What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (4 Viewers)

Jeff,

Another league standard scoring

Cam or Teebow?

Gore,Hunter, F. Jones,Hillis already starting JD. but need one or two more if play one in flex

Garcon,Robinson, A. Johnson,Austin, Homes, B. Smith need two or mabye three. Which guy should go in flex between the wr's and rb's

Hearing stuff health related on Gore

Thanks

Hi, Jeff. I have BigBen and no backup. think he plays or too risky for MNF? Pick up Batch, Yates or Locker? and who do I dropI have, McCoy, Rice, KSmith, Grant, Ricky Williams...Holmes, Moss, Harvin, DemThomas, Julio...Graham, Hernandez, Bengals, Titanswe start 2RB, 2 WR, 1Flex non ppr
drop tenn defense for locker if he looks to be playing.You have a very good team and it is not worth the risk otherwise

Hey Jeff,

Big playoff game this week, winner goes to the final. Need some starter help

12 team head to head keeper auction league(keep 3 player for 3 years max), also can keep unlimited rookie(if drafted in rookie draft). $200 salary

Scoring

1 pt/10 yard rushing/receiving

6 pts all TD's

QB: Aaron Rodgers(Starter), Grossman, Cutler

RB: Chris Johnson(Starter), Adrian Peterson(starter),

W. McGahee, C. Ivory

WR/TE(start 4): Calvin Johnson(starter), Mike Williams(TB vs. Dal), Pierre Garcon vs. Tenn, A. Boldin @ SD, J. Gaffney @ NYG,

K: Bironas

DEF: Tenn @ Indy or NE @ DEN

I have basically traded away all of my rookie picks to try to win this year. If Peterson can't go at RB, go with McGahee? After Calvin Johnson, pick 3 out of the 4. I was leaning Gaffney over Boldin because he hasn't done much lately. I'm thinking Tenn for DEF. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jeff,

Sorry in advance for the pile of questions I'm about to drop on you, but it's the playoffs, so I find myself second guessing several of my lineup decisions this week. All leagues are PPR:

1) Ryan vs Jac or Manning vs WAS. I have Manning in for now, but my opponent is starting BOTH Roddy and Gonzo. I normally just start who I think will do best regardless of my opponent's lineup, but WAS's pass D isn't terrible, and Ryan could serve as damage control in case his guys go off. Thoughts?

2) Need to pick 3 starters out of Fitz vs CLE (Joe Haden?), M Austin, L Robinson vs TB, and Demaryius Thomas vs NE. I'm not opposed to starting both Austin and Robinson, especially with this good matchup. But Thomas DOES get NE this week. As for Fitz, I usually stick to the "start your studs" rule, especially after getting burned by sitting him against PHI back in week 10 when he went off against what was a great defense at the time, but..... Like I said, second guessing. **Update-Just read the Talib will likely be shadowing Bryant, not Austin or Robinson**

3) Flex: M Bush vs DET or A Brown vs SF. If Roethlisberger is out, I would go with Bush, but since they play Monday night, I likely won't have the luxury of waiting to decide.

4) This one is ugly... Spiller vs MIA or D Brown vs TEN. Both sets of FBG rankings have Spiller significantly higher, but I REALLY don't like him this week vs MIA, and TEN's rush D is pretty awful. Ugh.

Thanks in advance

Hey Jeff!

Was able to get the top seed in the playoffs and have a good tough matchup this week to make the finals next!

My league settings and team:

10 team H2H, Non-PPR, w/ default Yahoo scoring. Starters: 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, K, D.

QB: Romo, Tebow

WR: White, Wallace, Fitzgerald, Harvin, Robinson

RB: RRice, Bradshaw, Helu, FJones, KSmith

TE:

K: Kasey

D: Bengals, Seahawks

This is a series of who would you start questions.

1) At WR, I think that White and Harvin at locks. For WR3, I am debating between Fitzgerald and Wallace. If Big Ben doesn't play its an easier choice, but if he does, still Fitz or Wallace?

2) At RB, Rice is a lock. I think I would be more comfortable with Helu as RB2, but Jones has a very nice and tempting matchup.

3) I need to pick up a TE to play, thanks to FDavis, I am stuck without much for options. I will be dropping Tebow to grab one of the following: VDavis, Celek, Fasano, Olsen, Dreessen, Shiancoe, Tamme.

Thanks for the help!

Jeff, I dont think I have asked for help all year. Non-ppr standard scoring league. I can start 3-RB and 3-WR. I am posting 4 below at each position so all I have to do is bench one. Please let me know your thoughts.

RB's- Chris Johnson, Beanie Wells, MJD and Marshawn Lynch--- I am thinking of benching Wells or Lynch

WRs- Megatron, Austin, Mike Williams(TB) , Boldin-- Not benching Megatron. Not sure which of the other three sits.

Thanks.

Jeff,

I'm in a PPR league with the following scoring for RBs and WRs

1 pt per 10 rushing yards

1 pt per 10 receiving yards

1 pt per reception

6 pts per TD

-2 pts per fumble

We start the following:

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Def

I'm conflicted on who I should start at WR and RB

WR:

Roddy White vs Jacksonville (playing him tonight)

Steve Smith (Carolina) at Houston

Vincent Jackson vs Baltimore

Laurant Robinson at Tampa Bay

RB:

Adrian Peterson vs NO

Kevin Smith at Oak

Steven Jackson vs Cincy

Beanie Wells vs Cleveland

I'm going ahead and starting Roddy White tonight, and am going to play Peterson vs the Saints. So at WR I feel like I should start Steve Smith, but the guy I am playing is starting Philip Rivers. I'm already throwing up the block so to speak with Gates, so maybe I don't need to play Jackson as well...and Laurant Robinson has been an absolute beast on my bench.

At RB I feel like even if I get a half out of Kevin Smith, he will get my 20 points. But the matchup with Wells vs a road weary Browns team seems too good to pass up. And then there is the frustrating Rams offense. Steven Jackson got me the win last week with the catch at the end of the game, but I feel more lucky than confident that I started Jackson, and it was very painful to watch while they threw the ball 10 times from inside the 2 yard line...

This is the lineup of the guy I'm playing

QB: Phillip Rivers

WR: Santonio Holmes, Desean Jackson

RB: Roy Helu, LeSean McCoy

TE: Fasano

K: Janikowski

DEF: Jets

My other guys are

QB: Stafford

TE: Gates

K: Rackers

Def: Detroit or Seattle (haven;t decided yet)

What do you think?

-Eric

Hey Jeff,Big playoff game this week, winner goes to the final. Need some starter help12 team head to head keeper auction league(keep 3 player for 3 years max), also can keep unlimited rookie(if drafted in rookie draft). $200 salaryScoring 1 pt/10 yard rushing/receiving6 pts all TD'sQB: Aaron Rodgers(Starter), Grossman, CutlerRB: Chris Johnson(Starter), Adrian Peterson(starter),W. McGahee, C. IvoryWR/TE(start 4): Calvin Johnson(starter), Mike Williams(TB vs. Dal), Pierre Garcon vs. Tenn, A. Boldin @ SD, J. Gaffney @ NYG,K: BironasDEF: Tenn @ Indy or NE @ DENI have basically traded away all of my rookie picks to try to win this year. If Peterson can't go at RB, go with McGahee? After Calvin Johnson, pick 3 out of the 4. I was leaning Gaffney over Boldin because he hasn't done much lately. I'm thinking Tenn for DEF. Thanks
I like Willis this weekBoldin vs Gaffney is close and I might go with Boldin and hope for a shootout

Hey Jeff,

Sorry in advance for the pile of questions I'm about to drop on you, but it's the playoffs, so I find myself second guessing several of my lineup decisions this week. All leagues are PPR:

1) Ryan vs Jac or Manning vs WAS. I have Manning in for now, but my opponent is starting BOTH Roddy and Gonzo. I normally just start who I think will do best regardless of my opponent's lineup, but WAS's pass D isn't terrible, and Ryan could serve as damage control in case his guys go off. Thoughts? Love Manning this week but Ryan doing well

2) Need to pick 3 starters out of Fitz vs CLE (Joe Haden?), M Austin, L Robinson vs TB, and Demaryius Thomas vs NE. I'm not opposed to starting both Austin and Robinson, especially with this good matchup. But Thomas DOES get NE this week. As for Fitz, I usually stick to the "start your studs" rule, especially after getting burned by sitting him against PHI back in week 10 when he went off against what was a great defense at the time, but..... Like I said, second guessing. **Update-Just read the Talib will likely be shadowing Bryant, not Austin or Robinson** I like Fitz, Thomas and one of the Cowboys, depending on Austin's health.

3) Flex: M Bush vs DET or A Brown vs SF. If Roethlisberger is out, I would go with Bush, but since they play Monday night, I likely won't have the luxury of waiting to decide. I think you go with Bush unless Ben is expected to play .... before you have to decide

4) This one is ugly... Spiller vs MIA or D Brown vs TEN. Both sets of FBG rankings have Spiller significantly higher, but I REALLY don't like him this week vs MIA, and TEN's rush D is pretty awful. Ugh. I think you have to go with Spiller with Addai back for Indy

Thanks in advance

Hey Jeff!

Was able to get the top seed in the playoffs and have a good tough matchup this week to make the finals next!

My league settings and team:

10 team H2H, Non-PPR, w/ default Yahoo scoring. Starters: 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, K, D.

QB: Romo, Tebow

WR: White, Wallace, Fitzgerald, Harvin, Robinson

RB: RRice, Bradshaw, Helu, FJones, KSmith

TE:

K: Kasey

D: Bengals, Seahawks

This is a series of who would you start questions.

1) At WR, I think that White and Harvin at locks. For WR3, I am debating between Fitzgerald and Wallace. If Big Ben doesn't play its an easier choice, but if he does, still Fitz or Wallace?

2) At RB, Rice is a lock. I think I would be more comfortable with Helu as RB2, but Jones has a very nice and tempting matchup.

3) I need to pick up a TE to play, thanks to FDavis, I am stuck without much for options. I will be dropping Tebow to grab one of the following: VDavis, Celek, Fasano, Olsen, Dreessen, Shiancoe, Tamme. I like VDavis and Tamme (only if Clark is still out

Thanks for the help!

Jeff, I dont think I have asked for help all year. Non-ppr standard scoring league. I can start 3-RB and 3-WR. I am posting 4 below at each position so all I have to do is bench one. Please let me know your thoughts.

RB's- Chris Johnson, Beanie Wells, MJD and Marshawn Lynch--- I am thinking of benching Wells or Lynch - Sit Wells

WRs- Megatron, Austin, Mike Williams(TB) , Boldin-- Not benching Megatron. Not sure which of the other three sits. I would bench Williams since he has done so little this season

Thanks.

Jeff,

I'm in a PPR league with the following scoring for RBs and WRs

1 pt per 10 rushing yards

1 pt per 10 receiving yards

1 pt per reception

6 pts per TD

-2 pts per fumble

We start the following:

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Def

I'm conflicted on who I should start at WR and RB

WR:

Roddy White vs Jacksonville (playing him tonight)

Steve Smith (Carolina) at Houston

Vincent Jackson vs Baltimore

Laurant Robinson at Tampa Bay

RB:

Adrian Peterson vs NO

Kevin Smith at Oak

Steven Jackson vs Cincy

Beanie Wells vs Cleveland

I'm going ahead and starting Roddy White tonight, and am going to play Peterson vs the Saints. So at WR I feel like I should start Steve Smith, but the guy I am playing is starting Philip Rivers. I'm already throwing up the block so to speak with Gates, so maybe I don't need to play Jackson as well...and Laurant Robinson has been an absolute beast on my bench.

At RB I feel like even if I get a half out of Kevin Smith, he will get my 20 points. But the matchup with Wells vs a road weary Browns team seems too good to pass up. And then there is the frustrating Rams offense. Steven Jackson got me the win last week with the catch at the end of the game, but I feel more lucky than confident that I started Jackson, and it was very painful to watch while they threw the ball 10 times from inside the 2 yard line... Smith is very risky with his health but has upside.

This is the lineup of the guy I'm playing

QB: Phillip Rivers

WR: Santonio Holmes, Desean Jackson

RB: Roy Helu, LeSean McCoy

TE: Fasano

K: Janikowski

DEF: Jets

My other guys are

QB: Stafford

TE: Gates

K: Rackers

Def: Detroit or Seattle (haven;t decided yet)

What do you think?

-Eric

Hey Jeff

PPR/Return League

Need 2 WR and 1 Flex to start this week from:

WR : Vincent Jackson, Mike Wallace, Santana Moss, Anquan Boldin

RB: Frank Gore, Marion Barber, Ryan Grant

Currently locked in Arian Foster and Adrian Peterson at RB1 and RB2.

Leaning the traditional MWall and VJax but the ladder scares the f out of me every week. As a Niner fan, watching Gore every game, he just is going nowhere lately and gets zero looks in the passing game. What do you think?

THANKS!!

Hey Jeff,

1/2 point PPR - with standard scoring elsewhere.

Flex

Brown @ SF

Colston @ Minny

Gore v. PIT

Have to start Big Ben on Monday so I really think its too risky a play with Brown, and no backup options.

Ben

Matthews/Steve Jackson

Fitz/Jordy

Witten

Above is my starting lineup, thoughts on the Flex?

Hey JeffPPR/Return LeagueNeed 2 WR and 1 Flex to start this week from:WR : Vincent Jackson, Mike Wallace, Santana Moss, Anquan BoldinRB: Frank Gore, Marion Barber, Ryan GrantCurrently locked in Arian Foster and Adrian Peterson at RB1 and RB2.Leaning the traditional MWall and VJax but the ladder scares the f out of me every week. As a Niner fan, watching Gore every game, he just is going nowhere lately and gets zero looks in the passing game. What do you think?THANKS!!
not knowing if Ben is playing this week is tough. I like Santana this week and would start him. Gore vs Barber is close, but would go with Barber since Gore is against the Steelers. Last spot, I would go with either VJax or Wallace - depending on your feel for Ben's health to start against San Fran.

Hey Jeff,

1/2 point PPR - with standard scoring elsewhere.

Flex

Brown @ SF

Colston @ Minny

Gore v. PIT

Have to start Big Ben on Monday so I really think its too risky a play with Brown, and no backup options.

Ben

Matthews/Steve Jackson

Fitz/Jordy

Witten

Above is my starting lineup, thoughts on the Flex?
I think I would go with Colston against the weak Minny secondary .... just dont like too many players in that Monday night game. The game could be ugly.

Jeff,

Still Cobb over L. Moore this week?

Thanks

A little nervous playing guy that has Falcons D this week. He has a jump on me.

Jeff,Still Cobb over L. Moore this week?ThanksA little nervous playing guy that has Falcons D this week. He has a jump on me.
ouch playing vs the ATL defense .... Cobb is just a hunch .... and Moore has scored well but not getting many looks ...
Well.....I was thinking the same about Cobb, and with Jennings out hopefully this is his big chance.Also....Kind of worry about the Teebow Mania factor this week.thanks

Pick 2 from the following, no PPR but long TD's do receive 3 points bonus points for TD's over 40 yards.

R. Mathews vs Bal

M. Austin vs TB

A. Brown vs SF

S. Moss vs NYG

S. Johnson vs Mia

Jeff please rank following players in standard ppr scoring 12 team league w/ flex:

Mike williams (tam)

Legarrette blount

Demaryous thomas

Kevin smith

C.j. spiller

Jeff~

So, last week was a fluke for Grant, but it has me second guessing myself.

Mathews has a rough matchup, but they are firing on all cylinders right now.

I have F. Jones going over Mendenhall. Do I sub Grant over Mathews this week too??

Jeff,

Talked to you briefly earlier this week, but want to run this past you again. In catch-up mode, losing 34-0 due to MJD, MTurner and MBryant doing well for my opponent Thursday night. I've got Rodgers vs his Brees, so I've gotta make my RB/WR/flex players count, even if it means taking some risk. I need to go with any four of these guys:

RBush @ Buffalo...definite starter

Hillis @ Ariz...I've held on to him all year just for this game, but not sure I can look past all the negatives.

Bowe vs GB...Orton is the king of garbage time, but this is his first action for KC...real boom/bust

KSmith @ Oakland...even more of a boom/bust than Bowe

Finley @ KC...does he get extra targets with Jennings out? is this his week for 140/2?

SSmith (Carolina) @ Hou...not sure if Wade's absence makes a difference...he's been consistent but not spectacular lately...

My heart says Bush/KSmith/Finley and either Bowe or SSmith. My gut changes every 5 minutes. I don't have to tell you how important this week is.

Very much appreciate the help. Enjoy the games.

4ize

Hi Jeff, hope you have had a good year. It's been a good FFL season for me and I am trying to finish strong, but this week looks particularly tough. The Footballguys website is down so I can't look at the stats or columns at the moment. So, I thought I would pick your brain if that is ok...

1 pt = 10 yds

10 pt = TD rush/rec

5 pts = TD pass

Thinking of drop Winslow(vsDAL) for Pettigrew(@OAK)?

Must start two RB from R.Bush(@PHI), S.Green(@BUF), or R.Mathews(vsBAL)

Must start two WR from AJGreen(@StL), M.Wallace(@SF), or V.Jackson(vsBAL)

I suppose it comes down to that SD vs Balt game and how that will go. Mathews and Jackson have been underwhelming many times this year. I am also worried about Big Ben not playing and Wallace's stats suffering as a result. Any thoughts would be appreciated. God bless and happy holidays!

Hi, Jeff. A few questions please. In a non PPR 12 team league where no rushing or receiving points until 50 yards...and then 5 points...and then 1 per every 10 theeafter. 6 points for touchdowns 1 - 9; 9 points touchdowns 10 - 39; 12 points for touchdowns 40 +.

Need to pick 3 receivers from Nicks, Antonio Brown, Damian Williams and Donald Driver.

In a standard PPR league...Pettigrew or Winslow? Need to choose 2 RB's, 2 WR's and 1 Flex from M. Bush, Helu, Kevin Smith, Gore, Bradshaw and Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Steve Johnson, Vincent Jackson.

As always, thanks.

'Packers4ever said:
Pick 2 from the following, no PPR but long TD's do receive 3 points bonus points for TD's over 40 yards.R. Mathews vs BalM. Austin vs TBA. Brown vs SFS. Moss vs NYGS. Johnson vs Mia
santana and eith brown or mathews, leaning mathews

'def2noiz said:
Jeff~So, last week was a fluke for Grant, but it has me second guessing myself. Mathews has a rough matchup, but they are firing on all cylinders right now.I have F. Jones going over Mendenhall. Do I sub Grant over Mathews this week too??
i think you stick with mathews and hope for best

'Foureyes said:
Jeff,

Talked to you briefly earlier this week, but want to run this past you again. In catch-up mode, losing 34-0 due to MJD, MTurner and MBryant doing well for my opponent Thursday night. I've got Rodgers vs his Brees, so I've gotta make my RB/WR/flex players count, even if it means taking some risk. I need to go with any four of these guys:

RBush @ Buffalo...definite starter

Hillis @ Ariz...I've held on to him all year just for this game, but not sure I can look past all the negatives.

Bowe vs GB...Orton is the king of garbage time, but this is his first action for KC...real boom/bust

KSmith if he plays - Smith if not @ Oakland...even more of a boom/bust than Bowe

Finley @ KC...does he get extra targets with Jennings out? is this his week for 140/2?

SSmith (Carolina) @ Hou...not sure if Wade's absence makes a difference...he's been consistent but not spectacular lately...

My heart says Bush/KSmith/Finley and either Bowe or SSmith. My gut changes every 5 minutes. I don't have to tell you how important this week is.

Very much appreciate the help. Enjoy the games.

4ize
good luck

'Chief said:
Hi Jeff, hope you have had a good year. It's been a good FFL season for me and I am trying to finish strong, but this week looks particularly tough. The Footballguys website is down so I can't look at the stats or columns at the moment. So, I thought I would pick your brain if that is ok...

1 pt = 10 yds

10 pt = TD rush/rec

5 pts = TD pass

Thinking of drop Winslow(vsDAL) for Pettigrew(@OAK)? I like Winslow against Dallas

Must start two RB from R.Bush(@PHI), S.Green(@BUF), or R.Mathews(vsBAL)

Must start two WR from AJGreen(@StL), M.Wallace(@SF), or V.Jackson(vsBAL)

I suppose it comes down to that SD vs Balt game and how that will go. Mathews and Jackson have been underwhelming many times this year. I am also worried about Big Ben not playing and Wallace's stats suffering as a result. Any thoughts would be appreciated. God bless and happy holidays!
Thanks for the kind words. I would be hesitant on the Charger skill players this week ....

'fine wine said:
Hi, Jeff. A few questions please. In a non PPR 12 team league where no rushing or receiving points until 50 yards...and then 5 points...and then 1 per every 10 theeafter. 6 points for touchdowns 1 - 9; 9 points touchdowns 10 - 39; 12 points for touchdowns 40 +.

Need to pick 3 receivers from Nicks, Antonio Brown, Damian Williams and Donald Driver.

In a standard PPR league...Pettigrew or Winslow? Need to choose 2 RB's, 2 WR's and 1 Flex from M. Bush, Helu, Kevin Smith, Gore, Bradshaw and Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Steve Johnson, Vincent Jackson.

As always, thanks.
Good luck

'bamtonio said:
Hey Jeff,Need a huge week. Down by 43 in a two week playoffs league, I'm trying to choose all the players with the most upside. (NON-PPR)As of right now, my lineup looks like this:QB: TebowRB: Ray Rice, BeanieRB/WR: GreeneWR: Megatron and DemaryiusTE: Jimmy GrahamDo I sub anyone out? On my bench I have Spiller (RB-WR Eligible), Colston, Michael Bush, Kevin Smith, Laurent Robinson.Normally I'd start colston, but I feel like having two players on the same team starting limits my potential.
I am not a huge Beanie fan so I might consider Bush, Colston or Robinson just for upside. As far as Colston/Graham, I was down 55 before their MNF game a weeks back with those two and Brees and won by 30. That offense can rack up points.

Hey Jeff

Standard PPR League

Who would you start at RB this week:

1. Tomlinson vs Philly

2. D Williams vs Houston

3. Gerhart vs NO

Who would you start at Flex:

1. Breaston vs GB

2. Driver vs KC

3. Olsen vs Hou

Thanks

Jeff,

I just want to say THANKS very much for all your help and patience this year.

I hope to be still asking questions this time next week.

My team in Red you probably know about as well as I do. This is a redraft league, but next year after the draft were going to Keep 1 or two players going to the next year.

I just wondered who you like for a keeper or two in next season's draft?

Thanks,

Rob

Jeff,I just want to say THANKS very much for all your help and patience this year.I hope to be still asking questions this time next week.My team in Red you probably know about as well as I do. This is a redraft league, but next year after the draft were going to Keep 1 or two players going to the next year.I just wondered who you like for a keeper or two in next season's draft?Thanks,Rob
Good luck this week. Foster is the top keeper in the league. He would be my top option

Hi Jeff!

Would you lend your opinion here please?

My league awards 5 point bonuses for 100 yards rushing or receiving, 6 points for TDs and 9 points for out of position TDs (QB rushing TD, RB receiving TD, WR rushing TD) and finally, a 5 point bonus if the QBs team wins.

So here we go:

QB: Rodgers. Scared to death of his matchup with Chi. Will they have anything to play for? Missing Jennings, injured linemen. OTOH Chi. is a huge rival and perhaps they will looking to get mojo back heading into playoffs.

BUT...I could play Tebow who is very intriguing in our league's scoring system, especially those rushing TDs of his.

Nuts to play him over Rodgers?

RBs pick 2:

Micheal Bush. KC now a serious challenge?

Sproles. Great in my league's scroring but last time against Atlanta he had .2 points!

Felix Jones. Never scores TDs and I watched that last Dallas game. Garrett is an awful play caller and Morris had more carries than I thought he would.

1 WR to go with Megatron.

D. Thomas. Lots of yards last week. Will they need to throw against Buf?

A. Brown. Play the Rams so no need to pass a lot.

S. Moss. Great matchup against hapless Vikes.

I could sub in another WR over one RB and play 1 RB with 3 WRs if you like the WR choices better.

TE: sticking with Celek over Vernon Davis.

What do you think? TIA and Happy Holidays!

Hey Jeff,

I'm on the fence about my flex, but any other lineup thoughts/advice for the Final would be highly appreciated:

Who do you start (non-PPR, 6 pts all TDs) at Flex?

Starters

QB Newton

RB McCoy

RB Felix

WR Marshall

WR Julio

Flex Feeling Moss at home against 3rd string Vikes secondary, but Spiller's an enigma

TE Finley

Bench

QB Ryan/Tebow

RB Spiller (Forte sadly resting up in a hyperbaric chamber)

WR Holmes, Moore (Andre Johnson - any way to trust his hammies if he returns?)

Thanks for the season-long feedback and enjoy the holidays!

Hi Jeff!Would you lend your opinion here please?My league awards 5 point bonuses for 100 yards rushing or receiving, 6 points for TDs and 9 points for out of position TDs (QB rushing TD, RB receiving TD, WR rushing TD) and finally, a 5 point bonus if the QBs team wins.So here we go:QB: Rodgers. Scared to death of his matchup with Chi. Will they have anything to play for? Missing Jennings, injured linemen. OTOH Chi. is a huge rival and perhaps they will looking to get mojo back heading into playoffs.BUT...I could play Tebow who is very intriguing in our league's scoring system, especially those rushing TDs of his.Nuts to play him over Rodgers?RBs pick 2:Micheal Bush. KC now a serious challenge?Sproles. Great in my league's scroring but last time against Atlanta he had .2 points!Felix Jones. Never scores TDs and I watched that last Dallas game. Garrett is an awful play caller and Morris had more carries than I thought he would.1 WR to go with Megatron.D. Thomas. Lots of yards last week. Will they need to throw against Buf?A. Brown. Play the Rams so no need to pass a lot.S. Moss. Great matchup against hapless Vikes.I could sub in another WR over one RB and play 1 RB with 3 WRs if you like the WR choices better.TE: sticking with Celek over Vernon Davis.What do you think? TIA and Happy Holidays!
I have the same QB choices in a finals this week and will go with Rodgers. In general, I love playing great players coming off bad games. At RB, I love Felix this week. he could have had a monster game last week. Bush vs Sproles is tough, but I think I would go with Sproles since Bush has not played especially well of late.At WR, at least you have good choices. I think it is Moss vs Brown ... leaning Brown with the thought that Pitt bounces back in a big way and he has the best matchup of the group. Good luck and happy holidays to you as well

Hey Jeff,I'm on the fence about my flex, but any other lineup thoughts/advice for the Final would be highly appreciated:Who do you start (non-PPR, 6 pts all TDs) at Flex?StartersQB NewtonRB McCoyRB FelixWR MarshallWR JulioFlex Feeling Moss at home against 3rd string Vikes secondary, but Spiller's an enigmaTE FinleyBenchQB Ryan/TebowRB Spiller (Forte sadly resting up in a hyperbaric chamber)WR Holmes, Moore (Andre Johnson - any way to trust his hammies if he returns?) Thanks for the season-long feedback and enjoy the holidays!
I think I would go with Spiller since he is seeing so many touches with all of the WR injuries. I like Moss, but he has not had huge games lately.Good luck

Hey Jeff-

1/2 point PPR with standard scoring elsewhere.

RB2

Gore @ Seattle

Jackson @ Pitt

Flex

Jordy v. CHI

Brown v. STL

Playing Brees, Foster, Welker and Gronk so I'm gonna need a HR. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread