What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (2 Viewers)

bighead2000 said:
Jeff,

I lost my first game with team in Sig. I guess running back may be a big deal for me, but Jennings is a concern too.

Do you see Simpson or Royal being worth much. Edelman not available.

I think I'm inclined to not make any waiver deals this week. Next week I should be very high in our waiver order with the loss this week.

No on biting so far on either of the qb's.

Thanks
Agree. There will be RBs emerge ... this week it was WR/TE

rascal said:
My team in a 10 team yahoo league that starts QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 Flex, K, D (non-ppr)

QB: Stafford

RB: McCoy, Morris

WR: White, Andre Johnson, Colston

Flex: Sproles, Daryl Richardson

Bench: Decker, Britt, Bryce Brown, Helu, Vincent Brown, Chris Givens

K: Tucker

D: Bengals

Q1: Would you drop anybody for Eldeman or Marlon Brown?

Q2: What would you trade for Pead? As you can see, I've already handcuffed McCoy and Morris, and I'd prefer to do the same with Richardson.
I would drop Helu for Edelman and start him this week .... Pead is worth very little at this point. Offer Brown or Givens if wanting to handcuff

Jeff

I have V Davis as TE

I have room to drop one of my def

which TE do you like has the most up side

Julius Thomas ---- like because manning

Jordan Cameron been hearing good thing about him

Jermichael Finley --- drop him last week for def but like Aaron Roger
I like Thomas and Cameron, but would lean toward the better pass attack ... JThoma

Jeff, 1-1 after the first week. 2 point loss came at the hands of Owen Daniels and Victor Cruz in the two late games of the week. Runner-up for high points but that's how this game works!

Looking into Week 2.

10 team PPR

Have Amendola, looks like he'll be ruled out. Waiver claims close Wednesday night. 15 transaction limit on the season.

-Make a claim for Hartline, Hankerson, MBrown, Roberts?

OR

-Save the trans. and start Tavon Austin as my WR3?

14 team PPR, return

RBs are a mess now with the Vereen injury. Who do I put a FAAB in for and drop in return?

-Daniel Thomas, Isaiah Pead, Zac Stacy, Da'Rel Scott, McGahee/Turner/Wells/Jacobs? (Would drop Isaace Redman)

-I have Foster/Tate/LBell/Vereen

Thanks!

Kevin
First team: save the transaction for now unless Edelman available.

Second team: I would hold off unless NYG signs a RB. None others are worth starting ...

*** any thoughts on Marlon Brown (Jacoby Jones out at least a month) or Brian Hartline OVER either Edelman & Randle that I plan to scoop up?

Dropping QPATTON & KTHOMPSON for Edelman & Randle!

To pick up my extra RB, I may need to drop another WR so I am leaning towards Emmanuel Sanders!

Pitt seems a mess and WRs will only continue to develop so is that a wise move Jeff?

YOU HAVE BEEN NOTHING SHORT OF GREAT TO THIS NOLA GIRL ALL WEEK!!!!!

THANKS TO YOU & you family for sharing you with all of us crazy FF Fanatics :)

Last edited by a moderator:
*** any thoughts on Marlon Brown (Jacoby Jones out at least a month) or Brian Hartline OVER either Edelman & Randle that I plan to scoop up?

Dropping QPATTON & KTHOMPSON for Edelman & Randle!

To pick up my extra RB, I may need to drop another WR so I am leaning towards Emmanuel Sanders!

Pitt seems a mess and WRs will only continue to develop so is that a wise move Jeff?

YOU HAVE BEEN NOTHING SHORT OF GREAT TO THIS NOLA GIRL ALL WEEK!!!!!

THANKS TO YOU & you family for sharing you with all of us crazy FF Fanatics :)
my only thought is to drop those two for JE and RR quickly. I would have no problem dropping Sanders. The two you are picking up are superior. Make sure to start Edelman if Amendola is out Thursday night.

Jeff,

Would you trade Olsen for BGE? PPR Guy made me an offer....team in sig

His Team below. He had offered Stafford and Bge for Ollsen and Kaep.

I'm not sure BGE is going to help much. What do you think?

If I can win this week....then maybe I just Wait.

Thanks,

Matt Forte, Chi

Brandon Marshall, Chi3.11
Darren Sproles, NO4.2
Danny Amendola, NE5.11
Steve Smith, Car6.2
Vernon Davis, SF7.11
Golden Tate, Sea8.2
Matthew Stafford, Det9.11
Benjarvus Green-Ellis, Cin10.2
Danny Woodhead, SD11.11
Vick Ballard, Ind12.2
Cordarrelle Patterson, Min13.11
Shonn Greene, Ten14.2
Andrew Hawkins, Cin15.11
Michael Bush, Chi16.2
Stephen Gostkowski, NE17.11
Cleveland Browns

Jeff,

Brandon Jacobs....will he be worth much?

D. Baldwin worth picking up in this ppr league? Hopefully Jennings gets it going this week.

Thanks

Vereen is said to be out till week 11?

So I was leaning towards dropping Emmanuel Sanders like I said but going with Joquie Bell with Bush already begginning to regress with a hammy and broken thumb?

Leaning towards Bell ---- what chances do you give Brandon Jacobs with the G-men?

THOUGHTS?

Jeff

I have GB as my def this week vs Was

This i what on WW

Oak vs JAC

Bill vs Car

Arz vs Det

Cle @ Bal

No vs TB

Car @ Bill

Bill vs Car

who do you like ? or should i stick with GB

Jeff,

Would you trade Olsen for BGE? PPR Guy made me an offer....team in sig

His Team below. He had offered Stafford and Bge for Ollsen and Kaep.

I'm not sure BGE is going to help much. What do you think?

If I can win this week....then maybe I just Wait.

Thanks,

Matt Forte, Chi

Brandon Marshall, Chi3.11
Darren Sproles, NO4.2
Danny Amendola, NE5.11
Steve Smith, Car6.2
Vernon Davis, SF7.11
Golden Tate, Sea8.2
Matthew Stafford, Det9.11
Benjarvus Green-Ellis, Cin10.2
Danny Woodhead, SD11.11
Vick Ballard, Ind12.2
Cordarrelle Patterson, Min13.11
Shonn Greene, Ten14.2
Andrew Hawkins, Cin15.11
Michael Bush, Chi16.2
Stephen Gostkowski, NE17.11
Cleveland Browns
no way.

Vereen is said to be out till week 11?

So I was leaning towards dropping Emmanuel Sanders like I said but going with Joquie Bell with Bush already begginning to regress with a hammy and broken thumb?

Leaning towards Bell ---- what chances do you give Brandon Jacobs with the G-men?

THOUGHTS?
Like the Bell pick up and am avoiding Jacobs

Jeff

I have GB as my def this week vs Was

This i what on WW

Oak vs JAC

Bill vs Car

Arz vs Det

Cle @ Bal

No vs TB

Car @ Bill

Bill vs Car

who do you like ? or should i stick with GB
GB or OAK. Even with Henne at QB, OAK still has a weak defense, imo. Might as well go with GB

Hi Jeff,

This is a PPR league. 0.5 PPR for RB's & 1 PPR for WR's

I have 2 Flex spots yet to decide on and here are my options:

Julian Edelman WR NE vs. NYJ defense

Darren McFadden RB OAK vs. JAC defense

Dwayne Bowe WR KC vs. DAL defense

Marshawn Lynch RB SEA vs. SF defense

Rod Streater WR OAK vs. JAC defense

I'm personally leaning towards Edelman & McFadden. I'm worried about Lynch's tough game against San Fancisco. I'm also concerned about Bowe's consistency with Alex Smith at QB and likewise with Rod Streater with inconsistency there as well.

So my question is should I roll with Edelman & McFadden this week or do you see Bowe, Lynch, or Streater as a better starting option this week.

TIA Jeff

What about Marlon Brown I could have the name wrong the Ravens rookie taking over for Jacoby Jones

. I still like the Edelman/Randle move just wanted to check with you oce more.......

Jeff,

Maybe play Hill this week over Jennings with Kerley out?

YOur Jennings take:

Thanks

Hi Jeff,

Can you rank the following in standard, for week 2 and ROS?

Reuben Randle, Michael Floyd, Brian Hartline, Marlon Brown, Harry Douglas,

Looking for depth while Roddy is down. Thanks in advance.

Hey Jeff

In a standard league I need to pick 2 from

Kenbrell Thompkins vs NYJ, Steve Johnson vs CAR, Daryl Richardson @ ATL, Jordan Cameron @ Bal, Lamar Miller @ IND

Also do I have a qb controversy at all here? Can you rank these matchups for me?

Tony Romo @ KC, Carson Palmer vs DET, Russell Wilson vs SF, EJ Manuel vs CAR, RG3 @ GB, Sam Bradford @ ATL, Terrelle Pryor against JAC

Last one is do you prefer Manuel or Pryor as a back up ROTY?

Hi Jeff, which combo would you rather have? Forte and Desean Jackson or McCoy and Roddy White? I have the former and am thinking of offering it for the latter. I know White is banged up and the guy with McCoy is weak at receiver. Do you think McCoy is a big enough upgrade over Forte to pull the trigger?

TIA!

Hi Jeff,

I need to start any 4 of these guys in standard scoring, no PPR league...

VCruz vs Denv

VJax vs NO

DWilliams @ Bflo

MJD @ Oak

DWilson vs Denv

VDavis @ Seat

MAustin @ KC

Appreciate the help!

Jeff,

Who do you think wins the Oak. game? Gotta be the home team doesn't it.

Brees or Kaep? good problem to have

Jackson Thomas, or Moreno this week?

Thanks

Hey Jeff

Scoring: 25 yards = 1 pt, all TD = 6, Rush 10 yards = 1 pt, Int = -3 pts

Who would you start this week?

1. Luck vs Miami

or

2. Eli Manning vs Denver

Thanks

Hi Jeff,

This is a PPR league. 0.5 PPR for RB's & 1 PPR for WR's

I have 2 Flex spots yet to decide on and here are my options:

Julian Edelman WR NE vs. NYJ defense

Darren McFadden RB OAK vs. JAC defense

Dwayne Bowe WR KC vs. DAL defense

Marshawn Lynch RB SEA vs. SF defense

Rod Streater WR OAK vs. JAC defense

I'm personally leaning towards Edelman & McFadden. I'm worried about Lynch's tough game against San Fancisco. I'm also concerned about Bowe's consistency with Alex Smith at QB and likewise with Rod Streater with inconsistency there as well.

So my question is should I roll with Edelman & McFadden this week or do you see Bowe, Lynch, or Streater as a better starting option this week.

TIA Jeff
Sorry I did not get to this earlier. Hope you went with Edelman. I think i would go with Bowe or McFadden. McFadden has more upside and Bowe safer.

Hi Jeff,

Can you rank the following in standard, for week 2 and ROS?

Reuben Randle, Michael Floyd, Brian Hartline, Marlon Brown, Harry Douglas,

Looking for depth while Roddy is down. Thanks in advance.
Like Randle best for season.

For week two, I would go with Brown over Douglas or Floyd. Just a hunch that Joe Haden shuts down Torrey Smith and Brown gets big target numbers

Hey Jeff

In a standard league I need to pick 2 from

Kenbrell Thompkins vs NYJ, Steve Johnson vs CAR, Daryl Richardson @ ATL, Jordan Cameron @ Bal, Lamar Miller @ IND

Also do I have a qb controversy at all here? Can you rank these matchups for me?

Tony Romo @ KC, Carson Palmer vs DET, Russell Wilson vs SF, EJ Manuel vs CAR, RG3 @ GB, Sam Bradford @ ATL, Terrelle Pryor against JAC

Last one is do you prefer Manuel or Pryor as a back up ROTY?
Miller and Richardson ....

Romo and Palmer should have big days, and I actually prefer Palmer against the soft secondary of DET

I like Pryor as long as you can add/drop as needed if he does not pan out. Think of it this way, do you want a rookie QB in BUF weather from week 10 on?

Hi Jeff, which combo would you rather have? Forte and Desean Jackson or McCoy and Roddy White? I have the former and am thinking of offering it for the latter. I know White is banged up and the guy with McCoy is weak at receiver. Do you think McCoy is a big enough upgrade over Forte to pull the trigger?

TIA!
I love that for you if you have the WR depth to wait 2-3 weeks for White to be healthy

Jeff,

Who do you think wins the Oak. game? Gotta be the home team doesn't it. - > Many like OAK this week

Brees or Kaep? good problem to have -> I do not expect either to have a huge game but would go with Kaep

Jackson Thomas, or Moreno this week? -> Which Jackson and which Thomas? Not Moreno .....

Thanks

Leo2228 said:
Jeff Tefertiller said:
which qb put up better number this week ?

Stafford,Matthew vs Arz

ELI vs DEN

All saw Vick on WW

pick one

Davis,Vernon

Thomas,Julius- I like
Vick>Eli>Stafford

Julius this week as SF plays SEA
So who has better number this week Vick or Eli .

sorry am alittle slow i think you are saying drop stafford for Vick , and Vick is better than Eli and Eli is better than Stanfford ?
I see Vick as a top 5 QB until injured and should be added. For the rest of the season I like Vick> Stafford>Eli but like Eli>Stafford for this week

Jeff Tefertiller said:
Jeff,

Who do you think wins the Oak. game? Gotta be the home team doesn't it. - > Many like OAK this week

Brees or Kaep? good problem to have -> I do not expect either to have a huge game but would go with Kaep

Jackson Thomas, or Moreno this week? -> Which Jackson and which Thomas? Not Moreno .....

Thanks
Sorry. Fred or Pierre

Leo2228 said:
Jeff Tefertiller said:
which qb put up better number this week ?

Stafford,Matthew vs Arz

ELI vs DEN

All saw Vick on WW

pick one

Davis,Vernon

Thomas,Julius- I like
Vick>Eli>Stafford

Julius this week as SF plays SEA
So who has better number this week Vick or Eli .

sorry am alittle slow i think you are saying drop stafford for Vick , and Vick is better than Eli and Eli is better than Stanfford ?
I see Vick as a top 5 QB until injured and should be added. For the rest of the season I like Vick> Stafford>Eli but like Eli>Stafford for this week
so who should i drop to get Vick? Eli or Stanfford or should i play Eli this week then drop him

MY LINEUP FOR WEEK 2 ---- PPR

QB

DREW BREES @ TB

RB (2)

ALFRED MORRIS @ GB

MATT FORTE V MIN

JOIQUE BELL @ ARI

BEN TATE V TEN

WR (3) ONLY NEED 2

JULIAN EDELMAN V JETS (PLAYED BIG NUMBERS!!!)

WES WELKER @ NYG

JORDY NELSON V WAS

DESEAN JACKSON V SD

REUBEN RANDLE V DEN

EMMANUEL SANDERS @ CIN

TE (1)

JIMMY GRAHAM @ TB ( Going with Jimmy )

JORDAN CAMERON @ BAL

1 FLEX ( WR / RB / TE )

*** LEANING TOWARDS A WR TO TAKE THIS SLOT--WHO DO YOU LIKE?

----Or do you like Jordan Cameron?

K

MATT BRYANT (DO YOU LIKE HIM?)

DEF

CINCY V PITT MNF (GOOD MATCHUP?)

Anybody NOT on this team you would like to see if I can get them?

THANKS JEFF!!!!

Jeff, Yikes!

Lost Vereen as my RB2 and Lake Bell is still out. Desperate now. Who plays alongside Foster this week?

PPR and Return points

On roster: Redman, Pead, Tate

Available FA's : Dwyer, Donnie Brown, Da'Rel Scott,Tolbert

Picked up Pead this week because I need to strike gold on a lottery ticket. Going forward, any of these worth stashing instead of Pead or Redmanwith the hopes of a big break? (Randle/Tanner/Dunbar, KDavis, Leshoure, Greene, DThomas, MBsh)

Users who are viewing this thread