What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (3 Viewers)

10 team 10 player keeper league, No PPR, starters 1QB, 2RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 flex QB's- Josh Freeman RB's- S. Jackson, F. Jackson, CJ Spiller, L. Blount WR's- D. jackson, V. Jackson, G. Jennings, B. Marshall TE's- J. Finley Picks 1.01Would you trade S. Jackson for Ryan Mathews and 2.02.
no, only because I doubt Mathews' ability to be a stud, and 10 teamers need studs

Trade Kenny Britt for pick 14 this year and projected pick 20-24 NEXT year (late 2nd)

My Wr's are AJ, Fitz, Jennings, Bryant, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Sidney Rice, Percy Harvin Benn,

PPR 12 team league

Stacked at WR

then I have pick 10 so use pick 10 and 14 on Best Players?

RBs- cj, rice, mcfadden, stewart, d-williams, spiller

Trade Kenny Britt for pick 14 this year and projected pick 20-24 NEXT year (late 2nd)My Wr's are AJ, Fitz, Jennings, Bryant, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Sidney Rice, Percy Harvin Benn,PPR 12 team league Stacked at WRthen I have pick 10 so use pick 10 and 14 on Best Players?RBs- cj, rice, mcfadden, stewart, d-williams, spiller
Britt is worth more. You are selling him, at this price, due to the legal woes. A few decent games and he is worth twice as much ... or more

Hi Jeff, need an additional opinion.

16 Team Dynasty, Non PPR, Salary Cap + Contract Years, 24 Player Roster, Starting 1QB/1RB/1WR/1TE/2FLEX/1PK/2DL/2LB/2DB/1DFLEX

Scoring is:

25Pass or 10Rec or 10Rush -> 1pt.

TDPass -> 4pt.

TD (Defensive/Rush/Rec/Special Teams) -> 6pt.

Int or Fumble -> -2pt

Tackle (### or Solo), Forced Fumble, Pass Deflected-> 1pt

Sack, Safety, Interception, Fumble Recovered -> 2pt

And here's My Roster.

QB 1/2 -> Brees 16$-1Y

RB 2/2 -> Rice 11$-2Y / McCoy 2$-1Y (+17$-2Y Rookie Option)

WR 2/2 -> Wayne 10$-3Y / PITWallace 5$-2Y

TE 2/2 -> Finley 8,5$-1Y / Graham 1,5$-3Y

OFLEX 4/4 -> Addai 2,5$-1Y / J.Ford 2$-3Y / Collie 1,5$-2Y / M.Thomas 0,5$-3Y

PK 1/2 -> Cundiff 1$-2Y

DL 2/3 -> Cunningham 1$-2Y / CharlesJohnson 1$-3Y

LB 2/3 -> Lofton 7,5$-2Y / Ryans 6$-3Y

DB 1/3 -> Chung 1$-1Y

DFLEX 0/1 ->

Now, on to the questions.

1) Remaing Cap only allows me to fill holes with mininum player, who to pick as Backup QB between Orton or Hasselbeck? I need the one with the highest chance to start, not the one with the highest ceiling... I'm leaning towards Hasselbeck, what do you think?

2) Trade proposal on the Table: Jamaal Charles 24$-1Y + Jhonny Knox 0,5$-2Y + 4$ Cap Space for Wayne 10$-3Y, Addai 2,5-1Y, Finley 8,5$Y-1Y & Mike Thomas 0,5-3Y. I think that Jamaal Charles will make my starting lineup even stronger, but i'm wondering if i'm giving up too much (and too much of my future) for one year of his production. What do you think? Keep in mind that at the end of the year i will be able to "protect" Charles and that will allow me to get 2 First Round Pick if i choose not to keep him back, but that i have already have 4 1st Round Pick for next draft.

Thank you very much.

Hi Jeff, need an additional opinion.16 Team Dynasty, Non PPR, Salary Cap + Contract Years, 24 Player Roster, Starting 1QB/1RB/1WR/1TE/2FLEX/1PK/2DL/2LB/2DB/1DFLEXScoring is: 25Pass or 10Rec or 10Rush -> 1pt.TDPass -> 4pt.TD (Defensive/Rush/Rec/Special Teams) -> 6pt.Int or Fumble -> -2ptTackle (### or Solo), Forced Fumble, Pass Deflected-> 1ptSack, Safety, Interception, Fumble Recovered -> 2ptAnd here's My Roster.QB 1/2 -> Brees 16$-1YRB 2/2 -> Rice 11$-2Y / McCoy 2$-1Y (+17$-2Y Rookie Option)WR 2/2 -> Wayne 10$-3Y / PITWallace 5$-2YTE 2/2 -> Finley 8,5$-1Y / Graham 1,5$-3YOFLEX 4/4 -> Addai 2,5$-1Y / J.Ford 2$-3Y / Collie 1,5$-2Y / M.Thomas 0,5$-3YPK 1/2 -> Cundiff 1$-2YDL 2/3 -> Cunningham 1$-2Y / CharlesJohnson 1$-3YLB 2/3 -> Lofton 7,5$-2Y / Ryans 6$-3YDB 1/3 -> Chung 1$-1YDFLEX 0/1 ->Now, on to the questions.1) Remaing Cap only allows me to fill holes with mininum player, who to pick as Backup QB between Orton or Hasselbeck? I need the one with the highest chance to start, not the one with the highest ceiling... I'm leaning towards Hasselbeck, what do you think?2) Trade proposal on the Table: Jamaal Charles 24$-1Y + Jhonny Knox 0,5$-2Y + 4$ Cap Space for Wayne 10$-3Y, Addai 2,5-1Y, Finley 8,5$Y-1Y & Mike Thomas 0,5-3Y. I think that Jamaal Charles will make my starting lineup even stronger, but i'm wondering if i'm giving up too much (and too much of my future) for one year of his production. What do you think? Keep in mind that at the end of the year i will be able to "protect" Charles and that will allow me to get 2 First Round Pick if i choose not to keep him back, but that i have already have 4 1st Round Pick for next draft.Thank you very much.
Hey, this looks like a fun league. For 1) I would still go with Orton only because even if Hasselbeck signs in Tennessee, etc, he has not enjoyed great durability and could get bypassed by the rookie Locker. I would lean Orton since a team trading for him will want him as the long term starter.As for the Charles deal, I think I would do it if you can keep Thomas and not get Knox. You might need the steady WR.

10 team 10 player keeper league, No PPR, starters 1QB, 2RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 flex

QB's- Josh Freeman

RB's- S. Jackson, F. Gore, F. Jackson, CJ Spiller

WR's- D. jackson, V. Jackson, G. Jennings, B. Marshall

TE's- J. Finley

Picks 1.01

Would you trade G. Jennings, F. Jackson, & CJ Spiller for M. Austin and 1.02. I will be drafting Ingram with the 1.01 so will cover my bye week for my RB's.

10 team 10 player keeper league, No PPR, starters 1QB, 2RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 flexQB's- Josh Freeman RB's- S. Jackson, F. Gore, F. Jackson, CJ Spiller WR's- D. jackson, V. Jackson, G. Jennings, B. Marshall TE's- J. Finley Picks 1.01Would you trade G. Jennings, F. Jackson, & CJ Spiller for M. Austin and 1.02. I will be drafting Ingram with the 1.01 so will cover my bye week for my RB's.
I would not do that deal in a non-PPR.

Hey Jeff, I hope you don't mind me repeating a question I asked Pasquino, but I know you excel in Keeper strategy:

How do you decide between a high risk/high reward player vs. a true steady player when it comes to keepers?

Here are my potential keepers, and I must keep 4 (PPR league)

Bradford

Jamaal Charles

Mendenhall

J. Stewart

J. Best

Calvin

Sidney Rice

Welker

Dez Bryant

S. Holmes

Witten

It seems to me that Charles, Mendenhall and Calvin are no brainers and pretty safe bets. But when it comes to the 4th, I can play it pretty safe (J. Stewart if DeAngelo is not re-signed or Welker) or I could go higher risk, higher reward with Dez Bryant.

We are allowed pretty big rosters. I should be able to get some good match-up receivers if Dez goes down. There is no limit on how long we can keep a guy, so I just see Dez as potentially being Calvin-like for many years.

Of course, I will wait to see what happens to Santonio and Sidney, but unless one of them ends up in GB, Ind, NE, etc., not sure that they will be worth considering.

What are your thoughts? Take the risk, or play it safe? Am I missing something else?

10 team 10 player keeper league, No PPR, starters 1QB, 2RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 flexQB's- Josh Freeman RB's- S. Jackson, F. Gore, F. Jackson, CJ Spiller WR's- D. jackson, V. Jackson, G. Jennings, B. Marshall TE's- J. Finley Picks 1.01Would you trade G. Jennings, F. Jackson, & CJ Spiller for M. Austin and 1.02. I will be drafting Ingram with the 1.01 so will cover my bye week for my RB's.
Ok now he has come back with S. Jackson, B. Marshall and 3.04 for P. Harvin, Steve Johnson and 1.02. I really would like the 1.02 but I don't really know if this is enough to get for Jackson does this make more sense now that Rice will be gone from the Vikings.

Hey Jeff, I hope you don't mind me repeating a question I asked Pasquino, but I know you excel in Keeper strategy:How do you decide between a high risk/high reward player vs. a true steady player when it comes to keepers?Here are my potential keepers, and I must keep 4 (PPR league)BradfordJamaal CharlesMendenhallJ. StewartJ. BestCalvinSidney RiceWelkerDez BryantS. HolmesWittenIt seems to me that Charles, Mendenhall and Calvin are no brainers and pretty safe bets. But when it comes to the 4th, I can play it pretty safe (J. Stewart if DeAngelo is not re-signed or Welker) or I could go higher risk, higher reward with Dez Bryant.We are allowed pretty big rosters. I should be able to get some good match-up receivers if Dez goes down. There is no limit on how long we can keep a guy, so I just see Dez as potentially being Calvin-like for many years.Of course, I will wait to see what happens to Santonio and Sidney, but unless one of them ends up in GB, Ind, NE, etc., not sure that they will be worth considering.What are your thoughts? Take the risk, or play it safe? Am I missing something else?
You have/had a great team. I bet it is difficult to break that up. The easy ones are Charles and Calvin. I do think your options in play are: Mendenhall, Dez, Welker, Witten. The rest are not in consideration for me after the free agency signings. So, pick two of the four. I would toss Witten out just since he might have trouble reproducing those numbers with Dez back. If you are able to keep players indefinitely I would keep Dez since it would be difficult to replace his upside/talent. For me, your last decision comes down to how your league will draft. Can you find a Top 12-15 PPR or a Top 12-15 RB easier? I usually would go with Welker in this type of situation since you are taking a risk on Dez. Yes, I do like Mendenhall but you can replace his numbers fairly easily in the draft.

Ok now he has come back with S. Jackson, B. Marshall and 3.04 for P. Harvin, Steve Johnson and 1.02. I really would like the 1.02 but I don't really know if this is enough to get for Jackson does this make more sense now that Rice will be gone from the Vikings.
hat is not enough in a non-ppr league and I would love Marshall if Orton comes to Miami

Wanted to get your thoughts on this deal. League specifics are below including my team and his team. I sent M. Wallace and the 1.6 overall in my rookie draft for S. Rice and the 1.2 overall which I hope to use on A.J. Green. To me it is S. Rice and A.J. Green vs. M. Wallace and Leshoure or G. Little.

Scoring:10 team PPR Dynasty. 25 man rosters 6 pts. all td's including passing, 1 pt. ppr, Bonus scoring.

Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 Rb/ WR, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

My team:

QB: A. Rodgers, M. Stafford, A. Smith

RB: F. Gore, J. Stewart, M. Lynch, R. Bush, T. Hightower,J. Ringer,

WR: Mike Wallace, J. Maclin, M. Colston, W. Welker, James Jones, E. Bennett, A. Benn, Eric Decker, A. Roberts, Damian Williams, David Gettis,

TE: Z. Miller (OAK),B. Pettigrew

K: G. Hartley

DEF: Ravens, 49ers

QB: T. Brady, J. Freeman, T. Tebow

RB: C. Johnson, J. Addai, M. Hart, M. Goodson

WR: B. Lloyd, S. Rice, S. Moss, H. Ward, M. Floyd, R. Meachum, D. Mason, P. Crayton, R. Williams, B. Gibson

TE: D. Clark, K. Boss, B. Scaife

K: N. Kaeding, S. Janikowski

DEF: Steelers, Vikings, Falxons

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanted to get your thoughts on this deal. League specifics are below including my team and his team. I sent M. Wallace and the 1.6 overall in my rookie draft for S. Rice and the 1.2 overall which I hope to use on A.J. Green. To me it is S. Rice and A.J. Green vs. M. Wallace and Leshoure or G. Little. Scoring:10 team PPR Dynasty. 25 man rosters 6 pts. all td's including passing, 1 pt. ppr, Bonus scoring.Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 Rb/ WR, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEFMy team:QB: A. Rodgers, M. Stafford, A. SmithRB: F. Gore, J. Stewart, M. Lynch, R. Bush, T. Hightower,J. Ringer,WR: Mike Wallace, J. Maclin, M. Colston, W. Welker, James Jones, E. Bennett, A. Benn, Eric Decker, A. Roberts, Damian Williams, David Gettis,TE: Z. Miller (OAK),B. PettigrewK: G. HartleyDEF: Ravens, 49ersQB: T. Brady, J. Freeman, T. TebowRB: C. Johnson, J. Addai, M. Hart, M. GoodsonWR: B. Lloyd, S. Rice, S. Moss, H. Ward, M. Floyd, R. Meachum, D. Mason, P. Crayton, R. Williams, B. GibsonTE: D. Clark, K. Boss, B. ScaifeK: N. Kaeding, S. JanikowskiDEF: Steelers, Vikings, Falxons
I know I am in minority, but I would not have done it since I do not believe in Rice (and his ability to stay healthy). I do think you probably won on "value" since everyone loves Green and Rice but both are in horrible situations. You will need to be patient. You did ok in the deal and the outcome depends on preference.

I'm in a 12-team, keep-5 auction league and am trying to figure out which players I should keep.

Lineup is 1 QB/1 Superflex/2 RB/2 WR/1 TE/1 K/1 DST (due to scoring, Superflex is a 2nd QB 90%+ of the time). Standard scoring, with 4 PaTD and 1 per receiving first down (approximately 0.5 PPR for TE/RB, 0.66 PPR for WR based on historical stats). $260 salary for 18 roster slots.

My eligible keepers (and their prices) are:

QB: Vick ($34), Roethlisberger ($26), Romo ($61), Garrard ($16)

RB: Mendenhall ($40), AP ($74), Huggins ($6), Choice ($2), Ringer ($2), Brandon Jackson ($1)

WR: Fitzgerald ($30), Steve Smith (CAR, $24), Owens ($8), Braylon Edwards ($1)

TE: Davis ($6)

The three bolded players are no-brainers. It's the remaining two players that I'm a little uncertain of.

AP is currently the highest-priced RB in the league, especially with nearly half of the top-10 being kept for under $50 this year. Unfortunately, top-end RB's are going to be scarce this year, so I expect to have to overpay for what few RB's are available. Aside from AP, the only other likely starting-quality free agents are MJD, Hillis and Lynch. Other potential free agents (currently at ~$60 pricetags) are Gore, SJax and Turner, but I'd expect at least one of those to be kept.

Fitz is basically at his market price, but most of the other WR1's will be kept this year (the top FA's are likely to be in the Colston/Boldin/Welker range).

Davis is also at market price, although the league rarely keeps more than three or four TE's. I'd expect Gates and Witten to both be kept.

Any recommendations of which of those three I should keep? (I can also keep less than five).

Thanks!

I'm in a 12-team, keep-5 auction league and am trying to figure out which players I should keep.

Lineup is 1 QB/1 Superflex/2 RB/2 WR/1 TE/1 K/1 DST (due to scoring, Superflex is a 2nd QB 90%+ of the time). Standard scoring, with 4 PaTD and 1 per receiving first down (approximately 0.5 PPR for TE/RB, 0.66 PPR for WR based on historical stats). $260 salary for 18 roster slots.

My eligible keepers (and their prices) are:

QB: Vick ($34), Roethlisberger ($26), Romo ($61), Garrard ($16)

RB: Mendenhall ($40), AP ($74), Huggins ($6), Choice ($2), Ringer ($2), Brandon Jackson ($1)

WR: Fitzgerald ($30), Steve Smith (CAR, $24), Owens ($8), Braylon Edwards ($1)

TE: Davis ($6)

The three bolded players are no-brainers. It's the remaining two players that I'm a little uncertain of.

AP is currently the highest-priced RB in the league, especially with nearly half of the top-10 being kept for under $50 this year. Unfortunately, top-end RB's are going to be scarce this year, so I expect to have to overpay for what few RB's are available. Aside from AP, the only other likely starting-quality free agents are MJD, Hillis and Lynch. Other potential free agents (currently at ~$60 pricetags) are Gore, SJax and Turner, but I'd expect at least one of those to be kept.

Fitz is basically at his market price, but most of the other WR1's will be kept this year (the top FA's are likely to be in the Colston/Boldin/Welker range).

Davis is also at market price, although the league rarely keeps more than three or four TE's. I'd expect Gates and Witten to both be kept.

Any recommendations of which of those three I should keep? (I can also keep less than five).

Thanks!
I hope you had a good summer. I would keep Peterson, even at the steep price. You will have the room and it gives you two top RBs. I would keep Fitz next just since having a WR1 lets you fill in the remaining WRs easier. You can get a TE in the 5-10 range so there is more margin for error than at WR.Hope this makes sense. Have a good one.

Jeff

Jeff, this is a non ppr dynasty league.

We usually start 3 rbs and 3 wr or 2 rb and 4 wr.

My rb list includes Gore, Hillis, M lynch, F Jackson, Ryan Williams, M. Bush, J Starks, Law Firm

My wr list is S. Johnson, M. Crabtree, S. Moss and it gets worse from there.

I have offers Hillis, Starks and a second round rookie pick in 2012 for Larry Fitzgerald. What do you think of the value of the deal?

Hi Jeff,

I have the 12th pick in a 12 team redraft PPR league, start 2RB, 3WR, 1TE and 1 RB/WR/TE flex, as well as 1 QB, Def, and PK.

I’d love your thoughts on drafting at the turn. I’m anticipating that there will be 8RBs and 3WRs drafted before my first selection.

1. In PPR, with 3 WRs and a flex, I’m thinking that at 1.12 I must get a WR. I can hope for Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, or Roddy White, but I suspect they’ll be gone. So one of those three, and if not available, grab Nicks, Fitzgerald, Jennings, or Wayne.

2. So then on to 2.01. My choices will probably be:

a. Rodgers, Vick, Brees,

b. MJD (maybe), Mendenhall, McFadden, Turner, Gore, Jackson

c. Nicks, Fitzgerald, Jennings, Wayne.

Before I make this pick at 2.01, I look ahead to see what is available at the 3 and 4 turn, to kind of anticipate what options I might have that should influence my choice of a QB, RB, or WR at 2.01. At 3.12 and 4.01, my choices will probably be:

d. Manning, Brady, Romo, Rivers,

e. Blount, Mathews, Best, Stewart

f. Mike Williams (TB), Colston, Marshall, Bryant

g. Clark, Witten, Finley, Davis.

I’m thinking that the “safest” course would be to go WR/RB at both of these two turns, and then hope to find a QB or TE at the 5 and 6 turn.

The “go for it” strategy seems to be to grab up two WRs at 1.12 and 2.01, and hope that a pile of potentially good RBs are available at 3 and 4.

And then there is Waldman’s “upside down” philosophy of taking 2 WRs, a QB, and a TE with these four selections, and then living on the edge with high upside RBs at 5.12, 6.01, 7.12, and 8.01, while the rest of the league is drafting QBs and TEs.

I know you’re getting busy with this stuff, and I appreciate any time you can spend on this one!

Thanks in advance Jeff!

football newbie

Jeff, this is a non ppr dynasty league. We usually start 3 rbs and 3 wr or 2 rb and 4 wr.My rb list includes Gore, Hillis, M lynch, F Jackson, Ryan Williams, M. Bush, J Starks, Law FirmMy wr list is S. Johnson, M. Crabtree, S. Moss and it gets worse from there. I have offers Hillis, Starks and a second round rookie pick in 2012 for Larry Fitzgerald. What do you think of the value of the deal?
If you have a real chance at winning the league, I would not make that move. Rather, try to package Starks and a WR for the Grant owner. If PPR, I would feel differently, but WRs are easy to find in non-PPR. Can you pick up Mike Thomas, MSW, etc on the cheap?

Hi Jeff, I have the 12th pick in a 12 team redraft PPR league, start 2RB, 3WR, 1TE and 1 RB/WR/TE flex, as well as 1 QB, Def, and PK.I’d love your thoughts on drafting at the turn. I’m anticipating that there will be 8RBs and 3WRs drafted before my first selection. 1. In PPR, with 3 WRs and a flex, I’m thinking that at 1.12 I must get a WR. I can hope for Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, or Roddy White, but I suspect they’ll be gone. So one of those three, and if not available, grab Nicks, Fitzgerald, Jennings, or Wayne. 2. So then on to 2.01. My choices will probably be: a. Rodgers, Vick, Brees, b. MJD (maybe), Mendenhall, McFadden, Turner, Gore, Jackson c. Nicks, Fitzgerald, Jennings, Wayne. Before I make this pick at 2.01, I look ahead to see what is available at the 3 and 4 turn, to kind of anticipate what options I might have that should influence my choice of a QB, RB, or WR at 2.01. At 3.12 and 4.01, my choices will probably be: d. Manning, Brady, Romo, Rivers, e. Blount, Mathews, Best, Stewart f. Mike Williams (TB), Colston, Marshall, Bryant g. Clark, Witten, Finley, Davis.I’m thinking that the “safest” course would be to go WR/RB at both of these two turns, and then hope to find a QB or TE at the 5 and 6 turn. The “go for it” strategy seems to be to grab up two WRs at 1.12 and 2.01, and hope that a pile of potentially good RBs are available at 3 and 4.And then there is Waldman’s “upside down” philosophy of taking 2 WRs, a QB, and a TE with these four selections, and then living on the edge with high upside RBs at 5.12, 6.01, 7.12, and 8.01, while the rest of the league is drafting QBs and TEs.I know you’re getting busy with this stuff, and I appreciate any time you can spend on this one!Thanks in advance Jeff!football newbie
Hey, I am not really a fan of the upside down theory too much. I think you need at least one solid RB as an anchor, and build the WRs from there. So I like rb/wr at the first turn. Then, wr and either another rb or a qb at the 3/4 turn. A qb only if Brees or Rivers is there. I would NOT go TE at this point. Too many decent options later. If waiting on RB2, I like Felix Jones (in PPR) at the 5/6 turn and there are RBs like Blount, etc who are available and their teams only real rb.Good luck.

Jeff, this is a non ppr dynasty league. We usually start 3 rbs and 3 wr or 2 rb and 4 wr.My rb list includes Gore, Hillis, M lynch, F Jackson, Ryan Williams, M. Bush, J Starks, Law FirmMy wr list is S. Johnson, M. Crabtree, S. Moss and it gets worse from there. I have offers Hillis, Starks and a second round rookie pick in 2012 for Larry Fitzgerald. What do you think of the value of the deal?
If you have a real chance at winning the league, I would not make that move. Rather, try to package Starks and a WR for the Grant owner. If PPR, I would feel differently, but WRs are easy to find in non-PPR. Can you pick up Mike Thomas, MSW, etc on the cheap?
Thanks Jeff. I have a few options for lessor WRs

'Jeff Tefertiller said:
'football newbie said:
Hi Jeff, I have the 12th pick in a 12 team redraft PPR league, start 2RB, 3WR, 1TE and 1 RB/WR/TE flex, as well as 1 QB, Def, and PK.Id love your thoughts on drafting at the turn. Im anticipating that there will be 8RBs and 3WRs drafted before my first selection. 1. In PPR, with 3 WRs and a flex, Im thinking that at 1.12 I must get a WR. I can hope for Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, or Roddy White, but I suspect theyll be gone. So one of those three, and if not available, grab Nicks, Fitzgerald, Jennings, or Wayne. 2. So then on to 2.01. My choices will probably be: a. Rodgers, Vick, Brees, b. MJD (maybe), Mendenhall, McFadden, Turner, Gore, Jackson c. Nicks, Fitzgerald, Jennings, Wayne. Before I make this pick at 2.01, I look ahead to see what is available at the 3 and 4 turn, to kind of anticipate what options I might have that should influence my choice of a QB, RB, or WR at 2.01. At 3.12 and 4.01, my choices will probably be: d. Manning, Brady, Romo, Rivers, e. Blount, Mathews, Best, Stewart f. Mike Williams (TB), Colston, Marshall, Bryant g. Clark, Witten, Finley, Davis.Im thinking that the safest course would be to go WR/RB at both of these two turns, and then hope to find a QB or TE at the 5 and 6 turn. The go for it strategy seems to be to grab up two WRs at 1.12 and 2.01, and hope that a pile of potentially good RBs are available at 3 and 4.And then there is Waldmans upside down philosophy of taking 2 WRs, a QB, and a TE with these four selections, and then living on the edge with high upside RBs at 5.12, 6.01, 7.12, and 8.01, while the rest of the league is drafting QBs and TEs.I know youre getting busy with this stuff, and I appreciate any time you can spend on this one!Thanks in advance Jeff!football newbie
Hey, I am not really a fan of the upside down theory too much. I think you need at least one solid RB as an anchor, and build the WRs from there. So I like rb/wr at the first turn. Then, wr and either another rb or a qb at the 3/4 turn. A qb only if Brees or Rivers is there. I would NOT go TE at this point. Too many decent options later. If waiting on RB2, I like Felix Jones (in PPR) at the 5/6 turn and there are RBs like Blount, etc who are available and their teams only real rb.Good luck.
Thanks Jeff. MJD seems to be sliding. At what point does his upside outweigh his risk such that you'd grab him? Is he an option at 1.12 over Forte, McFadden, Hillis, SJax, Mendenhall?Whoa! Just saw your PPR Redraft Rankings for RBs and think I answered my own question. Since you have him at 2, the answer must be "grab him and smile all the way to the championship!"

'Jeff Tefertiller said:
Hi Jeff, I have the 12th pick in a 12 team redraft PPR league, start 2RB, 3WR, 1TE and 1 RB/WR/TE flex, as well as 1 QB, Def, and PK.I’d love your thoughts on drafting at the turn. I’m anticipating that there will be 8RBs and 3WRs drafted before my first selection. 1. In PPR, with 3 WRs and a flex, I’m thinking that at 1.12 I must get a WR. I can hope for Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, or Roddy White, but I suspect they’ll be gone. So one of those three, and if not available, grab Nicks, Fitzgerald, Jennings, or Wayne. 2. So then on to 2.01. My choices will probably be: a. Rodgers, Vick, Brees, b. MJD (maybe), Mendenhall, McFadden, Turner, Gore, Jackson c. Nicks, Fitzgerald, Jennings, Wayne. Before I make this pick at 2.01, I look ahead to see what is available at the 3 and 4 turn, to kind of anticipate what options I might have that should influence my choice of a QB, RB, or WR at 2.01. At 3.12 and 4.01, my choices will probably be: d. Manning, Brady, Romo, Rivers, e. Blount, Mathews, Best, Stewart f. Mike Williams (TB), Colston, Marshall, Bryant g. Clark, Witten, Finley, Davis.I’m thinking that the “safest” course would be to go WR/RB at both of these two turns, and then hope to find a QB or TE at the 5 and 6 turn. The “go for it” strategy seems to be to grab up two WRs at 1.12 and 2.01, and hope that a pile of potentially good RBs are available at 3 and 4.And then there is Waldman’s “upside down” philosophy of taking 2 WRs, a QB, and a TE with these four selections, and then living on the edge with high upside RBs at 5.12, 6.01, 7.12, and 8.01, while the rest of the league is drafting QBs and TEs.I know you’re getting busy with this stuff, and I appreciate any time you can spend on this one!Thanks in advance Jeff!football newbie
Thanks Jeff. MJD seems to be sliding. At what point does his upside outweigh his risk such that you'd grab him? Is he an option at 1.12 over Forte, McFadden, Hillis, SJax, Mendenhall?Whoa! Just saw your PPR Redraft Rankings for RBs and think I answered my own question. Since you have him at 2, the answer must be "grab him and smile all the way to the championship!"
haha, I would not be afraid to go RB/RB with MJD/McFadden and grab Marshall and Tampa Williams at 3/4. Would be a great start.

Hello Jeff,

I hope you are doing well. I guess everyone has upcoming drafts on their mind. I have to give you GREAT props for all you help last season.

With this in mind i have a redraft league coming up with 10-12 teams pretty standard scoring with 1qb,2rb,2wr,te,def,k. Maybe a fex position added in. What's your thoughts on serviceable rb/wrs after the first three or four rounds, and what do you think about Stafford and Freeman as guys who may be available after 5-6 rounds.

ONe moe question: Do you see many league with 1qb,1wr,1rb and 2flex that can be te/wr or rb? This guys wanting to change the roster requirements in this league.

Thanks,

Rob

Hello Jeff,I hope you are doing well. I guess everyone has upcoming drafts on their mind. I have to give you GREAT props for all you help last season. With this in mind i have a redraft league coming up with 10-12 teams pretty standard scoring with 1qb,2rb,2wr,te,def,k. Maybe a fex position added in. What's your thoughts on serviceable rb/wrs after the first three or four rounds, and what do you think about Stafford and Freeman as guys who may be available after 5-6 rounds.ONe moe question: Do you see many league with 1qb,1wr,1rb and 2flex that can be te/wr or rb? This guys wanting to change the roster requirements in this league.Thanks,Rob
Late in drafts I like Tolbert and Lynch in non-PPR leagues. One guy who is skyrocketing up drafts is Blount. He could have a good year with little comp for touches. I like Freeman more than Stafford. Personally, I like Fitzpatrick as a lesser QB. In one draft, I took he and the two from Denver and think I made out well. In terms of flex, I see all types. Many do the wr/te in non-PPR to lessen rb starters' impact.

Hey Jeff,

12 team H2H Keeper Auction League

$200 salary

Keep 3 players. Max of 3 years

5 player rookie taxi squad(yearly rookie draft, salary depends on round taken, $10/year for 5 years round 1, $5/year for 3 years round 2, etc). 4th year of league. Inflation started on rookies last year. opportunity to franchise one rookie player.

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR/TE, 1 DEF

6 points all TD's(including passing TD's)

1 pt/10 yards rushing/receiving

My current Keepers:

QB- Rodgers $3 in final year of contract

RB- Chris Johnson $10(rookie keeper) 2 more years left

RB- Bradshaw $16, 3 more years left

WR- Calvin Johnson $20, final year of contract

WR- Mike Williams TB $5, 2 more years(inflation)20%/year

I was offered Adrian Peterson at $65(final year of contract) for

1) Mike Williams and my first round rookie pick next year, I get Peterson and his second round rookie pick next year.

2) Mikel Leshoure(I drafted him this year in rookie draft so his salary is $10/year) and my first round rookie pick next year for Adrian Peterson.

With Rodgers and Calvin JOhson in their final year, this is the year i have to go for it. If I get Peterson I couldn't keep Bradshaw.(maybe trade him to get a rookie draft pick back). I like Leshoure and my draft pick next year will likely be a late 1st rounder

Leshoure will be a good RB3 with RB2 upside possibly this year if Best gets hurt and as the year goes on. If I fall out of the race early I can always trade rodgers or Calvin for draft picks. Petersons contract will put my salary at $103 which gives me lots of room to fill out my roster. This league tends to value WR because with keepers there is very few elite available during auction. For that reason I don't want to give up Williams. Should I go for it and trade Leshoure and 1st rounder for Peterson or should I be content with Bradshaw as my RB2 and Chris Johson as RB1(Leshoure possibly RB3)

Thanks

Jeff, thanks for your earlier reply. I've done a little more analysis on the other teams' likely keepers and wondered whether I should be looking for a trade.

12-team, keep-5 auction league. Standard scoring, with 1 point per receiving first down (works out to about 0.5 PPR for RB's, 0.7 PPR for WR's). Lineup is 2 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DST.

Currently, I'm keeping: Vick, Big Ben, AP, Mendenhall and Fitz.

Looking at the other teams' likely keepers, it looks like there will be lots of big name RB's in the pool (MJD, SJax, Gore, Hillis, Turner), plus several solid RB2's (Ingram, Best, F Jones, Blount, Matthews). Conversely, all of my top-15 projected WR's will be kept, leaving the likes of Colston, Mike Williams (TB), Harvin, Welker, Lloyd and Boldin around for my WR2.

My projections have AP scoring about 2-3 FP's a game more than an equivalent top-12 back, whereas a top-10 WR is probably 3-4 FP's a game more than the second tier WR2's available. Assuming I can make the salaries work, should I be looking to swap AP for a top-end WR?

Jeff, thanks for your earlier reply. I've done a little more analysis on the other teams' likely keepers and wondered whether I should be looking for a trade. 12-team, keep-5 auction league. Standard scoring, with 1 point per receiving first down (works out to about 0.5 PPR for RB's, 0.7 PPR for WR's). Lineup is 2 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DST.Currently, I'm keeping: Vick, Big Ben, AP, Mendenhall and Fitz. Looking at the other teams' likely keepers, it looks like there will be lots of big name RB's in the pool (MJD, SJax, Gore, Hillis, Turner), plus several solid RB2's (Ingram, Best, F Jones, Blount, Matthews). Conversely, all of my top-15 projected WR's will be kept, leaving the likes of Colston, Mike Williams (TB), Harvin, Welker, Lloyd and Boldin around for my WR2.My projections have AP scoring about 2-3 FP's a game more than an equivalent top-12 back, whereas a top-10 WR is probably 3-4 FP's a game more than the second tier WR2's available. Assuming I can make the salaries work, should I be looking to swap AP for a top-end WR?
I would stay status quo. At least this way, your league mates will be targeting RBs while you score WRs. You have a great nucleus so I would keep that going.

Hey Jeff,12 team H2H Keeper Auction League$200 salaryKeep 3 players. Max of 3 years5 player rookie taxi squad(yearly rookie draft, salary depends on round taken, $10/year for 5 years round 1, $5/year for 3 years round 2, etc). 4th year of league. Inflation started on rookies last year. opportunity to franchise one rookie player.Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR/TE, 1 DEF6 points all TD's(including passing TD's)1 pt/10 yards rushing/receivingMy current Keepers:QB- Rodgers $3 in final year of contractRB- Chris Johnson $10(rookie keeper) 2 more years leftRB- Bradshaw $16, 3 more years leftWR- Calvin Johnson $20, final year of contractWR- Mike Williams TB $5, 2 more years(inflation)20%/yearI was offered Adrian Peterson at $65(final year of contract) for1) Mike Williams and my first round rookie pick next year, I get Peterson and his second round rookie pick next year.2) Mikel Leshoure(I drafted him this year in rookie draft so his salary is $10/year) and my first round rookie pick next year for Adrian Peterson.With Rodgers and Calvin JOhson in their final year, this is the year i have to go for it. If I get Peterson I couldn't keep Bradshaw.(maybe trade him to get a rookie draft pick back). I like Leshoure and my draft pick next year will likely be a late 1st rounderLeshoure will be a good RB3 with RB2 upside possibly this year if Best gets hurt and as the year goes on. If I fall out of the race early I can always trade rodgers or Calvin for draft picks. Petersons contract will put my salary at $103 which gives me lots of room to fill out my roster. This league tends to value WR because with keepers there is very few elite available during auction. For that reason I don't want to give up Williams. Should I go for it and trade Leshoure and 1st rounder for Peterson or should I be content with Bradshaw as my RB2 and Chris Johson as RB1(Leshoure possibly RB3)Thanks
I think you roll the dice on the Leshoure deal and ask for a 2nd in return. This way, you would be in great shape at all starter position

Hey Jeff,12 team H2H Keeper Auction League$200 salaryKeep 3 players. Max of 3 years5 player rookie taxi squad(yearly rookie draft, salary depends on round taken, $10/year for 5 years round 1, $5/year for 3 years round 2, etc). 4th year of league. Inflation started on rookies last year. opportunity to franchise one rookie player.Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR/TE, 1 DEF6 points all TD's(including passing TD's)1 pt/10 yards rushing/receivingMy current Keepers:QB- Rodgers $3 in final year of contractRB- Chris Johnson $10(rookie keeper) 2 more years leftRB- Bradshaw $16, 3 more years leftWR- Calvin Johnson $20, final year of contractWR- Mike Williams TB $5, 2 more years(inflation)20%/yearI was offered Adrian Peterson at $65(final year of contract) for1) Mike Williams and my first round rookie pick next year, I get Peterson and his second round rookie pick next year.2) Mikel Leshoure(I drafted him this year in rookie draft so his salary is $10/year) and my first round rookie pick next year for Adrian Peterson.With Rodgers and Calvin JOhson in their final year, this is the year i have to go for it. If I get Peterson I couldn't keep Bradshaw.(maybe trade him to get a rookie draft pick back). I like Leshoure and my draft pick next year will likely be a late 1st rounderLeshoure will be a good RB3 with RB2 upside possibly this year if Best gets hurt and as the year goes on. If I fall out of the race early I can always trade rodgers or Calvin for draft picks. Petersons contract will put my salary at $103 which gives me lots of room to fill out my roster. This league tends to value WR because with keepers there is very few elite available during auction. For that reason I don't want to give up Williams. Should I go for it and trade Leshoure and 1st rounder for Peterson or should I be content with Bradshaw as my RB2 and Chris Johson as RB1(Leshoure possibly RB3)Thanks
I think you roll the dice on the Leshoure deal and ask for a 2nd in return. This way, you would be in great shape at all starter position
Peterson will likely score 50-60 points more than Bradshaw this year. Is it worth it?

Peterson will likely score 50-60 points more than Bradshaw this year. Is it worth it?
yes, that is 3-4 points/game

12 team dynasty league Standard scoring no PPR 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE

QB's- M. Vick, T. Romo, C. Henne

RB's- A. Foster, M. Forte, J. Best, M. Barber, D. Ward, B. Westbrook, J. Norwood, J. McKnightS. Vereen

WR's- R. Wayne, B. Edwards, V. Jackson, N. Washington, M. Thomas,J. Cotchery, P. Burress

Te's- T. Heap, T. Moeaki, L Kenricks, J. Carlson

K- D. Akers

DEF- San Diego, Baltimore

Would you trade Best for Witten someone has offered me Witten for V. Jackson but thinking of counter with that or would you be ok with going into the season with my TE's.

12 team dynasty league Standard scoring no PPR 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TEQB's- M. Vick, T. Romo, C. Henne RB's- A. Foster, M. Forte, J. Best, M. Barber, D. Ward, B. Westbrook, J. Norwood, J. McKnightS. Vereen WR's- R. Wayne, B. Edwards, V. Jackson, N. Washington, M. Thomas,J. Cotchery, P. Burress Te's- T. Heap, T. Moeaki, L Kenricks, J. Carlson K- D. Akers DEF- San Diego, Baltimore Would you trade Best for Witten someone has offered me Witten for V. Jackson but thinking of counter with that or would you be ok with going into the season with my TE's.
no, I would not do either. I think Heap will be ok. If you are looking to upgrade, you prob could flip Moeaki for Winslow ... and add Carlson if need be.

12 team dynasty league Standard scoring no PPR 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TEQB's- M. Vick, T. Romo, C. Henne RB's- A. Foster, M. Forte, J. Best, M. Barber, D. Ward, B. Westbrook, J. Norwood, J. McKnightS. Vereen WR's- R. Wayne, B. Edwards, V. Jackson, N. Washington, M. Thomas,J. Cotchery, P. Burress Te's- T. Heap, T. Moeaki, L Kenricks, J. Carlson K- D. Akers DEF- San Diego, Baltimore Would you trade Best for Witten someone has offered me Witten for V. Jackson but thinking of counter with that or would you be ok with going into the season with my TE's.
no, I would not do either. I think Heap will be ok. If you are looking to upgrade, you prob could flip Moeaki for Winslow ... and add Carlson if need be.
I rejected the trade and he come back with Witten, A. Benn & B. Gibson for Burress, Moeaki & my 1st round pick next year. I did win the league last year but do not like giving up future 1st round picks because you never know what might happen. I am already without my 2nd and 3rd round picks next year so this would only leave me with a 4th round pick. Would Witten be better then any rookie player that I could pick in the 1st round next year.

I rejected the trade and he come back with Witten, A. Benn & B. Gibson for Burress, Moeaki & my 1st round pick next year. I did win the league last year but do not like giving up future 1st round picks because you never know what might happen. I am already without my 2nd and 3rd round picks next year so this would only leave me with a 4th round pick. Would Witten be better then any rookie player that I could pick in the 1st round next year.
I like it for you but witten's td numbers last yr are inflated compared to past years. think I would look to throw in another piece (Heap, Carlson, Henne, etc) and ask for a 2nd back ... &/or tell him he can keep gibson.Overall, I like it but massage it to get a 2nd back without giving up much (yes, I know how that sounds :) )

Hi Jeff,

I have a draft strategy question. I have quite a bit of data that I am hoping will help. I play in a 10 team .5 PPR redraft league. Scoring is 6 pts. all TD's including passing. .5 PPR for RB, WR and TE. 1 pt. per 20 yds. passing, and 1 pt. per 10 yds. rushing/receiving. Def get 20 pts. for a shut out all the way to -10 for 35+ pts. scored against. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 DEF/Spec Tm., 1 K 1 IDP. 18 rd. draft (first year for this, it has been 16 rds. previously). This year I am drafting out of the 9 hole. I wanted to give you some data on how our drafts have gone over the past 2 years, and given this, and the scoring and lineup criteria, I was hoping you could help me with my draft strategy. In 2009: In the first 5 rds. 21 RB's were taken (8 in the 1st rd.), 17 WR's (2 in the 1st rd.), 6 QB's (4 in the 2nd rd.), 5 TE's (5 in the 5th rd.),1 DEF (run came in the 7th when 5 came off the board), 0 K and 0 IDP. In 2010: In the first 5 rds. 21 rbs. were taken (7 in the first rd.) 15 Wr's (2 in the first rd.) 8 QB's ( 1 in the first rd., 4 in the 2nd), 6 TE's (2 in the 4th rd., 4 in the 5th rd.), 0 DEF (2 in the 7th rd., 4 in the 8th rd.) 0 IDP. Wild card is we have 3 new players this year. What I am wondering is given the info. I have provided,how might you look to start your draft if you were me? ie: first 2 rds RB/WR or RB/QB or RB/RB? Also what might you like to have in terms of players after the first 5 rds ie: 2 RB's 1 QB, 1 TE, 1 WR? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Hi Jeff, I have a draft strategy question. I have quite a bit of data that I am hoping will help. I play in a 10 team .5 PPR redraft league. Scoring is 6 pts. all TD's including passing. .5 PPR for RB, WR and TE. 1 pt. per 20 yds. passing, and 1 pt. per 10 yds. rushing/receiving. Def get 20 pts. for a shut out all the way to -10 for 35+ pts. scored against. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 DEF/Spec Tm., 1 K 1 IDP. 18 rd. draft (first year for this, it has been 16 rds. previously). This year I am drafting out of the 9 hole. I wanted to give you some data on how our drafts have gone over the past 2 years, and given this, and the scoring and lineup criteria, I was hoping you could help me with my draft strategy. In 2009: In the first 5 rds. 21 RB's were taken (8 in the 1st rd.), 17 WR's (2 in the 1st rd.), 6 QB's (4 in the 2nd rd.), 5 TE's (5 in the 5th rd.),1 DEF (run came in the 7th when 5 came off the board), 0 K and 0 IDP. In 2010: In the first 5 rds. 21 rbs. were taken (7 in the first rd.) 15 Wr's (2 in the first rd.) 8 QB's ( 1 in the first rd., 4 in the 2nd), 6 TE's (2 in the 4th rd., 4 in the 5th rd.), 0 DEF (2 in the 7th rd., 4 in the 8th rd.) 0 IDP. Wild card is we have 3 new players this year. What I am wondering is given the info. I have provided,how might you look to start your draft if you were me? ie: first 2 rds RB/WR or RB/QB or RB/RB? Also what might you like to have in terms of players after the first 5 rds ie: 2 RB's 1 QB, 1 TE, 1 WR? Thanks for any help you can provide.
I would wait on QB until after the 4th or 5th since there are several good/great options. The same goes for TE, unless you can get Gates (not Witten, Finley) in the 4th or later. So, the first few rounds, I would try to have three strong RBs and two WRs assuming Gates does not fall. In fact, I see the dropoff at RB coming long before that at WR so (depending on who was available) I would be tempted to go RB/RB/RB then look at WRs like Marshall, Harvin, Collie in the 4th and 5th.

Hi Jeff, I have a draft strategy question. I have quite a bit of data that I am hoping will help. I play in a 10 team .5 PPR redraft league. Scoring is 6 pts. all TD's including passing. .5 PPR for RB, WR and TE. 1 pt. per 20 yds. passing, and 1 pt. per 10 yds. rushing/receiving. Def get 20 pts. for a shut out all the way to -10 for 35+ pts. scored against. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 DEF/Spec Tm., 1 K 1 IDP. 18 rd. draft (first year for this, it has been 16 rds. previously). This year I am drafting out of the 9 hole. I wanted to give you some data on how our drafts have gone over the past 2 years, and given this, and the scoring and lineup criteria, I was hoping you could help me with my draft strategy. In 2009: In the first 5 rds. 21 RB's were taken (8 in the 1st rd.), 17 WR's (2 in the 1st rd.), 6 QB's (4 in the 2nd rd.), 5 TE's (5 in the 5th rd.),1 DEF (run came in the 7th when 5 came off the board), 0 K and 0 IDP. In 2010: In the first 5 rds. 21 rbs. were taken (7 in the first rd.) 15 Wr's (2 in the first rd.) 8 QB's ( 1 in the first rd., 4 in the 2nd), 6 TE's (2 in the 4th rd., 4 in the 5th rd.), 0 DEF (2 in the 7th rd., 4 in the 8th rd.) 0 IDP. Wild card is we have 3 new players this year. What I am wondering is given the info. I have provided,how might you look to start your draft if you were me? ie: first 2 rds RB/WR or RB/QB or RB/RB? Also what might you like to have in terms of players after the first 5 rds ie: 2 RB's 1 QB, 1 TE, 1 WR? Thanks for any help you can provide.
I would wait on QB until after the 4th or 5th since there are several good/great options. The same goes for TE, unless you can get Gates (not Witten, Finley) in the 4th or later. So, the first few rounds, I would try to have three strong RBs and two WRs assuming Gates does not fall. In fact, I see the dropoff at RB coming long before that at WR so (depending on who was available) I would be tempted to go RB/RB/RB then look at WRs like Marshall, Harvin, Collie in the 4th and 5th.
Thanks Jeff, I appreciate the response. This is a tactic I have never taken in this league so I am curious to test it out. One more question. Who are the QB's and TE's you might look to target?

Thanks Jeff, I appreciate the response. This is a tactic I have never taken in this league so I am curious to test it out. One more question. Who are the QB's and TE's you might look to target?
QB: Romo & Rivers as qb6/7 off the board, even Ben or Fitzpatrick waiting laterTE: Cooley, Daniels

QB: Romo & Rivers as qb6/7 off the board, even Ben or Fitzpatrick waiting laterTE: Cooley, Daniels
I like the idea, however Romo and Rivers will likely go in the 3rd rd. in my league. So if I utilize this strategy and draft 3 rb's and 2 wr's in the first 5 rds., I will likely not get Romo or Rivers. What do you think of a Ben/Ryan combo #8 and #10 in draft dominator for me right now. Also curious about your view of trying to grab either J.Graham or M. Lewis if they are available in the 6th, currently #6 and #7 in Draft Dominator for me. (Gates will go as early as the 3rd and if he is available at the turn in the 4th for me, drafting out of the 9 hole that is where I would need to get him, won't last past that.) Not sure about Cooley in that Redskins O right now. Daniels could be a steal however if he stays healthy. Thanks again for your thoughts and feedback. Very helpful.

I like the idea, however Romo and Rivers will likely go in the 3rd rd. in my league. So if I utilize this strategy and draft 3 rb's and 2 wr's in the first 5 rds., I will likely not get Romo or Rivers. What do you think of a Ben/Ryan combo #8 and #10 in draft dominator for me right now. Also curious about your view of trying to grab either J.Graham or M. Lewis if they are available in the 6th, currently #6 and #7 in Draft Dominator for me. (Gates will go as early as the 3rd and if he is available at the turn in the 4th for me, drafting out of the 9 hole that is where I would need to get him, won't last past that.) Not sure about Cooley in that Redskins O right now. Daniels could be a steal however if he stays healthy. Thanks again for your thoughts and feedback. Very helpful.
Romo and Rivers are usually QB6/7 off the board. I would avoid Stafford, Ryan, and Bradford since they are more sexy and less productive than Ben. I like Fitzpatrick and Freeman for your QB2. Ben/Freeman is a good combo at a great price. At TE, I do not like Lewis as much as most just because his 2010 numbers were slanted due to an abundance of TDs. I like Graham, Cooley, and Daniels as a low end TE1. Add Winslow to the list. The DD should have the RBs drop off quickly so getting the cream is a good thing while others are taking other positions.

Romo and Rivers are usually QB6/7 off the board. I would avoid Stafford, Ryan, and Bradford since they are more sexy and less productive than Ben. I like Fitzpatrick and Freeman for your QB2. Ben/Freeman is a good combo at a great price. At TE, I do not like Lewis as much as most just because his 2010 numbers were slanted due to an abundance of TDs. I like Graham, Cooley, and Daniels as a low end TE1. Add Winslow to the list. The DD should have the RBs drop off quickly so getting the cream is a good thing while others are taking other positions.
Sounds like a plan. The DD most definitely shows the value dropping off quickly at RB, more so than any other position. Much more comfortable with the idea of Ben/Freeman. I will trust you on the TE recommendations, though I am much more comfortable with Graham and Daniels than Cooley. I will draft two TE's to cover myself. Thanks very much for the help.

Sounds like a plan. The DD most definitely shows the value dropping off quickly at RB, more so than any other position. Much more comfortable with the idea of Ben/Freeman. I will trust you on the TE recommendations, though I am much more comfortable with Graham and Daniels than Cooley. I will draft two TE's to cover myself. Thanks very much for the help.
go with the TEs you like and are comfortable with. It is your team and you should roster guys you like and like rooting for. Have a good one.

I can keep up to four players but will only keep 2-3 players. Keeping Foster for my 2.01 and Lynch for my 15.01 but would you keep D. Brees for the 1.12. I will not have my 3rd, 5th and 6th round picks since I traded my 3rd rounder last year for Brees and traded my 5th and 6th round picks for the 1.06 pick in this years draft. I was thinking that keeping Brees for my 1.12 would be a no brainer but then thinking about it I could either end up with 2 stud RB's and 1 stud WR or 2 stud WR's & 1 stud RB if I do not keep him. Here is what would be the top players that I could pick from with my two picks if I do not keep Brees. R. Rice, ADP, CJ2, MJD, A. Johnson, C. Johnson, R. White, Fitz, R. Wayne, M. Austin, A. Gates, J. Witten, D. Clark. Any player draft in the first 2 rounds can not be kept and this is PPR (RB's .5pt, WR's 1pt, & TE's 1.5pts) that is why I have a couple of TE's because we always have 2-3 go in the first 2 rounds.

Jeff, thanks for your earlier reply. I've done a little more analysis on the other teams' likely keepers and wondered whether I should be looking for a trade. 12-team, keep-5 auction league. Standard scoring, with 1 point per receiving first down (works out to about 0.5 PPR for RB's, 0.7 PPR for WR's). Lineup is 2 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DST.Currently, I'm keeping: Vick, Big Ben, AP, Mendenhall and Fitz. Looking at the other teams' likely keepers, it looks like there will be lots of big name RB's in the pool (MJD, SJax, Gore, Hillis, Turner), plus several solid RB2's (Ingram, Best, F Jones, Blount, Matthews). Conversely, all of my top-15 projected WR's will be kept, leaving the likes of Colston, Mike Williams (TB), Harvin, Welker, Lloyd and Boldin around for my WR2.My projections have AP scoring about 2-3 FP's a game more than an equivalent top-12 back, whereas a top-10 WR is probably 3-4 FP's a game more than the second tier WR2's available. Assuming I can make the salaries work, should I be looking to swap AP for a top-end WR?
I would stay status quo. At least this way, your league mates will be targeting RBs while you score WRs. You have a great nucleus so I would keep that going.
I'm not sure why I didn't include the cap numbers with this. AP is currently priced at $74 (out of a total $260 salary), and is the highest salary of all RB's and 3rd highest overall. Keeping him leaves me with only $56 to pick up a WR2 and backups, which basically means I'm losing the opportunity for picking up any higher-priced prospects.I've been offered an intriguing trade. I trade away Romo (who's slightly below market price, but I wasn't going to keep) for Santonio Holmes at $6 (about half his value if you rate him as a mid to top-end WR2). FBG projections have him about 1 point per game higher than the next couple of WR's likely to be available, and he's at a reduced price. I'd have to drop AP back into the pool, but as I'd have saved that cap money (I'd now have $124 to spend on AP/other RB1 and backups/prospects), I can easily get him back for even the same price and come out slightly ahead.Would you pull the trigger?

12 team dynasty league Standard scoring no PPR 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TEQB's- M. Vick, T. Romo, C. Henne RB's- A. Foster, M. Forte, J. Best, M. Barber, D. Ward, B. Westbrook, J. McKnight, S. Vereen WR's- R. Wayne, B. Edwards, V. Jackson, N. Washington, M. Thomas, J. Cotchery, P. Crayton, R. Cobb, A. Benn, G. Salas Te's- J. Witten, T. Heap, L Kenricks, J. Carlson K- D. Akers DEF- San Diego, Baltimore Would you trade Best for Witten someone has offered me Witten for V. Jackson but thinking of counter with that or would you be ok with going into the season with my TE's.
I like it for you but witten's td numbers last yr are inflated compared to past years. think I would look to throw in another piece (Heap, Carlson, Henne, etc) and ask for a 2nd back ... &/or tell him he can keep gibson.Overall, I like it but massage it to get a 2nd back without giving up much (yes, I know how that sounds :) )
Ok I counter with this trade and he accepted know I have another one that has been offered to me. A. Benn, P. Crayton, J. Witten and two 2012 3rd round picks he did not have any 2nd round picks so went with the 3rds for J. Norwood, P. Burress, Moeaki, & 2012 1st round pick.Now to the trade that was just offered to me D. Clark, M. Sim-Walker, V. Young, D. Avery, L. Robinson & 2012 2rd round pick for J. Witten, J. Best, C. Henne, J. McKnight, B Edwards. I am thinking no since I do not see what I am really gaining other then a 2nd round pick next year but I lose Best.

I can keep up to four players but will only keep 2-3 players. Keeping Foster for my 2.01 and Lynch for my 15.01 but would you keep D. Brees for the 1.12. I will not have my 3rd, 5th and 6th round picks since I traded my 3rd rounder last year for Brees and traded my 5th and 6th round picks for the 1.06 pick in this years draft. I was thinking that keeping Brees for my 1.12 would be a no brainer but then thinking about it I could either end up with 2 stud RB's and 1 stud WR or 2 stud WR's & 1 stud RB if I do not keep him. Here is what would be the top players that I could pick from with my two picks if I do not keep Brees. R. Rice, ADP, CJ2, MJD, A. Johnson, C. Johnson, R. White, Fitz, R. Wayne, M. Austin, A. Gates, J. Witten, D. Clark. Any player draft in the first 2 rounds can not be kept and this is PPR (RB's .5pt, WR's 1pt, & TE's 1.5pts) that is why I have a couple of TE's because we always have 2-3 go in the first 2 rounds.
I would let Brees go with the thought that you can get him at 1.12 ... and hope for a stud WR

I'm not sure why I didn't include the cap numbers with this. AP is currently priced at $74 (out of a total $260 salary), and is the highest salary of all RB's and 3rd highest overall. Keeping him leaves me with only $56 to pick up a WR2 and backups, which basically means I'm losing the opportunity for picking up any higher-priced prospects.I've been offered an intriguing trade. I trade away Romo (who's slightly below market price, but I wasn't going to keep) for Santonio Holmes at $6 (about half his value if you rate him as a mid to top-end WR2). FBG projections have him about 1 point per game higher than the next couple of WR's likely to be available, and he's at a reduced price. I'd have to drop AP back into the pool, but as I'd have saved that cap money (I'd now have $124 to spend on AP/other RB1 and backups/prospects), I can easily get him back for even the same price and come out slightly ahead.Would you pull the trigger?
pull the trigger, but having roughly one quarter of your cap on peterson is not too bad ... and you might get him cheaper this go around.

12 team dynasty league Standard scoring no PPR 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TEQB's- M. Vick, T. Romo, C. Henne RB's- A. Foster, M. Forte, J. Best, M. Barber, D. Ward, B. Westbrook, J. McKnight, S. Vereen WR's- R. Wayne, B. Edwards, V. Jackson, N. Washington, M. Thomas, J. Cotchery, P. Crayton, R. Cobb, A. Benn, G. Salas Te's- J. Witten, T. Heap, L Kenricks, J. Carlson K- D. Akers DEF- San Diego, Baltimore Would you trade Best for Witten someone has offered me Witten for V. Jackson but thinking of counter with that or would you be ok with going into the season with my TE's.
Ok I counter with this trade and he accepted know I have another one that has been offered to me. A. Benn, P. Crayton, J. Witten and two 2012 3rd round picks he did not have any 2nd round picks so went with the 3rds for J. Norwood, P. Burress, Moeaki, & 2012 1st round pick.Now to the trade that was just offered to me D. Clark, M. Sim-Walker, V. Young, D. Avery, L. Robinson & 2012 2rd round pick for J. Witten, J. Best, C. Henne, J. McKnight, B Edwards. I am thinking no since I do not see what I am really gaining other then a 2nd round pick next year but I lose Best.
that is a horrible deal for you ... clark is not close to witten. Witten has consistent catch and yard numbers while clark has had one good yr and a bunch of injuries in between.

Hey Jeff, I hope the extended off-season was a good one.

Our league allows each team to keep one player from the previous year costing you the last round #14 pick and I am contemplating one of the following three:

Dez Bryant,

Mike Wallace,

& Jason Witten.

Rules:

10 pts per TD

1 pt per 10 yards

FBG have all three in a statistical dead heat. I won't share my preference since I want to see what you were thinking.

Hey Jeff, I hope the extended off-season was a good one.Our league allows each team to keep one player from the previous year costing you the last round #14 pick and I am contemplating one of the following three: Dez Bryant, Mike Wallace, & Jason Witten. Rules:10 pts per TD1 pt per 10 yardsFBG have all three in a statistical dead heat. I won't share my preference since I want to see what you were thinking.
since witten's 2010 td numbers were abnormally high, and dez should take another step forward, I would stick to one of the wrs. The wrs are very close for me. You choose wallace for 2011 production or dez with the hopes of hitting a home run.

Users who are viewing this thread