What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

W6 Game Thread - Oakland @ Denver (2 Viewers)

Even given the fumble Jordan seems to be the only player with any heart over there. Hopefully he can get out of that organization.

i havent been able to watch much of the game..so can someone please tell me why its not about 40-3?

im thinking if the Den O cant get uncorked against Oak, when will they?

i was expecting a breakout day for all members of the offense.

Homers?

edit for spelling

Last edited by a moderator:
Jordan looks a lot slower than I remember him from his Jets days.
He got his time in the sun. He made the transition fom good backup to mediocre starter. I applaud his ability to handle that Norv Turner workload last year and stay relatively healthy. However he'll always be a guy that get to pick one of two options: good backup or bad starter.

i havent been able to watch much of the game..so can someone please tell me why its not about 40-3?im thinking if the Den O cant get uncorked against Oak, when will they?i was expecting a breakout day for all members of the offense.Homers?edit for spelling
Plummer still looks horrible.

i havent been able to watch much of the game..so can someone please tell me why its not about 40-3?im thinking if the Den O cant get uncorked against Oak, when will they?i was expecting a breakout day for all members of the offense.Homers?edit for spelling
Oakland's defense hasn't really been that bad this year (all things considered).Denver's offense hasn't been very good this year.Difference in this game: turnovers and penalties.

He got his time in the sun. He made the transition fom good backup to mediocre starter. I applaud his ability to handle that Norv Turner workload last year and stay relatively healthy. However he'll always be a guy that get to pick one of two options: good backup or bad starter.
I am done with your fishing trip.

Oakland's defense hasn't really been that bad this year (all things considered).Denver's offense hasn't been very good this year.Difference in this game: turnovers and penalties.
Also, one of the teams is the Oakland Raiders.

Getting a little too emotionally involved with Jordan?

always has been...it's comical

always has been...it's comical
:rolleyes:

Can we PLEASE fire :mellow: now so that the rebuilding (again) process may begin?
I'm really not much of a conspiracy theory kind of guy but it appears to me the Raiders are trying not to win. If you would have asked me in July what the strength of the team is I would have said WR's. A team that could have thrown out a 4 WR set of Moss, Porter, Gabriel and Curry instead throws out Moss and Whitted. It is especially odd starting a WR the caliber of Whitted opposite Moss when the Raiders know how much attention Moss garners.

It just fails to make sense. Why would the Raiders trade their starting WR, Gabriel, for a paltry 5th round pick a week before the season when they had already made an internal decision to deactivate Porter? Why on earth would the Raiders barely play Curry tonight in favor of Alvis Whitted who has done nothing? Even when they were down and in obvious passing situations they would go with 2 TE's with Moss and Whitted on most plays. Even a casual fan knows the benefit of throwing deep balls to Randy Moss is you open up the field underneath so why would the Raiders choose to not play anyone else with Moss who can take advantage of this?

Do people really buy this Coors beer claim that their beer is best because they use better water in there's than others do? I know people are dumb, but c'mon. It's not like the other major beer makers are using muddy skanky water from somewhere. /rant
Also, I'm no chemistry genius, but I'm pretty sure the brew I'm drinking now is 11% alcohol. So, are ALL beers 90% water? Or just crappy, domestic light beers?
Domestic beers such as Coors are around 3.2% alcohol, but in some states stronger beer is available that is around 5.5%. They don't have 11% alcohol beers available in the U.S. In Germany however, you could probably find that.
You wanna bet on that? Or does 11% Alcohol By Volume mean something other than what I think it means? (I'm drinking St. Bernardus 60th anniversary, BTW, obtained in NC).
That is not a domestic beer. It is an import from The Netherlands. You are correct that it has a higher level alcohol content as you state, so I assume you had to buy it somewhere where they sell liquor, as opposed to your local grocery. Unless laws have changed again since I quit drinking. I've never bought beer in NC either.
please don't try to talk about beer anymore...you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Laws governing alcohol regulation are different in every state. However, I can say that I can buy beers that have 10-14% alcohol at any number of stores...and they need not have a "liquor" license. They are generally 'barley wine' types....but there are all kinds. your attempts to sound authoritative on the subject are quite hilarious though.

One of the worst games I've actually watched this year. :thumbdown:
i'd say that was one of the worst games i've ever seen period. Denver looked pretty pathetic themselves. only scoring 13 against this team at home is embarrassing. And Plummer sucks. i'm dropping his ### tuesday morning.

I thought I read somewhere on here that T Bell has some of the worst hands in the league??Looks good catching the ball to me
Meh, 1 catch for 16 yards, 3 more for -5 yards. That's an average of less than 3 yards per catch. He has something like a 60% catch% on the season, which is really bad for an RB, and he's averaging 4.4 yards per reception, which is HORRIBLE.
Lamont Jordan hitting the ground like a little girl. :lmao:
Is that what you thought when you saw that? What I thought when I saw that was "ineffective or not, that guy has heart. He could play for my team any day of the week."
Shanny got a 13 point lead, and then he turtled up. The first four drives went Punt, TD, FG, FG, and that fourth one could have easily been a TD, too, if it weren't for a mental mistake by Sapp. That was it for the first half. In the second half, it was Martyball all the way. Thanks to Darrent's fumble, Denver only got 4 drives in the second half. One of those was a substantial drive that made it to the red zone before Denver kneeled down to kill the clock. The other three were just conservative drives designed more to kill clock than score points, in my opinion.Discount the drives that ended in kneel-downs, and Denver only had 7 possessions to work with. The average team scores 1.57 points per drive this season. Only 7 teams are averaging more than 2 points per drive. Denver scored 1.86, and would have easily scored more had Sapp not screwed up, or had they cared at the end of the game (i.e. not ended their 8th drive with kneel-downs in the red zone). Considering pretty average starting field position (avg. drive started on the 31.6 yard line, discounting the two drives to end the halves that started on the 1 and the 19).Conclusion: Denver got marginally above-average production with average field position using a conservative philosophy against a defense that's not as bad as everyone thinks. Not a banner day, and a huge step down from the offensive juggernauts of the past, but not nearly as alarming as everyone's making it out to be here.

I thought I read somewhere on here that T Bell has some of the worst hands in the league??Looks good catching the ball to me
Meh, 1 catch for 16 yards, 3 more for -5 yards. That's an average of less than 3 yards per catch. He has something like a 60% catch% on the season, which is really bad for an RB, and he's averaging 4.4 yards per reception, which is HORRIBLE.
Lamont Jordan hitting the ground like a little girl. :lmao:
Is that what you thought when you saw that? What I thought when I saw that was "ineffective or not, that guy has heart. He could play for my team any day of the week."
Shanny got a 13 point lead, and then he turtled up. The first four drives went Punt, TD, FG, FG, and that fourth one could have easily been a TD, too, if it weren't for a mental mistake by Sapp. That was it for the first half. In the second half, it was Martyball all the way. Thanks to Darrent's fumble, Denver only got 4 drives in the second half. One of those was a substantial drive that made it to the red zone before Denver kneeled down to kill the clock. The other three were just conservative drives designed more to kill clock than score points, in my opinion.Discount the drives that ended in kneel-downs, and Denver only had 7 possessions to work with. The average team scores 1.57 points per drive this season. Only 7 teams are averaging more than 2 points per drive. Denver scored 1.86, and would have easily scored more had Sapp not screwed up, or had they cared at the end of the game (i.e. not ended their 8th drive with kneel-downs in the red zone). Considering pretty average starting field position (avg. drive started on the 31.6 yard line, discounting the two drives to end the halves that started on the 1 and the 19).Conclusion: Denver got marginally above-average production with average field position using a conservative philosophy against a defense that's not as bad as everyone thinks. Not a banner day, and a huge step down from the offensive juggernauts of the past, but not nearly as alarming as everyone's making it out to be here.
You always have well reasoned posts backed by interesting and informative statistical analysis. I appreciate your input greatly. That said I'm left with the age old quandry, who should I believe you or my lying eyes? See the problem I had was I watched the Broncos put up 13 points against the league's worst team. The did this at home, assisted by turnovers and by the Raiders constantly shooting themselves in the foot with one drive sustaining penalty after another. Yes the Broncos protected the ball, ran the clock and won. On the other hand they just looked like complete crap.I guess maybe it will take me a while to adjust to this new type of ball coming from the Broncos. Crazy year, so far the Broncos are playing Bears football and the Bears are playing Broncos football.At any rate keep up the great analysis. It does give me something to think about.

Users who are viewing this thread