What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Week 1: Mohammad Sanu (1 Viewer)

Eminence

Footballguy
Mohammad Sanu. I think he makes for an interesting play with Marvin Jones out. You can't throw to AJ Green when he's covered and I think Sanu could capitalize off some play-action. If he's the clear cut #2, he could produce.

Except they DO throw to Green when he's covered. I do agree he can fill a spot for you for 4-5 weeks. At that point Jones will be working back in.

Jones has a bad foot with no guarantee that he will come back healthy. Sanu is going to be a good play for a few weeks at least and possibly a lot longer. Worth a late draft choice in leagues that play 3-4 WR.

I've been pimping Sanu all preseason; word is that he's had a tremendous camp. I can see them skew more towards the run with Jackson, especially after they got to see what they had in Hill, but the #2 WR on this team needs to be on people's radar. He's my WR5 on all but one of my teams.

Mohammad Sanu. I think he makes for an interesting play with Marvin Jones out. You can't throw to AJ Green when he's covered and I think Sanu could capitalize off some play-action. If he's the clear cut #2, he could produce.
Maybe #2 for WR but I think he'd be #4 in targets after Green, Bernard and Eifert.

If they are throwing less in Cincinnati, #4 in targets might not be worth much of an add.

If your weak at WR he makes a interesting play. Also if you need a low cost WR on Draftkings or Fanduel he is a real possibility.

Get him before Sunday. Remember, this guy played safety in college before being moved to wr and has improved every year.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/freshman-mohamed-sanu-does-a-lot-of-everything-for-rutgers-scarlet-knights/1059677

"His first look at Rutgers came at safety for much of the spring, and with two practices left, he moved to receiver. Now Mohamed Sanu is a little bit of everything for the Scarlet Knights."
OK great. So when you say "This guy played safety in college" you actually meant he played 0% of his collegiate games at safety and practiced for a tiny ####### blip of his college career at safety, but other than that he was a WR. Do I have that right? Don't answer, it was rhetorical.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/freshman-mohamed-sanu-does-a-lot-of-everything-for-rutgers-scarlet-knights/1059677

"His first look at Rutgers came at safety for much of the spring, and with two practices left, he moved to receiver. Now Mohamed Sanu is a little bit of everything for the Scarlet Knights."
OK great. So when you say "This guy played safety in college" you actually meant he played 0% of his collegiate games at safety and practiced for a tiny ####### blip of his college career at safety, but other than that he was a WR. Do I have that right? Don't answer, it was rhetorical.
He was recruited to play safety. Is that better?

He was recruited to play safety. Is that better?
Much better :thumbup:

Maybe #2 for WR but I think he'd be #4 in targets after Green, Bernard and Eifert.

If they are throwing less in Cincinnati, #4 in targets might not be worth much of an add.
As a Bengals' fan, I agree with this. Dalton threw 586 last year and everyone is expecting that number to come way down under Hue Jackson to around 530-540 attempts. Marvin Jones was really only playable because of his TDs, and 40% of them came in 1 game against the Jets (17% of his receiving yards came in that game as well). Green, Bernard, Eifert, Gresham/Sanu. He is the #4 or #5 weapon on an offense that will spread it around and pass less that last year. I also think Hill will catch more than the 4 balls that BJGE caught last year. I don't see much/any upside with Sanu unless he becomes a big red-zone threat, and with only 6 TDs through 2 seasons...I don't think there's much evidence of that happening.

I'd rather aim for a WR on a pass-friendly offense or at least one with less competition.

If he catches fire during the first 4 or 5 weeks, it might be hard for the Bengals to keep him out of the lineup and weekly game plan. Plus, there is no guarantee Marvin Jones comes back on time and in perfect health. I'd say he's a pretty nice late sleeper.

Users who are viewing this thread