What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 16 Reggie Bush (1 Viewer)

Dulymus Mudhounds

Footballguy
I'm sure a lot of people are interested in what's happening with Bush this week and many of those people probably have Stecker as well.

If Bush doesn't play, it seems a no brainer to plug Stecker in since he's played very well the past couple of weeks. Please use this topic to post any links you find on Bush.

Thanks,

Mud

Bush back but limited

Posted by Jimmy Smith, The Times-Picayune Staff writer December 19, 2007 3:30PM

Categories: Saints

Reggie Bush was back at Saints practice on Wednesday after missing the last two games with a torn posterior cruciate ligament in his left knee.

But he was far from100 percent and whether he plays in Sunday's home finale against the Philadelphia Eagles won't be determined until just before kickoffl

"It felt pretty good; we'll see how it goes and make a decision when the time comes," said Bush, who sustained the injury the Saints' loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Bush said unless he can fully participate in the game, he'd not likely play.

"It's a team decision not just mind," Bush said. "If I'm going to play, I'm going to go 110 percent. I'm not just going in half. If that's the case, I won't even play. Whenever the time comes for me to play, I'm going to give it my all."

Coach Sean Payton said after Wednesday's practice it was obvious that Bush was not yet at full speed.

"There's still some swelling," Payton said. "There's a little less pain than he's had. He moved around pretty well in the individual work. He got some team snaps. It's hard to put a percent on it. But I think he is making progress. That's encouraging. And he's in good shape."

Defensive tackle Renaldo Wynn, who's expected to play an increased role this week with the loss of Brian Young for the rest of the season because of pneumonia, did not practice at all on Wednesday because of a turf toe injury.

Tight end Eric Johnson was limited with a groin injury.

Young will likely be hospitalized for at least three to four more days.

Bush back at practice, coy about status for Sunday

Associated Press

METAIRIE, La. -- Reggie Bush returned to practice on Wednesday, ahead of schedule after learning only two weeks ago he had a torn left knee ligament.

Whether the New Orleans Saints truly expect Bush to play on Sunday is another matter.

Meet the Men Under the Helmet Meet the players of the NFL and help us choose which of their stories would make the best NFL Super Bowl Commercial. NFL.com/SuperAd

"I guess you guys have to wait and see," a grinning Bush said coyly. "I can't give that away yet."

Even if the running back ends up missing his third straight game when the Saints host Philadelphia on Sunday, there could be some advantage to getting the Bush back on the practice field: it gives the Eagles something else to worry about.

"He may or may not play, but they have to prepare as if he's going to play," said Saints running back Aaron Stecker, who has been starting -- and thriving -- since Bush went down. "If they don't prepare for it and all of a sudden he shows up and plays, then they're just looking at themselves, saying, 'Why didn't we prepare?'

"I'm going to prepare the same way, as if I'm going to get the majority of the carries," Stecker continued. "And if he plays, he plays."

Coach Sean Payton normally avoids divulging information about hobbled players' status before NFL rules require him to do so, which would have been the first scheduled practice report on Wednesday. Instead, Payton volunteered on Monday that Bush intended to practice this week in the hope of playing against the Eagles.

Eagles coach Andy Reid wasn't inclined to bet Bush's return to practice was nothing more than a smoke screen.

"Whether he comes back or not, I don't know. If he does, we'll be ready," Reid said. "If he doesn't, Aaron is playing very good football right now, so we have to make sure we study him also."

The Saints discovered on Dec. 6 that Bush had a partial posterior cruciate ligament tear that would not require surgery, but would likely require about a month of rehabilitation. At the time, the Saints were 5-7.

New Orleans (7-7) has since won two straight games over Atlanta and Arizona, keeping the Saints one game behind Minnesota (8-6) for the final NFC wild-card playoff spot with two games to go.

Surprisingly, the Saints have had two of their best games of the year running the ball since Bush joined Deuce McAllister on the sidelines.

Stecker rushed for 100 yards against Atlanta and 95 yards at home against the Cardinals. He also had 46 yards receiving against Arizona.

Payton said if Bush returns Sunday, Stecker would likely remain a key part of the offense.

"One encouraging thing is we've been able to run the ball in these last two games and it's given us some balance, which is something we've been looking for," Payton said. "Aaron's done a good job. We've done a good job up front. So each week, depending on which team we're playing and what we're seeing defensively, we'll try to do what's best to score points."

Bush wore a knee brace and his participation in practice was limited, though he appeared to run well while taking handoffs during the portion of practice reporters were permitted to watch.

Bush began wearing a brace in midseason when the same knee first started bothering him. He played through pain for several weeks, then an MRI exam several days after a loss to Tampa Bay on Dec. 2 indicated that injury had gotten worse.

Last week, however, the Saints decided against placing Bush on injured reserve, hoping he may return to the field to help the Saints in the playoffs, should they advance that far. Bush then said last week he thought he might return for the Saints' last regular-season game in Chicago.

Bush said when he does come back, it won't be in a limited role.

"If I'm going to play ... I'm not just going to go in there and go half, because if that's the case I wouldn't play," he said. "Whenever the time comes for me to play, I'm planning on giving it my all."

Payton said the Saints intend to be careful with Bush and won't play him if there appears to be a risk of worsening the injury.

"He can be a big factor for us if he's healthy," Payton said. "So we'll kind of take it day to day and then probably make a game-time decision based on how he's feeling."

After what I have seen from Stecker, (I have both Bush and Stecker), even if Bush were starting, I am leaning toward playing Stecker ahead of Bush.

After what I have seen from Stecker, (I have both Bush and Stecker), even if Bush were starting, I am leaning toward playing Stecker ahead of Bush.
but would you lean toward starting Stecker over another RB? I think most people would sit Reggie this week, because even if he plays he will be limited. I think the bigger question is if we should sit Stecker because of the threat of Reggie stealing touches.

Saints | Bush misses practice Thursday

Thu, 20 Dec 2007 12:28:43 -0800

New Orleans Saints RB Reggie Bush (knee) did not participate in practice Thursday, Dec. 20. He is considered questionable for Week 16. He will be re-evaluated Friday, Dec. 21.

If Bush can't go (and it seems he won't) and Spikes out, this becomes a rather nice home matchup for Stecker. Top 12 numbers for a second straight week should be realistic.

Gopher State said:
Saints | Bush misses practice ThursdayThu, 20 Dec 2007 12:28:43 -0800New Orleans Saints RB Reggie Bush (knee) did not participate in practice Thursday, Dec. 20. He is considered questionable for Week 16. He will be re-evaluated Friday, Dec. 21.
This is a setback. Can't see him playing if he can't practice on consecutive days.

Gopher State said:
Saints | Bush misses practice ThursdayThu, 20 Dec 2007 12:28:43 -0800New Orleans Saints RB Reggie Bush (knee) did not participate in practice Thursday, Dec. 20. He is considered questionable for Week 16. He will be re-evaluated Friday, Dec. 21.
This is a setback. Can't see him playing if he can't practice on consecutive days.
maybe they're trying to keep him fresh? :goodposting:

Gopher State said:
Saints | Bush misses practice Thursday

Thu, 20 Dec 2007 12:28:43 -0800

New Orleans Saints RB Reggie Bush (knee) did not participate in practice Thursday, Dec. 20. He is considered questionable for Week 16. He will be re-evaluated Friday, Dec. 21.
maybe they're trying to keep him fresh? :shrug:
"Questionable at best" = Stecker gets all the carrieshttp://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2007/12/bu...es_day_off.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread