, his later years in San Fran only support the argument that Vince Young could become an amazing QB. Do you really thing it's a fair comparison to use Steve Young as a seasoned veteran in comparison to Vince Young as a rookie??????????

There are a lot of people posting on this thread who don't seem to appreciate the rookies who have only started ten games should probably be compared to others who are similarly situated. Which means other rookies or to the rookie stats of other QBs.

Common sense, where are you?

what a joke. nice post. why did you leave out longwell, tomlinson, ryan, akers, and mewelde? Or did you feel tomlinson's name might take away from your point too much? Or maybe the kickers being in there would make it even more laughable.
:unsure: I just copied and pasted the top 10 qbs. The point, in case you missed it, is that the rating isn't all it's cracked up to be. There are 3, maybe 4 guys on that list that are worth a damn.

what a joke. nice post. why did you leave out longwell, tomlinson, ryan, akers, and mewelde? Or did you feel tomlinson's name might take away from your point too much? Or maybe the kickers being in there would make it even more laughable.
:confused: I just copied and pasted the top 10 qbs. The point, in case you missed it, is that the rating isn't all it's cracked up to be. There are 3, maybe 4 guys on that list that are worth a damn.
you are right, they arent worth a damn, in the whole scope of their careers. However in whatever game that they had that high of a rating, they were. There are almost no examples of qbs with good career QB ratings who are considered bad QBs. In fact I cant think of a single one.

There are a lot of people posting on this thread who don't seem to appreciate the rookies who have only started ten games should probably be compared to others who are similarly situated. Which means other rookies or to the rookie stats of other QBs.Common sense, where are you?
Again this is where it is all about opinion. I personally feel a running qb progresses differently. They will have quicker success, much like vick did. Its easier to gang up on a pocket passer who is fully dependent on the pass for obvious reasons.

:shrug: I just copied and pasted the top 10 qbs. The point, in case you missed it, is that the rating isn't all it's cracked up to be. There are 3, maybe 4 guys on that list that are worth a damn.
you are right, they arent worth a damn, in the whole scope of their careers. However in whatever game that they had that high of a rating, they were. There are almost no examples of qbs with good career QB ratings who are considered bad QBs. In fact I cant think of a single one.
Brian Griese's career rating is 15th all time. Elway is 43rd and Unitas is 52nd.Edit: Neil Lomax is 10th.

:thumbup: I just copied and pasted the top 10 qbs. The point, in case you missed it, is that the rating isn't all it's cracked up to be. There are 3, maybe 4 guys on that list that are worth a damn.
Brian Griese's career rating is 15th all time. Elway is 43rd and Unitas is 52nd.Edit: Neil Lomax is 10th.
except those examples.... :hifive:

Ahhhh, the classic troll exit. Spend 9 pages on a fishing expidition, complain that the thread has become worthless, and leave (or threaten to leave) the forum.See you at the trolly awards in Februaray! :confused:
:lmao: ...member #22000 calling me a troll. I've forgotten more about fantasy football in the last week, than you'll ever know. FYI, I create the challenging discussion around here in the offseason. If you're obedient I might let you get me my coffee. :DRun along now...there's mod brownnosing that needs to be done. :colin:
WHY dont the admins around here do anything about this guy. He apparently thinks the only opinions around here that count are the ones that are have lower member numbers among other worthless criteria. This guy is insulting and elitist and his opinions are no more valid than anyone elses. Shoot I guess the rest of the paying members who dont participate on the boards in Feb are not welcome here!!

Ahhhh, the classic troll exit. Spend 9 pages on a fishing expidition, complain that the thread has become worthless, and leave (or threaten to leave) the forum.See you at the trolly awards in Februaray! :confused:
WHY dont the admins around here do anything about this guy. He apparently thinks the only opinions around here that count are the ones that are have lower member numbers among other worthless criteria. This guy is insulting and elitist and his opinions are no more valid than anyone elses. Shoot I guess the rest of the paying members who dont participate on the boards in Feb are not welcome here!!
I was responding to a negative, condescending post. I don't take cheap shots, I fire back. What really should have happened here was multiple timeouts for those that started with the insults and non-discussion related posts. :D It's basically an unwritten rule that you can fire back if you're first fired upon...I'm not going to let some tool walk into one of my threads(that are usually better than most) and ruin it with inflammatory personal comments. I'm going to fire back and put the tool in his place. If the mods don't want me firing back, they'll give the timeouts to the first offenders...either way works for me.

Ahhhh, the classic troll exit. Spend 9 pages on a fishing expidition, complain that the thread has become worthless, and leave (or threaten to leave) the forum.See you at the trolly awards in Februaray! :goodposting:
I was responding to a negative, condescending post. I don't take cheap shots, I fire back. What really should have happened here was multiple timeouts for those that started with the insults and non-discussion related posts. ;)
So you fire back and use member # which is basicly stating anyone with a lower number than you is a noob and some of your other comments here specifically about the pool being crappy during the season is directed at everyone not participating in Feb. That is why you are elitist and insulting. Dont even pretend to be inocent. your as bad if not worse than the people who insult because you strut around claiming to be better.

Ahhhh, the classic troll exit. Spend 9 pages on a fishing expidition, complain that the thread has become worthless, and leave (or threaten to leave) the forum.See you at the trolly awards in Februaray! :goodposting:
:lmao: ...member #22000 calling me a troll. I've forgotten more about fantasy football in the last week, than you'll ever know. FYI, I create the challenging discussion around here in the offseason. If you're obedient I might let you get me my coffee. ;)Run along now...there's mod brownnosing that needs to be done. :colin:
HI GSN, A couple of notes...1. The boards are free and always will be.2. LHUCKS is communicated with by mods via PM when necessary, just as everyone else is.3. We tend to allow a certain amount of leeway for people to pick nits as long as there is some good football talk behind it.That said, let's cut off the name-calling. Cool?

So you fire back and use member # which is basicly stating anyone with a lower number than you is a noob and some of your other comments here specifically about the pool being crappy during the season is directed at everyone not participating in Feb. That is why you are elitist and insulting. Dont even pretend to be inocent. your as bad if not worse than the people who insult because you strut around claiming to be better.
My response is always equally offensive or less offensive than the first-offender. And those responses are alway only aimed at the person whom I responded to. I obviously know that member # has nothing to do with how much knowledge a person may or may not have. It was a flaming post in reaction to a worse flaming post...I thought that was obvious. Mine was actually more tongue and cheek than the original in this instance.

Ahhhh, the classic troll exit. Spend 9 pages on a fishing expidition, complain that the thread has become worthless, and leave (or threaten to leave) the forum.See you at the trolly awards in Februaray! :thumbup:
;) ...member #22000 calling me a troll. I've forgotten more about fantasy football in the last week, than you'll ever know. FYI, I create the challenging discussion around here in the offseason. If you're obedient I might let you get me my coffee. :bye:Run along now...there's mod brownnosing that needs to be done. :colin:
HI GSN, A couple of notes...1. The boards are free and always will be.2. LHUCKS is communicated with by mods via PM when necessary, just as everyone else is.3. We tend to allow a certain amount of leeway for people to pick nits as long as there is some good football talk behind it.That said, let's cut off the name-calling. Cool?
OK so you specifically target me and tell me to cut off the name calling, but lhucks is dealt with via PM.I guess you proved member number does matter. I wont bother posting here again since this place clearly has issues and doesnt want or care about new people.

:thumbup: ...member #22000 calling me a troll. I've forgotten more about fantasy football in the last week, than you'll ever know. FYI, I create the challenging discussion around here in the offseason. If you're obedient I might let you get me my coffee. :thumbup:Run along now...there's mod brownnosing that needs to be done. :colin:
OK so you specifically target me and tell me to cut off the name calling, but lhucks is dealt with via PM.I guess you proved member number does matter. I wont bother posting here again since this place clearly has issues and doesnt want or care about new people.
A) I'm sure he was addressing everybody.B) Joe and the staff go out of their way to make the new guys feel welcomed, and I do too unless they come in trolling...which has clearly been the case in this threadC) It's your loss if you don't want to stick around...you'll learn more here than anywhere else.

:fishing: I just copied and pasted the top 10 qbs. The point, in case you missed it, is that the rating isn't all it's cracked up to be. There are 3, maybe 4 guys on that list that are worth a damn.
What do you consider a good rating? David Carr has a 87.5 rating this year and tied the NFL record for consecutive completions. His rating was extremely high in that game but we lost, so I will go on record and say his game of multiple 3 yard completions wasn't worth a damn, just like his NFL career so far (career rating of 76.3).

There's 'some' valid point to the original post... in that the lack of passing will and does catch up (see Vick). Take away the mobility, if you can match up with a decent secondary... and these guys are often stopped.

However, it makes for great fawning. Can't wait until Tennessee is on the prime time tube next year, and we have to deal with how poised and special VY is when he ties his shoes (it will happen).

In any case, passer rating doesn't purely equate to how good of a passer a QB is within the context of the game, but sure is one of the strongest indicators that there may be so difficiency in VY's passing ability.

... a win is a win... and he's damn exciting to watch, but so far ...recent history has shown that you AT SOME POINT will be subject to win a game with your passing.
As a recent VY crow eater I have the following statement to make: I know it is very early in his career but Young seems to know how to rally his troops (leadership) something I think Vick lacks. Young seems to do just enough to win where Vick seems to do just enough to lose. With that said don't expect me to fall at Youngs feet yet.
:popcorn: I know we've been over this before, but the Falcons have been awful without Vick since he came into the league and have had a very good record(and 2 playoff appearances-both times getting past the first round) with him. Where do you get this from?

I've yet to see an impressive passing performance from him at the NFL level.
24 or 39 for 249 and 2 TDs wasn't impressive? Maybe you should disclose your expectations before we continue. Tell us: if 107 doesn't do it, what passer rating does VY have to put up to impress you?
Definitely his best game. I think "impressive" would be embellishing a bit here, but that was a solid game.
Impressive would not be embellishing at all! If anything thats an understatement! A rookie QB with very little talent around him will 99% of the time struggle. He put up great stats in that game.

I've yet to see an impressive passing performance from him at the NFL level.
24 or 39 for 249 and 2 TDs wasn't impressive? Maybe you should disclose your expectations before we continue. Tell us: if 107 doesn't do it, what passer rating does VY have to put up to impress you?
Definitely his best game. I think "impressive" would be embellishing a bit here, but that was a solid game.
Not to compare Leinart v VY but Leinarts best QB rating is 101 and 100 vs Det and St. Louis (bad teams) and you said he's been amazing, so what gives? 107 > 100, VY's best game is solid (and better than Leinarts) but Leinart is amazing? :thumbup: The funny thing is that you're beating on VY for his 65 QB rating but Leinart's is 73 and Youngs big attribute is his running ability which isn't included in passer rating.
I do really want to keep Leinart out of this and the focus on VY....I'm going to start a Leinart thread in a few days with my observations on what he's fastly becoming...one of the top 5 passing QBs in the league.
LHUCKS, I say this in complete sincerity:I think you are one of the best posters here when you are not discussing Pac10 players or issues or rivals of the Pac10.I think you're one of the absolute worst posters here when you are discussing those things.Seriously, I don't think I've ever met or seen anyone(whether it be online, on tv, or on radio) who goes from so bad to so good based upon personal bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread