What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (6 Viewers)

Jeff,

I'm still worried about the wr choices this week.

Colston

Megatron

S. Moss

M. Williams (tb) What would you do here?

Thanks!

Jeff,I'm still worried about the wr choices this week.ColstonMegatronS. MossM. Williams (tb) What would you do here?Thanks!
I would bench Johnson with Stanton the expected QB. He targeted CJ 13 times last week, only connecting once. Yuck. I would go with Colston and either Moss or Williams. If Grossman worries you, then go with MW

Jeff Tefertiller said:
tally said:
Hi Jeff,

Pick 2 WRs:

Megatron (@TB) - dont like him with stanton at qb

Branch (vs. GB) - like him a lot

Lloyd (@OAK) start him if not bowe

Bowe (@STL) if cassel starts, start him

Fitz (@CAR) - not with skelton
Given that Tebow is the starting QB for Denver this week and Cassel still questionable, I'm guessing roll with CJ instead of Bowe if Cassel is out?

Jeff Tefertiller said:
tally said:
Hi Jeff,

Pick 2 WRs:

Megatron (@TB) - dont like him with stanton at qb

Branch (vs. GB) - like him a lot

Lloyd (@OAK) start him if not bowe

Bowe (@STL) if cassel starts, start him

Fitz (@CAR) - not with skelton
Given that Tebow is the starting QB for Denver this week and Cassel still questionable, I'm guessing roll with CJ instead of Bowe if Cassel is out?
Bowe ... as I think Cassel plays. If not, go with CJ.

Hey Jeff.....Listed below are my RB options and in RED is your wise advice my friend!

RBs (2)

LeSean McCoy @ NYG -- Gotta team him up with Vick, right?

Reggie Bush @ BAL -- Back & Catches a lot of passes

Fred Jackson @ MIA -- Mr. Steady?

Ryan Torain v DAL -- Will he repeat last week?

McCoy & Torain

Here are my concerns:

#1---I am reading today that TORAIN is questionable should I just write this off as a typical Shanny move & not worry?

#2---I keep seeing HIGHTOWER listed to blow up with 100 plus and a TD....is this such a sure thing?

----Are these just week 1 Playoff stress worries? Should I just chill and stick with Torain as my #2 :goodposting:

**Fred Jackson super scary...Miami hasn't allowed may RB tds

**Reggie Bush could have a great day....but that's a could!

#3---Thanks to YAHOO, my opponent this week picked up Joe Webb to play as a WR

He is listed as a QB/WR, now he is STARTING Monday night

**SAFE TO SAY, I am in TROUBLE....right? Now I am playing against 2 QBs

You still favor Owen Daniels over Kevin Boss, right????

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING JEFF---You have no idea how helpful you are man!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would not worry about Webb. At rb, pick up Hightower and wait to see what happens to torain

Hey Jeff.....Listed below are my RB options and in RED is your wise advice my friend!

RBs (2)

McCoy & Torain

Here are my concerns:

#1---I am reading today that TORAIN is questionable should I just write this off as a typical Shanny move & not worry?

#2---I keep seeing HIGHTOWER listed to blow up with 100 plus and a TD....is this such a sure thing?

----Are these just week 1 Playoff stress worries? Should I just chill and stick with Torain as my #2 :thumbup:

I would not worry about Webb. At rb, pick up Hightower and wait to see what happens to torain

Who do I drop Jeff? My team is in my signature....the Cowboys, the Chargers

Reggie????? If I happen to make it to the championship who has the better matchup wk 17

Chargers @ CINCY

Cowboys @ CARDS

****Be back to check in the AM to hear what you think.....if you won't be here, go with Torain if he plays?

If he doesn't start Hightower?

Thanks

RBs (2)

McCoy & Torain

Here are my concerns:

----Are these just week 1 Playoff stress worries? Should I just chill and stick with Torain as my #2 :homer:

Who do I drop Jeff? My team is in my signature....the Cowboys, the Chargers

Reggie????? If I happen to make it to the championship who has the better matchup wk 17

Chargers @ CINCY

Cowboys @ CARDS

****Be back to check in the AM to hear what you think.....if you won't be here, go with Torain if he plays?

If he doesn't start Hightower?

Thanks

Drop Reggie for Hightower and wait to the morning. Play Torian if he is active, Hightower if not

Hey Jeff,

kicker question:

Buehler v WAS (on ww)

or Hartley @ BAL

tomorrow?

opponent has Brees (does that matter?)

Nevermind

Hey Jeff....

Here is the situation, my players are all done. I am leading by 60.5 points.

Yahoo---PPR League

He has the Bears defense, they start with 10 pts----projected at 19.25pts

**I know that they are going to tear the Vikings up!

He is also playing Johnny Knox, who is projected at 80 and a TD.

Taking a look at our POINTS AWARDED----Do I stand a decent chance to make it to the CHAMPIONSHIP?

I know he needs almost 61 points but I am nervous and anything can happen---The Defense scares me most!

Please take a look, let me know what you think.....calm a girl down!!!

Our points system:

*1 per rec

*1 per 10yds

*6 td

*3pt bonus if they reach 100 yds

DEFENSE

*Special team points

--1pt 15 yds

--6pts TD

--1pt Sack

--2pts Fumbles/INTS

Points Allowed 0 points 10

Points Allowed 1-6 points 7

Points Allowed 7-13 points 4

Points Allowed 14-20 points 1

Points Allowed 21-27 points 0

Points Allowed 28-34 points -1

Points Allowed 35+ points -4

THANK YOU MY FANTASY GURU!!!

Hey Jeff. Redraft

I just wanted to say again some nice calls this week and for this year.

Thanks!

Already looking ahead to wk 16 championship game: can still pu off wire:

Vick,Kolb

McCoy

Bradshaw

Blount....may have nice matchup

Westy

Harrison

Stewart need best three of these

or best three of these:

Megatron

Colson

M Williams (tb)

S. Moss

Lewis or Winslow

Buehler,Hartley, Scobee

Chargers,Giants .....Bucs

Hey, I think you are in good shape

Hey Jeff....

Here is the situation, my players are all done. I am leading by 60.5 points.

Yahoo---PPR League

He has the Bears defense, they start with 10 pts----projected at 19.25pts

**I know that they are going to tear the Vikings up!

He is also playing Johnny Knox, who is projected at 80 and a TD.

Taking a look at our POINTS AWARDED----Do I stand a decent chance to make it to the CHAMPIONSHIP?

I know he needs almost 61 points but I am nervous and anything can happen---The Defense scares me most!

Please take a look, let me know what you think.....calm a girl down!!!

Our points system:

*1 per rec

*1 per 10yds

*6 td

*3pt bonus if they reach 100 yds

DEFENSE

*Special team points

--1pt 15 yds

--6pts TD

--1pt Sack

--2pts Fumbles/INTS

Points Allowed 0 points 10

Points Allowed 1-6 points 7

Points Allowed 7-13 points 4

Points Allowed 14-20 points 1

Points Allowed 21-27 points 0

Points Allowed 28-34 points -1

Points Allowed 35+ points -4

THANK YOU MY FANTASY GURU!!!

Hey Jeff. Redraft

I just wanted to say again some nice calls this week and for this year.

Thanks!

Already looking ahead to wk 16 championship game: can still pu off wire:

Vick,Kolb

McCoy

Bradshaw

Blount....may have nice matchup

Westy

Harrison

Stewart need best three of these

or best three of these:

Megatron

Colson

M Williams (tb)

S. Moss

Lewis or Winslow

Buehler,Hartley, Scobee Buehler or Hartley

Chargers,Giants .....Bucs - too early to tell

Never thought I would be happy to see Favre's ego/toughness make him decide to play when he shouldn't. I know he may throw some INT's but there will be some TDs as well....you were right and I look like I will be making my 2nd trip in a row now to the CHAMPIONSHIP----THANKS to a lot of GREAT advice from YOU!

----I apologize now for the lengthy post----

MY TEAM

PPR LEAGUE

QBs-1

Mike Vick v MIN (Tougher D)

Jon Kitna @ ARI (Softer D)

**I know that VICK was ridiculous in bringing his team back BUT I am facing a team with BREES at QB---

RBs-2

LeSean McCoy v MIN (Where was he this week? R the G-Men that tough v the run?)

***Pierre Thomas v ATL (NO isn't interested in running--Too risky in a PPR even though I am playing against Brees)

Fred Jackson v NE (No way I want this match-up)

Ryan Torain @ JAX (Grossman looked solid, crazy--Is Torain a solid start?)

***I want & NEED to pick up 1-2 possible RB options for the Championship game...so here are the guys/matchups on the WW

-Donald Brown v OAK ( Fluke / For real---will ADDAI be back? )

-T Choice @ ARIhttp://static.footballguys.com/forums/style_images/ip.boardpr/folder_editor_images/rte-underlined.png

-Reggie Bush (He stunk it up yesterday but I am playing vs Brees---Too crazy of a risk)

WR-3

Hakeem Nicks @ GB

Mike Williams (TB) v SEA (Is the slump, officially over?)

Pierre Garcon @ OAK (No COLLIE, will he bounce back with yds & a score or will Blair White rain on his parade?)

Kenny Britt @ KC (Big YDS, no TD -- Tougher matchup?)

Vincent Jackson @ CIN (MUST START ? )

TE-1

Owen Daniels @ DEN ( BIG disappointment---I think I am going back to BOSS)

***Do you agree with dropping Daniels for BOSS?

***Hernandez is on the WW but Brady is fickle he could throw 2 to Grodkowski next week @ BUF, right?

K

Josh Scobee (Another SOLID job---Worth making a change---I listed the one guy I might consider)

***Shaun Suisham v CAR

DEF

Chargers @ CIN (NO T.O.)

Cowboys @ ARI (Nice weather...weaker offense)

***NO clue between these 2!

I have too many options and decisions to make! I apologize again for the long post.....but I APPRECIATE your time and advice more than you know Jeff!

Sorry to say, all the info I give may just be the girl in me, so take mercy!

Never thought I would be happy to see Favre's ego/toughness make him decide to play when he shouldn't. I know he may throw some INT's but there will be some TDs as well....you were right and I look like I will be making my 2nd trip in a row now to the CHAMPIONSHIP----THANKS to a lot of GREAT advice from YOU!

----I apologize now for the lengthy post----

MY TEAM

PPR LEAGUE

QBs-1

Mike Vick v MIN (Tougher D)

Jon Kitna @ ARI (Softer D)

go with Vick and dont look back

**I know that VICK was ridiculous in bringing his team back BUT I am facing a team with BREES at QB---

RBs-2

LeSean McCoy v MIN (Where was he this week? R the G-Men that tough v the run?)

***Pierre Thomas v ATL (NO isn't interested in running--Too risky in a PPR even though I am playing against Brees)

Fred Jackson v NE (No way I want this match-up)

Ryan Torain @ JAX (Grossman looked solid, crazy--Is Torain a solid start?)

McCoy and Torain, and yes, the NYG def is tough and had Philly down most of the game

***I want & NEED to pick up 1-2 possible RB options for the Championship game...so here are the guys/matchups on the WW

-Donald Brown v OAK ( Fluke / For real---will ADDAI be back? )

-T Choice @ ARIhttp://static.footballguys.com/forums/style_images/ip.boardpr/folder_editor_images/rte-underlined.png

-Reggie Bush (He stunk it up yesterday but I am playing vs Brees---Too crazy of a risk)

WR-3

Hakeem Nicks @ GB

Mike Williams (TB) v SEA (Is the slump, officially over?)

Pierre Garcon @ OAK (No COLLIE, will he bounce back with yds & a score or will Blair White rain on his parade?)

Kenny Britt @ KC (Big YDS, no TD -- Tougher matchup?)

Vincent Jackson @ CIN (MUST START ? )

nicks, garcon, and either VJax (if Floyd id out) or britt if not

TE-1

Owen Daniels @ DEN ( BIG disappointment---I think I am going back to BOSS)

***Do you agree with dropping Daniels for BOSS?

boss is safer, but od more upside

***Hernandez is on the WW but Brady is fickle he could throw 2 to Grodkowski next week @ BUF, right?

K

Josh Scobee (Another SOLID job---Worth making a change---I listed the one guy I might consider)

***Shaun Suisham v CAR

I like Buehler if available

DEF

Chargers @ CIN (NO T.O.)

Cowboys @ ARI (Nice weather...weaker offense)

both good matchups, SD better play but dallas is strong play, too

***NO clue between these 2!

I have too many options and decisions to make! I apologize again for the long post.....but I APPRECIATE your time and advice more than you know Jeff!

Sorry to say, all the info I give may just be the girl in me, so take mercy!
good luck

Hey Jeff...I forgot to ask how did your teams do? You have got to be playoff bound/CHAMPIONSHIP bound in not one but a few leagues.

Buehler is not available so I am going to roll with Scobee!

At TE, I asked about Owen Daniels and Kevin Boss both are playing outside.....I think Houston has quit so I agree with you and I am leaning towards Boss

BUT...I forgot to ask your opinion on Jimmy Graham?

Playing at Atlanta, MNF, Brees loves him and the Falcons secondary isn't a scary option.

I know he is basically High Risk/High Reward....But my opponent is starting BREES.

So what do you think?

THANKS JEFF!

Hey, thanks for asking. My teams are doing ok ... I cannot complain. Scobee should be ok so go with him.

At TE, Boss is getting good looks so he is safer. I just do not trust Graham since he shares looks with Shockey. Never know when he will have a great, or 0-fer, week.

I do hope you win this week. Good luck.

tate516 said:
Hey Jeff...I forgot to ask how did your teams do? You have got to be playoff bound/CHAMPIONSHIP bound in not one but a few leagues.

At TE, I asked about Owen Daniels and Kevin Boss both are playing outside.....I think Houston has quit so I agree with you and I am leaning towards Boss

Playing at Atlanta, MNF, Brees loves him and the Falcons secondary isn't a scary option.

I know he is basically High Risk/High Reward....But my opponent is starting BREES.

So what do you think?

THANKS JEFF!

Hey, thanks for asking. My teams are doing ok ... I cannot complain. Scobee should be ok so go with him.

At TE, Boss is getting good looks so he is safer. I just do not trust Graham since he shares looks with Shockey. Never know when he will have a great, or 0-fer, week.

tate516 said:

So what do you think?

THANKS JEFF!
Hi Jeff - I thought I'd follow up that last one above...I love reading your stuff!At TE, I have Pettigrew, who has had only 3 targets each of the last two weeks.

Both Graham and Hernandez are on the WW. As you pointed out above, Graham is sharing with Shockey, so that’s a tough one. And for Hernandez, the "Week 16 Upgrades, Downgrades, and Waiver Wire Wonders" says "With Buffalo up next, expect more of the zone coverage to favor his running mate Rob Gronkowski". Whew!

My sense is that I'm an underdog in our championship this week. Any suggestions at TE? (NON-PPR)

tate516 said:

So what do you think?

THANKS JEFF!
Hi Jeff - I thought I'd follow up that last one above...I love reading your stuff!At TE, I have Pettigrew, who has had only 3 targets each of the last two weeks.

Both Graham and Hernandez are on the WW. As you pointed out above, Graham is sharing with Shockey, so that’s a tough one. And for Hernandez, the "Week 16 Upgrades, Downgrades, and Waiver Wire Wonders" says "With Buffalo up next, expect more of the zone coverage to favor his running mate Rob Gronkowski". Whew!

My sense is that I'm an underdog in our championship this week. Any suggestions at TE? (NON-PPR)
I agree on Gronkowski this week. He is a decent play. But, Pettigrew is a good starter only if Shaun Hill or Stafford is back under center and not Drew Stanton. Some QBs just do not look to the TE much.

Hi Jeff,

I've got lots of good choices this week, and I need to figure out which of these guys to bench. Standard performance scoring, no PPR. I play any four of these seven RB/WRs...

CJ2K @ KC

Blount vs Seat

Bradshaw @ GB

Bowe vs Tenn

VJax @ Cinci

MAustin @ Ariz

Tampa Mike W vs Seat

After the last month, Austin is dead to me even though he has a good matchup. I like Tampa Mike, but I can't see him cracking this lineup. If I roll with all three of my RBs, do I sit Bowe or VJax? Do I play Bowe and VJax and sit either Blount or Bradshaw?

Appreciate the help. This is the last week of our regular season, you've helped me get to the playoffs and now I'm playing for positioning. Appreciate your help this last week...

Thanks, 4ize :goodposting:

Hi Jeff,

I've got lots of good choices this week, and I need to figure out which of these guys to bench. Standard performance scoring, no PPR. I play any four of these seven RB/WRs...

CJ2K @ KC

Blount vs Seat

Bradshaw @ GB

Bowe vs Tenn

VJax @ Cinci

MAustin @ Ariz

Tampa Mike W vs Seat

After the last month, Austin is dead to me even though he has a good matchup. I like Tampa Mike, but I can't see him cracking this lineup. If I roll with all three of my RBs, do I sit Bowe or VJax? Do I play Bowe and VJax and sit either Blount or Bradshaw?

Appreciate the help. This is the last week of our regular season, you've helped me get to the playoffs and now I'm playing for positioning. Appreciate your help this last week...

Thanks, 4ize :thumbup:
I think I would sit Bowe and play VJax only if Floyd is out again.

0.5 ppr, 1/10 rush, 1/15 rec, 1/30 pass, 0.5 per comp, -0.25 per inc, -3 Int, -2 fumbles, and 6 points all TDs.

Title game, and here's my problem positions:

QB: no idea

WR: Roddy White

WR: Andre Johnson

RB: Ahmad Bradshaw

RB: LeGarrette Blount

W/R: Tampa Mike Williams

TE: Jacob Tamme

K: Josh Brown

DEF: no idea

Flex position - Santana Moss got a lot of targets last week, but so did Tampa Mike and Roddy and AJ. I could flex Moss and keep in Andre, or play TB Mike, Moss, and Roddy. It would take some serious balls to do that, going with matchups over Andre Johnson. Really just need to decide to flex Moss or Williams. Both have good matchups, but Washington doesn't have a lot to play for, and bad Rex could show up. Finally, I could flex Joe Webb. If he keeps turnovers relatively low, he would be an amazing flex - last week he scored 12ish - Tampa Mike scored 15.5ish, by comparison.

Also, I have Toby Gerhart if ADP doesn't play, and I will probably have the option to grab Derrick Ward. Obviously, if Foster is a no-go, I will play Ward over someone. Question is, over Bradshaw, over Blount, or as the flex? And do I play Gerhart too?

What are your thoughts?

QB rostered: Kerry Collins, Joe Webb

Waiver wire? Grossman gets Jax, Tebow gets Houston, Henne gets Detroit - IMO, all good matchups with warts.

Grossman is turnover prone, INT are -3. Tebow is making his 2nd start, game plan may be conservative. Henne is also TO prone, and Miami sucks at home. Colt McCoy gets the Ravens, who have been generous via the air, but he has nobody to throw too outside of Watson.

Thinking Tebow here...what are your thoughts? Please don't just give me a name, I need a thought process.

DEF rostered: Cleveland (BAL) and Arizona (DAL)

Waiver Wire? Jacksonville, Indy, Denver, Buffalo, Cincy, Tampa Bay

Currently, I'm probably going to pick up Jacksonville. Even if Washington puts up 30 again, Dallas scored extremely well last week with the sacks and turnovers. Same question as QB, whatcha think?

Hey Jeff,

Exact same question as last week - only the championship - PPR, RB/WR 10 yds per point, bonus for long TDs and 100YD games:

Lineup:

Vick

Turner

McCoy

A Johnson

Nicks

Witten

FLEX:

Bradshaw VS GB OR

Marshall VS DET

Probably a coin flip, but like to hear opinions.

Thanks!

Hi Jeff – thanks for the thoughts on TE. A second opinion on my RBs and WRs?

RBs and WRs, NON-PPR, TDs = 6 pts, 10 yards rushing/receiving =1 pt, start 2 RB, 2 WR, and 1 RB/WR flex. QBs get 4 for a passing TD, 1 for 25 yards passing, and -1 for INTs and lost fumbles.

My RBs are Rice, Bradshaw, Blount

My WRs are Calvin, Britt, Marshall, Fitzgerald, and remarkably, Joe Webb, who is listed as QB/WR.

The guy I’m playing against has Danny Woodhead who is listed as RB/WR, and he’s used that dual role to his advantage this year. So if plugging in Webb as a WR was reasonable, it seems a bit odd, but I’d consider that.

Which five do you like (can play 3 RB and 2 WR, or 2 RB and 3 WR)?

I’m kind of thinking about Rice and Blount, and Fitzgerald and Britt, and then Webb as my flex. Is that crazy?

But it’s tough to sit Calvin, even with Stanton as his QB.

As far as I can tell, this is a really strange one…would love your thoughts.

Thanks for the help Jeff.

Hi Jeff,

CJ2K @ KC

Blount vs Seat

Bradshaw @ GB

Bowe vs Tenn

VJax @ Cinci

MAustin @ Ariz

Tampa Mike W vs Seat

Thanks, 4ize :bs:
Thanks Jeff, appreciate the input. forgot to ask you for your opinion on my QB. All TDs 6 pts. I play one of these two...Cutler vs Jets

Big Ben vs Carolina

I was leaning toward Ben for this week until Cutler lit it up against the Vikes Monday night...

Hey Jeff, hope you and you family have a great holiday...

12 team league, where we keep 6.

Scoring is TD heavy with bonuses for longer TDs. Standard line-up, no flex

Current keepers are:

ADP, Rice, McFadden

RWhite, Nicks

Either MWilliams (TB) or Schaub

I have an offer for RWhite, whom I am not looking to deal, but it would facilitate me making a deal for Rodgers. Would you rather have the keepers listed above, or below.

Potential Keepers:

Rodgers,

ADP, Rice, McFadden

Nicks, MWilliams (TB)

BTW, I am already loaded with picks. But if I make the deals, I would actually have even more picks. I love Roddy's consistancy, but the upgrade from Schaub to Rodgers is very appealing. I could make a deal w/o dealing White, but that would mean having to part with a different keeper, prob MWill.

Thoughts?

Jeff - Championship week - $1,300 difference between 1st/2nd - no pressure :-)

Won big last week with your advice, thanks!

0.5PPR 1/10 rush/rec 1/20 pass/return yds -2pt FL, -3pt INT

6pt for all TD, 3pt bonus for 30yd+ TD on offense

1pt sack (2pt bonus for 5 sacks), 2pt DFR, 3pt INT, 4pt SFTY, 3pt blocked kick/punt, 10pt for <7pt allowed scale down to -2pt for 36pt+ allowed

Start 1QB + 2RB + 3WR + 1TE + 1DEF + 1Flex RB/WR/TE

Current starters:

QB Rodgers vs NYG

RB1 Blount vs SEA

RB2 McCoy vs MIN

FLX Torain @ JAC

WR1 Britt @ KC

WR2 Colston @ ATL (12/27 MNF)

WR3 Nicks @ GB

TE Watson vs BAL

DEF Jets @ CHI

Current reserves:

Kitna @ ARI (12/25 night game)

Tebow vs HOU

Woodhead @ BUF

Bess vs DET

S. Moss @ JAC

M. Wallace vs CAR (12/23 night game - need to decide soon)

K. Winslow vs SEA

*I dropped MIA and Goodson this week to pick up Tebow and Winslow as insurance. I have only $1 left to spend on FA auction.

Opponent's current starters:

Vick vs MIN

Choice @ ARI

S. Jackson vs SF

S. Holmes @ CHI

R. Wayne @ OAK

R. White vs NO

Cooley @ JAC

P. Thomas @ ATL

Steelers vs CAR

Opponent's current reserves:

E. Manning @ GB

Hightower vs DAL

B. Jacobs @ GB

J. James @ OAK

J. Starks vs NYG

S. Smith (CAR) @ PIT

J. Stewart @ PIT

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

Byron

Westy or Bradshaw ......or can plug M Williams tb thinking Bradshaw

Buehler, Scobee,Harltey

Chargers or Cowboys

Thanks Jeff......this is the big Finish

Merry Christmas!

HELP - money league and I have a touch matchup. 12 team redraft with IDP

Can start 1-3 RB 2-4 WR 1-2 TE

Scoring rushing/receiving 1 pt per 10 yds

Receptions - .50 for all positions

TD's 6 pts

I have Vick as my QB

not sure who to start for RB/WR

Witten is my TE

choices for RB

Chris Johnson - yes

McCoy - yes

D Brown - ?

choices for WR

Jennings - yes

Nicks - yes

Garcon?

Mike X Williams Seattle ?

so I am not sure if I should be starting just CJ and Shady and then start Jennings, Nicks and Garcon or MW - or start D Brown (Oakland not as good on protecting the run as they are at protecting the pass) and start just Jennings and Nicks

my opponet is starting Brees, Mendy, Tolbert, Branch, Lloyd and Emmanual Sanders and has Zach Miller at TE

His defense is stronger than mine (IDP) so I need to get the most out of my offense.

Thanks in advance!

Happy Holidays, Jeff. Hope your weekend is wonderful

I need to start 2 RB and 2WR. 1pt per 10 yds; 10 pts per TD.

I just picked up Vincent Jackson(!) and am wondering if I should start him over D.Jackson or Wallace. I'm a little leery of Wallace tonight since I could see Pitt opting to run the ball all over Carolina; on the other hand, I'm similarly worried about D.Jackson.

Also, my RB situation is much murkier with reports that ADP may sit again. Also, Choice worked out well for me last week, but now Barber may be back.

Which two do you like if Peterson is out again?

Sounds like Barber is playing...is Choice too dicey? <<---edited to add

MJD may be hurt and I just picked up Jennings -dropped Brown as I read Addia is back <<---edited to add

Perhaps ranking them is best?

Choice, Tashard RB DAL @ARI

Peterson, Adrian RB MIN @PHI

Gerhart, Toby RB MIN @PHI

Jennings, Rashad RB JAC WAS

Morris, Maurice RB DET @MIA

Jackson, DeSean WR PHI MIN

Jackson, Vincent WR SD @CIN

Wallace, Mike WR PIT CAR

Rest of team

Vick, Michael QB PHI MIN

Ryan, Matt QB ATL NO

Witten, Jason TE DAL @ARI

Kaeding, Nate K SD @CIN

Giants DST @GB

Bryant, Dez WR DAL @ARI

Provided Vick does what he has been doing, I've got some wiggle room for weakness at RB for the win (my opponent has Peyton and not much else - but as your know nything can happen) I'm also gunning for the points title, so every yard counts.

Thanks again and merry Christmas.

0.5 ppr, 1/10 rush, 1/15 rec, 1/30 pass, 0.5 per comp, -0.25 per inc, -3 Int, -2 fumbles, and 6 points all TDs.

Title game, and here's my problem positions:

QB: no idea

WR: Roddy White

WR: Andre Johnson

RB: Ahmad Bradshaw

RB: LeGarrette Blount

W/R: Tampa Mike Williams

TE: Jacob Tamme

K: Josh Brown

DEF: no idea

Flex position - Santana Moss got a lot of targets last week, but so did Tampa Mike and Roddy and AJ. I could flex Moss and keep in Andre, or play TB Mike, Moss, and Roddy. It would take some serious balls to do that, going with matchups over Andre Johnson. Really just need to decide to flex Moss or Williams. Both have good matchups, but Washington doesn't have a lot to play for, and bad Rex could show up. Finally, I could flex Joe Webb. If he keeps turnovers relatively low, he would be an amazing flex - last week he scored 12ish - Tampa Mike scored 15.5ish, by comparison. I like MIke - Santana has success vs Dallas.

Also, I have Toby Gerhart if ADP doesn't play, and I will probably have the option to grab Derrick Ward. Obviously, if Foster is a no-go, I will play Ward over someone. Question is, over Bradshaw, over Blount, or as the flex? And do I play Gerhart too? - If ADP sits (which is doubtful), then play over Blount

What are your thoughts?

QB rostered: Kerry Collins, Joe Webb

Waiver wire? Grossman gets Jax, Tebow gets Houston, Henne gets Detroit - IMO, all good matchups with warts.

Grossman is turnover prone, INT are -3. Tebow is making his 2nd start, game plan may be conservative. Henne is also TO prone, and Miami sucks at home. Colt McCoy gets the Ravens, who have been generous via the air, but he has nobody to throw too outside of Watson.

Thinking Tebow here...what are your thoughts? Please don't just give me a name, I need a thought process.

I think I would go with Grossman since Jax DBs stink. Have to hope for a shootout. Tebow gets a bad HOU secondary, but I only like him if you want a safe 10-13 points. Grossman has higher upside ... and downdise. But, you need a big outing to compete.

DEF rostered: Cleveland (BAL) and Arizona (DAL)

Waiver Wire? Jacksonville, Indy, Denver, Buffalo, Cincy, Tampa Bay

I like TB defense of those.

Currently, I'm probably going to pick up Jacksonville. Even if Washington puts up 30 again, Dallas scored extremely well last week with the sacks and turnovers. Same question as QB, whatcha think?
good luck

Hey Jeff,

Exact same question as last week - only the championship - PPR, RB/WR 10 yds per point, bonus for long TDs and 100YD games:

Lineup:

Vick

Turner

McCoy

A Johnson

Nicks

Witten

FLEX:

Bradshaw VS GB OR

Marshall VS DET

Probably a coin flip, but like to hear opinions.

Thanks!
GB has decent run defense so I would risk Marshall after the good game last week. Hoping to not chase last week's points, there is hope.

Hi Jeff – thanks for the thoughts on TE. A second opinion on my RBs and WRs?

RBs and WRs, NON-PPR, TDs = 6 pts, 10 yards rushing/receiving =1 pt, start 2 RB, 2 WR, and 1 RB/WR flex. QBs get 4 for a passing TD, 1 for 25 yards passing, and -1 for INTs and lost fumbles.

My RBs are Rice, Bradshaw, Blount

My WRs are Calvin, Britt, Marshall, Fitzgerald, and remarkably, Joe Webb, who is listed as QB/WR.

The guy I’m playing against has Danny Woodhead who is listed as RB/WR, and he’s used that dual role to his advantage this year. So if plugging in Webb as a WR was reasonable, it seems a bit odd, but I’d consider that.

Which five do you like (can play 3 RB and 2 WR, or 2 RB and 3 WR)?

I’m kind of thinking about Rice and Blount, and Fitzgerald and Britt, and then Webb as my flex. Is that crazy?

But it’s tough to sit Calvin, even with Stanton as his QB.

As far as I can tell, this is a really strange one…would love your thoughts.

Thanks for the help Jeff.
For last WR spot, I like both Fitz vs Dallas and Calvin. I like Britts, upside as a must startgood luck this week

Hi Jeff,

CJ2K @ KC

Blount vs Seat

Bradshaw @ GB

Bowe vs Tenn

VJax @ Cinci

MAustin @ Ariz

Tampa Mike W vs Seat

Thanks, 4ize :lmao:
Thanks Jeff, appreciate the input. forgot to ask you for your opinion on my QB. All TDs 6 pts. I play one of these two...Cutler vs Jets

Big Ben vs Carolina

I was leaning toward Ben for this week until Cutler lit it up against the Vikes Monday night...
sorry so late getting back to you. I have same decision and went Ben

Hey Jeff, hope you and you family have a great holiday...12 team league, where we keep 6.Scoring is TD heavy with bonuses for longer TDs. Standard line-up, no flexCurrent keepers are:ADP, Rice, McFaddenRWhite, NicksEither MWilliams (TB) or SchaubI have an offer for RWhite, whom I am not looking to deal, but it would facilitate me making a deal for Rodgers. Would you rather have the keepers listed above, or below.Potential Keepers:Rodgers,ADP, Rice, McFaddenNicks, MWilliams (TB)BTW, I am already loaded with picks. But if I make the deals, I would actually have even more picks. I love Roddy's consistancy, but the upgrade from Schaub to Rodgers is very appealing. I could make a deal w/o dealing White, but that would mean having to part with a different keeper, prob MWill.Thoughts?
I do not think I like it. I would keep White. I could think you might be able to move Mike Williams and Schaub for a QB you like ... maybe Romo? and still keep White

1pt sack (2pt bonus for 5 sacks), 2pt DFR, 3pt INT, 4pt SFTY, 3pt blocked kick/punt, 10pt for <7pt allowed scale down to -2pt for 36pt+ allowed

Current starters:

QB Rodgers vs NYG

RB1 Blount vs SEA

RB2 McCoy vs MIN

FLX Torain @ JAC

WR1 Britt @ KC

WR3 Nicks @ GB

TE Watson vs BAL

DEF Jets @ CHI

Current reserves:

Tebow vs HOU

Woodhead @ BUF

Bess vs DET

S. Moss @ JAC

K. Winslow vs SEA

*I dropped MIA and Goodson this week to pick up Tebow and Winslow as insurance. I have only $1 left to spend on FA auction.

Vick vs MIN

Choice @ ARI

S. Jackson vs SF

S. Holmes @ CHI

R. Wayne @ OAK

R. White vs NO

Cooley @ JAC

P. Thomas @ ATL

Steelers vs CAR

E. Manning @ GB

Hightower vs DAL

B. Jacobs @ GB

J. James @ OAK

J. Starks vs NYG

S. Smith (CAR) @ PIT

J. Stewart @ PIT

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

Byron
Hey Byron, congrats on making it this far. I was out of town, just getting a chance to answer or I might have suggested Wallace with your distance scoring bonus. We shall see. Otherwise, I like your starters, but may consider WInslow. Maybe it is just me, but I do not remember many times Watson does well in back to back weeks.

[quote name='bighead2000' date='Dec 22 2010, 07:21 PM' post='12732 - me, too

Westy or Bradshaw ......or can plug M Williams tb thinking Bradshaw

Buehler, Scobee,Harltey

Chargers or Cowboys

Thanks Jeff......this is the big Finish

Merry Christmas!

Bradshaw, Hartley, SD

good luck

pretender said:
HELP - money league and I have a touch matchup. 12 team redraft with IDPCan start 1-3 RB 2-4 WR 1-2 TEScoring rushing/receiving 1 pt per 10 ydsReceptions - .50 for all positionsTD's 6 ptsI have Vick as my QBnot sure who to start for RB/WRWitten is my TEchoices for RB Chris Johnson - yesMcCoy - yesD Brown - ?choices for WRJennings - yesNicks - yesGarcon?Mike X Williams Seattle ?so I am not sure if I should be starting just CJ and Shady and then start Jennings, Nicks and Garcon or MW - or start D Brown (Oakland not as good on protecting the run as they are at protecting the pass) and start just Jennings and Nicksmy opponet is starting Brees, Mendy, Tolbert, Branch, Lloyd and Emmanual Sanders and has Zach Miller at TEHis defense is stronger than mine (IDP) so I need to get the most out of my offense. Thanks in advance!
I like Garcon with Collie out and do not like D Brown with Addai AND Mike Hart expected back this week.

Chief said:
Happy Holidays, Jeff. Hope your weekend is wonderful

I need to start 2 RB and 2WR. 1pt per 10 yds; 10 pts per TD.

I just picked up Vincent Jackson(!) and am wondering if I should start him over D.Jackson or Wallace. I'm a little leery of Wallace tonight since I could see Pitt opting to run the ball all over Carolina; on the other hand, I'm similarly worried about D.Jackson.

Also, my RB situation is much murkier with reports that ADP may sit again. Also, Choice worked out well for me last week, but now Barber may be back.

Which two do you like if Peterson is out again?

Sounds like Barber is playing...is Choice too dicey? <<---edited to add

MJD may be hurt and I just picked up Jennings -dropped Brown as I read Addia is back <<---edited to add

Perhaps ranking them is best?

Choice, Tashard RB DAL @ARI

Peterson, Adrian RB MIN @PHI

Gerhart, Toby RB MIN @PHI

Jennings, Rashad RB JAC WAS

Morris, Maurice RB DET @MIA

Jackson, DeSean WR PHI MIN

Jackson, Vincent WR SD @CIN

Wallace, Mike WR PIT CAR

Rest of team

Vick, Michael QB PHI MIN

Ryan, Matt QB ATL NO

Witten, Jason TE DAL @ARI

Kaeding, Nate K SD @CIN

Giants DST @GB

Bryant, Dez WR DAL @ARI

Provided Vick does what he has been doing, I've got some wiggle room for weakness at RB for the win (my opponent has Peyton and not much else - but as your know nything can happen) I'm also gunning for the points title, so every yard counts.

Thanks again and merry Christmas.
Sorry, I got to this too late, but would have risked VJax and hope Floyd does not play - just more upside

Current starters:

QB Rodgers vs NYG

RB1 Blount vs SEA

RB2 McCoy vs MIN

FLX Torain @ JAC

WR1 Britt @ KC

WR3 Nicks @ GB

TE Watson vs BAL

DEF Jets @ CHI

Current reserves:

Tebow vs HOU

Woodhead @ BUF

Bess vs DET

S. Moss @ JAC

K. Winslow vs SEA

Vick vs MIN

Choice @ ARI

S. Jackson vs SF

S. Holmes @ CHI

R. Wayne @ OAK

R. White vs NO

Cooley @ JAC

P. Thomas @ ATL

Steelers vs CAR

E. Manning @ GB

Hightower vs DAL

B. Jacobs @ GB

J. James @ OAK

J. Starks vs NYG

S. Smith (CAR) @ PIT

J. Stewart @ PIT

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

Byron
Hey Byron, congrats on making it this far. I was out of town, just getting a chance to answer or I might have suggested Wallace with your distance scoring bonus. We shall see. Otherwise, I like your starters, but may consider WInslow. Maybe it is just me, but I do not remember many times Watson does well in back to back weeks.
Really wishing I had started Wallace now!

Current starters:

QB Rodgers vs NYG

RB1 Blount vs SEA

RB2 McCoy vs MIN

FLX Torain @ JAC

WR1 Britt @ KC

WR3 Nicks @ GB

TE Watson vs BAL

DEF Jets @ CHI

Current reserves:

Tebow vs HOU

Woodhead @ BUF

Bess vs DET

S. Moss @ JAC

K. Winslow vs SEA

Vick vs MIN

Choice @ ARI

S. Jackson vs SF

S. Holmes @ CHI

R. Wayne @ OAK

R. White vs NO

Cooley @ JAC

P. Thomas @ ATL

Steelers vs CAR

E. Manning @ GB

Hightower vs DAL

B. Jacobs @ GB

J. James @ OAK

J. Starks vs NYG

S. Smith (CAR) @ PIT

J. Stewart @ PIT

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

Byron
sorry, I was out of town trying to clean out my deceased parents' house and just got back into town today ....

Current starters:

QB Rodgers vs NYG

RB1 Blount vs SEA

RB2 McCoy vs MIN

FLX Torain @ JAC

WR1 Britt @ KC

WR3 Nicks @ GB

TE Watson vs BAL

DEF Jets @ CHI

Current reserves:

Tebow vs HOU

Woodhead @ BUF

Bess vs DET

S. Moss @ JAC

K. Winslow vs SEA

Vick vs MIN

Choice @ ARI

S. Jackson vs SF

S. Holmes @ CHI

R. Wayne @ OAK

R. White vs NO

Cooley @ JAC

P. Thomas @ ATL

Steelers vs CAR

E. Manning @ GB

Hightower vs DAL

B. Jacobs @ GB

J. James @ OAK

J. Starks vs NYG

S. Smith (CAR) @ PIT

J. Stewart @ PIT

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

Byron
sorry, I was out of town trying to clean out my deceased parents' house and just got back into town today ....
No problem at all, Jeff! Just the way this game goes sometimes. Maybe Britt puts up 30! :angry:

It's cool. I ended up plugging in VJAX for Wallace. What do you think about the RBs listed?

Chief said:
Happy Holidays, Jeff. Hope your weekend is wonderfulI need to start 2 RB and 2WR. 1pt per 10 yds; 10 pts per TD.Also, my RB situation is much murkier with reports that ADP may sit again. Also, Choice worked out well for me last week, but now Barber may be back. Which two do you like if Peterson is out again? Sounds like Barber is playing...is Choice too dicey? <<---edited to addMJD may be hurt and I just picked up Jennings -dropped Brown as I read Addia is back <<---edited to addPerhaps ranking them is best? Choice, Tashard RB DAL @ARI Peterson, Adrian RB MIN @PHI Gerhart, Toby RB MIN @PHI Jennings, Rashad RB JAC WAS Morris, Maurice RB DET @MIA Thanks again and merry Christmas.
Sorry, I got to this too late, but would have risked VJax and hope Floyd does not play - just more upside
Thanks again.

It's cool. I ended up plugging in VJAX for Wallace. What do you think about the RBs listed?

Chief said:
Happy Holidays, Jeff. Hope your weekend is wonderfulI need to start 2 RB and 2WR. 1pt per 10 yds; 10 pts per TD.Also, my RB situation is much murkier with reports that ADP may sit again. Also, Choice worked out well for me last week, but now Barber may be back. Which two do you like if Peterson is out again? Sounds like Barber is playing...is Choice too dicey? <<---edited to addMJD may be hurt and I just picked up Jennings -dropped Brown as I read Addia is back <<---edited to addPerhaps ranking them is best? Choice, Tashard RB DAL @ARI Peterson, Adrian RB MIN @PHI Gerhart, Toby RB MIN @PHI Jennings, Rashad RB JAC WAS Morris, Maurice RB DET @MIA Thanks again and merry Christmas.
Thanks again.
Choice, Tashard RB DAL @ARIPeterson, Adrian RB MIN @PHIGerhart, Toby RB MIN @PHIJennings, Rashad RB JAC WASMorris, Maurice RB DET @MIAPeterson - assuming he plays. If so, Gerhart goes to bottom of list and ADP tops.Choice and Jennings could each be 2nd, depending on if either Felix or MB3 sits or MJD sits. If they all play, Morris vs Jennings ... with the lean toward Jennings.

Thanks again, Jeff. I just read your previous post about where you were. I am at a loss of what to say. Forgive me if I write the wrong thing... I appreciate you taking time during what must be a tough time to give your insight on what in the greater scheme of things is nothing more than a distraction or hobby.

Peace be with you.

Thanks again, Jeff. I just read your previous post about where you were. I am at a loss of what to say. Forgive me if I write the wrong thing... I appreciate you taking time during what must be a tough time to give your insight on what in the greater scheme of things is nothing more than a distraction or hobby.

Peace be with you.

Sorry you have to go thru this sort of thing during the Christmas Season - may God be with you and share His love and compassion with you during this difficult time. I also agree thank you so much for taking time to answer piddly questions for us when your mind is elsewhere. God bless you!

Hey Jeff, Merry Christmas and I am very sorry about your loss. I pray that you and the rest of your family is doing alright with everything.

If you get the chance, I would love your opinion, but if you are busy, I completely understand.

Made it to the championship, so just have one more victory to get. Its for the league and team in my signature.

No reason not to start Rodgers right? I like Kitnas matchup, and I don't necessarily have to worry about a reoccuring concussion, but assuming Rodgers is healthy and starts as planned, I have to start him right?

WR is my biggest dilemma. Right now I have Calvin, VJackson, and Austin as my starters, but am really having a tough time with them. Austin doesn't get targets, but has a nice matchup, Marshall had a great game last week, but can be expect the same against DET? Britt is a primary target, but so maybe he should be started over someone? Also, with VJackson, its looking like Floyd is likely out again, which is great, but would you still start him is Floyd plays?

CJohnson @MIA

VJackson @CIN

Austin @ARI

Britt @KC

Marshall vsDET

For RB I think I have to go with SJackson and RRice here, right?

Right now I have Daniels as my tight end, but some other attractive options are out there still. Stick with Daniels or snag one them these?

Celek vsMIN

Moeaki vsTEN

Watson vsBAL

Boss @GB

Graham @ATL

Pettigrew @MIA

I am a little worried about potential weather at CIN, so instead of Kaeding, would one of these be a better start?

Carpenter vsDET

Buehler @ARI

I think I am happy with the SD defense, but would you prefer any of whats available?

Miami vsDET

Baltimore @CLE

Thanks for your help and have a wonderful holiday. God Bless.

Chief said:
Thanks again, Jeff. I just read your previous post about where you were. I am at a loss of what to say. Forgive me if I write the wrong thing... I appreciate you taking time during what must be a tough time to give your insight on what in the greater scheme of things is nothing more than a distraction or hobby. Peace be with you.
thanks for the kind words. I am happy to help as I have/make time. It was only because of issues at the house that made us come home early yesterday. It will all be ok over time. It has been a tough year. I do want to wish all a Merry Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread