What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (3 Viewers)

Another Team WDIS: Standard Scoring

Romo - HOU has given up a ton of yards this yr or Mccnabb

Need 2 Rb's, 2wr's and a flex wr/rb out of this list:

Turner,D. Williams,Best,Matthews,B. Jackson

Tb M. Williams,Nicks,Sims-Walker,Floyd -> last WR starter is tough.

Celek, or Winslow

Thanks again and good luck
Owens, Murphy, Hester,Heyward Bay on wire?
none i like any betterI have Tolbert to from the wire, for got to mention

Would you trade Jackson for any one of these three guys: Austin,Welker or H. Ward? I figure Jackson could become useless at some point if Packers get another running back. I don't know if the guy would do it, but I figure Jackson's stock may be at a peak.

Hi, Jeff, In a NON-ppr redraft league, I’m looking for suggestions on how to put together trade offers for some underperforming players that have potential to bounce back. The trouble is, I don’t think I have a lot on my roster that would entice another owner to make a trade. Those underperforming players (with their ranking in LD) are:• RB12 Turner• WR16 Ward, WR29 Wallace • TE8 Tony Gonzalez, TE10 Heath Miller, TE13 Celek We start 2RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, and 1 RB/WR flex, so my usual approach is to start 3 RBs and 2 WRs. My three RB starters now are RB3 Gore, RB15 Bradshaw, and RB23 LT. Since RB53 Michael Bush and RB57 Reggie Bush are pretty much untradeable now, along with lottery pick RB67 Toby Gerhart, my mind isn’t coming up with trade ideas for Turner. My starting WRs are WR9 Brandon and WR13 Calvin, with WR14 Ocho for depth and bye week support. As far as WRs, that leaves WR36 Mason, and I’m not sure he’s of any interest to anyone either. I’m doing matchups with TE11 Keller and TE17 Olsen, so I’m not sure any of those other 3 are significant upgrades. Not sure it matters, but my QB is Eli until Ben returns. Since you see so much more that I do, I wonder if you have any thoughts on how to approach a trade, or if I just need to sit back and be patient with my lineup? Thanks.
I think you will be better off after this week with Bush, who is playing Sunday. At TE, I would look for Hernandez on the waiver wire. Your team should be fine. If you are looking for a trade, you might look at Bradshaw and ? for Turner. The difference between LT and Bradshaw should not be that much each week.

2-0 , Looking for continued success who should I go after and who should I trade? Thanks..16 team ppr dynasty leagueStart 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1rb/wr, 1rb/wr, 1kGuys on trading block for other teams areQB Hasselback, Farve, VY, Rothlesberger, Derek Anderson, David GarrardRB LT, Benson, Thomas Jones, Brandon Jackson, Marion Barber, Payton HillsWR Roy Williams, chambers, Desean Jackson, Steve Smith (NYG), Sanatana Moss, TE Celek, Winslow, Zach Miller, Heath MillerMy rosterQB Matt Ryan, Fitzpatrick, CampbellRB McCoy, Portis, McFadden, Forsett/Washington, Bernard Scott, James Starks, Anthony Dixon, (Ben Tate IR)WR Calvin johnson, Roddy White, Brandon Lloyd, Lee Evans, James Jones, Brian Hartline, Laurent RobinsonTE ShefflerWho would you be most likely to move and who would you target from list above?
I would look for QB depth (ben), mb3 if very cheap, santana, ssmith, a cheap TE (even heath miller)I would look to sell at a good price: Portis, McFadden (if sell very hi), lloyd

Another Team WDIS: Standard Scoring

Romo - HOU has given up a ton of yards this yr or Mccnabb

Need 2 Rb's, 2wr's and a flex wr/rb out of this list:

Turner,D. Williams,Best,Matthews,B. Jackson

Tb M. Williams,Nicks,Sims-Walker,Floyd -> last WR starter is tough.

Celek, or Winslow

Thanks again and good luck
Owens, Murphy, Hester,Heyward Bay on wire?
none i like any betterI have Tolbert to from the wire, for got to mention

Would you trade Jackson for any one of these three guys: Austin,Welker or H. Ward? I figure Jackson could become useless at some point if Packers get another running back. I don't know if the guy would do it, but I figure Jackson's stock may be at a peak.
I would sell B Jackson for Austin in a heartbeat, welker in a good, but lesser deal, and possibly ward.

Hi Jeff,

I am in a 10 team .5 ppr league. 1 pt per 10 yd rush and pass. 6 pts.per TD including passing. Start 1 QB, 2RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR flex,1 TE, 1 DEF and 1 IDP. I have a close contest coming up this Sunday where I am slightly favored (by projections). Can't decide who to start Celek vs. the Jags or Winslow vs. the Steelers. Celek has been killing me, but he has an easy matchup against the Jags. Who might you start?

QB: Brees, M. Ryan

RB: P. Thomas, J. Best, M. Forte, M. Barber,

WR: R. Moss, H. Nicks, S. Moss, M. Wallace,

TE: B. Celek, K. Winslow

DEF: Niners, Patriots

K: doesn’t matter

IDP: J. Vilma

Ok Jeff ... Hoping to go 3-0 ... PPR League

QB (1)

Romo @ HOU

Vick @ JAC

**I haven't dropped KOLB, bc I want to see how things work out with Vick---Do you agree?

RB (2)

McCoy @ JAC

Best @ MIN

BJackson @ CHI

**Hanging on to Reggie Bush

WR (3)

RMoss v BUF

HNicks v TEN

Dez Bryant @ HOU

Mike Williams v PIT

THANKS for the advice!

Good Luck this week :thumbup:

Jeff,

What's Buckhalter's value with Maroney coming in now. other backs on wire and I currently have Barber, Tolbert,Hightower as backups.

I dropped Lewis for For Hernandez......My team is in sig. So I considered dropping buck for Lewis to have another te.

Thanks.....sometimes lately these questions are related to three teams. and

I REALLY APPRECIATE YOU ADVICE!

Hi Jeff, I've been offered Ray Rice for Calvin Johnson and Jamaal Charles in a 10 team dynasty with standard scoring. What do you think? My roster looks like this:

QB- Peyton, Ryan

RB- ADP, Turner, Greene, Charles, Lynch, Snelling

WR- Smith (Car), Calvin, OchoCinco, MSW, Floyd, Smith (NYG), Collie

Hi Jeff. I'm struggling for a defense this week. Options I’ve come up with are:

• TB at home vs Pitt. Charlie Batch at QB for the Steelers could be interesting. TB Def scored 10 vs Cle and 14 at Car. Pit gave up 9 to Atl and 7 to Ten. This is kind of a flier because Pitt’s offense hasn’t been giving opposing defenses a lot of points, but with Batch playing, I feel that could change. I also like home teams a bit more than away teams as far as defenses go.

• KC at home vs SF. KC Def has scored 14 vs SD and 15 at Cle. SF gave up 16 at Sea and 10 vs N.O. The “numbers” seem to say this is a good option, so I like this option, but I also have Gore as my #1 RB. It’s weird to want Gore to run wild, and at that same time be rooting for KC’s defense to do the same!

• Wa at StL. Wa Def has scored 13 vs Dal and 6 vs Hou. StL gave up 14 vs Atl and 9 at Oak. It’s an away game, but anything with StL is tempting.

• Ten at NYG. Ten Def has scored 12 vs Oak and 7 vs Pit. NYG gave up 10 to Car vs and 20 at Ind. My QB is Eli, so philosophically I hate to root for him to get a bunch of turnovers. Maybe that’s not a good approach to fantasy football!

Your thoughts? Thx!

Jeff,

Caddy was dropped in my 12 team ppr redraft league and I want to know if he is worth a pick up for my team and if so who to drop to get him

My backs are

MJD, Mendenhall, Spiller and Snelling

Wr

Marshall, calvin, royal, knox and Dez

We start 2 rb's and 2 wr's

at first glance I could probably drop snelling to pick up caddy but I was actually hoping to make a trade with the Turner owner.

Which way do you think I should go?

Thanks in advance

crazylegs1 said:
Hi Jeff,I am in a 10 team .5 ppr league. 1 pt per 10 yd rush and pass. 6 pts.per TD including passing. Start 1 QB, 2RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR flex,1 TE, 1 DEF and 1 IDP. I have a close contest coming up this Sunday where I am slightly favored (by projections). Can't decide who to start Celek vs. the Jags or Winslow vs. the Steelers. Celek has been killing me, but he has an easy matchup against the Jags. Who might you start?QB: Brees, M. RyanRB: P. Thomas, J. Best, M. Forte, M. Barber, WR: R. Moss, H. Nicks, S. Moss, M. Wallace, TE: B. Celek, K. WinslowDEF: Niners, PatriotsK: doesn’t matterIDP: J. Vilma
I think Winslow only since he is such a big part of the TB offense

tate516 said:
Ok Jeff ... Hoping to go 3-0 ... PPR League

QB (1)

Romo @ HOU -> HOU has given up huge games in week 1/2 to QBs

Vick @ JAC

**I haven't dropped KOLB, bc I want to see how things work out with Vick---Do you agree? give it a week to see what happens

RB (2)

McCoy @ JAC

Best @ MIN

BJackson @ CHI

**Hanging on to Reggie Bush bench BJax. The other two are much better options this week

WR (3)

RMoss v BUF

HNicks v TEN

Dez Bryant @ HOU

Mike Williams v PIT -> I think I would bench Dez since he has been nicked up lately

THANKS for the advice!

Good Luck this week :thumbup:
good luck to you, too

bighead2000 said:
Jeff,What's Buckhalter's value with Maroney coming in now. other backs on wire and I currently have Barber, Tolbert,Hightower as backups.I dropped Lewis for For Hernandez......My team is in sig. So I considered dropping buck for Lewis to have another te.Thanks.....sometimes lately these questions are related to three teams. and I REALLY APPRECIATE YOU ADVICE!
Give it a week to see how much time buck sees.

Hi Jeff, I've been offered Ray Rice for Calvin Johnson and Jamaal Charles in a 10 team dynasty with standard scoring. What do you think? My roster looks like this:QB- Peyton, RyanRB- ADP, Turner, Greene, Charles, Lynch, SnellingWR- Smith (Car), Calvin, OchoCinco, MSW, Floyd, Smith (NYG), Collie
I would pass. You would be selling low on Charles/Calvin. It is not as though Rice is scoring well.

Hi Jeff. I'm struggling for a defense this week. Options I’ve come up with are: • TB at home vs Pitt. Charlie Batch at QB for the Steelers could be interesting. TB Def scored 10 vs Cle and 14 at Car. Pit gave up 9 to Atl and 7 to Ten. This is kind of a flier because Pitt’s offense hasn’t been giving opposing defenses a lot of points, but with Batch playing, I feel that could change. I also like home teams a bit more than away teams as far as defenses go. • KC at home vs SF. KC Def has scored 14 vs SD and 15 at Cle. SF gave up 16 at Sea and 10 vs N.O. The “numbers” seem to say this is a good option, so I like this option, but I also have Gore as my #1 RB. It’s weird to want Gore to run wild, and at that same time be rooting for KC’s defense to do the same! • Wa at StL. Wa Def has scored 13 vs Dal and 6 vs Hou. StL gave up 14 vs Atl and 9 at Oak. It’s an away game, but anything with StL is tempting. • Ten at NYG. Ten Def has scored 12 vs Oak and 7 vs Pit. NYG gave up 10 to Car vs and 20 at Ind. My QB is Eli, so philosophically I hate to root for him to get a bunch of turnovers. Maybe that’s not a good approach to fantasy football!Your thoughts? Thx!
I like WASH only because of Bradford's youth and turnovers

Jeff,Caddy was dropped in my 12 team ppr redraft league and I want to know if he is worth a pick up for my team and if so who to drop to get himMy backs areMJD, Mendenhall, Spiller and SnellingWrMarshall, calvin, royal, knox and DezWe start 2 rb's and 2 wr'sat first glance I could probably drop snelling to pick up caddy but I was actually hoping to make a trade with the Turner owner.Which way do you think I should go?Thanks in advance
I would keep Snelling over Caddy. At least Snelling has upside. He looked great last week. I would hold snelling.

Jeff

I have a question for you about bench options.

1) In my PPR league, Josh Cribbs is available to pick up, and I have a descent WR corp with G Jennins, S. Moss, Ochocinco, Nate Washington, Louis Murphy, and Jabar Gaffney. Is Cribbs worth putting on my bench for Gaffney? Or not?

2) Similar question regarding my RB's. PPR league mind you. I have Adrian Peterson, Arain Foster, Reggie Bush, Earnest Graham, and Mike Sellers. Beyond my 2 starters I am very thin until Reggie Bush gets back. Are any of these guys on the free agency market worth owning? (I am trying to claim Buckhalter off of waivers for Sellers.) Rashad Jennings - Jac, Keiland Williams - Washington, or BenJarvus Green-Ellis NewEngland.

3) I'm thin at TE this year and started Heath Miller both of the 1st 2 weeks and got outscored by Heap on my bench, do I go with Heap this week? (PPR leauge)

Thanks and have a good week.

Pyro boy

aka Scott

JeffI have a question for you about bench options.1) In my PPR league, Josh Cribbs is available to pick up, and I have a descent WR corp with G Jennins, S. Moss, Ochocinco, Nate Washington, Louis Murphy, and Jabar Gaffney. Is Cribbs worth putting on my bench for Gaffney? Or not?2) Similar question regarding my RB's. PPR league mind you. I have Adrian Peterson, Arain Foster, Reggie Bush, Earnest Graham, and Mike Sellers. Beyond my 2 starters I am very thin until Reggie Bush gets back. Are any of these guys on the free agency market worth owning? (I am trying to claim Buckhalter off of waivers for Sellers.) Rashad Jennings - Jac, Keiland Williams - Washington, or BenJarvus Green-Ellis NewEngland. -> drop graham and sellers for bjge and keiland williams3) I'm thin at TE this year and started Heath Miller both of the 1st 2 weeks and got outscored by Heap on my bench, do I go with Heap this week? (PPR leauge) -> would look to see if hernandez is on waiver wire and pick him up, dropping heap. i would play heap until big ben gets back for pittThanks and have a good week.Pyro boy aka Scott

Hey Jeff

Brandon Jackson will play tomorrow night.

I am going to take your advice and NOT grab Peyton Hillis and drop BJackson.

Hillis put up solid numbers once again both in rushing and receiving.

* BenJarvus Green-Ellis is the only other RB that did well today but nothing close to Hillis......

So, do I risk waiting until after the MNF game or grab him before someone else does?

* So, I am really worried about Best going out of the game early with what looks like turf toe

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY WR's Corp looks pretty good but should I trust Dez Bryant or Mike Williams (TB) to cover for Bye weeks? I also get Santonio Holmes back week 5!

Brandon Lloyd (DEN) is available

My DEFENSE is the Patriots, do I say, do I go?

Cowboys-Buffalo-Chargers-Skins?

Last edited by a moderator:
tate516 said:
Hey Jeff

Brandon Jackson will play tomorrow night.

I am going to take your advice and NOT grab Peyton Hillis and drop BJackson.

Hillis put up solid numbers once again both in rushing and receiving.

* BenJarvus Green-Ellis is the only other RB that did well today but nothing close to Hillis......

So, do I risk waiting until after the MNF game or grab him before someone else does?

* So, I am really worried about Best going out of the game early with what looks like turf toe

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY WR's Corp looks pretty good but should I trust Dez Bryant or Mike Williams (TB) to cover for Bye weeks? I also get Santonio Holmes back week 5!

Brandon Lloyd (DEN) is available

My DEFENSE is the Patriots, do I say, do I go?

Cowboys-Buffalo-Chargers-Skins?
Dump Jackson for either hillis or bjge

I like Mike Williams more than dez for this year, and play matchups with your Defenses

Hi Jeff – I have four guys on my roster that aren’t contributing much, and their value has declined.

M. Bush, Toby Gerhart, Derrick Mason, and Greg Olsen.

• Are M. Bush and Gerhart worth keeping, or should I try to swap out either or both on the WW for someone like Darby (StL), Torain (WA), or Blount (TB)?

• Mason just doesn’t seem to be involved in Baltimore, now that Boldin is there. Is he also a swap-out, maybe for Moore (N.O.), Lloyd (Den), Murphy (Oak), Roy Williams ((Dal), or McCluster (KC)?

• And with Keller playing so well, should I chuck the idea of playing matchups with those two, and either trade or swap out Olsen?

12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster. Passing TDs = 4 pts, all others 6 pts. 1 pt for 10 yards rushing and receiving, 25 yards passing.

My Team:

QB: Eli, Ben

RB: Gore, Bradshaw, LT, R Bush, M Bush, Gerhart

WR: Calvin, Brandon, Ochocinco, Mason

TE: Keller, Olsen DEF: Tenn K: Rackers

Hi Jeff – I have four guys on my roster that aren’t contributing much, and their value has declined. M. Bush, Toby Gerhart, Derrick Mason, and Greg Olsen.• Are M. Bush and Gerhart worth keeping, or should I try to swap out either or both on the WW for someone like Darby (StL), Torain (WA), or Blount (TB)?• Mason just doesn’t seem to be involved in Baltimore, now that Boldin is there. Is he also a swap-out, maybe for Moore (N.O.), Lloyd (Den), Murphy (Oak), Roy Williams ((Dal), or McCluster (KC)?• And with Keller playing so well, should I chuck the idea of playing matchups with those two, and either trade or swap out Olsen? 12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster. Passing TDs = 4 pts, all others 6 pts. 1 pt for 10 yards rushing and receiving, 25 yards passing.My Team:QB: Eli, Ben RB: Gore, Bradshaw, LT, R Bush, M Bush, GerhartWR: Calvin, Brandon, Ochocinco, MasonTE: Keller, Olsen DEF: Tenn K: Rackers
Keep Bush and Gerhart for the sake of upside. I could see dumping Olsen and picking up a TE2 when needed to cover a bye. Are there any WRs better than Mason available?I would look to pick up a RB for Olsen and a WR for Mason.

Waiver Wire Decision here Jeff,

League 1:

10 team PPR, 1/10, 6 td

RBs - Rice, Gore, MBush, Addai start just 2, no flex

With the Rice injury potentially being worse than they are leading on, do I drop Bush for any of the following or just stick with him and start Addai if Rice misses any time?

FAs available: Hillis, Snelling, McGahee, Forsett, Lynch, FJax, RickyW, FTaylor, Sproles? (and of course the deeper, Torain, Blount, Ringer, Green-Ellis, etc)

leaning towards Hillis but not sold on him completely yet, and he's a Brown.

League 2

12 team PPR, 1/40 return, 1/10 6 td - - - auction keeper

WRs: MSW, TO, Harvin, MWallace, Breaston start 2, possible 1 flex (RBs Addai, Foster, Charles, Wells, Stewart)

Now that Breaston is having surgery and out till atleast Week 7, do I hang on to him or cut him loose and Bid on an available FA WR?

FA's available: R.E. Williams, Louis Murphy, Brandon Lloyd, Jabar Gaffney, Lance Moore, Josh Cribbs, McCluster

also hearing that Hines Ward is getting let go in this league, I have Wallace so I dont know if I want both, totally up in the air on this one.

**currently being offered Thomas Jones for MWallace here too.

PS: too early to sell high on Foster here? could potentially get the likes of Welker, Andre3000, or Roddy Roddy White

Please Help!

thanks!

I plan on dropping Buehler or perhaps San Fran to pickup a RB:

Blount

Ringer

Torain

I'm pretty sure that I want Ringer, but Blount could be useful too. If CJ goes down, Ringer becomes a great RB2 IMO.

Screw it: I picked up Torain and dropped SFO. I can drop Buehler for another, I have Matt Bryant. I'd rather hope one of them is there next week though and drop Bryant for one. Good idea, or lock up Ringer or Blount now?

Hi Jeff,

My team is pretty weak at WR (Team 1 below), so I've been shopping Arian Foster around for a WR. Another owner was crushed at RB when Grant and Matthews went down. He's got Roddy White and Andre Johnson and is offering AJ for Foster straight up. Should I be worried about AJ's injuries? I feel like White is the more solid option overall this year.

Scoring is non-PPR, all TDs 6pts, 1pt/25 return yards.

What do you think? Does it matter which WR I go for? Thanks!

Jeff,

I have a stacked team ready to win now, my only concern is QB depth if Rodgers goes down as Young has not been as good as I expected.

My QB's- Rodgers, Young, Flynn

His QB's- Bradford, McNabb, Ryan, Sanchez

His team is in last place 12 team PPR dynasty start 1 QB and he needs WR's

I would think he values Bradford & either Ryan or Sanchez the most.

I would prefer to make a play for one of McNabb, Ryan or Sanchez and would prefer to part with Clayton, Cotchery or M. Thomas but full roster in my sig below.

What would make sense to you value wise WR for QB?

Thanks

PPR LEAGUE

I am in some trouble...I need a WR to cover the Cowboys bye week.

My options are hard to rank:(#3 WR) -- Starting Randy Moss & Hakeem Nicks

Jabar Gaffney -- Braylon Edwards -- Legedu Naanee -- Courtney Roby (Return YDS) -- Pierre Garcon or BLAIR WHITE

* Do I wait? Do you think Garcon will start week 4? What have you heard?

* Leaning towards Gaffney but praying for news on Garcon

* I have Kevin Kolb & Vick so I am going to drop Kolb for 1 of the WR's above. (Plus ROMO)

Next nightmare question #2 RB's:

Here is what's left - in no particular order:

Justin Forsett -- Laurence Maroney -- Donald Brown -- Willis McGahee (If Rice is out)

Marshawn Lynch -- Leon Washington -- Kenneth Darby -- Maurice Morris --

Chris Ivory (If Thomas is out) -- Ryan Torain -- Kuhn (He looked solid but will GB move him to RB1?)

I have Reggie Bush on my bench with Brandon Jackson!

I am worried that Best won't start or last for the Lions this week.....

---Are you worried about Best this week?

I will have to drop Brandon Jackson to pick up 1 of the RB's listed above.

I need the best match-up for this week. Green Bay is playing Detroit am I crazy to think BJax gets more carries this week?

So----Stay pat with the RB's I have or pick up ???????

Thanks for the advice as usual.....I hope you get this soon before I miss out on Gaffney!

Waiver Wire Decision here Jeff,

League 1:

10 team PPR, 1/10, 6 td

RBs - Rice, Gore, MBush, Addai start just 2, no flex

With the Rice injury potentially being worse than they are leading on, do I drop Bush for any of the following or just stick with him and start Addai if Rice misses any time?

FAs available: Hillis, Snelling, McGahee, Forsett, Lynch, FJax, RickyW, FTaylor, Sproles? (and of course the deeper, Torain, Blount, Ringer, Green-Ellis, etc)

leaning towards Hillis but not sold on him completely yet, and he's a Brown.

League 2

12 team PPR, 1/40 return, 1/10 6 td - - - auction keeper

WRs: MSW, TO, Harvin, MWallace, Breaston start 2, possible 1 flex (RBs Addai, Foster, Charles, Wells, Stewart)

Now that Breaston is having surgery and out till atleast Week 7, do I hang on to him or cut him loose and Bid on an available FA WR?

FA's available: R.E. Williams, Louis Murphy, Brandon Lloyd, Jabar Gaffney, Lance Moore, Josh Cribbs, McCluster

also hearing that Hines Ward is getting let go in this league, I have Wallace so I dont know if I want both, totally up in the air on this one.

**currently being offered Thomas Jones for MWallace here too.

PS: too early to sell high on Foster here? could potentially get the likes of Welker, Andre3000, or Roddy Roddy White

Please Help!

thanks!
I would drop breaston for murphy and drop bush for willis. if rice starts, start him. if not willis mcg

I plan on dropping Buehler or perhaps San Fran to pickup a RB:BlountRingerTorainI'm pretty sure that I want Ringer, but Blount could be useful too. If CJ goes down, Ringer becomes a great RB2 IMO.Screw it: I picked up Torain and dropped SFO. I can drop Buehler for another, I have Matt Bryant. I'd rather hope one of them is there next week though and drop Bryant for one. Good idea, or lock up Ringer or Blount now?
I would go with ringer only because he has the most upside

Hi Jeff,My team is pretty weak at WR (Team 1 below), so I've been shopping Arian Foster around for a WR. Another owner was crushed at RB when Grant and Matthews went down. He's got Roddy White and Andre Johnson and is offering AJ for Foster straight up. Should I be worried about AJ's injuries? I feel like White is the more solid option overall this year.Scoring is non-PPR, all TDs 6pts, 1pt/25 return yards.What do you think? Does it matter which WR I go for? Thanks!
I would prefer white, but aj would be ok, too. Just need to watch injury report closely with him and his ankle

dmac37 said:
Jeff,

I have a stacked team ready to win now, my only concern is QB depth if Rodgers goes down as Young has not been as good as I expected.

I would prefer to make a play for one of McNabb, Ryan or Sanchez and would prefer to part with Clayton, Cotchery or M. Thomas but full roster in my sig below.

Thanks
I would be happy with Flynn. He is better than most anyone you would get. GB is stacked with weapons

PPR LEAGUE

I am in some trouble...I need a WR to cover the Cowboys bye week.

My options are hard to rank:(#3 WR) -- Starting Randy Moss & Hakeem Nicks

Jabar Gaffney -- Braylon Edwards -- Legedu Naanee -- Courtney Roby (Return YDS) -- Pierre Garcon or BLAIR WHITE

* Do I wait? Do you think Garcon will start week 4? What have you heard?

* Leaning towards Gaffney but praying for news on Garcon

* I have Kevin Kolb & Vick so I am going to drop Kolb for 1 of the WR's above. (Plus ROMO)

I would target edwards or naanee this week and garcon next

Next nightmare question #2 RB's:

Here is what's left - in no particular order:

Justin Forsett -- Laurence Maroney -- Donald Brown -- Willis McGahee (If Rice is out)

Marshawn Lynch -- Leon Washington -- Kenneth Darby -- Maurice Morris --

Chris Ivory (If Thomas is out) -- Ryan Torain -- Kuhn (He looked solid but will GB move him to RB1?)

I have Reggie Bush on my bench with Brandon Jackson!

I am worried that Best won't start or last for the Lions this week.....

---Are you worried about Best this week?

I will have to drop Brandon Jackson to pick up 1 of the RB's listed above.

I need the best match-up for this week. Green Bay is playing Detroit am I crazy to think BJax gets more carries this week?

So----Stay pat with the RB's I have or pick up ???????

this is close, but I would go with Maroney and hope for the best. One guy I like not listed is BJGE of NE

Thanks for the advice as usual.....I hope you get this soon before I miss out on Gaffney!

dmac37 said:
Jeff,

Thanks
I would be happy with Flynn. He is better than most anyone you would get. GB is stacked with weapons
You really think Flynn would be better than Ryan, McNabb or Sanchez if Rodgers went down??Do other Rodgers owners handcuff Flynn, I thought I was like the only one to do this??

dmac37 said:
Jeff,

Thanks
You really think Flynn would be better than Ryan, McNabb or Sanchez if Rodgers went down??Do other Rodgers owners handcuff Flynn, I thought I was like the only one to do this??
for me, there are only two options for this strategy:rodgers/flynn and romo/kitna .... all has to do with a decent backup with great weapons

I plan on dropping Buehler or perhaps San Fran to pickup a RB:BlountRingerTorainI'm pretty sure that I want Ringer, but Blount could be useful too. If CJ goes down, Ringer becomes a great RB2 IMO.Screw it: I picked up Torain and dropped SFO. I can drop Buehler for another, I have Matt Bryant. I'd rather hope one of them is there next week though and drop Bryant for one. Good idea, or lock up Ringer or Blount now?
So would you drop Buehler now and grab Ringer, or hope he's there next week so I can drop Bryant for him?

So would you drop Buehler now and grab Ringer, or hope he's there next week so I can drop Bryant for him?
grab ringer now. bryant has been very good this year

Hi Jeff

I listened to your advice and picked up BenJarvus Green-Ellis and am glad I did. Thanks!

I also stashed Keiland Williams but my 1st question involves him.

Who would you want on your ( or mine actually) bench in a PPR league, Williams or Ryan Torain? Torain in available in my league but I am not sure who will be worth more in the next few weeks/months.

One other question abot Greg Jennings. I caught the last 3 quarters of the MNF game and didn't see one throw or target for that matter to Jennings. I know I missed the TD in the 1st Quarter, but I watched a lot of that game and I couldn't even tell he was on the field. Did he piss off the coach or was he hurt or were they just shutting him down that much? I mainly saw Finley, Driver, and the odd 3rd or 4th WR get targets and catches, but NOTHING for Jennings. Is he ok to keep starting? My record is starting to worry me...

Thanks

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread