What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (7 Viewers)

Jeff,Bell,Green/starks, Harper,Ballard.... I like A Green and Ballard mostSmith or Powell in Zona?? PowellHill or Kerley....need to drop one of these. for on of the Rb's.Do you like any of these this year?? Who may be the hot puThanks
I like Kerley more this week and Hill the rest of the season

Dynasty league. Looking to acquire Luck. Have Vick and depth at RB. Luck owner has bad RBs. Standard scoring. Is offering Mendenhall too little? How about Leshoure? Mendenhall and Leshoure? Is Ridley too much? Generally speaking, what would you consider fair value for Luck in Dynasty?
I would start with offering the other owner his/her choice of any of the three rbs. You also might consider offering Vick and something small since the two QBs are producing about the same numbers.

PPR dynasty, I'm deep at RB and need another starting WR. Would you trade Quizz, S. Hill and a bottom first round pick for Britt?
That is a high price, but I would probably do it. You might be trading Hill too soon since he is almost healthy. Can you get a couple of decent prospects thrown in to level the deal?

WDIS....Murray,Green, Ballard,Howling,Hunter...... Which one of these you like best this week and then moving foward. -> MurrayAlready have Charles and Morris plugged in.Drop any of those for Hill? -> not yetD. Moore or Bryant? - > DezMeechem,Heyward-bey,Simpson(disc problem),hill,La-fell............who would you take out of these for one the rest of this year -> HillThanksThanks

'Imagine said:
Hi Jeff, I’m 2-3, and have received a counter offer of McCoy, Welker, and Davis for Bradshaw, Fjax, Lloyd, and Witten. I really like it, in that I get a stud RB in McCoy, and if Welker keeps it up after Hernandez returns, another stud WR in Welker. I also feel like I’m selling Bradshaw at the height of his value, but who knows?I hate to lose Witten, so that’s the drawback. That was his counter offer to add his Davis for my Witten. I guess I could counter with Davis AND Pitta for Witten, along with the rest, but I guess I feel like the good outweighs the bad and I’d hate to lose out on this by haggling over Pitta.Thoughts or suggestions?Thanks again Jeff!This is a 12-team PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, (7 total RB/WR/TE, I usually try to go 3-3-1), 1-2 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 20 player roster. Pass TDs = 4 pts, all others 6. 1 for 10 yards (decimals) rushing or receiving, 20 yards passing, so 5 pts for 100 yards passing.My Team: QB: Vick/7, Luck/4RB: Bradshaw/11, Spiller/8, FJax/8, Turner/7, Reece/5, Andre Brown/11, Stephens-Howling/10, Benson/10 (IR...) WR: Austin/5, Lloyd/9, Burleson/5, Britt/11, Simpson/11 TE: Witten/5, Fasano/7 DEF: Bears/6, Bucs/5 K: Tynes/11His Team: QB: Romo/5, Smith/9RB: McCoy/7, Martin/5, Tate/8, Draughn/7, Joique Bell/5, Gerhart/11, Blount/5WR: Roddy/7, Welker/9, Kerley/9, Hill/9, Hixon/11, Randy Moss/9, Barden/11 TE: Davis/10, Pitta/8 DEF: Pats/9 K: Dawson/10
I love the deal for you. You should be able to make up the TE points at RB/WR. If you are not happy with Davis in a week or so, try to get Bennett or Pitta on the cheap.

Jeff - Alway appreciate any advice you can give.

Dynasty/Contract league. PPR scoring. start QB / 1-2 RB / 2-3 WR / TE::

Current Roster:

QBs: Newton, Rivers

RBs: Peterson, Deangelo Williams, D. Brown, Best, W. Powell, Stephens-Howling, J. Rodgers

WRs: Bryant, Marshall, Nicks, Smith (Car), Blackmon

TEs: Gonzanlez, A. Hernandez

2013 picks: 2 x 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

2014 picks: 4 x 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Doing well but shaking up my roster a bit. Just traded CJ2K for two 2014 1st round picks and D. Williams. Just couldn't take him anymore and seemed like a good deal to get out from under him.

Would you trade a 2014 1st for J. Rodgers for Garcon? It clearly doesn't really fit a need, but thinking it may be good value.

Thoughts?

Thanks again!
I would keep your young guys. If I was to trade a player, it might be Smith. He and Gonzalez are worth something as you turn over your roster, gaining picks and youth. I would keep the picks, as they will gain in value. Plus, one thing to consider, the more firsts you have in any year, they are worth more since you will control the draft

I am off for the night. I think I got to all of the questions. Sorry for the tardiness. Taking my little guy to Batman Live tonight so good luck this week, everyone.

'Imagine said:
Hi Jeff,

I’m 2-3, and have received a counter offer of McCoy, Welker, and Davis for Bradshaw, Fjax, Lloyd, and Witten.

I really like it, in that I get a stud RB in McCoy, and if Welker keeps it up after Hernandez returns, another stud WR in Welker. I also feel like I’m selling Bradshaw at the height of his value, but who knows?

I hate to lose Witten, so that’s the drawback. That was his counter offer to add his Davis for my Witten.

I guess I could counter with Davis AND Pitta for Witten, along with the rest, but I guess I feel like the good outweighs the bad and I’d hate to lose out on this by haggling over Pitta.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks again Jeff!

This is a 12-team PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, (7 total RB/WR/TE, I usually try to go 3-3-1), 1-2 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 20 player roster. Pass TDs = 4 pts, all others 6. 1 for 10 yards (decimals) rushing or receiving, 20 yards passing, so 5 pts for 100 yards passing.

My Team: QB: Vick/7, Luck/4

RB: Bradshaw/11, Spiller/8, FJax/8, Turner/7, Reece/5, Andre Brown/11, Stephens-Howling/10, Benson/10 (IR...)

WR: Austin/5, Lloyd/9, Burleson/5, Britt/11, Simpson/11

TE: Witten/5, Fasano/7 DEF: Bears/6, Bucs/5 K: Tynes/11

His Team: QB: Romo/5, Smith/9

RB: McCoy/7, Martin/5, Tate/8, Draughn/7, Joique Bell/5, Gerhart/11, Blount/5

WR: Roddy/7, Welker/9, Kerley/9, Hill/9, Hixon/11, Randy Moss/9, Barden/11

TE: Davis/10, Pitta/8 DEF: Pats/9 K: Dawson/10
I love the deal for you. You should be able to make up the TE points at RB/WR. If you are not happy with Davis in a week or so, try to get Bennett or Pitta on the cheap.
Hello again Jeff, Thanks, and I did it! Here’s a follow-up question on another possible trade.

I got an offer of Alex Green and Fitz for Spiller and Britt. He’s 3-2, really weak at RB, and Mathews is the guy I’d like to get. I’m assuming he’s made of stronger glass this year!

Would it be worthwhile to offer both Turner and Spiller for Mathews, in some combination?

I like having three “decent” RBs, so McCoy, Spiller, and Turner do that for me now. But is the potential for Mathews good enough that I should offer both of them for Mathews? I really think that he’d take it to boost his RB depth. And potentially Spiller and Turner could both be as good as Mathews.

If Mathews is that good, I’m thinking of offering Spiller, Turner, and Britt for Mathews, Fitzgerald, and Roberts. Mathews has to be trying his patience, and the same with Fitzgerald and the poor Arizona run game that lets defenses concentrate on Fitz. Trades have to be “even numbers” in this league, so if I add a player to balance things out, he needs to add one too. That’s why the Britt and Roberts instead of a straight Spiller/Turner for Mathews/Fitz. But maybe that’s simpler…

Week 7 could be a problem with both McCoy and Mathews off, but it could be smooth sailing after that.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks again Jeff!

This is a 12-team PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, (7 total RB/WR/TE, I usually try to go 3-3-1), 1-2 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 20 player roster. Pass TDs = 4 pts, all others 6. 1 for 10 yards (decimals) rushing or receiving, 25 yards passing.

RB: McCoy/7, Spiller/8, Turner/7, Reece/5, Andre Brown/11, Stephens-Howling/10, Benson/10 (IR...)

WR: Welker/9, Austin/5, Burleson/5, Britt/11, Simpson/11

TE: Pitta/8, Davis/10, Fasano/7 DEF: Bears/6, Bucs/5 K: Tynes/11

His Team: QB: Brees/6, Ben/4

RB: Mathews/7, Powell/10, Alex Green/10, Bolden/9, Hillman/7, Turbin/11, Starks/10

WR: Wallace/4, Fitz/10, Steve Smith Car/6, Roberts/10, Hawkins/8, Baldwin/7, Edelman/9

TE: Finley/10, Keller/9 DEF: Cards/10 K: Hanson/5

Hey Jeff - thanks for the help and in case you are checking before today's lineup deadline:

Couple of questions. Different leagues.

(1) Standard scoring except passing TD's are 4pts. Do I roll with RG3 despite the injury last week, or should I play it safe with Rivers at home on Monday night?

(2) Standard scoring all TD's 6pts. Another RG3 debate this time with Vick? I'm leaning Vick given his matchup at home against Detroit.

(3) .5ppr. Debating my WR2 between Floyd and Dez. Thoughts?

Thanks

Hey Jeff - Another possible trade question.

Current Roster:

RBs: Peterson, Deangelo Williams, D. Brown, Best, W. Powell, Stephens-Howling, J. Rodgers

WRs: Bryant, Marshall, Nicks, Smith (Car), Blackmon, G. Tate

Even though I can go with 1 RB, looking to sure up the position behind Peterson using my depth at WR.

What do you think about this:

I give: W. Powell, Smith (Car)

I get: LeShoure

It makes sense from the standpoint of the other guy has Ryan Williams and I have Best, so we are both hedging our bets.

The question is, going forward would it make sense to trade away my depth at WR to get LeShoure or has Powell shown enough that he may actually have a future and the feature back on the team, since we are talking dynasty here?

Thanks, as always. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jeff,

I’m 2-3, and have received a counter offer of McCoy, Welker, and Davis for Bradshaw, Fjax, Lloyd, and Witten.

I really like it, in that I get a stud RB in McCoy, and if Welker keeps it up after Hernandez returns, another stud WR in Welker. I also feel like I’m selling Bradshaw at the height of his value, but who knows?

I hate to lose Witten, so that’s the drawback. That was his counter offer to add his Davis for my Witten.

I guess I could counter with Davis AND Pitta for Witten, along with the rest, but I guess I feel like the good outweighs the bad and I’d hate to lose out on this by haggling over Pitta.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks again Jeff!

This is a 12-team PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, (7 total RB/WR/TE, I usually try to go 3-3-1), 1-2 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 20 player roster. Pass TDs = 4 pts, all others 6. 1 for 10 yards (decimals) rushing or receiving, 20 yards passing, so 5 pts for 100 yards passing.

RB: Bradshaw/11, Spiller/8, FJax/8, Turner/7, Reece/5, Andre Brown/11, Stephens-Howling/10, Benson/10 (IR...)

WR: Austin/5, Lloyd/9, Burleson/5, Britt/11, Simpson/11

TE: Witten/5, Fasano/7 DEF: Bears/6, Bucs/5 K: Tynes/11

His Team: QB: Romo/5, Smith/9

RB: McCoy/7, Martin/5, Tate/8, Draughn/7, Joique Bell/5, Gerhart/11, Blount/5

WR: Roddy/7, Welker/9, Kerley/9, Hill/9, Hixon/11, Randy Moss/9, Barden/11

TE: Davis/10, Pitta/8 DEF: Pats/9 K: Dawson/10
Hello again Jeff, Thanks, and I did it! Here’s a follow-up question on another possible trade.

I got an offer of Alex Green and Fitz for Spiller and Britt. He’s 3-2, really weak at RB, and Mathews is the guy I’d like to get. I’m assuming he’s made of stronger glass this year!

Would it be worthwhile to offer both Turner and Spiller for Mathews, in some combination?

I like having three “decent” RBs, so McCoy, Spiller, and Turner do that for me now. But is the potential for Mathews good enough that I should offer both of them for Mathews? I really think that he’d take it to boost his RB depth. And potentially Spiller and Turner could both be as good as Mathews.

If Mathews is that good, I’m thinking of offering Spiller, Turner, and Britt for Mathews, Fitzgerald, and Roberts. Mathews has to be trying his patience, and the same with Fitzgerald and the poor Arizona run game that lets defenses concentrate on Fitz. Trades have to be “even numbers” in this league, so if I add a player to balance things out, he needs to add one too. That’s why the Britt and Roberts instead of a straight Spiller/Turner for Mathews/Fitz. But maybe that’s simpler…

Week 7 could be a problem with both McCoy and Mathews off, but it could be smooth sailing after that.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks again Jeff!

This is a 12-team PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, (7 total RB/WR/TE, I usually try to go 3-3-1), 1-2 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 20 player roster. Pass TDs = 4 pts, all others 6. 1 for 10 yards (decimals) rushing or receiving, 25 yards passing.

RB: McCoy/7, Spiller/8, Turner/7, Reece/5, Andre Brown/11, Stephens-Howling/10, Benson/10 (IR...)

WR: Welker/9, Austin/5, Burleson/5, Britt/11, Simpson/11

TE: Pitta/8, Davis/10, Fasano/7 DEF: Bears/6, Bucs/5 K: Tynes/11

His Team: QB: Brees/6, Ben/4

RB: Mathews/7, Powell/10, Alex Green/10, Bolden/9, Hillman/7, Turbin/11, Starks/10

WR: Wallace/4, Fitz/10, Steve Smith Car/6, Roberts/10, Hawkins/8, Baldwin/7, Edelman/9

TE: Finley/10, Keller/9 DEF: Cards/10 K: Hanson/5
I would make that offer, but amend it to include W Powell or Green instead of Roberts just so you have another RB this week.

Hey Jeff - thanks for the help and in case you are checking before today's lineup deadline:Couple of questions. Different leagues.(1) Standard scoring except passing TD's are 4pts. Do I roll with RG3 despite the injury last week, or should I play it safe with Rivers at home on Monday night?(2) Standard scoring all TD's 6pts. Another RG3 debate this time with Vick? I'm leaning Vick given his matchup at home against Detroit. (3) .5ppr. Debating my WR2 between Floyd and Dez. Thoughts?Thanks
Sorry, I did not see this in time

Hey Jeff - Another possible trade question.

Current Roster:

WRs: Bryant, Marshall, Nicks, Smith (Car), Blackmon, G. Tate

Even though I can go with 1 RB, looking to sure up the position behind Peterson using my depth at WR.

What do you think about this:

I give: W. Powell, Smith (Car)

I get: LeShoure

It makes sense from the standpoint of the other guy has Ryan Williams and I have Best, so we are both hedging our bets.

The question is, going forward would it make sense to trade away my depth at WR to get LeShoure or has Powell shown enough that he may actually have a future and the feature back on the team, since we are talking dynasty here?

Thanks, as always. :thumbup:
I would do that deal in a heartbeat. Even if you decide late you do not want Leshoure, he is worth more than the Powell/Smith combo. I traded Leshoure for Dez Bryant two weeks ago. He carries some decent value

Jeff,

Green or Ballard this week in one league?

Is Hill a good flex play this week?

Roberts or Hill?

How do you see Goodson going foward....and would you drop Bolden for him possibly?

Allen a good one week play for Bi week te?

Thanks

Jeff,Green or Ballard this week in one league? - I think GreenIs Hill a good flex play this week? -> I think so and hope for shootout with NE PatriotsRoberts or Hill? -> Hill with Skelton at QB for AZHow do you see Goodson going foward....and would you drop Bolden for him possibly? -> Keep Bolden depending on his healthAllen a good one week play for Bi week te? -> I like others betterThanks

Jeff,Green or Ballard this week in one league? - I think GreenIs Hill a good flex play this week? -> I think so and hope for shootout with NE PatriotsRoberts or Hill? -> Hill with Skelton at QB for AZHow do you see Goodson going foward....and would you drop Bolden for him possibly? -> Keep Bolden depending on his healthAllen a good one week play for Bi week te? -> I like others betterThanks
Ok....well I need to find someone who for sure would be out there at te for just this week/////Olsen,Cumberland maybe...but want know til saturday.Bell,Goodson, or Best......Which one of these might you keep?Bennet or Rudolph this week?D. moore vs Hill this week?Thanks Jeff!

Jeff, Who do you like better as my last starter this week...no PPR...

DMoore vs Jax

TSmith @ Hou

Different league...touchdown heavy scoring, 1/2 PPR...need to play 2 out of these three...

BLloyd vs NYJ

JGibson @ Indy

SChandler vs Tenn

Thanks for help!

Hey Jeff (and everybody else) -

I really like my team in general, but Garcon's injury has me a bit thin at WR. My league is a bit unique as we start 3RBs and 4WRs. RBs get 1pt @80yds rushing and 1 pt/10yds there after with a 2pt bonus at 100. RBs get a 3pt bonus at 50 yards receiving. WRs get 1pt @80yds receiving and 1 pt/10yds there after with a 2pt bonus at 100. WRs get a 3pt bonus at 50 yards rushing.

Current Roster:

RBs: Charles, Sproels, Morris, Martin, Sjax

WRs: Calvin, Cruz, Avery, Gordon, Roberts, Givens, Hawkins, Garcon (as you can see I keep trying to find a waiver-wire hit).

I'm currently offered the following deal:

Maclin - Vincent Brown - David Wilson

FOR

Martin - Hawkins - Roberts

Thoughts? I really hate to give up martin when his schedule is so easy down the stretch (and gets saints in the playoffs) just as he seems to be starting to perform more along the lines of his draft status.

Make the move, or keep the RB depth and hope a waiver WR hits?

Thoughts on what I should do with my team? Sitting 4-2, but I'd like another #1/#2 RB as I expect Gore to slow down as the season progresses.

10 team redraft yahoo league, non-ppr scoring, start QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2 Flex, K, D

QB: Matt Ryan, Big Ben

RB: Forte, Gore, Mendenhall, Leshoure, Alex Green, DeAngelo Williams

WR: Megatron, Julio Jones, AJ Green, Dez, James Jones

K: Legatron

D: Seattle and Arizona D

Ok....well I need to find someone who for sure would be out there at te for just this week/////Olsen,Cumberland maybe...but want know til saturday. I like Olsen okBell,Goodson, or Best......Which one of these might you keep?-> Goodson or Bell given injury histories of McFadden/Leshoure. Bennet or Rudolph this week? -> Bennett (hunch)D. moore vs Hill this week? -> Like Denarius more and more each week as he is healthyThanks Jeff!

Jeff, Who do you like better as my last starter this week...no PPR...DMoore vs Jax TSmith @ Hou Like both a lot, but may trent toward Moore. Both should be Top 15 WRs this week.Different league...touchdown heavy scoring, 1/2 PPR...need to play 2 out of these three...BLloyd vs NYJJGibson @ IndySChandler vs TennThanks for help!
I think you have to go with Lloyd even though he has disappointed of late. Also, I really like Josh Gordon against Cleve. Chandler has a chance to score but iffy this week

Hey Jeff (and everybody else) - I really like my team in general, but Garcon's injury has me a bit thin at WR. My league is a bit unique as we start 3RBs and 4WRs. RBs get 1pt @80yds rushing and 1 pt/10yds there after with a 2pt bonus at 100. RBs get a 3pt bonus at 50 yards receiving. WRs get 1pt @80yds receiving and 1 pt/10yds there after with a 2pt bonus at 100. WRs get a 3pt bonus at 50 yards rushing.Current Roster:RBs: Charles, Sproels, Morris, Martin, SjaxWRs: Calvin, Cruz, Avery, Gordon, Roberts, Givens, Hawkins, Garcon (as you can see I keep trying to find a waiver-wire hit).I'm currently offered the following deal:Maclin - Vincent Brown - David WilsonFORMartin - Hawkins - RobertsThoughts? I really hate to give up martin when his schedule is so easy down the stretch (and gets saints in the playoffs) just as he seems to be starting to perform more along the lines of his draft status.Make the move, or keep the RB depth and hope a waiver WR hits?
Since Maclin is on bye, I think you hold off and go with Gordon. This would give you one more week for Garcon updates. I have not heard anything in the last day or two on Garcon. If you are anxious about WR, you might look to package SJax and a WR (Roberts) for a WR upgrade to start for a few games.

Thoughts on what I should do with my team? Sitting 4-2, but I'd like another #1/#2 RB as I expect Gore to slow down as the season progresses.10 team redraft yahoo league, non-ppr scoring, start QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2 Flex, K, DQB: Matt Ryan, Big BenRB: Forte, Gore, Mendenhall, Leshoure, Alex Green, DeAngelo WilliamsWR: Megatron, Julio Jones, AJ Green, Dez, James JonesK: LegatronD: Seattle and Arizona D
Can you move DWill for Hunter? Another option would be to package Gore and James Jones for a RB like Murray and wait until he is healthy. You could use the same package for possibly Lynch, Fred Jackson (or Spiller), MJD, or any RB who has disappointed of late. You have the depth to wait a couple of weeks for the rebound.

Hey Jeff - few start/sit questions this week:

(1) Standard scoring except .5ppr - Cook or Bennett?

(2) Standard scoring - pick two out of Denarious Moore, Mike Williams, and Brandon Lloyd.

Thanks for the help.

Hey Jeff - few start/sit questions this week:(1) Standard scoring except .5ppr - Cook or Bennett? ->>> I think Bennett given how poorly Was pass defense has played(2) Standard scoring - pick two out of Denarious Moore, Mike Williams, and Brandon Lloyd. >>> I like Moore and Williams due to matchups ... but close with Williams/LloydThanks for the help.

1) Would you start Stephen Hill @ NE or Darryl Richardson vs GB- non ppr

2) I need 3 rbs from this group Steven Ridley vs NYJ, Fred Jackson vs TEN, CJ Spiller vs TEN, Felix Jones @ CAR, Vick Ballard vs CLE non ppr

3) Pick one in non ppr - Torrey Smith @ HOU, Randall Cobb @ STL, Lance Moore @ TB

4) Pick one in non PPR Greg Olsen vs DAL or Donnie Avery vs CLE

Thanks

ppr, I can only start two of four, Andre Johnson, Chris Johnson, Denarius Moore and Steve Smith. I'm basically eliminating Smith because of Cams struggles and Rob Ryan's Defenses ability to shut down the opposing teams top wideout. I'm feeling Andre and Denarius, but Chris looked like he was trying last week and has had a mini bye week to prepare for the Bills who have a terrible run d thus far. Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Hey Jeff-

EDIT: My back was against the wall on timing and I pulled the trigger. I think it's a good deal.

12 Team ,PPR/Return Auction Keeper league.

The offer was:

Brandon Marshall, Reggie Bush, Donald Brown

for

Ray Rice, Kenny Britt, Mike Williams

Start QB - 2RB - 2WR - TE - Flex

Team after:

QB - Stafford

RB - Foster, DMC, Rice, Tate

WR - Fitz, Britt, DMoore, Cobb, MWilliams

TE - Graham, Rudolph

That WR2 decision each week is going to kill me but all are serviceable. Fitzgerald isn't necassarily a high end WR1 anymore.

NOW, I'm lookingto sure up that WR2 spot. I've offered Rudolph and Moore for Demaryius Thomas. The counter is Graham and Moore for Thomas and Tamme/Chandler. I'm not that into it but really could start Rudolph. What do you think?

Look forward to your thoughts.

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi Jeff..

Before I get into my thoughts, here is my roster in a 12-team 1pt. PPR league (otherwise standard scoring):

QB: Rivers, Freeman

RB: Peterson, Gore, Mathews, Alex Green

WR: Megatron, Wayne, Austin, Lance Moore

TE: Witten, Rudolph

K: Walsh

D/ST: Seattle Seahawks

Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1Flex (R/W/T), TE, K, D/ST

I just acquired Mathews, so I am between him and Austin weekly at my flex position, and I have been starting Rudolph at TE until recent weeks as well.

Two questions I would like a second opinion on going forward...

(1) Obviously weak at quarterback, Rivers and SD have a seemingly easy schedule for the rest of the season, but I am not sure how much faith I have in that offense as a whole. Do I try to flip some RB/WR depth for an upgrade at QB? If so, who would you target, at what price?

(2) I'm a Detroit homer, but starting to worry about Calvin's production. I drafted him in the first round and he has not lived up to my expectations thus far. Clearly, he can turn it around at any given second, but are for selling him, should I get good value?

Thanks for your input, looking forward to your thoughts!

-Philip

Jeff,

In panic mode after MJD went down. I have been winning with virtually one RB all season but now my one RB is Chris Johnson which makes me nervous.

Anyhow, a league-mate has posted that he is willing to deal. I was considering offering AJ Green for R.Mathews.

Am I giving up too much?

Do you see something I don't?

He did swipe up Jennings.

Should I stand pat...?

Thanks again!

Start QBs,RB,RB,WR,WR,TE,k,d/st

1pt per 10 yds

10 pts per TD run,rec

My Team

R Griffin III

C Johnson

V Ballard

S Vereen

P Thomas

M Jones-Drew

P Tanner

V Cruz

J Kerley

A.J. Green

P Garcon

A Hernandez

L Tynes

Packers

His team

M Stafford

F Jones

M Forte

A Green

T Gerhart

R Mathews

R Jennings

M Bush

H Nicks

W Welker

A Brown

K Rudolph

S Janikowski

Seahawks

Jeff,

Jennings, Ballard, or Green this week?

D.MOore or Hill this week?

Thomas,Fasano,Fleener,Dreesen.....looking for bye week filler

Thanks

Hey Jeff - PPR Dynasty/contract legue

What sort of rookie/FA draft pick would you give for Stewart.

I have 2 x 2013 1sts and 4 x 2014 1sts.

Thinking about offering a 2013 1st for J. Stewart. The (little) rub is that his fantasy contract is up after the season so I'd hay to pay (real money!) to resign him or let him go after the year.

I'm thinking it's a worthwhile risk.

Thoughts?

Jeff,

Lots of good options this week...need to start any four of these in standard scoring, non PPR league...

ADP vs TB

JCharles vs Oak

RJennings @ GB

BMarshall vs Car

Harvin vs TB

Bowe vs Oak

Need to know before thurs kickoff (for ADP and Harvin). Thanks!

Jeff - thanks for the help last week. Start/sit for week 8.

(1) standard scoring except bonus after 5 catches (ppr) and for long TD: Marshall WR1; pick two among Britt, Williams, Maclin and Lloyd.

(2) standard scoring, .5 ppr: Ridley or Lynch at RB2

Thanks again

Hey Jeff-

EDIT: My back was against the wall on timing and I pulled the trigger. I think it's a good deal.

12 Team ,PPR/Return Auction Keeper league.

The offer was:

Brandon Marshall, Reggie Bush, Donald Brown

for

Ray Rice, Kenny Britt, Mike Williams

Start QB - 2RB - 2WR - TE - Flex

Team after:

QB - Stafford

RB - Foster, DMC, Rice, Tate

WR - Fitz, Britt, DMoore, Cobb, MWilliams

TE - Graham, Rudolph

That WR2 decision each week is going to kill me but all are serviceable. Fitzgerald isn't necassarily a high end WR1 anymore.

NOW, I'm lookingto sure up that WR2 spot. I've offered Rudolph and Moore for Demaryius Thomas. The counter is Graham and Moore for Thomas and Tamme/Chandler. I'm not that into it but really could start Rudolph. What do you think?

Look forward to your thoughts.

Thanks,

Kevin
I like the deal to acquire Rice, especially in a keeper league. I do not like you giving Graham in that deal. I think I would look to package Cobb (depending on keeper rules) and Rudolph for a Top 12-15 WR

Hi Jeff..

Before I get into my thoughts, here is my roster in a 12-team 1pt. PPR league (otherwise standard scoring):

QB: Rivers, Freeman

RB: Peterson, Gore, Mathews, Alex Green

WR: Megatron, Wayne, Austin, Lance Moore

TE: Witten, Rudolph

K: Walsh

D/ST: Seattle Seahawks

Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1Flex (R/W/T), TE, K, D/ST

I just acquired Mathews, so I am between him and Austin weekly at my flex position, and I have been starting Rudolph at TE until recent weeks as well.

Two questions I would like a second opinion on going forward...

(1) Obviously weak at quarterback, Rivers and SD have a seemingly easy schedule for the rest of the season, but I am not sure how much faith I have in that offense as a whole. Do I try to flip some RB/WR depth for an upgrade at QB? If so, who would you target, at what price? - I have been high on Rivers, but think I would look to trade Freeman and Lance Moore for a QB like Vick and then play matchups

(2) I'm a Detroit homer, but starting to worry about Calvin's production. I drafted him in the first round and he has not lived up to my expectations thus far. Clearly, he can turn it around at any given second, but are for selling him, should I get good value? I think you can sell him but would want a top WR like Green, Julio, etc in return. His issues have been due to Stafford, imo, so there is hope Stafford can snap out of it

Thanks for your input, looking forward to your thoughts!

-Philip

Jeff,In panic mode after MJD went down. I have been winning with virtually one RB all season but now my one RB is Chris Johnson which makes me nervous.Anyhow, a league-mate has posted that he is willing to deal. I was considering offering AJ Green for R.Mathews. Am I giving up too much? Do you see something I don't? He did swipe up Jennings. Should I stand pat...? Thanks again!Start QBs,RB,RB,WR,WR,TE,k,d/st1pt per 10 yds10 pts per TD run,recMy TeamR Griffin IIIC JohnsonV BallardS VereenP ThomasM Jones-DrewP TannerV CruzJ KerleyA.J. GreenP GarconA HernandezL TynesPackersHis teamM StaffordF JonesM ForteA GreenT GerhartR MathewsR JenningsM BushH NicksW WelkerA BrownK RudolphS JanikowskiSeahawks
I think I would either hold tight with Johnson or offer Kerley for Jennings.

Hey Jeff - PPR Dynasty/contract legueWhat sort of rookie/FA draft pick would you give for Stewart.I have 2 x 2013 1sts and 4 x 2014 1sts.Thinking about offering a 2013 1st for J. Stewart. The (little) rub is that his fantasy contract is up after the season so I'd hay to pay (real money!) to resign him or let him go after the year.I'm thinking it's a worthwhile risk.Thoughts?
I am anti-Stewart given the situation. I do not think he is worth a first round pick. Plus those picks will go up in value over the next few months. This is the time of year to acquire the future 1sts, not sell them

'Foureyes said:
Jeff,

Lots of good options this week...need to start any four of these in standard scoring, non PPR league...

ADP vs TB

JCharles vs Oak

RJennings @ GB

BMarshall vs Car

Harvin vs TBBowe vs Oak

Need to know before thurs kickoff (for ADP and Harvin). Thanks!

'whodatsaints said:
Jeff - thanks for the help last week. Start/sit for week 8.

(1) standard scoring except bonus after 5 catches (ppr) and for long TD: Marshall WR1; pick two among Britt, Williams, Maclin and Lloyd.

(2) standard scoring, .5 ppr: Ridley or Lynch at RB2

Thanks again

'RAZRr1275 said:
A couple of QB questions1) Vick vs ATL or Freeman @ MIN? -> Like Vick versus former teaam2) Matt Ryan @ PHI or Luck @ TEN? -> While Tennessee is a sieve on defense, I would go with better QB in better offense

Hi Jeff,

I’ve got another trade idea that I’d appreciate your perspective on. I lost Burleson and Fred Davis this week, got Broyles and Fasano off the WW, and I’m trying to strengthen my lineup for the rest of the year.

What about my Vick OR Luck, Spiller, Turner, and Broyles, for his Cutler (or maybe Ponder/Weeden?), Charles, Wells, and Thomas?

(Edited to add: What if I simplified it to just Spiller and Turner for Charles and Thomas? Do you like that better?)

I’d get Jamaal Charles and Demaryius Thomas, potentially an upgrade over Spiller and Turner. I’d also get Chris Wells as a backup whenever he returns, and lose a bit of depth at QB since I’ll lose either Vick or Luck, and will get Cutler (or Ponder or Weeden?) back.

I’m assuming that Charles is the real deal, and along with McCoy, that would be a nice starting RB pair. And then since we can start 4 WRs, I’d have Welker, Thomas, Austin, and Britt/Simpson.

We’re both 3-4, so I’m treading water hard and hoping to start the win machine rolling!

1. Overall, is Charles the real deal, and worth trading for?

2. Does this trade make sense and improve my team?

3. Do you like Cutler, Ponder, or Weeden in return, and if you could choose, would you keep Luck or Vick?

Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks again Jeff!

RB: McCoy/7, Spiller/8, Turner/7, Reece/5, Woodhead/9, Andre Brown/11, Bryce Brown/7 (for McCoy), Tanner/5 (lottery)

WR: Welker/9, Austin/5, Britt/11, Broyles/5, Simpson/11

TE: Pitta/8, Fasano/7 DEF: Bears/6, Bucs/5 K: Suisham/4

His Team: QB: Cutler/6, Ponder/11, Weeden/10

RB: Charles/7, Richardson/10, Chris Wells/10

WR: Calvin/5, Dem Thomas/7, Malcom Floyd/7, Boldin/8, LaFell/6, Shorts/6, Golden Tate/11, Meachem/7, Donald Jones/8

TE: Pettigrew/5, Myers/5 DEF: Packers/10, Broncos/7 K: Akers/9

Users who are viewing this thread