What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 10 Questions For Bloom (1 Viewer)

HI Sig,

I have a more strategic question in a ppr, 2QB, 10 team dynasty league with 21 roster spots + 2 IR spots.  

Below is my roster.  

My question is your thoughts on whether  I should upgrade my RB by obtaining Christian McCaffrey, or hold, and make a QB trade in the offseason to get a high enough spot to get someone like Nick Chubb?

I'm #2 in the standings and should finish there or #3 into the playoffs, but there is at least 1 team that has an avg total pts advantage of about 5 pts per week.

I appreciate any feedback you can give me...thx!!!

Trade Option 1: Luck for McCaffrey

Trade Option 2: Cam Newton for Big Ben + McCaffrey

in both trade options, the other trade party has the following QBs: Cutler, Big Ben and Flacco...they're hurting.

Roster: (format is 2/2/2/1/2/1/1)

QB: Goff, Newton, Luck, Keenum, Bridgewater, Chad Kelly, Mahomes 

RB: Gurley, McKinnon, Lynch, dion lewis, rod smith

WR: Evans, Beckham, Jordy, Hopkins, Watkins, Marvin Jones, Dede Westbrook

TE: Kelce and Rudolph

PK: Gostkowski

DEF/ ST: stream
cam for ben/CMC

Whats up Bloom, thanks for taking the time as always.

Standard scoring need 1 WR & 1 Flex out of this group:

Rod Smith @ ATL

Corey Davis v CIN

Dion Lewis @ DEN

K. Benjamin v NO

J. Crowder v MIN

E. Mcguire @ TB

(If Dez sits would you play T.Williams or Beasley over any of the above?)

Much appreciated
davis and twill whether or not dez plays

Lost Watson, roll with McCown ROS (or other streamers like Eli, Brissett, Cutler, Dalton) or trade C. Davis for Goff?

Have Green, M. Jones, Cooper, Hogan and C. Davis.  Guys like Watkins, Bryant, Coleman, Gordon available on wire.

PPR

Sig - Who would you play as the flex in a PPR league: Dion Lewis or Corey Davis.....OR would you pick up Gabriel or Burkhead this week off waivers and start him instead?

Thanks, Bloom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bloom,

Need advice in my one player keeper league. Our trade deadline is tomorrow. If my other trade goes through then my roster will be:

QB - Tyrod Taylor, Luck
RB - Zeke, Kamara, McCaffery, Martin, Powell
WR - AJ Green, Evans (just traded for these two, hoping it goes through)
TE - Brate, Olsen
K - waivers 
DEF - Jags

QBs get 6 per TD, -1 per intro and 1 pt every 25 passing yards. 2 point bonus for 300 yards. Would you try to make your playoff run with Taylor (he has a nice playoff schedule) or trade Taylor and Martin for Stafford? I could also trade for Ingram but it would cost me at least a 6th and I've already traded away a 5th. I can probably do both of these trades. I can't drop Luck because he would cost me a 9th to keep next year, and whoever gets him off waivers could keep him for a 13th. I'll likely keep Zeke (cost a 1st).

I'm 8-1 and have a 2 game lead on 3 other teams, with 4 weeks left. Top two teams get a bye in week 14. I think I can get a bye so I'm focused on week 15 and 16.

Thanks!

Week 9 hurt a bit...and KC bye week not helping this week with Tyreek.

Starting Melvin and Ingram at RB...probably locked in to Robby Anderson for my first WR.  Need another WR and flex. Standard scoring.

Sanu, Marquise Lee And Jordy (who I can’t trust now) are my WRs.  Need one and then a flex from the leftover or...

Crowell, Aaron Jones, Alfred Morris or a WR at flex.

thanks

mega_rob said:
Lost Watson, roll with McCown ROS (or other streamers like Eli, Brissett, Cutler, Dalton) or trade C. Davis for Goff?

Have Green, M. Jones, Cooper, Hogan and C. Davis.  Guys like Watkins, Bryant, Coleman, Gordon available on wire.

PPR
goff

Rick Blaine said:
Sig - Who would you play as the flex in a PPR league: Dion Lewis or Corey Davis.....OR would you pick up Gabriel or Burkhead this week off waivers and start him instead?

Thanks, Bloom.
lean davis

Bloom,

Need advice in my one player keeper league. Our trade deadline is tomorrow. If my other trade goes through then my roster will be:

QB - Tyrod Taylor, Luck
RB - Zeke, Kamara, McCaffery, Martin, Powell
WR - AJ Green, Evans (just traded for these two, hoping it goes through)
TE - Brate, Olsen
K - waivers 
DEF - Jags

QBs get 6 per TD, -1 per intro and 1 pt every 25 passing yards. 2 point bonus for 300 yards. Would you try to make your playoff run with Taylor (he has a nice playoff schedule) or trade Taylor and Martin for Stafford? I could also trade for Ingram but it would cost me at least a 6th and I've already traded away a 5th. I can probably do both of these trades. I can't drop Luck because he would cost me a 9th to keep next year, and whoever gets him off waivers could keep him for a 13th. I'll likely keep Zeke (cost a 1st).

I'm 8-1 and have a 2 game lead on 3 other teams, with 4 weeks left. Top two teams get a bye in week 14. I think I can get a bye so I'm focused on week 15 and 16.

Thanks!
i have taylor and stafford close, but martin isnt worth much to me so id do it

Week 9 hurt a bit...and KC bye week not helping this week with Tyreek.

Starting Melvin and Ingram at RB...probably locked in to Robby Anderson for my first WR.  Need another WR and flex. Standard scoring.

Sanu, Marquise Lee And Jordy (who I can’t trust now) are my WRs.  Need one and then a flex from the leftover or...

Crowell, Aaron Jones, Alfred Morris or a WR at flex.

thanks
sanu and crow

4 pts per TD. Need upside.

* J. Goff vs HOU -- obvious good matchup. May not need to throw much.

* M. Ryan vs DAL -- Starting to get on a little roll. At home. Julio practicing.

Which?

Thanks

PPR league. Need one for flex. Don't think the "safe" or "floor" option a good idea understanding opponent.

* D. Martin vs NYJ -- Jets solid run D. Fitz at QB. Maybe they turn it around at home.

* A. Abdullah vs CLE -- CLE very solid run D. Game script could be there, but it was there last week. 

* A. Morris @ATL -- ATL run D is not good. Seems like he should get 13-15 touches.

* D. Henry @CINC -- Isn't Cinci a run funnel D? Still splitting with Murray.

Which?

Thanks

14 team Standard Redraft 

Trade Jordy for Hogan? I already have Cooks...

Drop player question. Zeke situation has me thinking about picking up DMC.

Here's my RB Depth:

* L. Bell, J. McKinnon, D. Martin, D. Henry, A. Morris, A. Abdullah

To pick up DMC, I'd have to drop one of the above. (My WR depth is thin...can't afford to drop there and only holding one QB and TE).

DMC worth picking up considering my depth and the fact I have Morris?

Or should I cover the Zeke situation as much as possible and drop somebody for DMC? 

If yes on dropping  somebody, who? Was thinking Abdullah. I can't imagine starting him and his schedule the next three weeks looks miserable anyway.

What do you  think?

Thanks

On D. Henry...from your projections and responses above, you seem higher on him vs. others this week.

What's the logic?

Murray is still there not dying yet, practiced this week. 

Do you see something has fundamentally changed in the approach with Murray/Henry? Matchup against more of a run funnel D? 

Still see risk that he gets 7 carries for 30 yards and disappoints all Henry owners worldwide.

Mr. Bloom, 

I see you have Goff ranked ahead of Big Ben, this week.  Is it close?  Or, do you think there's a reasonable difference?

Please rank Goff, Roethlisberger, and T Taylor, ROS.

Also, please rank Kroft, Witten, and clay, for both week 10 & ROS.

Please rank the below flex options for wk 10:

Freeman

L. Miller

Mixon

Funchess

C. Davis

And finally, A. Collins is currently my RB5, behind the three above and Gurley.  Would you recommending dropping him for any of Rod Smith, Doctson, or C. Coleman?  If so, which?

Thanks again, for your help.

Hey Sig!

1 PPR Redraft

QB: Prescott or Stafford

WR#2: Dez, Shepard or JuJu?

Thanks!

Hello

*start Brady (at Den) or McCown (at TB)  :doh: :shock: . Brady tough matchup and McCown playing TB that has quit.

*start Alf Morris (at Atl), D.Parker ( at car) or Drake (at car) *williams out illness ?  :help:

* drop Zeke? :wall: He will be eligible for week 16 title game vs Sea. Not practicing though. Thoughts?  :thanks:

*stick with Jake Elliot or drop add H.Butker?  :bye:

* Balt D or Jax D ROS? :towelwave:

Thank you advance Bloom!

12 team league, 1 PPR

Pick 3 RB's

Crowell @ Detroit

Booker vs NE

Kelley vs Minny

Cohen vs GB

Montgomery @ Chi 

Thank you in advance Mr. Bloom,

In order, Jason Witten @ Atl, Vernon Davis vs. MIN (if Reed is out) or Eric Ebron vs. CLE at TE this week? 1 pt per reception, 1 point per 15 yard 

PPR League. Need a flex.

Note: RBs get 1 pt for every 4 rushing attempts. Provides a bit of a floor for RBs.

* R. Anderson @TB -- Great matchup.

* A. Morris @ATL -- Good matchup, but could be RBBC.

* A. Abdullah @CLE -- Will he lose to Riddick this week after two fumbles? May get touches but doesn't do much with them. CLE tough against run.

Which?

Thanks

Hey Bloom,

0.5 ppr, top 2 flex options (in order of preference)?

Doctson vs. MIN 

A. Humphries vs. NYJ

Rob Smith vs. ATL

Elijah Mcguire vs. TB

Donta Foreman vs. ARI

Devontae Booker vs. CIN

T. Cohen vs. DET

And if Ty Hilton is out, who between Doctson and Humphries?

Thanks in advance!

Standard scoring redraft. Need to drop one player in both leagues for a bye week TE.

Choices in league one:

Rod Smith, Corey Coleman, Jeremy Maclin

Choices in league two: Sterling Shepard, David Johnson, or don't play a TE( in second place and have good match ups)

Thanks Bloom.

Hi Sig

Got a bunch of WR, can you pls recommend 4 players to start this week?  I am only certain of D. Thomas so far

PPR format, TD 6 points

D. Thomas, S. Shepard, Kupp, Juju Smith Schuster, Funchess, Davante Adams, E. Sanders

At QB, I'm leaning Goff over Brady - would you roll w/ that too?

Thanks!

Trade Advice

14 teams, PPR, Dynasty League, starting 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 R/W/T, 1 K, 1 DL, 1 DB, 1 LB and 1 DL/DB/LB

Roster: 30 players+3 IR (limits: 4 QB, 8 RB, 9 WR, 3 TE, 2 K, 3 DL, 3 DB and 4 LB)

My Team:

Luck (IR), McCown, Garoppolo, Kizer

Gore, Woodhead (IR), Lewis, Javorious Allen, Drake,Kelley, Morris, McFadden, Rod Smith, Dixon (IR)

Julio Jones, Landry, Bryant, Smith-Schuster, Louis, Roger Lewis, Treadwell, Corey Davis

Hooper, Julius Thomas

Tucker, Lambo

Flowers, Buckner

Neal, Mathieu

Jarrad Davis, Preston Brown, Reuben Foster

I need a RB1. Should I try to trade Julio Jones for Kareem Hunt? Any advices?

Karrem Hunt owner's team:

Andy Dalton, Flacco, 

Kareem Hunt, Forte, Peterson, Stewart, Turbin 

Jordy Nelson, Marvin Jones, Richardson, Kearse, Funchess, DeSean Jackson, Cobb, Wallace, Ellington

Jesse James, Cook, Tye

Vinatieri, Walsh, Janikowski (IR)

Pierre-Paul, Brandon Graham, Chris Jones

Clinton-Dix, Mills, McDougald

Zach Brown, Shazier, Thomas Davis, Freeman (IR)

beasley seems like an obvious replacement for zeke runs in red zone, high percentage option, already has 2 2 TD games this year. Dak is also playing lights out, so i like relying on him whether its williams or beasley. i have williams a little higher, both are a little bit boom/bust, but hot coming in. lean TW, but would feel better about it if dez was inactive.
Appreciate the extra input on your thoughts around the DAL receivers -- thanks!

Was also hoping for any insight into the other parts of my question -- how do you feel about Beasley or Williams as an option in 0.6 PPR vs other guys like Humphries, Aldrick Robinson, Curtis Samuel, or Marquise Goodwin? 

Are Cole/Williams clear favorites over these others, and if not, who would you consider in the same relative opportunity tier as those DAL guys?

Hi Sig, flex PPR: R. Anderson, S. Shepherd, C. Davis, Henry  or T. Coleman 

Also, should I drop any of these for a replacement kicker (not getting rid of Tucker for someone like Barth or Nugent ) or roll without since I had a good night with Graham and Fitzgerald? Drop any to pick up D Booker? 

Thanks 

Good evening Sig, looking for some of our wisdom in a must win week.  Currently I'm down 11 as he had Fitzgerald go and I need to start 1 wr and 1 flex out of the following K. Benjamin, Allen, Bryant, Doctson and R. Kelley.  Also am I crazy for rolling with Goff vs Houston instead of Brady vs Denver, or I could also play Tyrod vs NO.  

Cheers    

I have Watkins and Lee in 2 PPR leagues and trying to decide between both for my last flex spot in each

Team #1- should be the favorite to win and thinking going with Lee as a little safer

Team #2- winner takes all in total points, thinking of Sammy for the upside

What would you do?

Crowell was dropped.

Pick 2 ROS PPR-  Lewis, Cohen, Martin or Crowell?

TIA

GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK!

Thanks Sig.

WDIS?

(1PT/PPR, 1PT/10 yds rushing, 1PT/10 yds receiving, 6PTS/TD, Bonus @ 100 yds receiving or rushing)

1. WR - (I need 2) - Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Mo Sanu, Corey Davis (Leaning Thomas for sure and want to consider Allen but against JAX DEF???)
  2. RB - (I need 2) - Hyde, Martin, Dion Lewis (leaning Hyde and ????)
  3. Flex - (I need 1 of the above)  (???)
Historically, I generally prefer to use a WR at the Flex and given my stable of RB's this year, Ive been going that route all year.

Thanks Again!

10 team ppr Mariotta as the QB

Corey Davis or Derrick Henry

12 team ppr pick 3:

abdullah, juju, robert woods, rex burkhead, tarik cohen

Happy weekend Bloom!

Scenario: 12-team, non PPR, 3yr Keeper league. Current record: 8-1 (QRRWWTFKD)

Rostered:

• QB: Ryan, Watson
  • RB: Zeke, Crowell, Cohen, Kamara, Collins, Conner, Drake, David Johnson (IR)
  • WR: AB, Baldwin, Diggs, Corey Davis, J. Gordon
  • TE: Gronk
  • K: Succup
  • DST: JAX
Dilemma (1): would you drop any of the above for Rod Smith?

Dilemma (2): who do you start at my RB2:

• Crowell @ DET
  • Cohen vs. GB
  • Drake @ CAR

Scenario 2: 12-team, .5 PPR (5-man bench). Current record: 8-1 (QRRWWTFKD)

Rostered:

• QB: Wilson
  • RB: Bell, Zeke, Abdullah, Duke Johnson, Drake
  • WR: Hill, D. Thomas, Thielen, Ginn
  • TE: Rudolph, Olsen
  • K: Gano 
  • DST: PIT
Dilemma: Would drop anyone for Woodhead?

Users who are viewing this thread