What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 10 Waiver Wire GEMS (1 Viewer)

Ronnie Hillman starting to make some noise.
I'd consider this in deep leagues, but I'd have to be pretty desperate for a RB.  Their OL is abysmal... and they're running a 3-way split in the backfield with Peterson rumors of a return later this year swirling. 

BlueDredSo said:
12 team league, can roster 3 and only 3 RB's. Best ball. Asiata has done nothing for me since CJ went down. Also thinking of dropping C-Mike but will probably hang onto him for 1 more week, maybe. Ware is my other guy.

Ivory, Kelley, Martin (hamstring scares me but could be gold for ROS), Bernard, Harris, Barber, Bibbs, Perkins

That's actually the order I'd put them in priority-wise. Different opinions appreciated.
I think the first 2 are a toss up but Bernard should be in that mix and maybe on top if you play PPR. His role is defined, you know he'll get touches.

Dont lose track of Mike James in those rb lists...Sims still out, Martin looking doubtful, Barber on ir and Rodgers ruled out already...

If you need a one-week flyer you could do worse.

Boone22 said:
Why Matt Jones?  Gruden just came out and said he'd have to earn reps back from Kelley. Sounds to me like Kelley gets the majority of early down work as long as he produces. 
The quote I read from Gruden wasn't as clear cut as you make it seem.  I read that Jones will get his touches but have to earn the role they believe he should have which I interpret as they think he should be he starter.

The quote I read from Gruden wasn't as clear cut as you make it seem.  I read that Jones will get his touches but have to earn the role they believe he should have which I interpret as they think he should be he starter.
I don't see it that way at all. It looks to be Kelley's job to lose at this point.

J.J Nelson, if he's still available he needs to be rostered. Arians said he's their starting WR now and he played on 80% and 92% of the snaps and drew 7 and 12 targets respectively.

If Smith Sr. was dropped for whatever reason he should be picked back up. He played on 83% of the snaps and drew the most (7) targets of all BAL WRs upon his return. As an aside, Wallace played on only 50% of the snaps, his lowest of the season. 

Ivory's snaps didn't change last week (played on 44% which is in line with his season average) but he was utilized 20 times. The new OC clearly favors Ivory over Yeldon.

M. Lee's snaps continued to increase and Hurns is now dealing with a concussion. Sadly, JAC's schedule is ###.

Albert Wilson is an interesting case. He saw ~60% of the snaps in weeks 1 and 2 but then fell off a cliff (only saw about ~20% until yesterday). With Maclin out he saw 71% of the snaps, Conely saw 88%. More importantly, Wilson was targeted 8 times where as Conely was only targeted 4 times. This was with Foles however so it's hard to read too much into. If Maclin sits however I'd probably be more inclined to go with Conely. They have a plus match-up vs. CAR this week.

Perkins played on 34% of the snaps and was utilized 14 times, both season highs. He's an obvious pick up.

Bryce Treggs. Some dude did a write up on him and posted it on reddit last week. It actually panned out to some extent which blew my mind. He only saw 20% of the snaps and 4 targets but produced (2/69/0). Given the fact that DGB is as raw as ever and Agholor isn't even practice squad worthy I think you need to keep an eye on Treggs, at least in deep leagues. He looks to be a legitimate vertical threat and definitely made a case for more work.

Eli Rogers saw 67% of the snaps and 10 targets upon his return. He's an easy grab in PPR IMO. It also looks like PIT is phasing out Jesse James. Xavier Grimble played on more snaps than him for the first time all season. Of course, Ladarius Green may be returning soon.

I still think Inman needs to be rostered. Although he didn't turn his 9 targets into a monster stat line last week, he still tied Gates for the most targets on the team. Benjamin, although a completely different WR, will likely not be right for the rest of the season and that will continue to lead to an increased opportunity for Inman.

I'll echo the sentiments that I'd prefer Mike James over Barber. He's a more complete back and is at least the correct choice in PPR.

Last edited by a moderator:
J.J Nelson, if he's still available he needs to be rostered. Arians said he's their starting WR now and he played on 80% and 92% of the snaps and drew 7 and 12 targets respectively.

If Smith Sr. was dropped for whatever reason he should be picked back up. He played on 83% of the snaps and drew the most (7) targets of all BAL WRs upon his return. As an aside, Wallace played on only 50% of the snaps, his lowest of the season. 

Ivory's snaps didn't change last week (played on 44% which is in line with his season average) but he was utilized 20 times. The new OC clearly favors Ivory over Yeldon.

M. Lee's snaps continued to increase and Hurns is now dealing with a concussion. Sadly, JAC's schedule is ###.

Albert Wilson is an interesting case. He saw ~60% of the snaps in weeks 1 and 2 but then fell off a cliff (only saw about ~20% until yesterday). With Maclin out he saw 71% of the snaps, Conely saw 88%. More importantly, Wilson was targeted 8 times where as Conely was only targeted 4 times. This was with Foles however so it's hard to read too much into. If Maclin sits however I'd probably be more inclined to go with Conely. They have a plus match-up vs. CAR this week.

Perkins played on 34% of the snaps and was utilized 14 times, both season highs. He's an obvious pick up.

Bryce Treggs. Some dude did a write up on him and posted it on reddit last week. It actually panned out to some extent which blew my mind. He only saw 20% of the snaps and 4 targets but produced (2/69/0). Given the fact that DGB is as raw as ever and Agholor isn't even practice squad worthy I think you need to keep an eye on Treggs, at least in deep leagues. He looks to be a legitimate vertical threat and definitely made a case for more work.

Eli Rogers saw 67% of the snaps and 10 targets upon his return. He's an easy grab in PPR IMO. It also looks like PIT is phasing out Jesse James. Xavier Grimble played on more snaps than him for the first time all season. Of course, Ladarius Green may be returning soon.

I still think Inman needs to be rostered. Although he didn't turn his 9 targets into a monster stat line last week, he still tied Gates for the most targets on the team. Benjamin, although a completely different WR, will likely not be right for the rest of the season and that will continue to lead to an increased opportunity for Inman.

I'll echo the sentiments that I'd prefer Mike James over Barber. He's a more complete back and is at least the correct choice in PPR.
Note on wallace. He got sick or injurex in game and missed time

beerbuff said:
I think they will either activate him this week or let him sit the season out.  With DHB banged up they need pass catchers so it's now or never.  Eli Rogers is a good pick up as long as he's healthy but  JJ Nelson if available looks to be a more solid WR option for the ROS. Harris and Barber for RB's.
Dropped Inman for Nelson, Jennings for Ivory and Brate for Ebron.  Time to look for upside.  Agree with Barber though they claim all three injured backs will be coming back to play at some point in the season.  

I can't imagine him not being rostered already.

Hell he was drafted and held in all of mine
He was drafted in mine, held in none. 

Leagues are different.  We have very short benches - intentionally making tough choices the norm.  There are always guys out there that you want... you just have to drop someone you want to get em.  Handcuffs are hard to hold onto.

Rank Barber, Ivory, D Lewis, Asiata as best waiver option?
Lewis, Ivory, Asiata, Barber.

If you need immediate help Ivory, because you may want to see how the Pats ease Lewis in.

Ivory in standard if you think his usage from last game continues.

I'm all in on Bibbs. Claimed him in both of my leagues.

Kubiak is a guy that doesn't seem to mess around mincing words about his RBs, and Denver had been desperate to run the ball. 

This write-up has some tasty quotes if you read between the lines a little bit. 

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/11/08/kapri-bibbs-broncos-running-back-more-touches/

if Bibbs takes over, he's at least a nice Flex or better (RB2 upside) over the ROS. In the least it sounds like he might be the receiving back, which could be Flex-worthy regardless. 

Are u seriously asking why owners would roster the clear cut hand cuff rb for the best O line and rushing team in the nfl?

He isn't available in any of the mid stakes leagues I play in.
I'm in 7 different leagues and I'm pretty sure he's not on any roster other than the one dynasty league.  Having a handcuff is just fine but at some point most people can't afford to have that dead weight on the team.  DeAngelo Williams is available is almost every league as well.

I'm in 7 different leagues and I'm pretty sure he's not on any roster other than the one dynasty league.  Having a handcuff is just fine but at some point most people can't afford to have that dead weight on the team.  DeAngelo Williams is available is almost every league as well.
DWill has a knee injury. 

Morris was drafted in both of my leagues and has been parked on both benches since. 

Most valuable handcuff in fantasy football right now IMO.  EE is a very high usage rookie RB - injuries happen. The more a guy carries the mail, the more hits he takes. Every one a chance for Morris to have a role.

not saying it's going to happen, just saying why I think it makes sense that he's rostered in all but the shallowest of leagues. 

Shocked he's available in 6/7 leagues for you. 

Funny story, Ive been trying to trade for Morris all year as I won EE. The dude who has him is a notorious RB hoarder. This is the deal he turned down after week 3: Michael Thomas for Alfred Morris.

Yet he still has him rostered. Hoping he drops him very soon.

DWill has a knee injury. 

Morris was drafted in both of my leagues and has been parked on both benches since. 

Most valuable handcuff in fantasy football right now IMO.  EE is a very high usage rookie RB - injuries happen. The more a guy carries the mail, the more hits he takes. Every one a chance for Morris to have a role.

not saying it's going to happen, just saying why I think it makes sense that he's rostered in all but the shallowest of leagues. 

Shocked he's available in 6/7 leagues for you. 
I picked him up shortly after I drafted Elliott.  It didn't take too long before I dropped him for other backs with real opportunities to start.  Sometimes you don't have the luxury to wait.  If my roster was looking very strong I would pick him back up but right now I need guys who are actually playing.

I picked him up shortly after I drafted Elliott.  It didn't take too long before I dropped him for other backs with real opportunities to start.  Sometimes you don't have the luxury to wait.  If my roster was looking very strong I would pick him back up but right now I need guys who are actually playing.
Oh I understand that - was just pointing out the differences between DWill & Morris has better health & better opportunity. 

Bur either you've got the roster spot for him or you ain't. I get it. Been there. 

Can't imagine that the all EE owners in all those leagues r doing so poorly that they can't find room for his backup; not too mention all the other teams that are doing well that wouldn't have the foresight to roster him for the stretch. Its all good, wish I played in some of those leagues, hes owned in 96% of FBG FPC leagues

wish I played in some of those leagues, hes owned in 96% of FBG FPC leagues
Only 36% of Sportsline leagues, but there are a LOT of public leagues with short benches in CBS, plus 8 & 10 team leagues. 

Don't know if it matters if the team doesn't use him. 

He was on the field a few times on MN - I just don't remember him touching the ball.  Didn't he run it once? 

i think i saw him go wide on two options but taylor kept the ball both times.

Are we sure Hightower is a one-week plugin?
absolutely. at this point not even that. this isn't like last year when ingram was out of the picture. ingram is still the clear cut starter. at best it's a 50-50 timeshare and hightower has proven he needs more carries to be fantasy relevant.  i am an ingram owner for years, but this isn't an ingram owner hoping for something. as long as ingram is healthy, it's a crapshoot for hightower. actually, as long as ingram is healthy AND not fumbling. :wall:

Lance Kendricks
I picked up Kendricks this week and dropped Fleener.  Will rotate Kendricks in behind Ebron.

From a Roto Start/Sit article this morning...

Lance Kendricks at Jets: Among all tight ends over the past four weeks, Kendricks is No. 1 in targets per game at 9.75. He’s seen target totals of 6, 7, and 10 over the past three games and leads the Rams in red-zone targets in that span. Kendricks should have had an easy touchdown last week against the Panthers, but he dropped a pass that hit him right in the hands in the end zone. Kendricks blamed the sun getting in his eyes after the game. Coach Jeff Fisher said he wants to run the ball more, but this isn’t the week to get Todd Gurley going on the ground. The Jets are No. 2 in run-defense DVOA and 30th against the pass. They’ve allowed the seventh-most receiving yards to tight ends and are 23rd in red-zone defense. Kendricks’ ceiling is relatively low, but at such a shallow position like tight end, it’s hard to pass up on the volume he’s been seeing lately. Even a 4-50 or 5-60 receiving line could put Kendricks in the mix for a TE1 finish.
#1 in TE targets over the past 4 weeks.  Thats not usual to find on the wire in the last half of the season.  I have decent hopes here.

Gostkowski may have been dropped due to byes. 
Dropped last week by another owner. Considering picking him up but is he a better option than Novak, Santos, Hopkins, etc. Novak's schedule is good with having Jacksonville twice, SD.

Can't imagine that the all EE owners in all those leagues r doing so poorly that they can't find room for his backup; not too mention all the other teams that are doing well that wouldn't have the foresight to roster him for the stretch. Its all good, wish I played in some of those leagues, hes owned in 96% of FBG FPC leagues
Well I just picked Morris up in both of my money leagues which are pretty competitive. 

Yes, I did. And, I am starting him over Prosise right now but, that may change come Sunday morning.
I am thinking about this in 2 of my leagues. Keep me posted here on what you are doing...... and your reasoning!

Any one else out there have thoughts or thinking the same?

I am thinking about this in 2 of my leagues. Keep me posted here on what you are doing...... and your reasoning!

Any one else out there have thoughts or thinking the same?
starting Bibbs in all four leagues where I have him - 3 at RB2 and one at Flex ... should be 50/50 share on carries but Bibbs will also get more receptions and they ARE playing the Saints - look what they did for DuJuan Harris' numbers last week

Isn't this Bibbs hype a little out of hand for some random 69-yd dump off pass? What is Cecil saying about Booker v Bibbs?

Isn't this Bibbs hype a little out of hand for some random 69-yd dump off pass? What is Cecil saying about Booker v Bibbs?
Cecil is aggresively downplaying Bibbs, which is ironically fueling the hype because of parallels to his dismissive approach to Seimian earlier in the year...

Agree. Bibbs earned more looks if only because Booker was pedestrian. But aside from that long play, didn't see anything that made me feel Bibbs was that more special than Booker.

rawdog said:
It is getting very crazy.  There are people saying he will get 50% of the carries because he had one good run.  You always need to ignore the hype on this board.

I do think he could be a decent play this week.  I would think he gets 8-10 touches.  Against the Saints that could be enough.

It is getting very crazy.  There are people saying he will get 50% of the carries because he had one good run.  You always need to ignore the hype on this board.

I do think he could be a decent play this week.  I would think he gets 8-10 touches.  Against the Saints that could be enough.
Going up against the Saints I think is the key factor to some of the hype.

starting Bibbs in all four leagues where I have him - 3 at RB2 and one at Flex ... should be 50/50 share on carries but Bibbs will also get more receptions and they ARE playing the Saints - look what they did for DuJuan Harris' numbers last week
50/50 is out of control hype for one play. Good grief.

Users who are viewing this thread