What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (4 Viewers)

Jeff~

What are your feelings about McCluster? We get 25 yds/ point for return yds. I would drop T Jones for him.

I just read about Cassel being out, makes me second guess dropping a KC RB. Maybe I could drop White?

Rank the WRs I have for the week:

Calvin

Tampa Mike

T.O.

Holmes

White

I start 2. Flex one sometimes too. If White doesn't start this week, Collie is speculatively coming back next week.

What do ya think?
you can dump White, but McCluster is not a better start than what you have. Keep TJones (I know going back on what I typed a day or three ago).
Hi Jeff,Saw the above post, and wonder about keeping Blair White. I picked him up a week or so ago, but if I read your reply correctly, his value may have diminished if Wayne, Collie, and Garcon are back to full speed.

Wayne had that enormous day last weekend, with 14 - 200 - 1 on 20 targets, and Garcon looks like he caught all 8 targets going 8 - 56 - 1. Blair White apparently didn’t do anything…

From the FBG Wednesday Updates I saw that Collie will not play Thursday night, Taj Smith is questionable to play Thursday, and even though Wayne practiced fully on Wednesday, he is also still questionable to play Thursday.

So I was thinking that maybe White on Thursday might be a better option (instead of Larry Fitzgerald). But as I write this, if Wayne plays, White is unlikely to do anything. With little time before the game on Thursday night, it’s probably far better to go with the targets that Fitz generally gets, even though his QBs are not exactly “excellent”.

So that all brings me back to potentially dropping White. I'm really just trying to win this weekend, and if I do, I'll let the chips fall where they may in weeks 15 and 16. So for now, here's what is available in my league.

Armstrong (Wash), Hester (Chi), Bennett (Chi), Evans (Buf), Hagen (NYG), Meachem (NO), Britt (Ten), and Burleson (Det) are still out there. Obomanu (Sea) hurt his hand last game and didn’t practice Wednesday. Mike Williams (Sea) isn’t available on our WW, but he didn’t practice Wednesday either, and if he’s out, Ben becomes interesting.

On the RB side of things, Morris (Det), Davis (Wash), Gerhart (Min), Jennings (Jac), James (Ind), Reggie Bush (NO), and Redman (Pit) are available.

Does anything jump out at you to say, “oh my gosh! “x” is available, and you need to drop White as fast as you can and pick him up!”

My guys now, with probable starters in bold…I guess it's likely that I'll start these five regardless, but I keep looking!

RB: Rice, Blount, Bradshaw, James Starks

WR: Calvin, Fitzgerald, Jacoby Ford, Blair White, Marshall

12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster. Pass TDs = 4 pts, all others 6. 1 for 10 yards rushing or receiving, 25 yards passing.

Thx!
Meachem is only other one that I would consider. He has been hot. Otherwise, it is jsut a wash or worse

Jeff,

You like starks for depth over any of these the next few weeks:

Westy, Stewart and Harrison(ive held in case they rest Mccoy toward playoffs)

team in sig.

Thanks so much for all your help. I doubt I'd of made it this far( i know you told me to get vick early in the year for example).

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff,You like starks for depth over any of these the next few weeks:Westy, Stewart and Harrison(ive held in case they rest Mccoy toward playoffs)team in sig.Thanks so much for all your help. I doubt I'd of made it this far( i know you told me to get vick early in the year for example).
I like Starks right after Stewart and that is it of the group. I want to see Westy play well

Jeff,You like starks for depth over any of these the next few weeks:Westy, Stewart and Harrison(ive held in case they rest Mccoy toward playoffs)team in sig.Thanks so much for all your help. I doubt I'd of made it this far( i know you told me to get vick early in the year for example).
I like Starks right after Stewart and that is it of the group. I want to see Westy play well
guess could drop Harrison maybe? i guess question is would he ever play for me.

guess could drop Harrison maybe? i guess question is would he ever play for me.
I would keep Harrison until you have to drop him for a potential starter

Jeff

I have an odd question. I am in a PPR league and am thinking about adding Tavarius Jackson as a bench QB, as I have a feeling Favre will not be playing a lot over the next 3 weeks. I am also in a league where you can start a 2nd QB in a OP spot, or a 3rd RB, etc. I have for RB's Peterson, Foster, Green-Ellis, Reggie Bush and Ryan Torian. For QB;s I have Matt Ryan and Big Ben. In case one of my 2QB's get hurt is it a good idea to drop Ryan Torian for Jackson, for depth at QB since I am deeper at RB, or is this a dumb idea?

I also have for WR Greg Jennings, Ochocinco, Santana Moss, Jabar Gaffney, Nate Washington, Blair White, and Nate Burleson

TE - Todd Heap and Ed Dickson

Kicker Rackers

D/ST Giants.

If I do this I want to do it before Sunday, in case Favre goes down and Jackson gets picked up by another team, so please tell me what you think.

Thanks

Scott

aka PYROboy

Jeff,

standard scoring

Starks or hightower this week?

Nicks over Megatron or S. Johnson this week?

Thanks...

JeffI have an odd question. I am in a PPR league and am thinking about adding Tavarius Jackson as a bench QB, as I have a feeling Favre will not be playing a lot over the next 3 weeks. I am also in a league where you can start a 2nd QB in a OP spot, or a 3rd RB, etc. I have for RB's Peterson, Foster, Green-Ellis, Reggie Bush and Ryan Torian. For QB;s I have Matt Ryan and Big Ben. In case one of my 2QB's get hurt is it a good idea to drop Ryan Torian for Jackson, for depth at QB since I am deeper at RB, or is this a dumb idea?I also have for WR Greg Jennings, Ochocinco, Santana Moss, Jabar Gaffney, Nate Washington, Blair White, and Nate BurlesonTE - Todd Heap and Ed DicksonKicker RackersD/ST Giants.If I do this I want to do it before Sunday, in case Favre goes down and Jackson gets picked up by another team, so please tell me what you think.ThanksScottaka PYROboy
Hey Scott, I would drop Burleson or Washington for Jackson .. if for no other reason than to keep him away from competition

bighead2000 said:
Jeff,standard scoringStarks or hightower this week?Nicks over Megatron or S. Johnson this week?Thanks...
I think Starks has the better chance for scoring with AZ having QB issues. At WR, I would prob bench Nicks since he is not totally healthy. Only caveat is if weather for Buff game is so bad that you want to avoid the situation

Playoff Panic Round 1! haha

PPR, Return (1/40), 6 td, 1/10 yds

I am in big trouble at WR. A lot of my guys are on the injury report. We have roster limits, so any moves I make have to be WR for WR or RB for RB. What do I do here?

Start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex.

RB - Foster, ADP, Stewart, Addai, Wells

WR - Wallace, Smith (NYG), Harvin, VJax, Collie

Wallace is my only healthy WR right now, the next three are supposedly playing but I cant risk getting 0 points. I have penciled in Foster, ADP, Wallace, Harvin and Stewart (flex). I'm ready to give up on Wells, but he is a cheap keeper.

It's a keeper league, but auction. Everyone is reasonably priced.

Available FAs:

WR-Ford, Obomanu, Amendola, Bennett, Knox, MSW ----- any worth dropping one of my guys for a sure thing?

RB-Ivory, Morris, Starks, Choice, Barber ------ any worthy of picking up and starting over Stewart? or in general?

Easier one, or maybe not haha, at TE:

Boss, Celek or FA-- Moeaki, Dreesen, Graham

THANKS AGAIN!

Back with another, didn't want to carry on in one post.

RB/WR/TE - PPR, 1/10, 6 td

QB - PPC, 1/20, 6 td

Start at QB:

Orton or Flacco?

RB, start 2: part one of my biggest dilemma

Rice

Blount, Goodson, Torain, Addai - - leaning Blount

FA's ::: Choice, Ivory, Woodhead, Greene, R Williams, Starks - - -any worth starting this week over Blount (drop Goodson?)

WR, start 3: part two

Jennings

Bowe, Nicks, MThomas, Breaston ----Bowe is a lock but Croyle worries me, Nicks is supposedly playing

FAs ::: Bennett, Ford, SSmith (car), Obomanu, Royal, Moore

The biggest challenge, I only have one move left for the remainder of the year, do I use it this week and if so, on what position?

THANKS!

Couple toss ups this week, and looking for a second opinion. Both of my QBs seem unappealing to me with the weather, but am really looking for the higher upside play as I am facing Vick.

QB (6pt passing TDs)

Freeman @ WSH

Ryan @ CAR

--> Leaning Freeman as I don't think this game is going to be the blowout most are predicting

FLEX

Felix v. PHI

Starks @ DET

-->Flip a coin?

TE

Witten v. PHI

Pettigrew v. GB

--> Leaning Witten if healthy, but IS he healthy?

Standard yardage scoring

PPR, 6 pts for ALL TD's.

TIA Jeff.

Playoff Panic Round 1! haha

PPR, Return (1/40), 6 td, 1/10 yds

I am in big trouble at WR. A lot of my guys are on the injury report. We have roster limits, so any moves I make have to be WR for WR or RB for RB. What do I do here?

Start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex.

RB - Foster, ADP, Stewart, Addai, Wells

WR - Wallace, Smith (NYG), Harvin, VJax, Collie

Wallace is my only healthy WR right now, the next three are supposedly playing but I cant risk getting 0 points. I have penciled in Foster, ADP, Wallace, Harvin and Stewart (flex). I'm ready to give up on Wells, but he is a cheap keeper.

It's a keeper league, but auction. Everyone is reasonably priced.

Available FAs:

WR-Ford, Obomanu, Amendola, Bennett, Knox, MSW ----- any worth dropping one of my guys for a sure thing?

RB-Ivory, Morris, Starks, Choice, Barber ------ any worthy of picking up and starting over Stewart? or in general?

Easier one, or maybe not haha, at TE:

Boss, Celek or FA-- Moeaki, Dreesen, Graham

THANKS AGAIN!
I think you have to play your current WRs. At TE, I would drop Boss for either Moeaki or Graham for keeperb

Back with another, didn't want to carry on in one post.

RB/WR/TE - PPR, 1/10, 6 td

QB - PPC, 1/20, 6 td

Start at QB:

Orton or Flacco?

RB, start 2: part one of my biggest dilemma

Rice

Blount, Goodson, Torain, Addai - - leaning Blount

FA's ::: Choice, Ivory, Woodhead, Greene, R Williams, Starks - - -any worth starting this week over Blount (drop Goodson?). drop goodson for ivory or starks

WR, start 3: part two

Jennings

Bowe, Nicks, MThomas, Breaston ----Bowe is a lock but Croyle worries me, Nicks is supposedly playing

FAs ::: Bennett, Ford, and drop breaston SSmith (car), Obomanu, Royal, Moore

The biggest challenge, I only have one move left for the remainder of the year, do I use it this week and if so, on what position?

THANKS!
drop goodson for your one move.

Couple toss ups this week, and looking for a second opinion. Both of my QBs seem unappealing to me with the weather, but am really looking for the higher upside play as I am facing Vick.

QB (6pt passing TDs)

Freeman @ WSH

Ryan @ CAR

--> Leaning Freeman as I don't think this game is going to be the blowout most are predicting

toss up for me. look at mike williams injury status before starting freeman

FLEX

Felix v. PHI

Starks @ DET

-->Flip a coin?

starks for upside

TE

Witten v. PHI

Pettigrew v. GB

--> Leaning Witten if healthy, but IS he healthy? witten

Standard yardage scoring

PPR, 6 pts for ALL TD's.

TIA Jeff.
good luck

Hey Jeff

Which QB should I go with for week 14. Win and I am in. Its PPR and we get -3 pts per intercetion.

1. Cutler vs NE

2. Fitz vs Cle

3. Garrard vs Oak

4. Smith vs Sea

5. Stanton vs GB

6. Hasselback vs SanFran

Thanks

Hey JeffWhich QB should I go with for week 14. Win and I am in. Its PPR and we get -3 pts per intercetion.1. Cutler vs NE2. Fitz vs Cle3. Garrard vs Oak4. Smith vs Sea5. Stanton vs GB6. Hasselback vs SanFranThanks
So tough to rely on garrard but weather for chi and buff make them very risky

Hey JeffWhich QB should I go with for week 14. Win and I am in. Its PPR and we get -3 pts per intercetion.1. Cutler vs NE2. Fitz vs Cle3. Garrard vs Oak4. Smith vs Sea5. Stanton vs GB6. Hasselback vs SanFranThanks
So you feel that Garrard is still my best bet out of all the above QB's even with rain and both teams mainly running therefore most calling for a fast game and low scoring game?

Hi Jeff....

I have to start 2 RB in my PPR league.

L McCoy @ DAL

F Jackson v CLE (Tough run D & Spiller)

R Bush v STL ( I just want to see him in a full game first )

J Starks @ DET ( I like this guy, but do I trust him ?)

I know I will start McCoy along with Vick as my QB. My #2 RB remains a ????

I'm in 4th place, but to make the playoffs I need to win and max out my points to ensure that I don't drop

out of the playoff picture.

I could drop Fred Jackson for Tashard Choice or Brandon Jacobs.

Choice has the Philly D, Jacobs may do better I think Bradshaw is dinged up?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At WR, things started off great thanks to almost 25 points from Garcon!

I need to start 2 more:

M Williams (TB) @ WAS - I am a little worried about his knee but I can't imagine sitting him

H Nicks @ MIN - Another Q, should I wait a week to see how he looks or is it too risky not to play him?

J Ford @ JAC - The bonus with him is I receive points for all return yardage

R Meachem v STL - He is 1 of Brees favorite targets, but I know he is 1 of many

So, who has the best matchup. who would you start?

THANKS!!

oscarz said:
Jeff Tefertiller said:
oscarz said:
So you feel that Garrard is still my best bet out of all the above QB's even with rain and both teams mainly running therefore most calling for a fast game and low scoring game?
yes, hesitantly. Garrard plays his best at home.

tate516 said:
Hi Jeff....I have to start 2 RB in my PPR league.L McCoy @ DALF Jackson v CLE (Tough run D & Spiller)R Bush v STL ( I just want to see him in a full game first )J Starks @ DET ( I like this guy, but do I trust him ?)I know I will start McCoy along with Vick as my QB. My #2 RB remains a ????I'm in 4th place, but to make the playoffs I need to win and max out my points to ensure that I don't dropout of the playoff picture.I could drop Fred Jackson for Tashard Choice or Brandon Jacobs.Choice has the Philly D, Jacobs may do better I think Bradshaw is dinged up?----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------At WR, things started off great thanks to almost 25 points from Garcon!I need to start 2 more:M Williams (TB) @ WAS - I am a little worried about his knee but I can't imagine sitting himH Nicks @ MIN - Another Q, should I wait a week to see how he looks or is it too risky not to play him?J Ford @ JAC - The bonus with him is I receive points for all return yardageR Meachem v STL - He is 1 of Brees favorite targets, but I know he is 1 of manySo, who has the best matchup. who would you start?THANKS!!
Fred Jackson or Starks at RB. Starks has more upside, but Jackson is more solid and more safe.At WR, I would not play Nicks, especially since the game will move to Monday night, too late to alter course if he is out. I agree on Mike Williams. Ford vs Meachem is a tough one. Might go with Ford since you get return yards ... even though I think Meachem has an ok game. Ford and Williams for me.

Hey Jeff,

If I win this week I make the playoffs. I have a 23 point lead after Chris Johnson going for me and one of his receivers going. Who do I start at Rb and WR/TE

Start 4 Wr/Te

Calvin Johnson

Ochocinco

Sidney rice(probable but has tough matchup)

Mike Williams TB(probable)

Santana moss(questionable)

Johnny Knox(nice matchup)

Rb2

Going with Bradshaw because I only have Westbrook, forsett, and Cadillac otherwise

Thanks

Jeff, If you're around today, could you help me pick two of these three players to start. Standard performance scoring, no PPR.

SMoss vs TB

Westbrook vs Seat

HWard vs Cinci

Leaving Westbrook on the bench gives me a very slight edge, because he's a late game and I can sub him in if Gates doesn't go (I don't think it will matter because I think Gates plays today).

Thanks for help and enjoy the games.

THANKS JEFF!

Another season.....Another trip to the PLAYOFFS!

The ONLY question I have right now is at the RB position:

PPR LEAGUE

I have

McCoy--FJackson--JStarks--RBush

McCoy is SOLID

Reggie is BACK

Freddie is CONSISTENT

so....STARKS is the guy I am looking to drop to solidify my corp of RB's

WW:

Torain--Was it the weather or do I trust another Skins RB or Shanny?

WK 15 @ DAL WK 16 @ JAX

Hightower--Can I believe? Will Beanie be back again?

WK 15 @ CAR WK 16 v DAL

Which would you grab going forward?

Thanks again for all the advice!!!

THANKS JEFF!

Another season.....Another trip to the PLAYOFFS!

The ONLY question I have right now is at the RB position:

PPR LEAGUE

I have

McCoy--FJackson--JStarks--RBush

McCoy is SOLID

Reggie is BACK

Freddie is CONSISTENT

so....STARKS is the guy I am looking to drop to solidify my corp of RB's

WW:

Torain--Was it the weather or do I trust another Skins RB or Shanny?

WK 15 @ DAL WK 16 @ JAX

Hightower--Can I believe? Will Beanie be back again?

WK 15 @ CAR WK 16 v DAL

Which would you grab going forward?

grab torain ... easy calland congrats on making it this far

I forgot about Vincent Jackson.....

I have.....

WRs: Nicks--MWilliams(TB)--Garcon--Meachem--JFord

What happened to (TB) Williams?? Benn is having bigger weeks--SCARY!

Meachem will bounce back, right?

NICKS IS BACK!!!!!

Garcon is doing GREAT!

**So, Jacoby Ford (I get pts for return yds) has begun to disappear.

On the WW:

VJax -- Can I trust him? So much talent.

**Would you drop Jacoby for VJax?

**Do I need to worry about TB Mike going forward? I can't drop him for Benn, just gotta keep the faith!

I forgot about Vincent Jackson.....

I have.....

WRs: Nicks--MWilliams(TB)--Garcon--Meachem--JFord

What happened to (TB) Williams?? Benn is having bigger weeks--SCARY!

Meachem will bounce back, right?

NICKS IS BACK!!!!!

Garcon is doing GREAT!

**So, Jacoby Ford (I get pts for return yds) has begun to disappear.

On the WW:

VJax -- Can I trust him? So much talent.

**Would you drop Jacoby for VJax?

**Do I need to worry about TB Mike going forward? I can't drop him for Benn, just gotta keep the faith!

Drop Ford for Vjax. He looked good yesterday

Hi Jeff – Had some good fortune, so am in our semifinals! Thanks for the help along the way, and I have a couple more questions.

QB: Is Kerry Collins an option? I have Ben and Eli, neither of whom has been hot lately, with only 12 and 9 fantasy points respectively this last weekend. I’m wondering about Kerry Collins vs. Houston. While Eli threw it 37 times, and Ben 32, Collins was 28 for 39 with those 3 TDs. I’ve never thought of Tennessee as a passing team, but maybe they are now. Ben plays the Jets in Pittsburg, while Eli plays Philly in New York.

TE: Pettigrew has been pretty good, but the QB-ing in Detroit has been dismal. I have Calvin too, and even he’s been a tough start these last few weeks. I also have Jimmy Graham, who for several weeks was getting lots of targets, but hasn’t gotten many lately. Anything there with Hernandez, Dreesen, Daniels, Gresham, Scaife, or Celek, or roll with Pettigrew or Graham?

Thanks for the help Jeff.

12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster. Pass TDs = 4 pts, all others 6. 1 for 10 yards rushing or receiving, 25 yards passing.

My Team: QB: Eli, Ben

RB: Rice, Bradshaw, Blount, Starks

WR: Calvin, Marshall, Fitzgerald, Jacoby Ford, Blair White

TE: Pettigrew, Graham DEF: Atl, Dal K: Kaeding

CLE v Cincy

ARZ v CAR (I have both of these)

Tampa v Detroit

Do I start CLE, ARZ, TBB, or CAR? Could be the difference between winning and losing, as Orton isn't helping me.

Hey Jeff -

Got a flex and possible 2nd WR issue for the playoffs. PPR league. Injury bug has knocked out Gore, Collie and Giants Steve Smith (hurt his hammy last night).

Starting McFadden, Bradshaw, Miles Austin.

Second WR I have penciled in Johhny Knox @ Minn, seems the best of my options (others Jacoby Jones, Doucet, Burleson, Jacoby Ford)

So, I got a flex position and my options are:

Anthony Dixon @ San Diego

Darren Sproles v. SFO

Jacoby Jones @ Tenn

Early Doucet @ Carolina

Nate Burelson @ Tampa

Jacoby Ford v Denver

Assuming you agree with Knox a my 2nd WR, who should I go with in the flex? The team I am up against has Hillis, Charles, Colston, plus Wayne and Tamme (Peyton Manning is my QB) so it is tough matchup and I am a slight underdog.

I am leaning towards Sproles at this point since even with Tolbert and Mathews he seems to be part of the mix - although he has a hit or miss quality, so perhaps Dixon might be the better pick (although without the upside). Based on last night I might roll the dice with Jacoby Jones, but Owen Daniels muddles the picture and I don't know if I can count on another shootout.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Hey Jeff,

You've helped get me this far. This is my "win and I'm in" the playoffs, lose and I go home week. Appreciate your help getting my best lineup in. All TD's 6 pts, 1/25 pass 1/10 run/rec, no PPR.

My two QBs are Cutler @ Minn and Ben vs NYJ. Leaning toward Cutler (by a little bit).

I need to play any four of...

CJ2K vs Hou (obviously)

Bradshaw vs Phil (must start unless he's out)

VJax vs SF (can I trust him yet?)

Austin vs Wash (great matchup...I've been playing him and he's been killing me)

Bowe @ StL (can I trust him again?)

MWilliams TB vs Det (in a slump, but good matchup)

Blount vs Det (looks great until you remember what Detroit did to GB last week).

I could also grab MFloyd who just became available, with the idea I would play him and VJax, knowing that one of them has to catch everything Rivers throws. Not sure I have to bother...

Appreciate your input. Thanks again!!!

Jeff,

Who would you rather have: Ivory looked great until hurt , Torrain, Starks, James. Haven't heard Ivory's status

also: Lewis did great this week. Stay with him? Winslow on wire and Dreesen (Patriot te's too, but which one.

Giants ,chargers and bucs as choices.....but Giants have been great

Thanks!

So some how I made the playoffs but my only QB is Orton other then Romo. So would you roll with Orton for the playoffs or pickup one of the following FA QB's Garrard, Freeman, Bradford, Kitna, Hasselbeck, Collins or A. Smith.

I am thinking Garrard since he has the Colts and then the Redskins but Collins does play Houston next week that might be good and would you drop Romo or M. Williams(TB).

This is for the league and team in my signature.

First of all, I'll need to closely monitor the situation with Rodgers, but if he doesn't go this week, should I still risk rolling with Kyle Orton, or grab one of these FA QBs as a backup:

Josh Freeman (vs DET)

Jon Kitna (vsWAS)

Matt Hasselbeck (vsATL)

Jay Cutler (@MIN)

David Garrard (@IND)

Jason Campbell (vsDEN)

Sam Bradford (vsKC)

Kerry Collins (vsHOU)

Secondly, there are some enticing WRs still available and mine seem to be anything but reliable. Holmes has a tough schedule coming up, so would you drop him and/or Collie for any of these guys? I have been hanging on to Collie, but at this point is it time to move on?

Kenny Britt

Malcom Floyd

Vincent Jackson

Mike Williams (SEA)

Jacoby Ford

Sidney Rice

If Gates is I no-go on Thursday. I am thinking that Boss may be my best TE option, but who do you like? I'd have to drop someone though, who is first on the chopping block?

Kellen Winslow (vsDET)

Rob Gronkowski (vs GB)

Kevin Boss (vsPHI)

Owen Daniels (@TEN)

Zach Miller (vsDEN)

I was planning on starting SD (vsSF) this week at D and then the Jets (@CHI) next week. Should I drop one or both of them for any of the following WW options? One advantage of consolidating to one defense for both weeks is that would open up a roster spot to get a backup TE. I could also just start the Jets both weeks (@PIT this week) or SD (@CIN in week 16).

Dallas (vsWAS, @ARI)

Arizona (@CAR, vsDAL)

New England (vsGB, @BUF)

Tampa Bay (vsDET, vsSEA)

Miami (vsBUF, vsDET)

Lots of questions I realize. I would certainly appreciate any help! Thanks!

squistion said:
Hey Jeff -Got a flex and possible 2nd WR issue for the playoffs. PPR league. Injury bug has knocked out Gore, Collie and Giants Steve Smith (hurt his hammy last night).Starting McFadden, Bradshaw, Miles Austin. Second WR I have penciled in Johhny Knox @ Minn, seems the best of my options (others Jacoby Jones, Doucet, Burleson, Jacoby Ford)So, I got a flex position and my options are:Anthony Dixon @ San DiegoDarren Sproles v. SFOJacoby Jones @ TennEarly Doucet @ CarolinaNate Burelson @ TampaJacoby Ford v DenverAssuming you agree with Knox a my 2nd WR, who should I go with in the flex? The team I am up against has Hillis, Charles, Colston, plus Wayne and Tamme (Peyton Manning is my QB) so it is tough matchup and I am a slight underdog.I am leaning towards Sproles at this point since even with Tolbert and Mathews he seems to be part of the mix - although he has a hit or miss quality, so perhaps Dixon might be the better pick (although without the upside). Based on last night I might roll the dice with Jacoby Jones, but Owen Daniels muddles the picture and I don't know if I can count on another shootout.Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.
I think I might go with the upside of Ford or Jacoby Jones. I might even prefer Dixon to Sproles. Sproles had a big role with the game out of reach last week and I would not want to bank on that going forward. Anything on the waiver wire?

Foureyes said:
Hey Jeff,You've helped get me this far. This is my "win and I'm in" the playoffs, lose and I go home week. Appreciate your help getting my best lineup in. All TD's 6 pts, 1/25 pass 1/10 run/rec, no PPR.My two QBs are Cutler @ Minn and Ben vs NYJ. Leaning toward Cutler (by a little bit).I need to play any four of...CJ2K vs Hou (obviously)Bradshaw vs Phil (must start unless he's out)VJax vs SF (can I trust him yet?)Austin vs Wash (great matchup...I've been playing him and he's been killing me)Bowe @ StL (can I trust him again?)MWilliams TB vs Det (in a slump, but good matchup)Blount vs Det (looks great until you remember what Detroit did to GB last week).I could also grab MFloyd who just became available, with the idea I would play him and VJax, knowing that one of them has to catch everything Rivers throws. Not sure I have to bother...Appreciate your input. Thanks again!!!
I think I would go with Ben with the way NYJ defense has given up production. Cutler has more upside, but is very risky.Johnson - for sureBradshaw - for suureBowe - great if cassel back in lineupAustin - could have big gameMike Williams next ...

Jeff,Who would you rather have: Ivory looked great until hurt , Torrain, Starks, James. Haven't heard Ivory's statusalso: Lewis did great this week. Stay with him? Winslow on wire and Dreesen (Patriot te's too, but which one.Giants ,chargers and bucs as choices.....but Giants have been greatThanks!
torain has been great so go with himwinslow nyg tough matchup, so SD with the great matchup

So some how I made the playoffs but my only QB is Orton other then Romo. So would you roll with Orton for the playoffs or pickup one of the following FA QB's Garrard, Freeman, Bradford, Kitna, Hasselbeck, Collins or A. Smith. I am thinking Garrard since he has the Colts and then the Redskins but Collins does play Houston next week that might be good and would you drop Romo or M. Williams(TB).
I am afraid of Orton with McDaniels gone. I only like Garrard at home, but he plays great in Jax. Freeman is another good choice. Like Kitna this week as well.

This is for the league and team in my signature.

First of all, I'll need to closely monitor the situation with Rodgers, but if he doesn't go this week, should I still risk rolling with Kyle Orton, or grab one of these FA QBs as a backup:

Josh Freeman (vs DET)

Jon Kitna (vsWAS)

Matt Hasselbeck (vsATL)

Jay Cutler (@MIN)

David Garrard (@IND)

Jason Campbell (vsDEN)

Sam Bradford (vsKC)

Kerry Collins (vsHOU)

Cutler or Kitna this week. Both are good matchups this week.

Secondly, there are some enticing WRs still available and mine seem to be anything but reliable. Holmes has a tough schedule coming up, so would you drop him and/or Collie for any of these guys? I have been hanging on to Collie, but at this point is it time to move on?

Kenny Britt

Malcom Floyd

Vincent Jackson

Mike Williams (SEA)

Jacoby Ford

Sidney Rice

I would only drop Collie if he does not practice Wed. If not, dump him for Floyd or Britt.

If Gates is I no-go on Thursday. I am thinking that Boss may be my best TE option, but who do you like? I'd have to drop someone though, who is first on the chopping block?

Kellen Winslow (vsDET)

Rob Gronkowski (vs GB)

Kevin Boss (vsPHI)

Owen Daniels (@TEN)

Zach Miller (vsDEN)

I like Winslow or Daniels (he looked great last nite)

I was planning on starting SD (vsSF) this week at D and then the Jets (@CHI) next week. Should I drop one or both of them for any of the following WW options? One advantage of consolidating to one defense for both weeks is that would open up a roster spot to get a backup TE. I could also just start the Jets both weeks (@PIT this week) or SD (@CIN in week 16).

Dallas (vsWAS, @ARI)

Arizona (@CAR, vsDAL)

New England (vsGB, @BUF)

Tampa Bay (vsDET, vsSEA)

Miami (vsBUF, vsDET)

Love SD this week

Lots of questions I realize. I would certainly appreciate any help! Thanks!
good luck

squistion said:
Hey Jeff -Got a flex and possible 2nd WR issue for the playoffs. PPR league. Injury bug has knocked out Gore, Collie and Giants Steve Smith (hurt his hammy last night).Starting McFadden, Bradshaw, Miles Austin. Second WR I have penciled in Johhny Knox @ Minn, seems the best of my options (others Jacoby Jones, Doucet, Burleson, Jacoby Ford)So, I got a flex position and my options are:Anthony Dixon @ San DiegoDarren Sproles v. SFOJacoby Jones @ TennEarly Doucet @ CarolinaNate Burelson @ TampaJacoby Ford v DenverAssuming you agree with Knox a my 2nd WR, who should I go with in the flex? The team I am up against has Hillis, Charles, Colston, plus Wayne and Tamme (Peyton Manning is my QB) so it is tough matchup and I am a slight underdog.I am leaning towards Sproles at this point since even with Tolbert and Mathews he seems to be part of the mix - although he has a hit or miss quality, so perhaps Dixon might be the better pick (although without the upside). Based on last night I might roll the dice with Jacoby Jones, but Owen Daniels muddles the picture and I don't know if I can count on another shootout.Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.
I think I might go with the upside of Ford or Jacoby Jones. I might even prefer Dixon to Sproles. Sproles had a big role with the game out of reach last week and I would not want to bank on that going forward. Anything on the waiver wire?
Nothing - 30 man roster in 12 team league, picked over long ago. I think I might agree with you on Ford, I was a little soured on him as I started him in that same league last week (obviously made no difference in the final score). Do you like him better than Knox?

Instinctive said:
CLE v CincyARZ v CAR (I have both of these)Tampa v DetroitDo I start CLE, ARZ, TBB, or CAR? Could be the difference between winning and losing, as Orton isn't helping me.
AZ has been opportunistic and scored well

Hey Jeff

Standard PPR league with the exception of interceptions = -3 pts.

Who would you start week 15?

1. Cutler @ Minn (looks like stadium won't be ready and game will be outddors in cold/snowy Min.)

2. Collins vs Hou

3. Garrard @ Indy

Thanks...

football newbie said:
Hi Jeff – Had some good fortune, so am in our semifinals! Thanks for the help along the way, and I have a couple more questions. QB: Is Kerry Collins an option? I have Ben and Eli, neither of whom has been hot lately, with only 12 and 9 fantasy points respectively this last weekend. I’m wondering about Kerry Collins vs. Houston. While Eli threw it 37 times, and Ben 32, Collins was 28 for 39 with those 3 TDs. I’ve never thought of Tennessee as a passing team, but maybe they are now. Ben plays the Jets in Pittsburg, while Eli plays Philly in New York. TE: Pettigrew has been pretty good, but the QB-ing in Detroit has been dismal. I have Calvin too, and even he’s been a tough start these last few weeks. I also have Jimmy Graham, who for several weeks was getting lots of targets, but hasn’t gotten many lately. Anything there with Hernandez, Dreesen, Daniels, Gresham, Scaife, or Celek, or roll with Pettigrew or Graham? Thanks for the help Jeff.12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster. Pass TDs = 4 pts, all others 6. 1 for 10 yards rushing or receiving, 25 yards passing.My Team: QB: Eli, Ben RB: Rice, Bradshaw, Blount, StarksWR: Calvin, Marshall, Fitzgerald, Jacoby Ford, Blair WhiteTE: Pettigrew, Graham DEF: Atl, Dal K: Kaeding
NYJ has given up plenty of fantasy points to QBsAt TE, I might gamble on Daniels the way he played last week

Hey JeffStandard PPR league with the exception of interceptions = -3 pts.Who would you start week 15?1. Cutler @ Minn (looks like stadium won't be ready and game will be outddors in cold/snowy Min.)2. Collins vs Hou3. Garrard @ IndyThanks...
Cutler is risky but the play, imo.

Users who are viewing this thread