What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 16 Questions for Bloom (2 Viewers)

Hi Sig, thanks as always for your input. I somehow staggered into the bowl so need some help with the following (standard scoring):

Please pick 2 from these 5:

Ingram (Bucs), T.Gabriel (Panthers), M.Mitchell (Jets), R.Kelley (Bears), K.Dixon (Steelers)

Also at DEF, Bills vs Miami or Chargers @ Browns

Thanks!!!!

Ok Mr Bloom, This is for all the marbles. 

.5 PPR 

Martin, Farrow, or Gordon (if he plays) Leaning Farrow

Pick 3 : Fitz, J Matthews, R Anderson, Mitchell, A Robinson, M Jones, and Inman. 

Thanks for all all you guys do

Shawn

Need Mega Help as I'm up against the number one seed:

1.0 PPR .5 per Rush (slight bonuses for long touchdowns and cumulative yards). I'm leaning toward the bolded choice 

QB (need 1)

• Kaepernick (SF) vs LA
  • Stafford (DET) @ Dallas 

• Waivers: Alex Smith, RGIII, Savage, Barkley
WR (need 2) 

• Brown (PIT) vs BAL
  • Fitzgerald (ARI) @ Seattle
  • Crabtree (OAK) vs IND
  • Gabriel (ATL) @ CAR

• Waivers: Lockett (SEA) vs Arizona (Desperation Boom Bust) 
RB (Need 2) 

• Gurley (LA) vs SF
  • Powell (NYJ) @ NE
  • Rawls (SEA) vs Arizona
  • Forte (NYJ) @ NE
  • Lewis (NE) vs New York Jets
  • Blount (NE) vs New York Jets
Flex (Need 2) (leaning toward the italicized)

• Rawls (SEA) vs Arizona
  • Forte (NYJ) @ NE
  • Lewis (NE) vs New York Jets
  • Blount (NE) vs New York Jets
  • Fitzgerald (ARI) @ Seattle
  • Gabriel (ATL) @ CAR 

Thanks for the consideration

Need a TE in PPR - 16 teams

Options are bottom of the barrel with losing Gronk.

Griffin, Pitta, Gresham, Doyle, Sims, Brown, Tye, Rivera, Walford

Eifert or Delanie Walker, PPR? I also am starting AJ Green, so Eifert would be a second Bengal. Thanks!

Happy Holidays Sig!

I tried to decide for myself last week and now I'm 6 points back in a two week playoff for all the glory.  (who would have though mckinnon was a good ppr play??)

I need to pick a defense between the Iggles, Giants, and Falcons.

I need to pick 3 from AJ Green, Dion Lewis, Mark Ingram, Steve Smith, McKinnon, Eli rogers.

Lastly, Big Ben or Russell?

Having more trouble with this than I should.  Thanks for your insight!

Last edited by a moderator:
thomas locks in the high scoring ceiling of the TB-NO matchup and setting, thomas usually gets enough volume to ensure a high ceiling. adams might have as high a ceiling, but a lower floor. Matthews is a mixed bag with a potential low volume pass O.

winston has been overseeing a more conservative offense lately. lots of futile martin runs and teams blanketing evans. saints D is suspect, but so is winston. ben at home has been money.
Thanks so much for the help as always.

Ok Bloom..last question of year is for Flex --  this is Non Ppr

Pick 1:

S. Smiff

D. Lewis

K. Farrow

Rats, Eifert out...picked up Clay. CJF, Sims, Doyle, Pitta and Cook are also available.

Thanks for all your input this year and I wish you and your family the best over the holidays!

PPR
0.1 point for every 1 yard rushing/receiving

Rushing TD = 7 points
Receiving TD = 6 points

Need 1 RB and 2 flex from the following:
RB: Miller, Ajayi, Powell & Rawls
WR: D Jackson & S Shepard

I think the RBs are all better options than the WRs for the two flex. If so I'd start 3 of the 4 RBs. Currently thinking Rawls is the odd man out but Miller's injury has me concerned.

Bloom!

I'm in the championship for the first time, couldn't have done it without your help.  Hopefully you can help me seal the deal, but either way I can't thank you enough:

Need 1:  Alshon Jeffery, Jarvis Landry, Malcolm Mitchell, Chris Hogan

Need 2: Kennith Dixon, Dion Lewis, Spencer Ware, or choose from the unselected WRs above

Need 1: Ryan Griffin, Jason Witten, Jack Doyle (I have Ladarius Green, so I'm streaming)

Standard Scoring League

Thanks again!

Non ppr

Need 2RB: Freeman, Farrow, Rawls, Crow or Riddick

need 2 WR: Baldwin, TY Williams, Theilen, Robby Anderson, Kelvin Benjamin 

Bloom for the Championship! 

TE quandary.  Need to pick from ebron, clay and sims.  Ironically, you have the three projected at an identical 9.2 PPR points.  I am in a dead even matchup.  So need a good combo of floor and ceiling. 

QB:. Need 2 of manning, tyrod And Matt Moore

for both questions, game script of Mia @ buf is crucial. 
lean ebron

bench moore

.5ppr, 5pt bonus for 100yds rushing or receiving, 300 yds passing. 

QB - Stafford,Mariota, Barkley

RB - Bell, Ajayi, Ware, Blount, Farrow

WR - Odell, Julio, TY Montgomery, Maclin, C. Coleman, Moncrief, Ginn, Sanu

TE - Brate, Eifert

Flex- Ware

Starters in bold, I think the flex and what to do with Julio are the key ones.  Tough to sit Blount.  

Thanks for the dedication with this thread all year.  
id go blount over ware

Looking for all the opinions I can get to weigh for my decisions.  Thanks in advance!

1) Std League, championship  Need 1 TE, 1 Flex:  

Two factors to consider:  

• Overall, I should be favored based on year-to-date performance, although the other guy has had a couple good weeks in the playoffs and would have outscored me last two weeks
  • I will be starting Luck AND Hilton from Indy already, if that matters re: Gore
Delanie Walker, Kyle Rudolph, Frank Gore, Spencer Ware 

2) Full point PPR league : i am completely flummoxed by this team all year.   need 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX

This isn't a championship game but i can make some hay if I outscore another team by a fair amount of points, so I need to go a bit more for upside in this one

RBs: Ty Montgomery, Latavius Murray,  Kenneth Farrow, Mark Ingram, Spencer Ware

WRs: Julio**, Alshon, Malcolm Mitchell, Donte Moncrief**, Steve Smith, Sammy Watkins

TEs: Kelce, Rudolph

** if they play, can I trust them? What is alternative if they don't play?
rudolph gore

ty murray

julio jeffery mm

kelce

ingram

Howdy Sig,

Thanks a ton for your insight this year!

12 team 0.5 ppr, I need someone for my final flex spot.  I'm having difficulty choosing between these not-so-exciting choices:

Lamar Miller - decent matchup, but is he hurt?  Not a lot of ceiling here, but maybe a good floor (if he plays).

Stefon Diggs - decent matchup, but is he hurt?  Hasn't done much lately and seems to have been passed up in the pecking order in a bad offense..

Taylor Gabriel - decent matchup, but is he hurt?  And what effect does Julio's return have?

Malcolm Mitchell - good matchup, nice history vs. the Jets, but how much will he be needed if the Pats destroy the Jets early?

Tyler Lockett - Great ceiling, but also capable of putting up a big fat zero.  Does Patrick Peterson draw him?
lockett

0.5 PPR

Pick 2: Ware, Martin, Gurley

If both are playing, would you roll with AJG or Julio?

Standard (players get return yardage/TDs)

Pick one: Lockett or Mitchell

Full PPR.

So far starting
QB- Brees
RB- E. Elliot
RB- Ty Montgomery

But I need to start 3 WR out of the following, and can't seem to trust any of them. What would you recommend.

Doug Baldwin Sea - WR
Sammy Watkins Buf - WR
Stefon Diggs Min - WR
Allen Robinson Jax - WR
Randall Cobb GB - WR
Terrelle Pryor Sr. Cle - WR
Tyler Lockett Sea - WR
Cameron Meredith Chi - WR

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
baldwin lockett meredith

Good morning Sig!

.5 PPR - I need to start 2 WR below

AJ  

Jeffery 

Jordan Matthews 

Diggs

Waiver - Mitchell, Meredith, and Robby Anderson are my best options

Luckily my other positions are solid - Brees, Bell, Murray and Howard are in my starting lineup and they have good match ups.

Thanks!
aj jeffery

You've got me this far. Let's finish this

Here's my opponents lineup;

Cousins vs CHI (Dak on bench) 
Gurley vs SF
Shady vs MIA
Dez vs DET
Sanders vs KC
M. Thomas vs TB
Brate vs NO
Chiefs DST vs DEN
Tucker vs PIT 

So that's my championship opponent. I need your help One last time.

Last time Brees played TB they man handled him. Do I look for someone else? If so, who? 

Pick 2; Elliot vs DET, Powell vs NE, Farrow vs CLE, Montgomery vs MIN (also can play at WR), Lewis vs NYJ

Pick 3; Montgomery vs MIN, DT vs KC, Williams vs CLE, Moncrief vs OAK, Robinson vs TEN, Gabriel vs CAR, Mitchell vs NYJ, Anderson vs NE

Pick 1; Ertz vs NYG or Gates vs CLE

Pick 1; Gostkowski vs NYJ, Sturgis vs NYG, Prater vs DAL

$500 on the line. You see my opponents lineup. Who wins? 

brees

ee powell

tymont gabe mitchell

ertz

gost

id say its a coinflip and comes down to whether your WRs hit

Hey Sig, 

You've helped me get this far, now it's time to finish. I lost Gordon and AJ Green, and had to drop Green for Lockett to get out of round one by 0.5 points:

1. In PPR, I need 1 WR and 2 WR/RB flex from:

- Malcolm Mitchell
- Tyler Lockett
- Davante Adams
- Robby Anderson
- Robert Kelley
- Spencer Ware
- Dion Lewis

2. I need a defense in the league where all socks/turnovers count for 2 points:

- San Diego
- Green Bay

Thanks, and have a wonderful and safe holiday season!

DR
lockett mm kelley SD

Bloom I'm in a Standard league.  I need three WR, a RB2 and Flex from:

Hilton @ Oak

A. Cooper vs Ind

Davante Adams vs Minn

D. Moncrief @ Oak

M. Mitchell vs NYJ

T. Lockett vs Ariz

Ryan Mathews vs NYG

Kenneth Farrow @ Clev

Thank you and best of luck.
hilton lockett mitchell farrow cooper

PIck 2.... standard non-ppr

Sammy Watkins

Donte Moncrief

Tyrell Williams

Dion Lewis

thanks!

Last one for the year Bloom.

Standard league:

Need 1 RB2: Freeman @Car. or Kelley @Chi. I'm leaning Kelley

Need 1 WR3: Lockett vs Arz. or Gabriel @Car.  I'm leaning Lockett

Thank you again for doing this for us.

Happy Holidays to you and your family!!!

1 pt PPR:

Flex choose 2:  Watkins, Dion Lewis, Dixon or Eli Rogers (Coates and Green are both out)

TE - Clay or Henry?

Thanks. 

May the Force be with you Bloom.   Need one of the following to fill a flex position.  0.5 PPR, 1 point for 10 yards rushing or receiving.

Sanu, Derrick Henry, Chris Ivory, Tim Hightower or Vernon Davis.

My starting TE is Ebron and I hear that Reed may miss this week's game.  Does that make Davis more tempting at TE with maybe Ebron as flex consideration?

Thanks for doing this.

Hi Sig - In the finals and need to take this home!

PPR league

1) Please pick your top three flex out of the following:

Michael Thomas, D. Freeman, G. Tate, Tyrell Williams, Frank Gore, Mark Ingram, Will Fuller

2) Which D would you roll with?

Tennesee (@ Jax) or

Buff (home) vs Mia?

Sig,

Now that the Cowboys have clinched home field, I believe Zeke's workload will surely be reduced. What area your thoughts on playing Ware over Zeke this week (.5 PPR) ?

Hey Bloom. Title game. Need to start 2 of the below players (0.5 PPR):

Gore, Ware, Hill, Henry, Blue, Lockett, Forsett, D.Washington. Ertz got me behind the 8-ball tonight. 

My other starters are Brees, D.Johnson, Hilton, Evans, Ertz, Titans, Succop. I'm facing Ryan, L.Miller, Howard, D.Thomas, A.Brown, Graham, Montgomery, Pats and Tucker. 

Thanks! 

Sig,

I've got one roster transaction left to burn in a 12-team short bench PPR (1 pt per 10 rushing/receiving yards, 6 pts per TD, 1 pt per rec.)

My Roster, bolded players are my current starters, probably subject to change 10-20 times before kickoff on Saturday...:

QB: Wilson, Stafford

RB: Bell, Hyde, Kelley, DWill (having a tough decision between Hyde and Kelley)

WR: Nuke, Gabriel, Tyrell Williams, Mike Thomas

TE:  Eifert, Jimmy Graham (amazed that this tandem combined for 5 pts last week...)

DEF:  Tampa

K: McManus

Intriguing Waiver guys include:

Lockett, NY Giants DEF, Nick Novak

Don't like McManus kicking in KC as much as I like Novak with Savior Savage possibly rescuing the Texans' Offense (5 pts for FGs over 50, 4 pts for FGs over 40)

Don't like Tampa the second time around in NO, Giants looking strong but Thursday Night Road teams typically don't fair too well (standard points DEF scoring but get 1 point per 3 and out) 

Like picking up Lockett, not sure which WR to Drop, can only have 4 WRs on the roster, and don't know who I would bench to start him.

Would you pick one of these guys up over my current players?

Also, am I crazy to believe in Nuke again with Savage playing the whole game?

Are there any other guys you would start instead?

Thanks again Sig for another awesome season!
get lockett play nuk and graham

Hey Bloom, thanks for all the help this year!!!
The other guys team is stacked, makes my team look like the washington generals playing against the globetrotters, gotta hope for a miracle!

QB Stafford or palmer or pick up Barkley?

RB BELL

RB Howard

WR Beckham

WR

TE  Brate or Reed

Flex

Help me fill in the rest of the blanks

Bench: Lamar Miller, cooks, micheal thomas, marvin jones.

Available: Meredith, Hogan, anderson
stafford brate cooks thomas

Siggy Smalls, thanks for all you do! Fighting for third :/

.5 ppr 

Amati Cooper, Jeremy hill or fat Rob Kelley?

olson, brate or eifert

big Ben or staffordi

STANDARD bench zeke for bilal Powell or golden Tate?
kelley

olsen (assuming active, otherwise brate)

ben

leave zeke in

Championship in 2 PPR leagues, thanks for all the help:

League 1 PPR  - Sit 1 of these (favored to win):

• A. Cooper vs. IND
  • D. Thomas @ KC
  • M. Thomas vs. TB

League 2 PPR – Sit 2 (even projection):

• J. Landry @ BUF
  • L. Fitzgerald @ SEA
  • T. Gabriel @ CAR
  • M. Mitchell vs. NYJ
  • T. Lockett vs. ARI
  • R. Anderson @ NE (if Petty plays)

League 2 PPR – Pick 1 (even projection):

• Davis (if Reed out) @ CHI
  • Ebron @ DAL
  • Simms @ BUF
  • Clay vs. MIA
sit coop

sit landry and mitchell

davis if reed out, otherwise ebron

Hi Sig!

A. Blue or K.Dixon at my flex spot?

Thanks for all your help. You’ve been a life saver.

Hi Sig!

Thanks for the help last week.  I have truly terrible QB options in the title game this week.  Manning has already played, and I don't feel bad about sitting him.  I was planning on starting Prescott, but now I am worried he may not play a full game on MNF with the number one seed locked up.

Please pick one:

Prescott, Flacco, or Mariota

Thanks.

As always, love listening to you and Cecil on the Audible. Thanks again for a great season. As with everyone else, I'm having to decide what to do with AJ Green in a ppr league. Other options include: Inman, Meredith, Lockett.

I like Green the best now that he's been a full participant in practice today...but do we trust that hamstring? Any injury gurus out there?

Otherwise, I'm it's really a toss up for me between the other three.

tldr: PPR, pick one: AJG, Inman, Cameron Meredith or Lockett (w/AB and DT starting).

Thanks Bloom!

Hey Bloom.

Full PPR.  Planning on starting

QB - Brady
RB - Bell, Ware (Also have L.Murray, and Frank Gore)
WR (start 2)- ?  (I have Demaryius Thomas, Crabtree, Bryant, Michael Thomas)
TE - Brate (unless Reed is 100% healthy, calls me, and convinces me he isn't going to screw me again)
Flex (After I decide my WR I need to decide who to dump in this slot)
K - Crosby
TD - San Diego

So, My RB's, WR's and Flex all have solid options to choose from.  Ware has been underwhelming for the last few weeks.  I am worried Oakland could shut it down which makes me worry about Crabtree and Murray.  Also worried about Bryant.  Afraid Dallas could shut it down as well and he isn't reaching the end zone.

Basically, I have been choosing wrong all season and whoever is on my bench seems to go off.  Luckily I did just enough to get to the championship.

Thanks Sig,FPC scoring:

Need one of the following:

A.Jeffrey vs Wash

M.Lee vs Tenn

A.Thielen @ GB

And one of the following:

M.Ingram vs TB

T.Coleman @ Car

T.Hightower vs TB

M.Mitchell vs NYJ

A.Gates @ Cleve

J.Cook vs Minn
jeffery ingram

Championship week!  Thank you for all you did for us this year Bloom.

Half PPR league.  Need 2 WRs and a flex out of these guys:

AJ Green

Alshon

ARob

Tyrell Williams

Inman

Kenneth Farrow

Dion Lewis

Same league, lost LGreen, need to pick up one of these TEs to start:  CJ Fed, Ryan Griffin, Hunter Henry, Jesse James, Doyle, DAllen, Will Tye, JGresham, LKendricks, Barnidge...
*lewis jeffery farrow

henry

Hi Sigmund,

Please help me pick 3 from the following in a PPR:  Ty Montgomery at Min, Jay Ajayi at Buf, Latavius Murray vs Ind, Doug Baldwin vs AZ, Michael Crabtree vs Ind

To complicate things, this is a 20 team league consisting of 2 10 team conferences with independent player pools so there is potential for my opponent to have some of the same players as me in the Super Bowl.  Both my opponent and I have OBJ, Latavius Murray, Olsen and Hopkins (K) effectively cancelling them out.  Usually, I shy away from having 2 players from the same team in my starting lineup, like Murray and Crabtree, but in this scenario one of them is cancelled out by my opponent.  Also, I'm struggling with if it's better to cancel out his players or go with someone else that I hope can outscore them.  My other players starting will be Brees, Zeke and the Seattle D...my opponent's are Cousins, L Bell, B Cooks, Steve Smith and the Ravens D.  Don't know if that will affect your answer but just wanted you to have all the info that is swirling around in my head and driving me mad :)  

Thanks for all your help all season that has gotten me to this point.   
murray baldwin crabtree

Users who are viewing this thread