What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

W3 Sunday AM Notes (1 Viewer)

Jene Bramel

Footballguy
Sean Weatherspoon is listed questionable, but I think he plays despite the short week. I'll post ASAP if he's a surprise early game inactive.

Buster Skrine is now starting for Sheldon Brown permanently and Usama Young has taken over at FS for Eric Hagg. Skrine has some value as a CB2, as does Dmitri Patterson, who continues to fill in for Joe Haden. I think Skrine likely keeps the starting position when Haden returns, with Patterson returning to the nickel job and Brown competing for dime snaps or, possibly, transitioning to free safety. The Browns also continued to use Craig Robertson in the nickel despite Scott Fujita's return last week. Against the Buffalo spread, that makes Robertson a sneaky LB4 in deeper leagues today.

Carlos Dunlap is back for Cincinnati. With a full week of practice, the Bengals may let Dunlap take 50 snaps, especially with the rotation suffering the loss of Jamaal Anderson. Expect Vontaze Burfict to play WLB in the base defense, with Vincent Rey as the nickel OLB next to Rey Maualuga. Neither have clear upside against Washington. Jeromy Miles likely starts for Taylor Mays again this week. Leon Hall is likely out today with a calf injury.

Brandon Meriweather was back to a limited practice this week, but probably out this week. He could bump DeJon Gomes from the lineup next week. Rob Jackson will get a majority of the OLB snaps in place of Brian Orakpo.

Colin McCarthy is out again this week. Will Witherspoon starts at MLB and plays every down. Zach Brown starts at WLB. Both Witherspoon and Ayers remain LB3+ while McCarthy sits.

Expect Wes Woodyard to again rotate in the base defense with Keith Brooking -- at least until Brooking breaks down.

Russell Allen will continue to play every down in Daryl Smith's absence. We're two weeks into Smith's recovery from aggravating his groin strain. He's yet to practice and could be out another 1-2 weeks or more.

Pat Angerer remains out with his foot fracture. There's been no indication that he'll be back at practice over the bye week, which could mean that Week 5-6 are in question as well. There's no need to rush him back with Jerrell Freeman playing capably. I still expect that we'll see Angerer/Conner in the base and Angerer/Freeman in the nickel when Angerer returns.

Jonathan Casillas is questionable, but able to make it through consecutive limited practices on Thursday and Friday. It's an early game, so watch the inactives here. If Casillas is down, David Hawthorne likely becomes an every-down linebacker today and worthy of LB3/flex consideration.

The Jets cut Bryan Thomas this week to make room on their roster. He's expected to be re-signed but Garrett McIntyre gets another start at OLB (with Aaron Maybin getting a minor subpackage rotational role).

James Harrison and Troy Polamalu remain out this week. Polamalu is still not practicing and the calf injury smells like a 3-4 week absence. The OLB rotation with Jason Worilds and Chris Carter will continue. Ryan Mundy replaces Polamalu again.

Rolando McClain is questionable and hadn't yet been cleared to play according to Dennis Allen on Friday. He's not been ruled out, but he's a very risky start. If you put him in your lineup, have a ready LB3 hedge for him. Travis Goethel would play MLB, with Miles Burris assuming nickel snaps alongside Phillip Wheeler. Wheeler and Burris would be viable LB3, Goethel is an option in deep tackle heavy leagues only.

Erin Henderson is out with a concussion today. Curtis Jasper Brinkley will play every down and the matchup is strong enough to consider him as a LB3. Marvin Mitchell will play WLB.

Mason Foster looked more healthy last week, but continues to rotate out of some subpackages. Sooner or later, his production will start to reflect the loss of snaps should that continue. Use him as a LB3, but don't hesitate to sit him if you've another comparable option.

Paul Kruger looks likely to return tonight, but Albert McClellan and Courtney Upshaw are earning playing time. Bernard Pollard will play through his chest injury. There's a small chance of re-aggravation, but he's safe to use as a DB2+.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jene, Any word on Jairus Byrd? I am contemplating flexing George Wilson if Byrd is out.
Chan Gailey thought his progress was good on Thursday and expected him to play. Didn't notice he was still questionable. I'll have confirmation when the inactives come out.

Jene please, how u see Garrett McIntyre chance to keep the starting position in rest of season?

And what about Perry Riley? He is very quiet so far. I expected much more from him. ...

Jene please, how u see Garrett McIntyre chance to keep the starting position in rest of season?And what about Perry Riley? He is very quiet so far. I expected much more from him. ...
McIntrye is a rotational body. Thomas will again be the primary LOLB when he's healthy.The Redskins have had below average tackle opportunity and Riley has had ten solos, a FF and a PD. That's right on pace for a LB3 tier finish. Not sure we can expect much more than that unless the opportunity improves significantly.

Hey Jene I think this week or next week Darian Stewart will start taking snaps away from Dahl. Can you think of some Safeties that have underpreformed that I should flip Dahl for while he still has value?

Carlos Dunlap active, but Robert Geathers starting.

Titans announce Jordan Babineaux back in starting lineup over Robert Johnson. Go get him back, but temper expectations to DB3+ rather than DB2+.

Jonathan Casillas active. Removes potential added value for David Hawthorne.

Darrelle Revis active, Leon Hall inactive.

Derek Cox active, but not starting.

Jene please, how u see Garrett McIntyre chance to keep the starting position in rest of season?And what about Perry Riley? He is very quiet so far. I expected much more from him. ...
McIntrye is a rotational body. Thomas will again be the primary LOLB when he's healthy.The Redskins have had below average tackle opportunity and Riley has had ten solos, a FF and a PD. That's right on pace for a LB3 tier finish. Not sure we can expect much more than that unless the opportunity improves significantly.
Thank you Jene :)And please, do you want to tell me your opinion about DT Dwan Edwards?Does he deserves starter spot?

Jene,

With Babineaux back in the lineup, would you rather go with him or Gomes? Who do you like for the rest of the season?

Please rank these for reset of seaon:

Babineaux

Gomes

Dahl

Thanks - T

Can you think of some Safeties that have underpreformed that I should flip Dahl for while he still has value?
And please, do you want to tell me your opinion about DT Dwan Edwards?Does he deserves starter spot?
With Babineaux back in the lineup, would you rather go with him or Gomes? Who do you like for the rest of the season?
Respectfully, I very much prefer to keep this thread limited to breaking news updates and inactive lists. I'll make some general comments about player value along the way, but please refrain from team specific advice questions. Thanks.I cannot promise I'll get to them this late in the week, but PM/tweet/email questions -- within a reasonable time and volume, please -- and I'll do my best to answer before game time.

Carlos Dunlap active, but Robert Geathers starting.

Titans announce Jordan Babineaux back in starting lineup over Robert Johnson. Go get him back, but temper expectations to DB3+ rather than DB2+.
FS or SS?
Would assume strong safety more likely, but it's an interchangeable scheme facing a spread offense today.
Jordan Babineaux is starting over Robert Johnson at free safety for the Titans in Week 3.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3076/jordan-babineaux

Users who are viewing this thread