What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Warning Points (1 Viewer)

They are bans right? I know I have two bans and I have two warning points. Both bans are from The Shark Pool ironically. I said Cutler got hit in the mangina during one of the game threads and I think one of the NE fan admins got pissy about a comment I made about the Moss/Patriots fiasco ages ago. Pretty tame compared to what goes on in here.

You always get a warning point along with a suspension, but you don't always get a suspension along with a warning point.
For poops and giggles - what did LHucks have when he was finaly shown the door?
Still would like to know this answer...

I've had two 1-week suspensions, both seemed to come out of nowhere and to this day I have no idea what I said that was so offensive. :shrug:

There are no warnings to display.
Again, :shrug:
clearly your warnings were for no reason

someone just doesn't like you
I have no doubt there was something found to be offensive that led to the suspensions. I just have no idea what specifically they were. Hopefully I don't accidentally use the same trigger word or express the same opinion that led to those suspensions.

It would seem to be common sense to tell a person what they did wrong when dishing out punishment. You know, just in case you want the punishment to have any effect and the person being suspended might have an honest desire not to post something offensive again.

I have seven warning points

When I click on it the message I get is "There are no warnings to display"

I want to relive those wonderful memories and remember those posts

Doesn't everyone wonder if they have some?

ETA: 1 warning points

I did catch a month once for making a very inappropriate comment, so it could remember that I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are bans right? I know I have two bans and I have two warning points. Both bans are from The Shark Pool ironically. I said Cutler got hit in the mangina during one of the game threads and I think one of the NE fan admins got pissy about a comment I made about the Moss/Patriots fiasco ages ago. Pretty tame compared to what goes on in here.

you should be banned for that font size.

you should be banned for that font size.
warning point for you for quoting large fonts and not changing them before posting.. :pokey:

There are no warnings to display.
Again, :shrug:
clearly your warnings were for no reason someone just doesn't like you
I have no doubt there was something found to be offensive that led to the suspensions. I just have no idea what specifically they were. Hopefully I don't accidentally use the same trigger word or express the same opinion that led to those suspensions. It would seem to be common sense to tell a person what they did wrong when dishing out punishment. You know, just in case you want the punishment to have any effect and the person being suspended might have an honest desire not to post something offensive again.
:goodposting: I got a 6 month ban for what i thought was saying the exact same thing someone had said 3 posts above me. That other person wasnt banned...
nigel tufnel got banned for saying he would "do" Chelsea Clinton, even though she was over 18. I guess wanting to bone a former president's grown daughter is a no no

which is sad because from all I have heard Helen Taft was a sweet piece of ###. Sure she had some baggage back there, but in a good way

I only remember one 1-month suspension for making a comment about Jeff Garcia being tackled.

I have 2 warning points.

5 Warning Points.

No idea why.
I find it hard to believe that folks who have a few warning points have no idea why. Selective amnesia? Fog? Domestic Violence? :excited: Yeah I know, too much Jodi Arias! :lol:
Why would anyone know about their warning points when we have no information on what warning points are

have we received any clear definition of what merits a warning point?

If there is a warning point system that extends back, how far?

What is the purpose of tracking warning points if users cannot see the points and thus are not warned?

If the system allows tracking not only of points, but also issuing warnings, what purpose is there to give us the points but document nothing in the warnings portion?

How many points can be issued on one post?

When a timeout comes do past warning points contribute to the length of the timeout?

Do warning points ever expire?

there's no information to go off of, just a score

When a timeout comes do past warning points contribute to the length of the timeout?
I feel pretty confident the answer to this one is yes.
but if they do not know when the warning points are from, and do not track what caused them, it seems a little messed up.

maybe i had a bad month 5 years ago and got 4 points, and since then i have been an ideal poster. Do those 4 points haunt me till the end of time?

if that is the case so be it, but if they are going to display our warning points they should be explained to us at least. Even if the application is not something we agree with, without understanding it it serves no purpose

I wonder who has the most warning points?

I wonder how many warning points Bored Stormtrooper has. His career was short but it earned him an 83 year timeout. I am guessing that was a handful of points

but if they do not know when the warning points are from, and do not track what caused them, it seems a little messed up.

maybe i had a bad month 5 years ago and got 4 points, and since then i have been an ideal poster. Do those 4 points haunt me till the end of time?

if that is the case so be it, but if they are going to display our warning points they should be explained to us at least. Even if the application is not something we agree with, without understanding it it serves no purpose

Are you asking which username has the most or which person has the most? I'd imagine that the worst offenders have points spread amongst different usernames.

"warning points"???

Back in my day you didn't get warnings. You got banned. You got banned all the time. And there was nothing you could do about it.

Are you asking which username has the most or which person has the most? I'd imagine that the worst offenders have points spread amongst different usernames.
good point!

do known aliases score points for them and their parent username?

"warning points"???

Back in my day you didn't get warnings. You got banned. You got banned all the time. And there was nothing you could do about it.
no one ever saw warning points, so no one was warned

and there is some loose correlation between the two, like maybe you never had any warning points then got banned an earned 1-x points

It's on your PERMANENT RECORD .

Users who are viewing this thread