What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (2 Viewers)

PPR, 5 pts if any of these players scores a 50 yard td1 PT PER 20 pr yards for Sproles (Normally gets 2 points extra) If he scores its 11 points...Need one, I'm playing the best team so my lineup and his is posted.Sproles @ NYGMoreno @ OaklandJennings vs DETMy lineupRodgersMartinMarshallAndre Johnson____________Jimmy GrahamGraham (Hou Kicker)SeattleMy opponent is stackedDaltonRichardsonWayneAJ GreenDez BryantPettigrewGouldHoustonDoes my matchup dicate who to play?

Jeff - thanks for the help this season. Playoffs start this week.

A couple of start/sit questions. Standard scoring except bonuses for long touchdowns.

(1) Need two WR out of Denario Alexander, Mike Williams, Josh Gordan, or Givens. Starting behind Marshall. -> Gordon barely over Williams.

(2) Need two RB out of Foster, Martin, and Charles. Leaning Foster and Martin, but both let me down last week. -> FBG has Martin RB1 and Foster RB4 this week with Charles RB10. I would be inclined to agree

(3) Team D - NE, Houston, or NJ against Jville? Could also pick up Buffalo v. SL. Rolled with the Texans and the Pats all season, but I expect some points scored next weekend. -> I might risk Buffalo given the weather (just checked) 50% change of rain and high of 38 degrees for the dome team

Thanks for the help.
Quick follow-up. Meyers goose egg last night put some pressure on me in the first round of my big money league. Start 3 WR; standard scoring except ppr after 5 catches, and bonus for long TD's. I'm starting Brandon Marshall. I need high upside among my next two WR spots. Who do you like among Danario, Givens, Gordon, and Tampa Mike?

I'm actually leanving Givens and Gordon at this point, but wonder if that's too much risk/reward. Danario has been great, but I'm nervous of SD, and Rivers, on the road against Pitt. Mike Williams really has only one good game out of the last several. Somewhat inconsistent.

Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks
Williams is only one dislike. other three are close. if amendola is out given could be very good again, but check buffalo weather

Jeff - thanks for the help this season. Playoffs start this week.

A couple of start/sit questions. Standard scoring except bonuses for long touchdowns.

(1) Need two WR out of Denario Alexander, Mike Williams, Josh Gordan, or Givens. Starting behind Marshall. -> Gordon barely over Williams.

(2) Need two RB out of Foster, Martin, and Charles. Leaning Foster and Martin, but both let me down last week. -> FBG has Martin RB1 and Foster RB4 this week with Charles RB10. I would be inclined to agree

(3) Team D - NE, Houston, or NJ against Jville? Could also pick up Buffalo v. SL. Rolled with the Texans and the Pats all season, but I expect some points scored next weekend. -> I might risk Buffalo given the weather (just checked) 50% change of rain and high of 38 degrees for the dome team

Thanks for the help.
Quick follow-up. Meyers goose egg last night put some pressure on me in the first round of my big money league. Start 3 WR; standard scoring except ppr after 5 catches, and bonus for long TD's. I'm starting Brandon Marshall. I need high upside among my next two WR spots. Who do you like among Danario, Givens, Gordon, and Tampa Mike?

I'm actually leanving Givens and Gordon at this point, but wonder if that's too much risk/reward. Danario has been great, but I'm nervous of SD, and Rivers, on the road against Pitt. Mike Williams really has only one good game out of the last several. Somewhat inconsistent.

Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks
Williams is only one dislike. other three are close. if amendola is out given could be very good again, but check buffalo weather

Thanks, Jeff. Moving on to the semis. Start/sit questions for this week.

(1) Foster or JCharles? Pairing with Martin. I like Foster's matchup, but his production has just been okay the last several weeks. I don't want to get cute, but Charles has played well. Thoughts? It's ppr after 5 receptions. Bonus for long TD's.

(2) Going with Danario and Marshall. Need one more among Gordon, Maclin, Lloyd, Antonio Brown, and Givens. Who do you like this week?

(3) Team D - Jets v. Tenn; NE v. SF; or Hou. v. Indy? Leaning Jets again.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jeff,

Lots of questions heading into the Semi's...

Scoring:

1 pt per REC

1 pt per 10 rush/rec yards

1 pt per 20 Pass yards

1 pt per 30 return yards

6 pts for all TDs

-2 pts for fumbles and INTs

-2 additional points if it's a pick six

-0.5 pts per sack

I'm thinking of going with this lineup

QB: Big Ben (@ Dallas)

RB: Darren Sproles (vs TB), David Wilson (@ ATL)

WR: Brandon Marshall (vs GB), Pierre Garcon (@ Cle)

TE: Gresham (@ Phi)

K: Jason Hansen (@ Ari)

DEF: Detroit (@ Ari)

Bench:

QB: Schuab (vs Ind)

RB: Chris Johnson (vs NYJ), Darren McFadden (vs KC)

WR: Steve Johnson (vs SEA), Josh Gordon (vs Washington)

TE: Pettigrew (@ Ari)

Questions:

RB: CJ has been in a steady decline but the Jets have been giving up a lot of fantasy points to opposing RBs, and McFadden could be one bad cut away from sitting out the majority of the game but he gets the Chiefs at home and he hasn't had a breakout game yet all season. Darren Sproles does his best work when NO is losing, and it looks like the defense has mailed it in for the rest of the year so they should be playing from behind vs TB. And then there is David Wilson, if Bradshaw isn't going to play on Sunday, I think I have to start Wilson and maybe I have to start him even if Bradshaw plays. The problem is I can only start 2 of these guys.

Which 2 would you start?

WR: Marshall has been an absolute beast all year...except for one game...against GB. And that's who he faces this week. Although I don't think Woodson or Mathews is going to play, so that definitely changes the equation. Pierre Garcon has been a beast since he returned from his foot injury, he is probably going to draw Joe Haden, and if RG3 doesn't go is that enough to bench Garcon for Gordon or Stevie?

Which 2 would you start?

Thanks as always Jeff,

-Eric

Jeff,

First team standard scoring

Need Three: Morris,Charles,Murray,Moreno,Wilson.

Need Two....lost Bryant maybe so pick from: Avant,DHB,Wright,Cooper, Givens,Shorts,D.Moore(might be a sleeper on the wire)

PPR league:

Kapernik,Palmer, or Rivers this week

Figure starting Charles and Spiller but need one of these for flex: Sproles,L.moore,Givens,or Wilson

Gonzalez or Lewis.....will the falcons shut it down this week or next?

Browns or Bengals

Patriots or Dolphins

Thanks Jeff....big games this week

Thanks

Hey Jeff - thanks again for your help this season. A few more start/sit questions in another league. Standard scoring except .5ppr.

(1) Rolled with RGIII, but obviously concerned about the knee. My backup is Dalton, who starts Thursday. If I wait on Griffin and he doesn't start, I'll be hitting the waiver wire - likely Rivers. Should I start Dalton or wait to find out about RGIII? Love those Thursday games. :wall:

(2) Pick two among Charles, Rice, and Lynch. Leaning JC and Rice, but Lynch is tempting. Who do you like this week?

(3) Pick one among Gresham, Bennett, Myers, or Pitta? Leaning JGresham.

Thanks for the help.

'whodatsaints said:
Thanks, Jeff. Moving on to the semis. Start/sit questions for this week.(1) Foster or JCharles? Pairing with Martin. I like Foster's matchup, but his production has just been okay the last several weeks. I don't want to get cute, but Charles has played well. Thoughts? It's ppr after 5 receptions. Bonus for long TD's. I do not think I could bench Foster. (2) Going with Danario and Marshall. Need one more among Gordon, Maclin, Lloyd, Antonio Brown, and Givens. Who do you like this week? I think Gordon. The others are not huge targets in the offense(3) Team D - Jets v. Tenn; NE v. SF; or Hou. v. Indy? Leaning Jets again. Jets with HOU secondThanks for the help.

Jeff,

First team standard scoring

Need Three: Morris,Charles,Murray,Moreno,Wilson.

Need Two....lost Bryant maybe so pick from: Avant,DHB,Wright,Cooper, Givens,Shorts,D.Moore(might be a sleeper on the wire) Play Bryant and Shorts. If one is out, go with Moore

PPR league:

Kapernik,Palmer, or Rivers this week Kaepernick

Figure starting Charles and Spiller but need one of these for flex: Sproles,L.moore,Givens,or Wilson Sproles now that he is getting carries

Gonzalez or Lewis.....will the falcons shut it down this week or next? Gonzo after the loss last week

Browns or Bengals -> Bengals

Patriots or Dolphins -> Patriots

Thanks Jeff....big games this week

Thanks

'whodatsaints said:
Hey Jeff - thanks again for your help this season. A few more start/sit questions in another league. Standard scoring except .5ppr. (1) Rolled with RGIII, but obviously concerned about the knee. My backup is Dalton, who starts Thursday. If I wait on Griffin and he doesn't start, I'll be hitting the waiver wire - likely Rivers. Should I start Dalton or wait to find out about RGIII? Love those Thursday games. :wall: I would go with Griffin and pick up Cousins as insurance(2) Pick two among Charles, Rice, and Lynch. Leaning JC and Rice, but Lynch is tempting. Who do you like this week? Rice for sure and Lynch slightly over Charles(3) Pick one among Gresham, Bennett, Myers, or Pitta? Leaning JGresham. Myers ... have to hope for rebound. Thanks for the help.

'zspikes68 said:
Hey Jeff,Lots of questions heading into the Semi's...Scoring:1 pt per REC1 pt per 10 rush/rec yards1 pt per 20 Pass yards1 pt per 30 return yards6 pts for all TDs-2 pts for fumbles and INTs-2 additional points if it's a pick six-0.5 pts per sack I'm thinking of going with this lineupQB: Big Ben (@ Dallas)RB: Darren Sproles (vs TB), David Wilson (@ ATL)WR: Brandon Marshall (vs GB), Pierre Garcon (@ Cle)TE: Gresham (@ Phi)K: Jason Hansen (@ Ari)DEF: Detroit (@ Ari)Bench:QB: Schuab (vs Ind)RB: Chris Johnson (vs NYJ), Darren McFadden (vs KC)WR: Steve Johnson (vs SEA), Josh Gordon (vs Washington)TE: Pettigrew (@ Ari)Questions:RB: CJ has been in a steady decline but the Jets have been giving up a lot of fantasy points to opposing RBs, and McFadden could be one bad cut away from sitting out the majority of the game but he gets the Chiefs at home and he hasn't had a breakout game yet all season. Darren Sproles does his best work when NO is losing, and it looks like the defense has mailed it in for the rest of the year so they should be playing from behind vs TB. And then there is David Wilson, if Bradshaw isn't going to play on Sunday, I think I have to start Wilson and maybe I have to start him even if Bradshaw plays. The problem is I can only start 2 of these guys. Which 2 would you start? ->>>>> Be afraid of the Tampa defense for Sproles, unless banking on receptions. I still would go with he and McFadden (if he is healthy)WR: Marshall has been an absolute beast all year...except for one game...against GB. And that's who he faces this week. Although I don't think Woodson or Mathews is going to play, so that definitely changes the equation. Pierre Garcon has been a beast since he returned from his foot injury, he is probably going to draw Joe Haden, and if RG3 doesn't go is that enough to bench Garcon for Gordon or Stevie?Which 2 would you start? Marshall and Garcon. Only worry - for me - on Garcon is that we do not know what to expect if Cousins plays. Still would go with Garcon, but more unknown. Thanks as always Jeff,-Eric

Jeff,

PPR league, 10yds rec/rush= 1 pt and 25 ret yds= 1 pt 20 pass yds=1 pt all TDs = 6 pts

For WRs I need 2 of the following: D Alexander, Givens, Avant, Durham, Bryant (if he plays)or Fitzgerald.

TE Gresham or does Davis come alive in a good match up?

QB Matty Ice or Dalton?

Playing the top scoring team this season and if I win, I'm in the Championship game.

Thanks,

Shawn

So If Bradshaw doesn't suit up, do you recommend David Wilson and McFadden or Wilson and Sproles?Decisions, decisions, decisions...This is what I'm up against this week...QB: RG3RB: Ray Rice, Doug MartinWR: Andre Johnson, Wes WelkerTE: Greg OlsenK: Justin TuckerDEF: Seattle

'zspikes68 said:
Hey Jeff,Lots of questions heading into the Semi's...Scoring:1 pt per REC1 pt per 10 rush/rec yards1 pt per 20 Pass yards1 pt per 30 return yards6 pts for all TDs-2 pts for fumbles and INTs-2 additional points if it's a pick six-0.5 pts per sack I'm thinking of going with this lineupQB: Big Ben (@ Dallas)RB: Darren Sproles (vs TB), David Wilson (@ ATL)WR: Brandon Marshall (vs GB), Pierre Garcon (@ Cle)TE: Gresham (@ Phi)K: Jason Hansen (@ Ari)DEF: Detroit (@ Ari)Bench:QB: Schuab (vs Ind)RB: Chris Johnson (vs NYJ), Darren McFadden (vs KC)WR: Steve Johnson (vs SEA), Josh Gordon (vs Washington)TE: Pettigrew (@ Ari)Questions:RB: CJ has been in a steady decline but the Jets have been giving up a lot of fantasy points to opposing RBs, and McFadden could be one bad cut away from sitting out the majority of the game but he gets the Chiefs at home and he hasn't had a breakout game yet all season. Darren Sproles does his best work when NO is losing, and it looks like the defense has mailed it in for the rest of the year so they should be playing from behind vs TB. And then there is David Wilson, if Bradshaw isn't going to play on Sunday, I think I have to start Wilson and maybe I have to start him even if Bradshaw plays. The problem is I can only start 2 of these guys. Which 2 would you start? ->>>>> Be afraid of the Tampa defense for Sproles, unless banking on receptions. I still would go with he and McFadden (if he is healthy)WR: Marshall has been an absolute beast all year...except for one game...against GB. And that's who he faces this week. Although I don't think Woodson or Mathews is going to play, so that definitely changes the equation. Pierre Garcon has been a beast since he returned from his foot injury, he is probably going to draw Joe Haden, and if RG3 doesn't go is that enough to bench Garcon for Gordon or Stevie?Which 2 would you start? Marshall and Garcon. Only worry - for me - on Garcon is that we do not know what to expect if Cousins plays. Still would go with Garcon, but more unknown. Thanks as always Jeff,-Eric

Jeff,

Bennet or Myers this week?

Bench Sproles for Wilson in a ppr league

Play Wilson over Murray or Morris in a regular scoring league?

Thanks

Hey Jeff,

0.5 PPR, 1pt/10 yds receiving and rushing, 6 pts/TD.

Pick 3:

Marques Colston

Stevie Johnson

Kenny Britt

Cecil Shorts

Greg Jennings

Larry Fitzgerald

At this point, I'm thinking Colston, Shorts, and Britt.

At RB, I have:

Trent Richardson

Alfred Morris

Reggie Bush

Mikel Leshoure

I've been riding T-Rich and Morris, but are RGIII's injury concerns enough to bench Morris for someone else?

Thanks

I am thinking McFadden if he plays, but close

So If Bradshaw doesn't suit up, do you recommend David Wilson and McFadden or Wilson and Sproles?Decisions, decisions, decisions...This is what I'm up against this week...QB: RG3RB: Ray Rice, Doug MartinWR: Andre Johnson, Wes WelkerTE: Greg OlsenK: Justin TuckerDEF: Seattle

Jeff,PPR league, 10yds rec/rush= 1 pt and 25 ret yds= 1 pt 20 pass yds=1 pt all TDs = 6 ptsFor WRs I need 2 of the following: D Alexander, Givens, Avant, Durham, Bryant (if he plays)or Fitzgerald.TE Gresham or does Davis come alive in a good match up?QB Matty Ice or Dalton?Playing the top scoring team this season and if I win, I'm in the Championship game.Thanks,Shawn
Hey Shawn, sorry I missed this .. would have said Ryan at QB; Alexander and Bryant; Gresham Good luck

Hey Jeff,

0.5 PPR, 1pt/10 yds receiving and rushing, 6 pts/TD.

Pick 3:

Marques Colston

Stevie Johnson

Kenny Britt

Cecil Shorts

Greg Jennings

Larry Fitzgerald

At this point, I'm thinking Colston, Shorts, and Britt. Love the Saints receivers vs TB and do not like Tenn since NYJ do not give up points to WRs

At RB, I have:

Trent Richardson

Alfred Morris

Reggie Bush

Mikel Leshoure

I've been riding T-Rich and Morris, but are RGIII's injury concerns enough to bench Morris for someone else? Think you have to dance with who brought you

Thanks
Good luck

Standard scoring league more points on touchdowns, etc,.

Defense: rams or bears

Wide receiver need 3: Cobb garcon amendola britt blackmon Tate

TE need 1: schaffler , Bennett , Heath miller

Need help thanx in advance.

Standard scoring league more points on touchdowns, etc,.Defense: rams or bearsWide receiver need 3: Cobb garcon amendola britt blackmon Tate TE need 1: schaffler , Bennett , Heath millerNeed help thanx in advance.
Welcome to Footballguys.I like the Rams defense this week and am afraid of Chicago vs GB without Urlacher.Cobb, Garcon, AmendolaScheffler, Miller second choice

Jeff,

TE's this week

ONe team Gonzalez ppr....good as long as he's playing or Lewis maybe

Reg Scoring: Myers not good lately or Celek,Bennet,Clark,Allen,Scheffler.

Kaepernik over Palmer or RG111(may not play

Thanks,

Rob

Who would you start between A. Dalton and C. Kaepernick. I have been starting Dalton all year so don't really know if I want to switch for this one game. If it matters here is the rest of my starting lineup.

F. Gore, M. Lynch, A. Johnson, AJ Green, K. Britt, J. Witten, T. Gonzalez, J. Hanson, SF Def

PPR 1pt for RB's & WR's & 1.5 pts for TE's

4pts for passing TD's and 6 pts for rushing TD's

'Packers4ever said:
Who would you start between A. Dalton and C. Kaepernick. I have been starting Dalton all year so don't really know if I want to switch for this one game. If it matters here is the rest of my starting lineup.F. Gore, M. Lynch, A. Johnson, AJ Green, K. Britt, J. Witten, T. Gonzalez, J. Hanson, SF DefPPR 1pt for RB's & WR's & 1.5 pts for TE's4pts for passing TD's and 6 pts for rushing TD's
I started Dalton over Kaepernick last week and it cost me ... so I would likely go with Kaepernick, even with the tough matchup.

'snowfootball said:
Should I bench Arian foster this week? Are they resting him?Should I start bears defense or colts defense?Please help!!
I expect Foster to continue to play, at least this week. And, the Bears would be my top fantasy defense vs Arizona this week

Jeff,

Need one of these

Myers,Bennet,Clark,Celek,Scheffler,Allen.Fasano

Murry or Moreno,Charles Which two you like best?

Kapernick over Palmer?

Thank you

Playing for the championship in two leagues, and this may be one of the last times I post for a while. I just wanted to say thanks for your help and God Bless you and your family.

Merry CHRISTMAS!

Rob

Roddy, Gonzo and Julio gave him a 56-0 lead, he has Brady, Chris Johnson, Wallace a kicker and D left.

I have

Rodgers

Martin

Sproles

Andre Johnson

Marshall

K

D

Do I bench Sproles (PR points, PPR) or even Martin for Greg Jennings, Moreno, Austin in hopes for a better chance at big day.

Down 56-0

Need 2 from murray, morris, green-ellis. 1 for 10 rushing or recieving yards ( not combined), 5 points for 20 rushes or each 5 recept plateau or 100 yards. I am almost certain that i am going with Morris, but I am caught between Murray playing from behind and Green- Ellis only playing into the 3rd quarter. I also have Dwyer, Wilson, and Ingram but i haven't even thought to put them in.

Users who are viewing this thread