What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (2 Viewers)

Huge dynasty trade in the works. What do you think, leave a link to yours and i'll answer it. This is a tough one for me. My first thought is yes but I'm not sure yet.

I give up McCoy, Kaep and Wallace and I get Calvin and Newton. Basically losing one starter in McCoy but getting Calvin. Forces me into a 2RB 4 WR set unless Vereen really turns out to be something but a WR core of AJ Green, Calvin and Cobb with Harvin is pretty sick.

I could parlay Cam into another position player down the road. What do you think?

Jeff

Drop wright for Royal?

Guess I need to know who the top pu for RB this week and looking at team in sig. Lacy going out killed me in his game.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I need a DEFENSE....

I have the BENGALS and they aren't performing as well as I had hoped. I know their 2nd game is tomorrow BUT these are the teams on the WW I want your opinion on:

EAGLES

CHIEFS

Thanks

tate516 said:
I need a DEFENSE....

I have the BENGALS and they aren't performing as well as I had hoped. I know their 2nd game is tomorrow BUT these are the teams on the WW I want your opinion on:

EAGLES

CHIEFS

Thanks
Bengals def should have a big game tonight

Huge dynasty trade in the works. What do you think, leave a link to yours and i'll answer it. This is a tough one for me. My first thought is yes but I'm not sure yet.

I give up McCoy, Kaep and Wallace and I get Calvin and Newton. Basically losing one starter in McCoy but getting Calvin. Forces me into a 2RB 4 WR set unless Vereen really turns out to be something but a WR core of AJ Green, Calvin and Cobb with Harvin is pretty sick.

I could parlay Cam into another position player down the road. What do you think?
Sorry, did not see this earlier .. but I would not do that ... and I love Calvin.

Hello everyone, I am swamped and slow to get back to you at times. Feel free to hit me up on Twitter or via email. Also, I am doing a mailbag internet radio show so would like to have questions to answer on the air.

PPR LEAGUE

Would you wait and see how Emmanuel Sanders does tonight or should I drop him for :

I have: Welker / Edelman / J Nelson / D Jackson / Reuben Randle

DeAndre Hopkins---Malcolm Floyd or Kendall Wright?

RB's -- I have Matt Forte / Alfred Morris / Ben Tate / Joique Bell

On the WW: James Starks or K Moreno

*If so WHO would you DROP?

Now the dreaded KICKER ? ( I apologize )

I have Matt Bryant --- All he does is kick XP's ---- I need FGs

WW Options:

Nick Novak SD

Alex Henery PHI

Jay Feely ARI

Caleb Sturgis MIA

Greg Zuerlin STL

THANKS

Hi Jeff, and thanks:

Dynasty 1 PPR, start: 1QB/1RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX (rb or wr or te)/1K/6 IDPs.

Current Roster:

Rodgers/Palmer/Pryor

Gore/Matthews/Hillman/Lamichael/Moreno/M.Bush/Forsett

Calvin/Nicks/Garcon/Britt/V.Brown/Malcolm Floyd/TJ Graham/TerWill/MarvinJones/Edelman/NWashington

Witten/Cameron/Ausberry

The Wilson owner is a panicky guy and has offered David Wilson and Doug Baldwin for Matthews and Lamichael.

Matthews has been underwhelming but has not been a complete bust like Wilson so far. Wilson may be nothing more than a 3rd down back when all is said and done. Matthews certainly looks more the part of a workhorse but has his own fumbling issues and lack of faith by the coaching staff. Plus his time is running out. They would both be bench players for me at the moment.

Do I take the deal?

#1 I have Forte, A Morris, J Bell and B Tate. -PPR LEAGUE

Who if any do u drop 4 Bernard Pierce with Ray Rice injury?

#2 I HAVE DREW BREES

and Joe Flacco as my #2 thinking about dropping Flacco for either

Phillip Rivers or Alex Smith---WHO YA LIKE?

#3 By the way after the MNF game do you still like the Bengals DEF over.....

SAINTS-----EAGLES-----CHIEFS

PPR LEAGUE

Would you wait and see how Emmanuel Sanders does tonight or should I drop him for :

I have: Welker / Edelman / J Nelson / D Jackson / Reuben Randle

DeAndre Hopkins---Malcolm Floyd or Kendall Wright?

RB's -- I have Matt Forte / Alfred Morris / Ben Tate / Joique Bell

On the WW: James Starks or K Moreno

*If so WHO would you DROP?

Now the dreaded KICKER ? ( I apologize )

I have Matt Bryant --- All he does is kick XP's ---- I need FGs

WW Options:

Nick Novak SD

Alex Henery PHI

Jay Feely ARI

Caleb Sturgis MIA

Greg Zuerlin STL

THANKS
drop Sanders for Hopkins

Keep K and RB

Hi Jeff, and thanks:

Dynasty 1 PPR, start: 1QB/1RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX (rb or wr or te)/1K/6 IDPs.

Current Roster:

Rodgers/Palmer/Pryor

Gore/Matthews/Hillman/Lamichael/Moreno/M.Bush/Forsett

Calvin/Nicks/Garcon/Britt/V.Brown/Malcolm Floyd/TJ Graham/TerWill/MarvinJones/Edelman/NWashington

Witten/Cameron/Ausberry

The Wilson owner is a panicky guy and has offered David Wilson and Doug Baldwin for Matthews and Lamichael.

Matthews has been underwhelming but has not been a complete bust like Wilson so far. Wilson may be nothing more than a 3rd down back when all is said and done. Matthews certainly looks more the part of a workhorse but has his own fumbling issues and lack of faith by the coaching staff. Plus his time is running out. They would both be bench players for me at the moment.

Do I take the deal?
So that in a heartbeat .... but may want to see if you can get a little better player than Baldwin back in the deal

#1 I have Forte, A Morris, J Bell and B Tate. -PPR LEAGUE

Who if any do u drop 4 Bernard Pierce with Ray Rice injury?

#2 I HAVE DREW BREES

and Joe Flacco as my #2 thinking about dropping Flacco for either

Phillip Rivers or Alex Smith---WHO YA LIKE?

#3 By the way after the MNF game do you still like the Bengals DEF over.....

SAINTS-----EAGLES-----CHIEFS
keep the RBs, and drop Flacco for Rivers .... and look for DEF matchups next week

Hey Jeff, what's up. Many thanks for all the good advice.

So I'm coming back with something I've asked about once or twice before in recent years:

- which teams have the best chance for emerging WR's who might become the waiver wire scores of the year, ie the Brandon Lloyd, the Victor Cruz, the Braylon Edwards of 2013.

Any thoughts?

I'd say San Diego, and maybe the answer is already there with Eddie Royal, I don't know.

Stephen Hill perhaps?

So anyway are there perhaps 3-5 teams or actual WRs that you see as having real potential for growth, allowing owners to grab a guy early off the WW who might emerge down the line?

Thanks.

Hey Jeff, have a trade offer in a PPR league, wanted to get your thoughts on it.

Here's my current roster, I'm 2-0 in a PPR league (1 full PPR), team is pretty good but I feel very weak at RB, another owner is looking to upgrade at WR. He has offered me Lamar Miller and Giovani Bernard for Larry Fitzgerald and Ben Tate. Here are our current rosters, please let me know what you think.

My roster:

QB: M. Ryan, R. Wilson

RB: Forte, D. Richardson, R. Mathews, B. Tate

WR: Megatron, Demariyus T., Fitzgerald, E. Royal, Deandre H., J. Gordon, Miles Austin

TE: J. Cook

K: Henery

His roster:

QB: C. Newton

RB: L. Mccoy, T. Richardson, Deangelo W., L. Miller, Giovani B., Pierre T., Leveon Bell

WR: A. Johnson, Michael Floyd, D. Amendola, Vincent Brown, J. Blackmon

TE: J. Graham

K: Hartley

Jeff.

What do you think about A Ellington in ppr?

Thanks
I like Ellington and think he is talented, but would not drop a good player for him in a redraft league
Guessing you favor starks over him.....would you drop hunter for ellington?

Also had just dropped J. Rodgers for dunbar( What's the priority for Starks, Rodgers,Ellington,Dunbar.

Thanks

Hey Jeff, what's up. Many thanks for all the good advice.

So I'm coming back with something I've asked about once or twice before in recent years:

- which teams have the best chance for emerging WR's who might become the waiver wire scores of the year, ie the Brandon Lloyd, the Victor Cruz, the Braylon Edwards of 2013.

Any thoughts?

I'd say San Diego, and maybe the answer is already there with Eddie Royal, I don't know.

Stephen Hill perhaps?

So anyway are there perhaps 3-5 teams or actual WRs that you see as having real potential for growth, allowing owners to grab a guy early off the WW who might emerge down the line?

Thanks.
Hey, I would look at players on teams who throw often. Guys I like Hill, Randle, and even Stills. You can also look at Dobson & Boyce in NE as guys who might emerge.

Hey Jeff, have a trade offer in a PPR league, wanted to get your thoughts on it.

Here's my current roster, I'm 2-0 in a PPR league (1 full PPR), team is pretty good but I feel very weak at RB, another owner is looking to upgrade at WR. He has offered me Lamar Miller and Giovani Bernard for Larry Fitzgerald and Ben Tate. Here are our current rosters, please let me know what you think.

My roster:

QB: M. Ryan, R. Wilson

RB: Forte, D. Richardson, R. Mathews, B. Tate

WR: Megatron, Demariyus T., Fitzgerald, E. Royal, Deandre H., J. Gordon, Miles Austin

TE: J. Cook

K: Henery

His roster:

QB: C. Newton

RB: L. Mccoy, T. Richardson, Deangelo W., L. Miller, Giovani B., Pierre T., Leveon Bell

WR: A. Johnson, Michael Floyd, D. Amendola, Vincent Brown, J. Blackmon

TE: J. Graham

K: Hartley
I would not do it unless you get Amendola or Blackmon added and you get the two RBs

Jeff.

Thanks
I like Ellington and think he is talented, but would not drop a good player for him in a redraft league

Also had just dropped J. Rodgers for dunbar( What's the priority for Starks, Rodgers,Ellington,Dunbar.

Thanks
Unless you need someone for this week only, let someone else mess with Starks. Look at Ellington or Dunbar. Most upside for mid/late in the season

Jeff Tefertiller said:
bighead2000 said:
Jeff Tefertiller said:
bighead2000 said:
Jeff.

Thanks

Thanks
Unless you need someone for this week only, let someone else mess with Starks. Look at Ellington or Dunbar. Most upside for mid/late in the season
Drop hunter for Ellington. I have Dunbar.

Would you drop harvin for Ellington

Jeff Tefertiller said:
bighead2000 said:
Jeff Tefertiller said:
bighead2000 said:
Jeff.

Thanks

Thanks
Drop hunter for Ellington. I have Dunbar.

Would you drop harvin for Ellington
I would hold on to both over Ellington

Jeff,

Would you trade Kaep for Wilson if you already have Brees?

Have Bullock for kicker.....any changes their. He was ranked high early.

Hey Jeff,

It's been a while but I am back! Quick question about this team, should I try and upgrade the RB spot or ride it out with whats I got?

I am 1-1 in a 10 team league although I have the highest point total in the league. PPR and all TD's 6 points. Start 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE and 1 Flex (RB, WR, TE), 1 K, 1 Def team

Here is my team:

QB - Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler

RB - Lynch, Gore, Lamar Miller, DeAngelo, Joique Bell

WR - Dez, Julio, DeSean, TY Hilton, Chris Givens, M Sanu

TE - Jordan Cameron, Julius Thomas, Jared Cook

Not thrilled with Gore nor am I expecting much out of him. I have considered trading Dez in a package to try and get Forte but would like an experts opinion on it as well. Thanks for the help and have a great day!

Beef

Jeff,

Thus far on my team in Sig. I have not had to make any waiver moves even though I am 0-2.

I keep thinking something bigger will emerge. What are your thoughts on this?

I still have Kaep and Brees that may bring a runner for me. I won it last year, and maybe folks will start to feel sorry for me, and be willing to make a trade.

What do you think? I'm not panicking at this point....lol

Thanks,

Rob

I am really unhappy with the numbers the Bengals are putting up and this week they have the Packers coming to their stadium!

So, do I start em' or look for a better match up?

Jets v Bills

Saints v Cards

Falcons @ Phins

Also, which K do you like going forward?

Nick Novak SD

Alex Henery PHI

Caleb Sturgis MIA

Greg Zurlein STL

thx

Hello! I'm just looking for general advice for my team. I recently aquired Newton and Quizz for J. Bell and K. Wright, I almost regret it, but am a Panther fan and feel that Cam gets it together sooner or later.

12 Team Redraft

1 PPR

6 Passing TD with 3 Bonus at 300

1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1RB/WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DST, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 7Bench

QB: Newton, Smith

RB: Rice, Sproles, Vereen, Woodhead, Quizz, Branden Bolden

WR: Marshall, Bowe, A. Brown, Givens, V. Brown, Thompkins, Dobson

TE: Witten

K: Dawson
DST: Steaming

DL: Mario Williams

LB: DqWell Jackson

DB: Laron Landry

My main worries come with Ray Rice, Bowe and Antonio Brown. Rice concerns me because of Pierce and his strange injury this week. Bowe isn't getting the looks I was hoping he would and poor Antonio is getting swallowed alive, I'm wondering if I should pagkage Bowe and Antonio for another receiver?

Should I even worry? I'm 1-1 so far

Thanks!

Hey Jeff,

It's been a while but I am back! Quick question about this team, should I try and upgrade the RB spot or ride it out with whats I got?

I am 1-1 in a 10 team league although I have the highest point total in the league. PPR and all TD's 6 points. Start 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE and 1 Flex (RB, WR, TE), 1 K, 1 Def team

Here is my team:

QB - Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler

RB - Lynch, Gore, Lamar Miller, DeAngelo, Joique Bell

WR - Dez, Julio, DeSean, TY Hilton, Chris Givens, M Sanu

TE - Jordan Cameron, Julius Thomas, Jared Cook

Not thrilled with Gore nor am I expecting much out of him. I have considered trading Dez in a package to try and get Forte but would like an experts opinion on it as well. Thanks for the help and have a great day!

Beef
Hey, hope all is well. Give Gore this week. Hard two first two games. Should have a big week this Sunday and will increase trade value to upgrade

Jeff,

Thus far on my team in Sig. I have not had to make any waiver moves even though I am 0-2.

I keep thinking something bigger will emerge. What are your thoughts on this?

I still have Kaep and Brees that may bring a runner for me. I won it last year, and maybe folks will start to feel sorry for me, and be willing to make a trade.

What do you think? I'm not panicking at this point....lol

Thanks,

Rob
try to get Forte for Kaep, if not look for a rb like sproles (if ppr)

I am really unhappy with the numbers the Bengals are putting up and this week they have the Packers coming to their stadium!

So, do I start em' or look for a better match up?

Jets v Bills

Saints v Cards

Falcons @ Phins

Also, which K do you like going forward?

Nick Novak SD

Alex Henery PHI

Caleb Sturgis MIA

Greg Zurlein STL

thx
fave two defenses this week are minn and dallas. Of those listed, I like the Jets and Saints. Both good matchups. Would lean toward Jets with a long week to prepare and against a rookie QB

nypantherfan said:
Hello! I'm just looking for general advice for my team. I recently aquired Newton and Quizz for J. Bell and K. Wright, I almost regret it, but am a Panther fan and feel that Cam gets it together sooner or later.

12 Team Redraft

1 PPR

6 Passing TD with 3 Bonus at 300

1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1RB/WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DST, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 7Bench

QB: Newton, Smith

RB: Rice, Sproles, Vereen, Woodhead, Quizz, Branden Bolden

WR: Marshall, Bowe, A. Brown, Givens, V. Brown, Thompkins, Dobson

TE: Witten

K: Dawson

DST: Steaming

DL: Mario Williams

LB: DqWell Jackson

DB: Laron Landry

My main worries come with Ray Rice, Bowe and Antonio Brown. Rice concerns me because of Pierce and his strange injury this week. Bowe isn't getting the looks I was hoping he would and poor Antonio is getting swallowed alive, I'm wondering if I should pagkage Bowe and Antonio for another receiver?

Should I even worry? I'm 1-1 so far

Thanks!
I would look to upgrade your WR2 spot and rotate the NE WRs. For the pair, look for a guy like Cruz, or other top 10 wr who does not have the big name

Jeff,

This guy offered me Stafford and Amendola in redraft ppr( my team in sig) for Brees and Blackmon. ( I think he really is interested in Blackman since he's tried to offer before.

Guessing I can afford to trade either of my Qb's. I don't see me letting Blackman go.

I want a running back of course and Here are some of his players including Forte and Sproles.

His team:

Stafford

Marshall,S. Smith,Burleson,Amendola,S. moss, G Tate

Sproles,Forte,Woodhead,M. Bush,

Davis,Eifer, Fleener

What do you think? Im betting it might take throwing blackman in there with one of the qb's to pry sproles or Forte.

Or maybe another of my backs.

What to do?

thanks

1. Which QB this week? Luck at SanFran or E. Manning at Carolina?

2. Would you drop WR D. Moore from Oakland ( my other WR are Bowe, A. Brown, Shorts, Givens ) and we start 2
for TE Jordan Reed (Washington) as my other TE are Petigrew (Det) and Clay (Miami)

Thanks

1) In a standard league at WR do I start Larry Fitzgerald @ NO, Hakeem Nicks @ CAR, or Dwayne Bowe @ PHI?

2) In a standard league I need a RB2, wr3 and flex from these - Julian Edleman vs TB, Josh Gordon @ MIN, Steve Johnson @ NYJ, DeAndre Hopkins @ BAL, and Knowshown Moreno vs OAK, Bernard Pierce vs HOU

3) In a standard league I need an RB2 and Flex from these - Steven Ridley vs TB, Joique Bell @ WAS, Daryl Richardson @ DAL, Hakeem Nicks @ CAR, Josh Gordon @ MIN, or Dwayne Bowe @ PHI

4) At RB in .5PPR do I go with David Wilson @ CAR, Deangelo Williams vs NYG, or Lamar Miller vs ATL?

5) In a standard league at flex do I start Knowshon Moreno vs OAK, Lamar Miller vs ATL, Eric Decker vs OAK, Chris Givens @ DAL, Marlon Brown vs HOU or Jordan Cameron @ MIN?

Thanks

OK WK 3 ---- PPR

Brees at QB

Need:

RB (2)

Matt Forte @ PITT

Alfred Morris v DET

Ben Tate @ BAL

Joique Bell @ WASH

WR (3)

Wes Welker v OAK

Jordy Nelson @ CIN

Julian Edelman v TB

DeSean Jackson v KC

Reuben Randle @ CAR

DeAndre Hopkins @ BAL

TE (1)

Jimmy Graham v ARI

Jordan Cameron @ MIN

FLEX (1) Can be either a RB / WR or TE ------I am leaning towards a WR!

---WHICH WR WOULD YOU START IN THE FLEX SPOT?

K (1)

Nick Novak @ TEN

Alex Henery V KC

Caleb Sturgis v AtL

Greg Zurlein @ DAL

DEF (1)

JETS v BUF

SAINTS v ARI

THANKS!!!!

Jeff,

This guy offered me Stafford and Amendola in redraft ppr( my team in sig) for Brees and Blackmon. ( I think he really is interested in Blackman since he's tried to offer before.

Guessing I can afford to trade either of my Qb's. I don't see me letting Blackman go.

I want a running back of course and Here are some of his players including Forte and Sproles.

His team:

Stafford

Marshall,S. Smith,Burleson,Amendola,S. moss, G Tate

Sproles,Forte,Woodhead,M. Bush,

Davis,Eifer, Fleener

What do you think? Im betting it might take throwing blackman in there with one of the qb's to pry sproles or Forte.

Or maybe another of my backs.

What to do?

thanks
Dont like it since Blackmon will be back before Amendola

1) In a standard league at WR do I start Larry Fitzgerald @ NO, Hakeem Nicks @ CAR, or Dwayne Bowe @ PHI?

2) In a standard league I need a RB2, wr3 and flex from these - Julian Edleman vs TB, Josh Gordon @ MIN, Steve Johnson @ NYJ, DeAndre Hopkins @ BAL, and Knowshown Moreno vs OAK, Bernard Pierce vs HOU

3) In a standard league I need an RB2 and Flex from these - Steven Ridley vs TB, Joique Bell @ WAS, Daryl Richardson @ DAL, Hakeem Nicks @ CAR, Josh Gordon @ MIN, or Dwayne Bowe @ PHI

4) At RB in .5PPR do I go with David Wilson @ CAR, Deangelo Williams vs NYG, or Lamar Miller vs ATL?

5) In a standard league at flex do I start Knowshon Moreno vs OAK, Lamar Miller vs ATL, Eric Decker vs OAK, Chris Givens @ DAL, Marlon Brown vs HOU or Jordan Cameron @ MIN?

Thanks

tate516 said:
OK WK 3 ---- PPR

Brees at QB

Need:

RB (2)

Matt Forte @ PITT

Alfred Morris v DET

Ben Tate @ BAL

Joique Bell @ WASH

WR (3)

Wes Welker v OAK

Jordy Nelson @ CIN

Julian Edelman v TB

DeSean Jackson v KC

Reuben Randle @ CAR

DeAndre Hopkins @ BAL

TE (1)

Jimmy Graham v ARI

Jordan Cameron @ MIN

FLEX (1) Can be either a RB / WR or TE ------I am leaning towards a WR!

---WHICH WR WOULD YOU START IN THE FLEX SPOT?

K (1)

Nick Novak @ TEN

Alex Henery V KC

Caleb Sturgis v AtL

Greg Zurlein @ DAL

DEF (1)

JETS v BUF

SAINTS v ARI

THANKS!!!!

QB: Tom Brady, Tony Romo, EJ Manuel

RB: LeSean McCoy, Jamal Charles, Chris Johnson, Ryan Matthews

WR: Jordy Nelson, Torrey Smith, James Jones, Chris Givens, Rueben Randle, Emmanuel Sanders, Andre Roberts, Percy Harvin

TE: Rob Gronkowski, Julius Thomas, Antonio Gates

Would you give up Tony Romo and Andre Roberts for Carson Palmer and Wes Welker? I could probably talk him into Reggie Wayne instead of Welker.

Scoring System:

1 PPR

All TD's 10 points

0.1 per yard rushing/receiving

0.05 per yard passing

5 point bonus for 0 INT

Start:

1qb

2rb

2wr

1te

1flex