What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (2 Viewers)

Do you like any of these deals for me?My roster and scoring details16 team dynasty ppr Start 1qb, 2rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 wr/rb, 1wr/teQB Matt Ryan, ryan FitzpatrickRB McCoy, McFadden, Forsett, washington, Bernard scott, James Starks, Anthony Dixon, Danny woodhead, Ben Tate IRWR Calvin Johnson, Roddy white, James Jones, Lee Evans, Brandon Lloyd, Nananee, Blair WhiteTE Dresden, ShefllerTrade AI get Mike Bell for James JonesorTrade BI get Keilland Williams, Mike Bell, Steve Smith NYG and Zach Miller OakTrade CI give James Jones, Calvin Johnson, Tony ShefflerTrade DI giveMcFadden, fitzpatrick and lee evansI get mcNabb, Hester, and LTTrade EI give upFitzpatrick, woodhead, Dixon and Mcfaddeni getFelix Jones, Golden Tate, Brian Hartline, and Dwyer
I like the last one best ... but might be easiest to try to get Michael Bush on the cheap. The first four trades are short sided for your team. You are giving too much youth for one or two year, aging players

Do you like any of these deals for me?My roster and scoring details16 team dynasty ppr Start 1qb, 2rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 wr/rb, 1wr/teQB Matt Ryan, ryan FitzpatrickRB McCoy, McFadden, Forsett, washington, Bernard scott, James Starks, Anthony Dixon, Danny woodhead, Ben Tate IRWR Calvin Johnson, Roddy white, James Jones, Lee Evans, Brandon Lloyd, Nananee, Blair WhiteTE Dresden, ShefllerTrade AI get Mike Bell for James JonesorTrade BI get Keilland Williams, Mike Bell, Steve Smith NYG and Zach Miller OakTrade CI give James Jones, Calvin Johnson, Tony ShefflerTrade DI giveMcFadden, fitzpatrick and lee evansI get mcNabb, Hester, and LTTrade EI give upFitzpatrick, woodhead, Dixon and Mcfaddeni getFelix Jones, Golden Tate, Brian Hartline, and Dwyer
I like the last one best ... but might be easiest to try to get Michael Bush on the cheap. The first four trades are short sided for your team. You are giving too much youth for one or two year, aging players
Michael Bush owner wanted a mint before Mcfaddent was injured...plus i play him this week

tate516 said:
Hi Jeff......

RB options....PPR League

I have McCoy(ribs), Best ( Who is also questionable with his toe injury ), Reggie Bush (leg) & Torain.

LeSean McCoy's status this week is very unclear.

Mike Bell is dealing with a knee injury as well. But, I know what he did in New Orleans last season.

Tough matchup this week but he is there only option if McCoy can't go...

If I have to handcuff somebody McCoy would be my choice over Reggie Bush with the guys below, right?

Pierre Thomas's status remains in question for week 5.

Ladell Betts and Chris Ivory are both in line for a big week against a pathetic Arizona run D if Thomas is out.

Darren Sproles is an option because of his return yards that I earn on punts/kick-offs & he gets a carry here and there.

Torain is my only guarantee this week at RB.

I'm hoping McCoy goes and I can start him & Torain.

Would you grab any of the players mentioned above?

-----------------------------------------------------------

If your answer is yes, I need to drop 1 of my WR's. I have R Moss,H Nicks,Dez Bryant,Pierre Garcon,Santonio Holmes & Mike Williams (TB)

Who would you drop? I'm leaning towards MWilliams.

Should I wait for more news later this week before I make a move? I don't want to drop Mike Williams if its not going to help my roster.

Or would you just stand pat?

Thanks Again!
I would drop Dez for Bell and play him if Mccoy is out
Everything I read talks about the upside with Bryant as the season moves on....I know Mike Williams (TB) is Josh Freeman's #1 target but here are the points both have earned for me so far (both were on a bye wk 4)-BRYANT 14Rec 158Yds 89Ret Yds 1Ret TD Total Points 36.46

-WILLIAMS 12Rec 139Yds 2TDs Total Points 31.27

*I like the bonus with Bryant that I receive since he returns punts/kick-offs

Do you like Williams more because he is the #1 for a team? I understand that logic, I just don't see that offense as a powerhouse.

Besides, with my WR roster of Randy Moss/H Nicks/Santonio Holmes/Pierre Garcon & Dez Bryant/Mike Williams.....Unless its a Bye week I can't see when I would give Williams the start over the guys listed above.

Give it to me straight, is my logic on point or am I crazy. I know I gave you additional info on my team in this post that you didn't know earlier.

In the end it boils down to this do you think I NEED to add Mike Bell to secure my RB corp?

If so, is it worth letting any of my WR's go?

--Part of me thinks I should wait until Saturday night to see the latest news on Best & McCoy. I know I am starting Ryan Torain, I just need a #2

While I have your attention, you know what my options are at RB in my league....I need 2 to start

I need 3 WR's here are my options:

R Moss @ NYJ

H Nicks @ HOU

S Holmes v MIN

P Garcon v KC

D Bryant v TEN

M Williams @ CIN

As always, I appreciate your time and advice!

Last edited by a moderator:
football newbie said:
Hi Jeff – I’m wondering if there is an opportunity here. Michael Bush for Darren McFadden?He’s 1-3, McFadden may be injured, Rice underperforming. 1. Is M. Bush for McFadden an offer to consider making? If indeed McFadden is out for a week or so, would he want to swap him out for M. Bush to have another RB to play? 2. Along with this is the real question…who is the better option going forward? If this is just McFadden’s first of many typical injuries, then Bush is the one to keep, and it would be crazy to trade him. But if Oakland really thinks McFadden’s versatility gives him an edge, then maybe it would be worthwhile to pick him up as a fill-in for later in the year.3. I guess I’m also assuming that Ray Rice is underperforming so much that maybe I don’t find a way to include either him or Vernon Davis in a trade offer?Do you have any opinions on these?Thx!
I would keep Bush. McFadden seems to always be injured. As far as Rice, he is nicked. I would try to trade for him just for the end of the season.
Hi Jeff - wasn't quite sure what you meant about Rice. I think you're saying that since he's nicked up a bit now, that he'd be a good player to go after so I could have him for the rest of the year...right? Or is he so nicked up that you think wait and maybe try again after about week 10 or 11?
sorry for not being clear. Buy low now since many are worried about his health. When the Baltimore weather gets bad, they will run often.
Thx Jeff. Can I follow that thought? Is the offer LT for Rice, or can I do better?LT is playing so good right now. But is Rice’s overall value this year greater than LT’s? People keep thinking LT will either wear down or they’ll give Shonn Greene more work. And the NYJ approach is defiantly RBBC. Man, I love that NYJ running attack though… wow. I also keep trying to find something else to offer for Rice, and just can’t seem to find it. Even though M. Bush is potentially good now with McFadden’s hammy, and R. Bush could be interesting when he returns, I can’t imagine him considering a 2 for 1 of Bush and Bush for Rice. So looking at these two rosters, is a straight swap of LT and Rice in order? Based on points scored so far this year, it’s way heavy for LT (57 for LT, 27 for Rice). 12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster. Passing TDs = 4 pts, all others 6 pts. 1 pt for 10 yards rushing and receiving, 25 yards passing.My Team: QB: Eli, Ben RB: Gore, Bradshaw, LT, R Bush, M Bush, Gerhart WR: Calvin, Marshall, Ochocinco, MSWTE: Keller, Olsen DEF: Car K: RackersHis Team: QB: Vick, BradfordRB: Rice, McFadden, CharlesWR: Fitzgerald, Smith (Car), Louis Murphy, Crabtree, Berrian, HoushmandzadehTE: Davis, Carlson DEF: Saints, Eagles K: Kaeding

I am in a .5 per reception redraft league. 10 teamer. I am 1-3 and am projected to lose by 11 again this week and feel like I need to make a move. RB injuries have killed me recently. What is my trade bait, and who might you target? thanks for any help.

My team:

QB: Brees, M. Ryan

RB: P. Thomas, J. Best, M. Forte, M. Barber,

WR: R. Moss, H. Nicks, S. Moss, M. Wallace,

TE: B. Pettigrew

DEF: Patriots, Atlanta

K: doesn’t matter

IDP: D.J. Williams

stupid injuries!

Jeff, I'm 2-2 in a 12 team ppr, .5/comp, 1/25 pass, 4 td pas, 1/10 yds oth, 6 td oth

I have Cutler and Vick. max/min of 2 qbs, start 1.

both out this week and possibly next. do i risk this week with no qb, essentially like last, or drop one for an available FA this week and try to pick em back up next week. In a Blind Bidding system, have $91 left on a $100 budget. Any FA will cost me $3 right now. It's an auction keeper and Vick was $0 and Cutler $6 so they're cheap.

WHAT DO I DO?

available FA's:

Kolb, Hasselback, Fitzpatrick, A Smith, Garrard, Freeman, Gradkowski, Hall

EDIT: Also, now negotiating a few offers for Cutler. . .

Cutler and MSW for Bradford and Collie

Cutler and MSW for Bradford and Boldin

Cutler and Celek for Bradford and Finley

a deal here might make most sense since Cutler/Vick also have same bye week and Bradford does play Detroit this week too. thoughts?

Team:

Vick, Cutler

Foster, Charles, Addai, Wells, Stewart

Owens, Harvin, Wallace, MSW, Tate

Celek, Meaoki

start qb rb rb wr wr flex te

thanks!

Michael Bush owner wanted a mint before Mcfaddent was injured...plus i play him this week
Felix should see increased workload last half of season

Hi Jeff......

RB options....PPR League

I have McCoy(ribs), Best ( Who is also questionable with his toe injury ), Reggie Bush (leg) & Torain.

LeSean McCoy's status this week is very unclear.

Mike Bell is dealing with a knee injury as well. But, I know what he did in New Orleans last season.

Tough matchup this week but he is there only option if McCoy can't go...

If I have to handcuff somebody McCoy would be my choice over Reggie Bush with the guys below, right?

Pierre Thomas's status remains in question for week 5.

Ladell Betts and Chris Ivory are both in line for a big week against a pathetic Arizona run D if Thomas is out.

Darren Sproles is an option because of his return yards that I earn on punts/kick-offs & he gets a carry here and there.

Torain is my only guarantee this week at RB.

I'm hoping McCoy goes and I can start him & Torain.

Would you grab any of the players mentioned above?

If your answer is yes, I need to drop 1 of my WR's. I have R Moss,H Nicks,Dez Bryant,Pierre Garcon,Santonio Holmes & Mike Williams (TB)

Who would you drop? I'm leaning towards MWilliams.

Should I wait for more news later this week before I make a move? I don't want to drop Mike Williams if its not going to help my roster.

Or would you just stand pat?

Thanks Again!
I would drop Dez for Bell and play him if Mccoy is out
Everything I read talks about the upside with Bryant as the season moves on....I know Mike Williams (TB) is Josh Freeman's #1 target but here are the points both have earned for me so far (both were on a bye wk 4)-BRYANT 14Rec 158Yds 89Ret Yds 1Ret TD Total Points 36.46

-WILLIAMS 12Rec 139Yds 2TDs Total Points 31.27

*I like the bonus with Bryant that I receive since he returns punts/kick-offs

Do you like Williams more because he is the #1 for a team? I understand that logic, I just don't see that offense as a powerhouse.

Besides, with my WR roster of Randy Moss/H Nicks/Santonio Holmes/Pierre Garcon & Dez Bryant/Mike Williams.....Unless its a Bye week I can't see when I would give Williams the start over the guys listed above.

Give it to me straight, is my logic on point or am I crazy. I know I gave you additional info on my team in this post that you didn't know earlier.

In the end it boils down to this do you think I NEED to add Mike Bell to secure my RB corp?

If so, is it worth letting any of my WR's go?

--Part of me thinks I should wait until Saturday night to see the latest news on Best & McCoy. I know I am starting Ryan Torain, I just need a #2

While I have your attention, you know what my options are at RB in my league....I need 2 to start

R Moss @ NYJ

H Nicks @ HOU

S Holmes v MIN

P Garcon v KC

D Bryant v TEN

M Williams @ CIN

I would wait until Sat nite. My thinking on Mike Williams is that he stands to benefit if/when Freeman improves while Dez is the 3rd or 4th option in Dallas. Dez would be great if something happened to Miles Austin

Hi Jeff – I’m wondering if there is an opportunity here. Michael Bush for Darren McFadden?He’s 1-3, McFadden may be injured, Rice underperforming. 1. Is M. Bush for McFadden an offer to consider making? If indeed McFadden is out for a week or so, would he want to swap him out for M. Bush to have another RB to play? 2. Along with this is the real question…who is the better option going forward? If this is just McFadden’s first of many typical injuries, then Bush is the one to keep, and it would be crazy to trade him. But if Oakland really thinks McFadden’s versatility gives him an edge, then maybe it would be worthwhile to pick him up as a fill-in for later in the year.3. I guess I’m also assuming that Ray Rice is underperforming so much that maybe I don’t find a way to include either him or Vernon Davis in a trade offer?Do you have any opinions on these?Thx!
I would keep Bush. McFadden seems to always be injured. As far as Rice, he is nicked. I would try to trade for him just for the end of the season.
Hi Jeff - wasn't quite sure what you meant about Rice. I think you're saying that since he's nicked up a bit now, that he'd be a good player to go after so I could have him for the rest of the year...right? Or is he so nicked up that you think wait and maybe try again after about week 10 or 11?
sorry for not being clear. Buy low now since many are worried about his health. When the Baltimore weather gets bad, they will run often.
Thx Jeff. Can I follow that thought? Is the offer LT for Rice, or can I do better?LT is playing so good right now. But is Rice’s overall value this year greater than LT’s? People keep thinking LT will either wear down or they’ll give Shonn Greene more work. And the NYJ approach is defiantly RBBC. Man, I love that NYJ running attack though… wow. I also keep trying to find something else to offer for Rice, and just can’t seem to find it. Even though M. Bush is potentially good now with McFadden’s hammy, and R. Bush could be interesting when he returns, I can’t imagine him considering a 2 for 1 of Bush and Bush for Rice. So looking at these two rosters, is a straight swap of LT and Rice in order? Based on points scored so far this year, it’s way heavy for LT (57 for LT, 27 for Rice). 12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster. Passing TDs = 4 pts, all others 6 pts. 1 pt for 10 yards rushing and receiving, 25 yards passing.My Team: QB: Eli, Ben RB: Gore, Bradshaw, LT, R Bush, M Bush, Gerhart WR: Calvin, Marshall, Ochocinco, MSWTE: Keller, Olsen DEF: Car K: RackersHis Team: QB: Vick, BradfordRB: Rice, McFadden, CharlesWR: Fitzgerald, Smith (Car), Louis Murphy, Crabtree, Berrian, HoushmandzadehTE: Davis, Carlson DEF: Saints, Eagles K: Kaeding
I would be happy getting Rice for LT. His age and injury history make him very risky

I am in a .5 per reception redraft league. 10 teamer. I am 1-3 and am projected to lose by 11 again this week and feel like I need to make a move. RB injuries have killed me recently. What is my trade bait, and who might you target? thanks for any help.My team:QB: Brees, M. RyanRB: P. Thomas, J. Best, M. Forte, M. Barber,WR: R. Moss, H. Nicks, S. Moss, M. Wallace,TE: B. PettigrewDEF: Patriots, AtlantaK: doesn’t matterIDP: D.J. Williams
look to trade Ryan, Pierre Thomas, Best, Marion barber, or Nicks.Look to trade two for a stud

stupid injuries!Jeff, I'm 2-2 in a 12 team ppr, .5/comp, 1/25 pass, 4 td pas, 1/10 yds oth, 6 td othI have Cutler and Vick. max/min of 2 qbs, start 1.both out this week and possibly next. do i risk this week with no qb, essentially like last, or drop one for an available FA this week and try to pick em back up next week. In a Blind Bidding system, have $91 left on a $100 budget. Any FA will cost me $3 right now. It's an auction keeper and Vick was $0 and Cutler $6 so they're cheap.WHAT DO I DO? available FA's: Kolb, Hasselback, Fitzpatrick, A Smith, Garrard, Freeman, Gradkowski, HallEDIT: Also, now negotiating a few offers for Cutler. . . Cutler and MSW for Bradford and CollieCutler and MSW for Bradford and BoldinCutler and Celek for Bradford and Finleya deal here might make most sense since Cutler/Vick also have same bye week and Bradford does play Detroit this week too. thoughts?Team:Vick, CutlerFoster, Charles, Addai, Wells, StewartOwens, Harvin, Wallace, MSW, TateCelek, Meaokistart qb rb rb wr wr flex te thanks!
take any of those offers. All three are great for you

stupid injuries!Jeff, I'm 2-2 in a 12 team ppr, .5/comp, 1/25 pass, 4 td pas, 1/10 yds oth, 6 td othI have Cutler and Vick. max/min of 2 qbs, start 1.both out this week and possibly next. do i risk this week with no qb, essentially like last, or drop one for an available FA this week and try to pick em back up next week. In a Blind Bidding system, have $91 left on a $100 budget. Any FA will cost me $3 right now. It's an auction keeper and Vick was $0 and Cutler $6 so they're cheap.WHAT DO I DO? available FA's: Kolb, Hasselback, Fitzpatrick, A Smith, Garrard, Freeman, Gradkowski, HallEDIT: Also, now negotiating a few offers for Cutler. . . Cutler and MSW for Bradford and CollieCutler and MSW for Bradford and BoldinCutler and Celek for Bradford and Finleya deal here might make most sense since Cutler/Vick also have same bye week and Bradford does play Detroit this week too. thoughts?Team:Vick, CutlerFoster, Charles, Addai, Wells, StewartOwens, Harvin, Wallace, MSW, TateCelek, Meaokistart qb rb rb wr wr flex te thanks!
he bailed, decided to hang onto Bradford due to keeper league, dont blame him.next idea? lol

he bailed, decided to hang onto Bradford due to keeper league, dont blame him.next idea? lol
spend three one Kolb. He could be worth something as a keeper as a starter somewhere else next year

Jeff,My fantasy team, see signature, is falling part and it all points to the glaring weakness at RB (lost Grant and Reggie bush). I tried to address it this past week by sending Kevin Walter to Forsett only to have Lynch, who I just dropped for Eddie Royal, being traded to Seattle. Due to my horrible waiver spot, don't get me started on the BS league rules, I have missed out on pretty every RB available. Do you have any thoughts? Should I try to trade Boldin or Megatron for a #1/2 RB? We start 3 WR with two WR/RB flex spots. I am also in a quandry this week with Vick/Big Ben both being unavailable and having to use a roster spot on an additional QB instead of a defense to cover the Steelers. I hate to drop Cadillac, as that would leave me with just 3 RBs but I don't see much other choice.Mike Bell, Christopher Ivory, Javon Ringer, Danny Woodhead, and John Kuhn are the best RBs available on waivers that I can find (Starks is available if you believe the hype).HELP!!
bell is a starter this week with mccoy presumably out. I might see how he does before moving a WR. But, I would move Boldin for a good RB1 in a hearhtbeat. WRs are easier to find.
who would you drop for bell if mccoy is out?
forsett or caddy.
would you trade Boldin and a RB of his choice between Tolbert/MBIII/Forsett/Bell for Addai and Floyd?Or would you trade Boldin straight up for McCoy?

I would prefer addai deal since you get two starters

Jeff,My fantasy team, see signature, is falling part and it all points to the glaring weakness at RB (lost Grant and Reggie bush). I tried to address it this past week by sending Kevin Walter to Forsett only to have Lynch, who I just dropped for Eddie Royal, being traded to Seattle. Due to my horrible waiver spot, don't get me started on the BS league rules, I have missed out on pretty every RB available. Do you have any thoughts? Should I try to trade Boldin or Megatron for a #1/2 RB? We start 3 WR with two WR/RB flex spots. I am also in a quandry this week with Vick/Big Ben both being unavailable and having to use a roster spot on an additional QB instead of a defense to cover the Steelers. I hate to drop Cadillac, as that would leave me with just 3 RBs but I don't see much other choice.Mike Bell, Christopher Ivory, Javon Ringer, Danny Woodhead, and John Kuhn are the best RBs available on waivers that I can find (Starks is available if you believe the hype).HELP!!
bell is a starter this week with mccoy presumably out. I might see how he does before moving a WR. But, I would move Boldin for a good RB1 in a hearhtbeat. WRs are easier to find.
who would you drop for bell if mccoy is out?
forsett or caddy.
would you trade Boldin and a RB of his choice between Tolbert/MBIII/Forsett/Bell for Addai and Floyd?Or would you trade Boldin straight up for McCoy?

Hi Jeff, how are your teams doing this year? Good I hope.

I have a question or two for you in a PPR league, standard scoring except QB passing TD's are 3pts, not 6.

1) Which 3rd WR to start this week... My WR1 and WR2 this week are Jennings and Ochocinco, but I have to pick between Nate Washington, Santana Moss, Louis Murphy, and Jabar Gaffney. I have them in that order and was planning on starting Washington over Moss, is that the safer move? Moss tends to be all or nothing, and it looks like lately its nothing.

2) We start an Offensive Player or OP in stead of a Flex meaning that we can start a 2nd QB in that spot. Is Shaun Hill worth the start with his recent performance, over Ryan Torian or one of the WR's above?

Thanks

Scott

aka Pyro Boy

Hi Jeff,

Would you consider starting Randy Moss this week out of these following WRs? Does your suggestion change depending on if Revis is playing or if Cromartie covers Moss?

Standard scoring, non-PPR, 1/25 return yds

Pick 2

Moss @NYJ

NYG Smith @Hou

Ochocinco vs. TB

Bowe @Ind

Also, McNabb seems a little gimpy again, has a tough matchup, and he's my bye week QB filling in for Brady. Do I play him or pick up someone off waivers who has a really good matchup?

6/TD, 1/25 passing, 1/10 rush

McNabb vs. GB

Eli @Hou

Garrard @Buf

Hill vs. STL

Bradford @Det

Flacco vs. Den

Thanks as always!

4-0 where do i need to improve to continue?

16 team Dynasty PPR

Start 1 qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1 wr/rb, 1 wr/te

QB Matt Ryan, Ryan Fitzpatrick

RB Lesean McCoy, Darren McFadden, Mike Bell, Justin Forsett, leon Washington, James Starks, Anthony Dixon, Danny Wood head (WR/RB), Ben Tate (IR), Bernard Scott

WR Calvin Johnson, Roddy White, Brandon Lloyd, Lee Evans, Legedu Nanaee, Blair White

TE Sheffler, Joel Dresden

Should I trade my picks i have 2 1sts and 4 nds

I have been offered players like Vince Young Derrick Mason, earl bennett, Muhammed Massaqui for picks straight up

Hey Jeff,

Is Vince Young viable this year at all? Someone dropped him in this standard scoring league.

Thanks

Bell on wire this week?

was planning on using D Williams,Bradshaw,S. moss,Calvin,Floyd with McCoy hurt.

Hi again Jeff. What do you think of Dixon as a handcuff to Gore?

I own Gore, and have been holding on to Gerhart as a lottery pick. I’m wondering now if I should be holding Dixon as that lottery pick instead?

If Gore were injured, is Dixon enough of a player that he’d get a majority of the touches in SF? They’re not a very good team right now, so my instincts tell me that even though he may be the backup, that if Gore was injured, that Dixon and Westbrook would be in some sort of RBBC that would decrease Dixon’s value. Or, since the offense is so bad, that he’d struggle to get the catches and runs that Gore gets.

I suppose that could be said about Gerhart, except that the Vikings have that extraordinary offensive line.

Thanks! Always appreciate your insights.

Edit to add: Just noticed that Derrick Ward in Houston is on our WW. Listened to Bloom and Lammey talk about this weekend's games. Said nice things about Ward. I feel good about my RBs, but does he fit on this team? Thx.

12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster.

Passing TDs = 4 pts, all others 6 pts. 1 pt for 10 yards rushing and receiving, 25 yards passing.

My Team: QB: Eli, Ben

RB: Gore, Bradshaw, LT, R Bush, M Bush, Gerhart

WR: Calvin, Marshall, Ochocinco, MSW

TE: Keller, Olsen DEF: Car K: Rackers

1/15 rec

1/10 rush

0.5 ppr

Betts

S Moss

Spiller

I have this weird gut feeling that Spiller might explode on Jacksonville, but ARZ sucks on defense, and Santana would provide some Torain insurance because against GB, at least one of he or Santana should do well.

I am without P. Thomas again this week. .5 per reception league. 1 pt every 10 yds.receiving/rushing. 6 pts. all td's. Who would you start among S. Moss vs. GB, D. Bryant vs. Titans, L. Betts or C. Ivory vs. Arizona, or M. Barber vs. Titans. I do need upside as i am projected to lose by 10 this week.

Hi Jeff, how are your teams doing this year? Good I hope.I have a question or two for you in a PPR league, standard scoring except QB passing TD's are 3pts, not 6.1) Which 3rd WR to start this week... My WR1 and WR2 this week are Jennings and Ochocinco, but I have to pick between Nate Washington, Santana Moss, Louis Murphy, and Jabar Gaffney. I have them in that order and was planning on starting Washington over Moss, is that the safer move? Moss tends to be all or nothing, and it looks like lately its nothing.2) We start an Offensive Player or OP in stead of a Flex meaning that we can start a 2nd QB in that spot. Is Shaun Hill worth the start with his recent performance, over Ryan Torian or one of the WR's above? ThanksScott aka Pyro Boy
I like Moss to rebound. He is the only WR Wash has. I know most love Torain, but I would roll with Hill.

Hi Jeff,

Would you consider starting Randy Moss this week out of these following WRs? Does your suggestion change depending on if Revis is playing or if Cromartie covers Moss?

Standard scoring, non-PPR, 1/25 return yds

Pick 2

Moss @NYJ

NYG Smith @Hou

Ochocinco vs. TB

Bowe @Ind

Also, McNabb seems a little gimpy again, has a tough matchup, and he's my bye week QB filling in for Brady. Do I play him or pick up someone off waivers who has a really good matchup?

6/TD, 1/25 passing, 1/10 rush

McNabb vs. GB

Eli @Hou - HOU is horrible vs pass

Garrard @Buf

Hill vs. STL

Bradford @Det

Flacco vs. Den

Thanks as always!

4-0 where do i need to improve to continue?16 team Dynasty PPRStart 1 qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1 wr/rb, 1 wr/te QB Matt Ryan, Ryan FitzpatrickRB Lesean McCoy, Darren McFadden, Mike Bell, Justin Forsett, leon Washington, James Starks, Anthony Dixon, Danny Wood head (WR/RB), Ben Tate (IR), Bernard ScottWR Calvin Johnson, Roddy White, Brandon Lloyd, Lee Evans, Legedu Nanaee, Blair WhiteTE Sheffler, Joel DresdenShould I trade my picks i have 2 1sts and 4 ndsI have been offered players like Vince Young Derrick Mason, earl bennett, Muhammed Massaqui for picks straight up
keep your picks. They will gain value. I would just keep working the waiver wire to upgrade the bench. Looks good tho

Hey Jeff,Is Vince Young viable this year at all? Someone dropped him in this standard scoring league.ThanksBell on wire this week?was planning on using D Williams,Bradshaw,S. moss,Calvin,Floyd with McCoy hurt.
VY is a tough call unless desperate. I would pass on bell since you have other options. Mccoy could play or weaver or someone. Bell is a desperation play at this time.

Hi again Jeff. What do you think of Dixon as a handcuff to Gore? I own Gore, and have been holding on to Gerhart as a lottery pick. I’m wondering now if I should be holding Dixon as that lottery pick instead? If Gore were injured, is Dixon enough of a player that he’d get a majority of the touches in SF? They’re not a very good team right now, so my instincts tell me that even though he may be the backup, that if Gore was injured, that Dixon and Westbrook would be in some sort of RBBC that would decrease Dixon’s value. Or, since the offense is so bad, that he’d struggle to get the catches and runs that Gore gets.I suppose that could be said about Gerhart, except that the Vikings have that extraordinary offensive line.Thanks! Always appreciate your insights. Edit to add: Just noticed that Derrick Ward in Houston is on our WW. Listened to Bloom and Lammey talk about this weekend's games. Said nice things about Ward. I feel good about my RBs, but does he fit on this team? Thx. 12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster. Passing TDs = 4 pts, all others 6 pts. 1 pt for 10 yards rushing and receiving, 25 yards passing.My Team: QB: Eli, Ben RB: Gore, Bradshaw, LT, R Bush, M Bush, Gerhart WR: Calvin, Marshall, Ochocinco, MSWTE: Keller, Olsen DEF: Car K: Rackers
I would go with Ward or Gerhart. Dixon would split time with westbrook.

1/15 rec1/10 rush0.5 pprBettsS MossSpillerI have this weird gut feeling that Spiller might explode on Jacksonville, but ARZ sucks on defense, and Santana would provide some Torain insurance because against GB, at least one of he or Santana should do well.
I would make Spiller do it a week first. For Betts, hard to tell the carry distribution. Would lean Santana and not let one game dissuade you much

I am without P. Thomas again this week. .5 per reception league. 1 pt every 10 yds.receiving/rushing. 6 pts. all td's. Who would you start among S. Moss vs. GB, D. Bryant vs. Titans, L. Betts or C. Ivory vs. Arizona, or M. Barber vs. Titans. I do need upside as i am projected to lose by 10 this week.
Santana or Dez have the best chance of a monster game, imo.

10 Team redraft league

Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX

10 points per TD

1 Point per 10 yards rushing/receiving and 20 yards passing

1 PPR

My Team:

QB: Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisburger

RB: Frank Gore, Ray Rice, Ahmad Bradshaw, Marion Barber, Willis McGahee, Brandon Jackson

WR: Calvin Johnson, Hakeem Nicks, Chad Ochocinco, Mark Clayton, Louis Murphy, Brandon Tate

TE: Antonio Gates, Dustin Keller, Aaron Hernandez

Would you give up Calvin Johnson and Dustin Keller for Miles Austin? I could also probably swing the same trade for Randy Moss, Anquan Boldin, or Brandon Marshall. I think I'm the highest on Austin, but how do you feel about the others?

Thank you.

bleachercreacher said:
10 Team redraft leagueStart 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX10 points per TD1 Point per 10 yards rushing/receiving and 20 yards passing1 PPRMy Team:QB: Peyton Manning, Ben RoethlisburgerRB: Frank Gore, Ray Rice, Ahmad Bradshaw, Marion Barber, Willis McGahee, Brandon JacksonWR: Calvin Johnson, Hakeem Nicks, Chad Ochocinco, Mark Clayton, Louis Murphy, Brandon TateTE: Antonio Gates, Dustin Keller, Aaron HernandezWould you give up Calvin Johnson and Dustin Keller for Miles Austin? I could also probably swing the same trade for Randy Moss, Anquan Boldin, or Brandon Marshall. I think I'm the highest on Austin, but how do you feel about the others?Thank you.
I would do it for Austin only .. especially since he gives you an extra game compared to the others

PPR LEAGUE

R Moss @ NYJ

H Nicks @ HOU

S Holmes v MIN

P Garcon v KC

D Bryant v TEN

M Williams @ CIN

2 RB's

McCoy @ SF ( Nervous about his rib injury )

Best v STL

Torain v GB

PPR LEAGUE

R Moss @ NYJ

H Nicks @ HOU

P Garcon v KC

D Bryant v TEN

M Williams @ CIN

2 RB's

Best v STL

Torain v GB

Play Torain and Best if playing, McCoy if not

PPR LEAGUE

R Moss @ NYJ

H Nicks @ HOU

P Garcon v KC

D Bryant v TEN

M Williams @ CIN

2 RB's

Best v STL

Torain v GB

Play Torain and Best if playing, McCoy if not

Need 3 WR's.......CONFUSED about your answer.......start Garcon/Bryant/Williams?

PPR LEAGUE---I also get pts for ret yds which makes me like Bryant a little more at the #3

R Moss @ NYJ

H Nicks @ HOU

Santonio Holmes v MIN

P Garcon v KC

D Bryant v TEN

M Williams @ CIN

Hi Jeff. 2 quick RB questions.

0.5 ppr league, which 2 out of 3 would you go with?

Rice vs Denver

Addai vs KC

Matthews vs Oak

2nd league, non ppr...choose one

Tolbert vs Oak

Torain vs GB

Tks!!

Hi Jeff – hoping for another opinion.

Have Michael Bush behind Gore, Bradshaw, and LT, and Bush did ok against SD with McFadden out.

To entice a trade of Ray Rice or Michael Turner, what do you think of LT and MBush for Rice or Turner?

Who knows what Bush will do when or if DMC returns, so he may be at a high right now. Or if DMC continues to battle injuries, MBush could be a great RB 2, in which case I’d be offering way more than I should.

Impressions?

12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster.

Passing TDs = 4 pts, all others 6 pts. 1 pt for 10 yards rushing and receiving, 25 yards passing.

My Team: QB: Eli, Ben

RB: Gore, Bradshaw, LT, R Bush, M Bush, Gerhart

WR: Calvin, Marshall, Ochocinco, MSW

TE: Keller, Olsen DEF: Car K: Rackers

Rice Team: QB: Vick, Bradford

RB: Rice, McFadden, Charles

WR: Fitzgerald, Smith (Car), Louis Murphy, Crabtree, Berrian, Houshmandzadeh

TE: Davis, Carlson DEF: Saints, Eagles K: Kaeding

Turner Team:

QB: Romo, Sanchez

RB: Turner, Moreno, Forsett, Scott

WR: Boldin, Moss, Edwards, Lloyd

TE: Daniels, Shockey DEF: Vikings, Seahawks K: Bryant, Longwell

Hi Jeff – hoping for another opinion. Have Michael Bush behind Gore, Bradshaw, and LT, and Bush did ok against SD with McFadden out. To entice a trade of Ray Rice or Michael Turner, what do you think of LT and MBush for Rice or Turner?Who knows what Bush will do when or if DMC returns, so he may be at a high right now. Or if DMC continues to battle injuries, MBush could be a great RB 2, in which case I’d be offering way more than I should.Impressions?12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster. Passing TDs = 4 pts, all others 6 pts. 1 pt for 10 yards rushing and receiving, 25 yards passing.My Team: QB: Eli, Ben RB: Gore, Bradshaw, LT, R Bush, M Bush, Gerhart WR: Calvin, Marshall, Ochocinco, MSWTE: Keller, Olsen DEF: Car K: RackersRice Team: QB: Vick, BradfordRB: Rice, McFadden, CharlesWR: Fitzgerald, Smith (Car), Louis Murphy, Crabtree, Berrian, HoushmandzadehTE: Davis, Carlson DEF: Saints, Eagles K: KaedingTurner Team:QB: Romo, SanchezRB: Turner, Moreno, Forsett, Scott WR: Boldin, Moss, Edwards, LloydTE: Daniels, Shockey DEF: Vikings, Seahawks K: Bryant, Longwell
I like both and would look to get Snelling, too .. just for insurance. I would prefer Rice of the two

Hello Jeff, START 1qb,2rb,1rb/wr flex,2wr,1te,1k,1def.

Let me say first a Big Thanks for all the advice with this team. I should be 4-1 after this week.

What does this team need? Redraft only standard scoring:

Kolb

Vick.......is working fine.......Lion's qb's on wire, but didn't know if you reccomended any of those. Dropped Stafford early in season.

D. Williams,Bradshaw, McCoy,Barber,Hightower,Tolbert start 2 plus a rb/wr flex

Megatron,Colston,Floyd, S. Moss........Boy was Floyd big this week(got him in 12th round) Ammendola on wire......might could get him?

Hernandez and pettigrew played just this week for me.

Nugent

Chiefs

ThANKS VERY much!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Hello Jeff, START 1qb,2rb,1rb/wr flex,2wr,1te,1k,1def.Let me say first a Big Thanks for all the advice with this team. I should be 4-1 after this week.What does this team need? Redraft only standard scoring:KolbVick.......is working fine.......Lion's qb's on wire, but didn't know if you reccomended any of those. Dropped Stafford early in season.D. Williams,Bradshaw, McCoy,Barber,Hightower,Tolbert start 2 plus a rb/wr flexMegatron,Colston,Floyd, S. Moss........Boy was Floyd big this week(got him in 12th round) Ammendola on wire......might could get him?Hernandez and pettigrew played just this week for me.NugentChiefsThANKS VERY much!!!!!!!!! :confused:
Congrats on the hot start. I would dump Pettigrew for Amendola. I would play Santana and Floyd and the three RBs you like best out of those not on bye. I have not looked at the schedule, but it looks like you might be going with DWill, Bradshaw, and McCoy.

Hi Jeff - some of the most difficult decisions I have trouble with is when to cut bait. It becomes more obvious during bye weeks when I have trouble wondering if it's time to cut bait on guys I've been waiting on to pick up viable fill in starters.

My league is a 12 team .5 pt PPR league. We are also allowed to keep 1 player a year who we draft in 5th round or after. Scoring otherwise is relatively standard, except for 4 pt QB passing TDs. I recently made a trade - and thanks for your advice on that one as well! - I gave up Roddy to add quality starters to cover all my injuries. So my current lineup is as follows:

Orton

McCoy

Moreno

Hillis

R. Moss

C. Ochocinco

Winslow

K

Def

Bench:

Roethlisberger

CJ Spiller

J. Forsett

Mike Bell

Ladell Betts

Dez Bryant

Eddie Royal

Steve Smith (CAR)

-I'm having trouble deciding on whether it's time to cut bait on some of the bench guys. The pickups I'm looking at are pretty thin: Amendola, J. Davis (to backup Hillis?), Laurent Robinson, Mike Sims-Walker, Dmitri Nance (Starks is rostered), Danny Woodhead - just to give you an idea of what's available.

-Was thinking that even with McCoy's injury - Bell might be a viable drop as he hasn't looked good in his spot duty. I'm tending to think J. Davis would be a better handcuff on my bench. But what I'm really struggling with is whether to drop Spiller, who I can keep with a 5th round penalty next yr (but I most likely will choose to keep McCoy with a 7th round penalty or Dez with an 8th). I would assume Forsett is droppable as well to cover byes, bad matchups for my starters - but as you can see there's not much out there. Obviously I was also thinking of dropping Betts if Pierre is to return as well - possibly to pick a TE2 as Winslow is far from lights out...

Am I overthinking it a bit and should stand pat - or is it time to revamp the bench a bit with some "lotto ticket" types? Thanks in advance for all the help

jeff,

Jacobs is on wire. I have Bradshaw already, not sure who I could drop.

Have Tolbert who might start for me this week, hightower,BARBER, cOLSTON....FIGURE I PLAY COLSTON OR tOLBERT WITH CALVIN HURT THIS WEEK IN MY FLEX RB/WR POSITION. tHIS MAY BE FOR DEPTH IF BRADSHAW GOT HURT

tHANKS

Hey Jeff,

12 team PPR dynasty/contract league

Start QB / 1-2 RB / 2-3 WR / TE

QBs: Rivers, Freeman

RBs: Peterson, Chris Johnson, Best, Gerhart, Dixon, Brandon Jackson

WRs: Nicks, Floyd, Dez Bryant, Harvin, Steve Smith (Car), Holmes, Brandon Tate

TEs: Witten, Hernandez, Cook

Offer on the table:

I get: Brandon Marshall

He Gets: Harvin, Holmes

I have a strong team but I'm looking for the plug and play WR2 to start with Nicks and looking to trade some WR depth to get it done. Floyd has become that guy but I think that Marshall would be an upgrade.

It looks like a no-brainer to me.

Thoughts?

Heya Jeff~

So Finley is out for 4-6 weeks.... YAY.... Moeaki, Shockey, Pettigrew, Carlson and Quarless (Finley's backup) seem like the most attractive options on the wire. Moeaki stands out to me because of his easy schedule in the coming weeks. What do you think? Then I'm struggling with who to drop.... Jones? San Diego? Thanks for the advice!

1/15 rec

TD 6

0.5 ppr

Tampa Mike vs Santana Moss

Right now I have Tampa Mike in there, he's physically dominant and going up against NO. Santana plays Indy...and I'm starting Torain, so I could hedge my bet, or bet that Indy's rushing d deficiencies mean all in on Torain and not much for Moss.

Zealots league.

I just lost Finley. I am fairly deep at running back but only have Gore as a stud. Others are Hillis, Lynch, Fred Jackson, Law Firm and Bush. Team in my league has Four startable tight ends with no running backs. He has Hardesty and Harrison. I was going to offer Hillis for Dustin Keller. What are your thoughts.

Hey Jeff, do you like any of these waiver pickups over Snelling going forward? I am not a Turner owner, I do own MJD and RJennings.Addai and Brown. I can start s moss at flex this week so I can do without Addai/brown/Hart

Karim

Keiland Williams

Hart

Julius Jones

Lee Evans on trade rumors to STL

ATL defense, they play CAR and SEA week 14, 15. I ahve Bears and Chiefs now

keep Snelling

also Alex Smith or Campbell over Gradkowski for week 7 bye?

team in sig.

thanks

Hi Jeff - some of the most difficult decisions I have trouble with is when to cut bait. It becomes more obvious during bye weeks when I have trouble wondering if it's time to cut bait on guys I've been waiting on to pick up viable fill in starters.My league is a 12 team .5 pt PPR league. We are also allowed to keep 1 player a year who we draft in 5th round or after. Scoring otherwise is relatively standard, except for 4 pt QB passing TDs. I recently made a trade - and thanks for your advice on that one as well! - I gave up Roddy to add quality starters to cover all my injuries. So my current lineup is as follows:OrtonMcCoyMorenoHillisR. MossC. OchocincoWinslowKDefBench:RoethlisbergerCJ SpillerJ. ForsettMike BellLadell BettsDez BryantEddie RoyalSteve Smith (CAR)-I'm having trouble deciding on whether it's time to cut bait on some of the bench guys. The pickups I'm looking at are pretty thin: Amendola, J. Davis (to backup Hillis?), Laurent Robinson, Mike Sims-Walker, Dmitri Nance (Starks is rostered), Danny Woodhead - just to give you an idea of what's available. -Was thinking that even with McCoy's injury - Bell might be a viable drop as he hasn't looked good in his spot duty. I'm tending to think J. Davis would be a better handcuff on my bench. But what I'm really struggling with is whether to drop Spiller, who I can keep with a 5th round penalty next yr (but I most likely will choose to keep McCoy with a 7th round penalty or Dez with an 8th). I would assume Forsett is droppable as well to cover byes, bad matchups for my starters - but as you can see there's not much out there. Obviously I was also thinking of dropping Betts if Pierre is to return as well - possibly to pick a TE2 as Winslow is far from lights out...Am I overthinking it a bit and should stand pat - or is it time to revamp the bench a bit with some "lotto ticket" types? Thanks in advance for all the help
I would dump Forsett, betts and/or Bell for amendola, msw, and/or possibly javon ringer (hunch)

Users who are viewing this thread